Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 5
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 7th Jun 18, 10:52 AM
    • 8,497 Posts
    • 11,209 Thanks
    beamerguy
    BWLegal are sending out a form asking you
    to complete with your earnings.

Do not be intimidated by this and there is no reason
    whatsoever to complete the form and you are under
    no obligation to do so.

You do not want your private data given to dodgy legals

If you went to court and lost, (highly unlikely) and
    you cannot afford the amount then you can ask the
    court for time to pay and then, you will be asked by
    the court of your earnings .... NOT BWLEGAL
    Last edited by beamerguy; 07-06-2018 at 12:05 PM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 7th Jun 18, 8:46 PM
    • 8,497 Posts
    • 11,209 Thanks
    beamerguy
    BWLegal are a robo claims firm which means that they
    get lots of raw meat, feed it through a machine and out
    pops sausages to which they don't know what they are
    made of or anything about them. BIG BIG JOKE

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Jun 18, 9:46 PM
    • 61,786 Posts
    • 74,683 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    VCS case beaten this week, waste of time and money by BW Legal's finest:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5768518&page=4

...and the victorious 'victim' SophS is not leaving it there; she is escalating complaints.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 8th Jun 18, 8:21 AM
    • 8,497 Posts
    • 11,209 Thanks
    beamerguy
    As above

WOW ... the 4 minute whooping of BWLegal/VCS

These time wasting children should head back
    to Zombie land

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 23rd Jun 18, 8:49 PM
    • 8,497 Posts
    • 11,209 Thanks
    beamerguy
    THE PERFECT READ

n4im helped by the famous legend ... lamilad

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5775276

POST # 28

BWLegal and Excel lose again

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 2nd Jul 18, 11:31 PM
    • 8,497 Posts
    • 11,209 Thanks
    beamerguy
    The rubbish continues

Everytime I read more and more rubbish from BWLegal,
    this thread gets bumped

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 5th Jul 18, 10:41 PM
    • 8,497 Posts
    • 11,209 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Do BWLegal actually know what they are claiming for ????

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 5th Jul 18, 11:56 PM
    • 4,278 Posts
    • 6,072 Thanks
    Half_way
    While it does ( and is ) a bit of a joke, by just taking a few people to court, and getting a reputation of taking people to court, plenty more will just roll over and pay up.
    Yes their conduct may be farcical, but why throw money at it, when its much more profitable to use the court system to scare people into paying up.

The courts are being used as nothing more than just another bully boy threat, and BW legals losses are nothing more than money loss-leaders in the wider game
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 6th Jul 18, 8:40 AM
    • 8,497 Posts
    • 11,209 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Agreed

The tag line on this is
    BWLegal - the list of failures growing

That goes on google search so hopefully this forum
    hits a wider audience when they want to find out
    about BWLegal

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 9th Jul 18, 11:50 AM
    • 8,497 Posts
    • 11,209 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Understand why BWLegal fails

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 11th Jul 18, 9:35 AM
    • 8,497 Posts
    • 11,209 Thanks
    beamerguy
    WARNING ... BWLEGAL now trying to add on debt
    collector fees calling it ADMIN ??????

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 18th Jul 18, 10:38 AM
    • 8,497 Posts
    • 11,209 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Excel spanked at Skipton
    Court Report: Excel spanked at Skipton

Excel Parking Services Ltd vs Ambler. E1DP2061

Thanks to Lamilad

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74542767&posted=1#post74542767

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 25th Jul 18, 9:20 PM
    • 8,497 Posts
    • 11,209 Thanks
    beamerguy
    COURT REPORT

Thanks to Capt Mainwaring
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74574493&posted=1#post74574493

POST#186

THE REPORT

Judge Wright in Skipton
    BWLegal sent Mr Pickup
    An EXCEL case

She came across well. Very smiley and despite the serious nature of the proceedings, she put me at ease (most of the time!).

My first scare came early on, when she told me that I was supposed to email my court bundle to them, not just my WS, as I had done. I've clearly misunderstood this, so I apologised and blamed it on my naivety in these matters.

It got worse - she then went through my court bundle and casually tossed most exhibits to one side! They weren't authoritative or binding on her and she seemed to have an issue as some were at County Court level. However, I think this was partly done so she could then move on to my WS.

Even though he doesn't work for BW or Excel (I knew this before I arrived) Ernest Pickup, who I believe is based in Newark represented the Claimant. He offered to shake hands as we walked in. If I was a better man than I am, I would have shaken his hand. However, given how fed up (I'd like to type something much stronger) this sorry process has made me, I just refused.

Judge Wright then went through my WS. With an air of deja vu, she casually waved away CPS v AJH Films and Elliot v Loake. I wonder how many times she has said that this year. Even good old Ernie knew the Judge would give that lot short shrift.I bet he feels like Geoffrey Howe when he resigned! I'm showing my age here but you remember the speech he made - the one about the opening batsmen walking to the crease, only to find your captain has broken your bat!. BW don't give Ernie a lot to work with, do they! I bet his heart sinks when he has to come up to Skipton and BW are relying on CPS and EvL.

Judge Wright was clearly NOT impressed that Philip Byers Nolan (who wrote the WS for BW) was not present. I'd say that definitely scores some easy points for any Defendant. That strikes me as being bizarre, that BW can't even be bothered to turn up and they place it in hands of another firm, who have had knack all to do with it, up to that point.

After an unimpressive start, things were on the up for me. The Judge agreed with me that EvL and CPS are irrelevant and she'd given us her 'I can't believe its not PoFA' look, when she read that the Claimant is not relying on it.

Ernie wanted to ask me questions about why I hadn't 'engaged' with the Claimant. They hadn't heard anything from me. I MUST have known who was driving my car, when they sent me the PCN, as it wasn't taken without my consent. I confirmed that after Excel had showed utter contempt for my appeal for the first PCN in my wife's name, then I had zero interest in dealing with them ever again.

He wanted to know if I knew who the driver was. I confirmed that I didn't know. He then said how did I know that the P&D machines were not working on the day of the alleged contravention. Crap! I bet I looked like Virat Kohli when Adil Rashid bowled him the other week. I acknowledged this oversight and confirmed that being an uneducated man, I had clearly phrased that incorrectly and that I had meant to say 'I believe they were not working on the day'.

Ernie summed up by saying that he believed me to be the driver. I was pretty nervous at this stage, I don't mind admitting. The Judge said she'd have no problem in labelling me a liar, if she thought I had lied in Court.

I like to think the next part saved my bacon - I confirmed that I'd parked my wife's car in that car park in May (thus proving that surprise, surprise, married couples do drive each others vehicles). I didn't pay, as the machines were not working. I then went back to just two days before the alleged contravention, to take photos of the signs. WHY would I then return for a THIRD time, just two days later and park in that car park again, knowing that the machines had been our of order for ages and that I'd probably incur another PCN?

The Judge then summed up - she believed that I hadn't lied in court and commented on my demeanour and acting as a lay person with no legal background (thanks to Iamemanresu for your views on how to act in Court). She also confirmed that The Claimant had failed to convince her that I was the driver and with no proof, she dismissed the claim!

I then produced a costs schedule and commented that I had not include any parking, fuel or time off work costs and that I have been honest and fair in the 250 I believe I was owed. She said I could only claim for that if I thought they had been unreasonable. For the life of me, I could not remember what Lamilad had said about this! I took the opportunity to vent a little about it being a disgrace that I've been subjected to this crap for the last 12 months. Unsurprisingly, I left without a penny! Never mind, I still got what I came for. The 250 would have been a great bonus.

I have to say, I don't feel triumphant. I'm just relieved its all over. This wasn't another 'Excel take a hiding in Skipton'. I could be wrong (only the Judge can really answer) but I agree with Iamemanresu it was marginal and thankfully, she found in my favour.

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 2nd Aug 18, 5:55 PM
    • 8,497 Posts
    • 11,209 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Warning about bwlegal
    WARNING ABOUT BWLEGAL

SEE THIS THREAD
    BW Legal ringing family members

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5876780

If you or your family are being harassed by BWLegal
    as seen in the above thread, read the action you should take

The SRA should be totally ashamed by allowing BWLegal
    to be members, they are a shambles

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 6th Aug 18, 10:07 PM
    • 8,497 Posts
    • 11,209 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Read this thread about BWLegal

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 18th Aug 18, 5:57 PM
    • 8,497 Posts
    • 11,209 Thanks
    beamerguy
    BWLegal now in bed with NCP.

Wonder if NCP have read this thread yet ?????

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

93Posts Today

1,872Users online

Martin's Twitter