IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CCJ from parking eye but they deliberately sent to old address

Options

Comments

• nicolanicola
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    Yes, ccjs do get put on the register almost immediately. Then removed if paid off within 30 days

Well this is the date it shows on my credit file. Is it 30 days from then?

Photo%2006-07-2017%2C%2019%2014%2020.jpg?dl=0
  • nicolanicola
    Options
    Google it for a full explanation.

You and the creditor both agree in writing that the ccj be set aside and send in your written agreements to the court.

Would involve you negotiating this with the claimant

Ok. Do you think I'm better doing that than a normal set aside?

Does the fact that I haven't lived there for 11 months count in my defence?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    To get a ccj removed from the register of ccjs you need to pay it off in full within 30 days from date of judgement
  • nicolanicola
    Options
    To get a ccj removed from the register of ccjs you need to pay it off in full within 30 days from date of judgement

Ok. On Experian it says Date - 8th June. So I'm guessing that's the registered date. That would mean I have to today but obviously today is a Saturday and I have no way of knowing who and where to pay.
  • Quentin
    Options
    Ok. Do you think I'm better doing that than a normal set aside?

Does the fact that I haven't lived there for 11 months count in my defence?

Where you live isn't a defence against the claim.

But should be good enough as a reason why you want it set aside.

You need to read up on set aside as apart from having a reason why, you also need to show an outline of the defence against the claim you would use.

Consider set aside by consent only if you want to pay it off! It's then an alternative to consider.

If you win a set aside and then the creditor loses the subsequent second claim or doesn't make one then you can ask them to reimburse you the £255!
  • Quentin
    Options
    Ok. On Experian it says Date - 8th June. So I'm guessing that's the registered date. That would mean I have to today but obviously today is a Saturday and I have no way of knowing who and where to pay.

Yes Too late
  • nicolanicola
    Options
    Where you live isn't a defence against the claim.

But should be good enough as a reason why you want it set aside.

You need to read up on set aside as apart from having a reason why, you also need to show an outline of the defence against the claim you would use.

Consider set aside by consent only if you want to pay it off! It's then an alternative to consider.

If you win a set aside and then the creditor loses the subsequent second claim or doesn't make one then you can ask them to reimburse you the £255!

Oh I don't mind paying it off. The debit is now £254. Set aside by consent if £100. I'd pay that to stop this stress.

I have no idea if I have a defence. Can you defend against being over the allowed time to stay in a car park?
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You pay the creditor, i.e. Parking Eye. It shouldn't be too late, but it would need paying today - you are given one calendar month. The creditor would then need to confirm to the court that you paid within the timescale allowed (it does not matter if they inform the court after the month, they just need to confirm you paid in time)
    https://www.trustonline.org.uk/understand-judgments-fines/ccjs-and-county-courts/removing-a-ccj
    The question is PE open to accept payment and you may need to chase them up
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can you defend against being over the allowed time to stay in a car park?

There would have a penalty notice issued and attached to the car at the time.
  • nicolanicola
    Options
    Thrugelmir wrote: »
    There would have a penalty notice issued and attached to the car at the time.

Oh ive had nothing attached to my car
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport