Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • Dragonbone
    • By Dragonbone 13th Jul 17, 4:16 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Bailiff help - urgent !
    • #1
    • 13th Jul 17, 4:16 PM
    Bailiff help - urgent ! 13th Jul 17 at 4:16 PM
    I have been in an arrangement with Rundles to pay arrears of council tax at £50 per week - I've paid £650 in all - unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances and being a busy mom of 4 I forgot to pay last week - fast forward to today and I've had a letter hand delivered saying I have to pay today - and just received an email from them too....

    'You balance of £ 378.08 is due today.

    You can pay via our 24-hour payment line on 08456 585030. Please select option 1, and follow the prompts. You will need to quote your Rundles reference, which is 1522959. You can also pay online at s.(edited ] and follow the link to “Make a Payment”.

    Please note that Rundles do not automatically collect any payments from you, and it is up to you to ensure that your payment(s) are made on time and in accordance with the arrangement detailed above.

    Please note that no further communication will be issued should you default from this arrangement and enforcement action will continue.

    Miss Chambers
    Enforcement Agent

    Rundle & Co Ltd
    Maidstone office
    01622 739488

    .... I don't have £378 that I can pay today - I will need to resume the agreement but I'm petrified of running them to ask as I'm sure they will say no - does anyone have any advise for me please ?

    Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • Arleen
    • By Arleen 13th Jul 17, 4:27 PM
    • 1,150 Posts
    • 863 Thanks
    • #2
    • 13th Jul 17, 4:27 PM
    • #2
    • 13th Jul 17, 4:27 PM
    Call them right away offer to make both week payments now and resume of the agreement. No one wants to go into enforcement over such small sums, especially when you are paying it off (if you were to stick to your agreement, you will be done paying back before bailiffs will get to do anything).
    • CIS
    • By CIS 13th Jul 17, 4:28 PM
    • 10,406 Posts
    • 6,012 Thanks
    • #3
    • 13th Jul 17, 4:28 PM
    • #3
    • 13th Jul 17, 4:28 PM
    The only way to know is to ask them - they can only say no. They're under no obligation to accept a payment arrangement in any case (although the contract with the local authority may include provision for payment arrangements).

    It would do no harm to your case to make the £50 payment anyway and tell them you've made the payment as soon as possible and ask them to allow a continuation of the arrangement.

    I no longer work in Council Tax Recovery but instead as a self employed consultant. My views are my own reading of the law and you should always check with the local authority in question.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 13th Jul 17, 4:30 PM
    • 13,724 Posts
    • 13,056 Thanks
    • #4
    • 13th Jul 17, 4:30 PM
    • #4
    • 13th Jul 17, 4:30 PM
    Yes, dont bother asking them, just pay the £50 per month when you can.

    It's no good trying to re-negoatiate with rundles, you just go round in circles.

    Keep paying it, and try not to miss any more payments.

    They can't come into your home, unless through an unlocked door, so just be wary and keep paying what your paying.

    Best advice is not to get into protracted argument with them, don't look for their approval, just keep up with the payments and it will soon be paid off.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to Any views are mine and not the official line of

    For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Free Legal advice see :
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,667Posts Today

7,809Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MartinSLewis: Pls help stop people who are suicidal being harassed by creditors. People in hospital due to anxiety, depression & more?

  • RT @peterkmartin: Thanks @MartinSLewis after hearing you advise many times to switch energy providers, I finally got my finger out and have?

  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke?

  • Follow Martin