Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tdeacon81
    • By tdeacon81 2nd Jul 17, 10:01 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 4Thanks
    tdeacon81
    Bounce.mobi/PM-Connect Scam
    • 2nd Jul 17, 10:01 PM
    Bounce.mobi/PM-Connect Scam 2nd Jul 17 at 10:01 PM
    I was recently subscribed to a wrestling content club without my knowledge. £2.50 was added to my phone bill after interacting with an advert that took over my phone screen. The advert had no available options to dismiss, and appeared taking over my whole screen more like ransomware.

I could not dismiss the advert, so reluctantly pressed the continue button (not accept) assuming that I would have some sort of option to dismiss the pop up on another screen. There was not, and as a consequence I received a text message.

Here is where my lack of understanding of the workings premium rate text messages was greatly to my disadvantage. I was under the misconception that my network provider would only bill me for making premium rate calls, or sending texts to non-standard numbers. This text message I had just received told that if I wanted to unsubscribe that I should text the word “STOP” to 60762. I thought that this was a ploy, and if I text this number this would result in being billed.

Some spam emails by pressing unsubscribe send more as you have confirmed to the spammers an active email account, I thought this was a similar situation, and I was not about to reply to a premium rate text message to get billed. I deleted the spam message and soon fort what happened. Unfortunately this innocuous continue button subscribed me to a content club at a cost of £2.50 per week, I should check my phone bills more carefully as I did not realise this for several weeks until I had racked up £50 worth of charges, I did not realise a third party could add a subscription to a mobile phone bill in this way.
    Last edited by tdeacon81; 02-07-2017 at 11:27 PM.
Page 3
    • lixi986
    • By lixi986 13th Dec 18, 2:51 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    lixi986
    Dear all,

Thanks to Roger and the forms he provided, the instructions for which I pursued to Court, I was sucessful in claiming all my money back and the court fee. It really is worth doing it and doesn’t take much time. Only thing, is if someone is not so good with a computer you may need help from someone navigating this online, but aside from that, it was a straightforward process and totally worth it.

A big thank you to Roger for kindly providing the forms which made the process so easy. People like Roger are the heroes of the internet and I am glad I searched for help online and found him!! Please contact Roger direct and he will gladly provide the information I am sure.

Good luck everyone and do not hesitate to contact me for any information/help, happy to.

Don’t let the scammers win!

Best Wishes
    G x
    • lixi986
    • By lixi986 13th Dec 18, 2:53 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    lixi986
    haha, I have changed the date now! PS I got all my money back after following Rogerís instructions!!
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 13th Dec 18, 5:57 PM
    • 9,778 Posts
    • 7,429 Thanks
    pmduk
    You mention court? Did they settle out of court or was there a court judgement?
    • RGW
    • By RGW 13th Dec 18, 5:59 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    RGW
    They only paid me when served the small claims court papers. They had refused to pay up to that point and only made some offers of several weeks of the payments they had taken.

Within a day or so of completing the court papers online and them being served, I was offered full payment including court costs.

Roger
    • Doors27
    • By Doors27 14th Dec 18, 11:01 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Doors27
    Hi all,

I've just realised i've been scammed out of more than £200 by these cowboys! Thank you all so much for sharing your experiences on here, because like so many others, my service provider has been less than helpful.

Roger, i have PM'd you about the templates/letters you used to successfully claim your refund. I'd be very grateful if you were willing to share with me also.

Thanks
    Anthony
    • Jaz64
    • By Jaz64 15th Dec 18, 6:53 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jaz64
    Ifitness scam
    Many thanks Roger for your assistance, after emailing pm connect they offered me 50%, then 75% & finally 100% + £25 fee + *£23.48 interest . Chq arrived recorded today.
    Took approx 2 week's to sort out.
    This is so worth pursuing the website is really easy to use.
    Total scam, outrageous DO NOT JUST ACCEPT IT.
    *this was the amount suggested by the small claims website.
    • Jaz64
    • By Jaz64 15th Dec 18, 6:55 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jaz64
    Contact them immediately. Don't let them get away with it.
    I've just got a full refund £192, £23.48 interest & £25 fee. RESULT.
    • Castle
    • By Castle 16th Dec 18, 8:30 PM
    • 2,173 Posts
    • 2,900 Thanks
    Castle
    Many thanks Roger for your assistance, after emailing pm connect they offered me 50%, then 75% & finally 100% + £25 fee + *£23.48 interest . Chq arrived recorded today.
    Took approx 2 week's to sort out.
    This is so worth pursuing the website is really easy to use.
    Total scam, outrageous DO NOT JUST ACCEPT IT.
    *this was the amount suggested by the small claims website.
    Originally posted by Jaz64
    Make sure the cheque has cleared before you notify the courts.
    • RGW
    • By RGW 16th Dec 18, 8:56 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    RGW
    Hi all,

I've just realised i've been scammed out of more than £200 by these cowboys! Thank you all so much for sharing your experiences on here, because like so many others, my service provider has been less than helpful.

Roger, i have PM'd you about the templates/letters you used to successfully claim your refund. I'd be very grateful if you were willing to share with me also.

Thanks
    Anthony
    Originally posted by Doors27
    Sure, please PM me your email address and I will send you the files.

Roger
    • DJ99
    • By DJ99 13th Jan 19, 3:51 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DJ99
    Glad Iíve just found this forum. Realised that weíve been charged £12.50 per month for over a year too. Thanks to Roger for helping out. Can you please also send me the relevant documents to get my cash back from these scammers?! Iíll PM you if thatís ok.
    • RGW
    • By RGW 13th Jan 19, 5:03 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    RGW
    Glad Iíve just found this forum. Realised that weíve been charged £12.50 per month for over a year too. Thanks to Roger for helping out. Can you please also send me the relevant documents to get my cash back from these scammers?! Iíll PM you if thatís ok.
    Originally posted by DJ99
    Please PM me your email address and I will send you the documents.

Roger
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,454Posts Today

9,573Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Perhaps the only thing we truly learn from this poll is we are generally optimistic. Most Brexiteers think Brexit w? https://t.co/DoosVRvneE

• RT @MoneySavingExp: ??Join the UK's biggest consumer website ??Make a difference ??Work with brilliant journalists ??Collaborate with top b?

• Today's Twitter poll: Do you believe the UK will leave the European Union in 2019? PS. Twitter/my following tends? https://t.co/U3DknxaJOG

• Follow Martin