Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 27th Jun 17, 12:21 PM
    • 9,220Posts
    • 22,051Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    One Call Insurance Questions and Answers
    • 27th Jun 17, 12:21 PM
    One Call Insurance Questions and Answers 27th Jun 17 at 12:21 PM
    Hi everyone

Insurance broker One Call has joined the Forum to help out its customers.

If you're a customer and you have questions feel free to ask on this discussion thread.

Related MSE content:

Insurance Section
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 29-06-2017 at 2:44 PM.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 2
    • zychster
    • By zychster 18th Jul 17, 9:26 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    zychster
    Sneaky and overpriced automatic renwals
    The clue is in the name - you can only deal with them via phone, not email (although all documents are electronic). Unfortunately, they are an awful company to deal with on the phone - long wait times for calls to be answered, with rude, unhelpful members of staff at the other end of the phone! If phone calls are the only customer-facing experience, it ought to be good. Initial policy pricing is good, but automatic renewals at 30% above other comparable premiums (with little time to get out of the renewal and penalties for doing so) mean that you have to be careful with these guys. I have had an awful experience with Onecall.
  • One Call Insurance
    The clue is in the name - you can only deal with them via phone, not email (although all documents are electronic). Unfortunately, they are an awful company to deal with on the phone - long wait times for calls to be answered, with rude, unhelpful members of staff at the other end of the phone! If phone calls are the only customer-facing experience, it ought to be good. Initial policy pricing is good, but automatic renewals at 30% above other comparable premiums (with little time to get out of the renewal and penalties for doing so) mean that you have to be careful with these guys. I have had an awful experience with Onecall.
    Originally posted by zychster
    Hi, Zychster. You can contact us via phone, or our Live Chat service on our website where you'll be speaking to our team of friendly advisers. I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience with our phone team, we pride ourselves on putting customers first, so it is extremely disappointing this wasn't the case for you. Please feel free to email me; Kiera.Muers@onecalldirect.co.uk, with your full name, date of birth and postcode for data protection purposes. I can then look at your file and see who you spoke to, and refer this to the relevant manager to ensure the member of staff is dealt with for the upset they have caused. Regarding our renewal process, like other companies, we do have an auto renewal system in place which can be taken off at any time before your renewal date. It is put in place so customers are never left without insurance; we do send renewal notices 30 days prior to your renewal too. If you inform us after this date, then cancellation fees do incur just the same as any other contract you terminate early. Unfortunately, the price of insurance has risen due to a number of factors, including an insurance tax inflation and the increase in false claims. Your renewal price is also determined by any mid term adjustments and changes to your risk. This is the same for all insurance companies. We'd love to be able to offer the lowest price possible. However, we know this isn't always the case and understand when customers choose to go elsewhere which better suits their needs - we're always looking to improve to prevent this where we can though, which is why your feedback is important to us. I hope this helps a little, and please let me know if there is anything else I can do.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of One Call Insurance. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 18th Jul 17, 10:54 AM
    • 37,489 Posts
    • 21,704 Thanks
    Quentin
    Regarding our renewal process, like other companies, we do have an auto renewal system in place which can be taken off at any time before your renewal date. It is put in place so customers are never left without insurance; we do send renewal notices 30 days prior to your renewal too. If you inform us after this date, then cancellation fees do incur just the same as any other contract you terminate early.......
    Originally posted by One Call Insurance
    No!

Other companies don't make you pay cancellation fees simply for cancelling the auto renewal within 30 days prior to the policy ending! So your company charges a fee for not cancelling auto renewing before 11 months have passed??

This looks to be another issue your policyholders are unaware of
  • One Call Insurance
    No!

Other companies don't make you pay cancellation fees simply for cancelling the auto renewal within 30 days prior to the policy ending! So your company charges a fee for not cancelling auto renewing before 11 months have passed??

This looks to be another issue your policyholders are unaware of
    Originally posted by Quentin
    Hi, Quentin. We charge fees after the policy renewal date, not after the renewal notice is issued; sorry if that wasn't clear. We are an insurance broker, so if our customers cancel after their renewal date, we have to pay the insurer admin charges and time on cover whether it is 1 day or 364 days, which is why the fees are applied. This is standard practice amongst insurance brokers, although I appreciate that may differ with insurance companies themselves.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of One Call Insurance. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Deltona
    • By Deltona 14th Feb 18, 2:57 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Deltona
    One call are the most useless insurance company I have come across in years! You can't speak to someone (phone queue is 14 long ATM), they don't even put their phone number on any correspondence, Online chat takes forever (when it's open which it currently isn't) and they don't know what they're talking about on there anyhow. I'm on the verge of giving up, asking for my money back and taking them to the financial ombudsman.
    Last edited by Deltona; 14-02-2018 at 3:04 PM.
    • Fabulosity
    • By Fabulosity 19th Jul 18, 2:30 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Fabulosity
    Renewall
    No. Insurance company that I have ever been with sends a renewal date 30 days before and renews if you don't reply in this time frame. I have the misfortune to have insured with one call
    So I will be watching out for this tactic well in advance.
    • Niteowl41
    • By Niteowl41 5th Aug 18, 8:23 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Niteowl41
    Fire and Theft - Tracker exclusion clause
    There seems to be an exclusion clause buried in the motor insurance policy booklet that excludes cover for theft unless there is a tracking device fitted. Here is the exact wording :
    What is not covered
    Loss or damage to the insured car by theft or attempted theft, unless we
    have proof that: it is fitted with an insurance approved tracking device and
    installed in accordance with the manufacturers instructions, and the
    tracking device is on and working whenever the insured car is left.
    There is no mention of this in the policy summary document or during the application process. Can you confirm that this clause applies to all policies? If so I would imagine there will be an awful lot of people driving around not covered for theft of their vehicles.
    • Reardoa
    • By Reardoa 6th Aug 18, 9:13 AM
    • 140 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    Reardoa
    I suspect that is specific clause for you. I maybe wrong but do you have a high value vehicle? Surely even One Call wouldn't ask for a tracker on a 500 quid Clio.
    • Niteowl41
    • By Niteowl41 6th Aug 18, 9:21 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Niteowl41
    I suspect that is specific clause for you. I maybe wrong but do you have a high value vehicle? Surely even One Call wouldn't ask for a tracker on a 500 quid Clio.
    Originally posted by Reardoa
    Not particularly. This clause was in the policy booklet which I would assume makes it applicable on all policies?
    • Niteowl41
    • By Niteowl41 6th Aug 18, 9:57 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Niteowl41
    There seems to be an exclusion clause buried in the motor insurance policy booklet that excludes cover for theft unless there is a tracking device fitted. Here is the exact wording :
    What is not covered
    Loss or damage to the insured car by theft or attempted theft, unless we
    have proof that: it is fitted with an insurance approved tracking device and
    installed in accordance with the manufacturers instructions, and the
    tracking device is on and working whenever the insured car is left.
    There is no mention of this in the policy summary document or during the application process. Can you confirm that this clause applies to all policies? If so I would imagine there will be an awful lot of people driving around not covered for theft of their vehicles.
    Originally posted by Niteowl41
    Now sorted with live chat service - very helpful. Apparently the policy document wording is a code document that explains the endorsements that may or may not apply to your policy. Any endorsements that do apply are listed in the policy schedule attached to the certificate of insurance. Panic over!
    • Reardoa
    • By Reardoa 6th Aug 18, 10:31 AM
    • 140 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    Reardoa
    I did think it was odd even for One Call. Glad you are sorted. You tend to find insurers don't apply that kind of clause until the value hits 30-50k.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,050Posts Today

8,412Users online

Martin's Twitter