Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dangermouse007
    • By dangermouse007 30th Jun 17, 6:22 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    dangermouse007
    Transferwise - chargeback or section 75
    • 30th Jun 17, 6:22 PM
    Transferwise - chargeback or section 75 30th Jun 17 at 6:22 PM
    I have an item that has been delivered faulty from a merchant in France and paid them direct to their bank account through Transferwise using my credit card. I have contacted them to no avail and they don't even acknowledge my emails. Given that I've used Transferwise to make the payment, albeit using a credit card, can I claim the money back using a chargeback or a section 75 claim? Thanks in advance for any help.
Page 2
    • SnowTiger
    • By SnowTiger 6th Feb 18, 11:37 PM
    • 3,272 Posts
    • 2,239 Thanks
    SnowTiger
    Of course ethics come into play. You can file all the chargebacks and disputes you want (without winning), but it isn't, to me, ethical to do so.
    Originally posted by AllieKat
    Someone who lost a lot of chargeback cases would probably receive a Dear John letter from their bank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3qZ0Y_Kw4E
    • Heng Leng
    • By Heng Leng 7th Feb 18, 3:42 PM
    • 4,526 Posts
    • 1,416 Thanks
    Heng Leng
    Of course ethics come into play. You can file all the chargebacks and disputes you want (without winning), but it isn't, to me, ethical to do so.
    Originally posted by AllieKat
    Ethics are personal - this isn't you.

Also, chargebacks are made by the issuer - so you can't issue all the chargebacks want, the cardholder's request can be declined.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,167Posts Today

7,336Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin