Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • y2121pc
    • By y2121pc 26th Jun 17, 8:50 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    y2121pc
    Gladstones solicitors - court threat
    • 26th Jun 17, 8:50 PM
    Gladstones solicitors - court threat 26th Jun 17 at 8:50 PM
    Hi,

I have received a letter from Gladstones Solicitors which states that they "have now been instructed to commence legal action" against me as I've failed to settle the debts that are owing.
    This is in relation to a PCN that I was given in November 2016.
    They have said that they require a response within 14days and if no satisfactory response is received they "are instructed to start proceedings against (me) without any further notice".
    Should I respond to this letter? I have not responded to any that I have received in the past but I'm worried that they will take me to court. Do they usually act on this?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Page 2
    • Ricky R2D2
    • By Ricky R2D2 19th Nov 17, 10:15 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ricky R2D2
    Ricky R2D2
    Please help. I cannot find the newbies thread. I am looking for the court defence thread. I must reply by Wednesday . I have had 2 tragedies in the family in recent mo this and Iím in a bit of a mess.

PLEASE HELP!!:
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 19th Nov 17, 10:23 AM
    • 8,789 Posts
    • 11,670 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Please help. I cannot find the newbies thread. I am looking for the court defence thread. I must reply by Wednesday . I have had 2 tragedies in the family in recent mo this and Iím in a bit of a mess.

PLEASE HELP!!:
    Originally posted by Ricky R2D2
    It's on the front page of this forum
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

Clearly marked in big bold letters
    **NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? OLD OR NEW? **READ THESE FAQS FIRST!** Thankyou!
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 19th Nov 17, 10:23 AM
    • 19,691 Posts
    • 31,162 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Please help. I cannot find the newbies thread. I am looking for the court defence thread. I must reply by Wednesday . I have had 2 tragedies in the family in recent mo this and I’m in a bit of a mess.

PLEASE HELP!!:
    Originally posted by Ricky R2D2
    One page back from this one. Use your Back button ( < ) to get to the forum thread list. And it’s there, right at the top. It’s headed like this:

**NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? OLD OR NEW? **READ THESE FAQS FIRST!** Thankyou!

If you need any further assistance, you need your own thread, not jumping in on a random one.
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • 123Messiah
    • By 123Messiah 19th Nov 17, 11:52 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    123Messiah
    Thank you
    Thanks have started a new thread.
    • clowni
    • By clowni 16th Apr 18, 12:37 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    clowni
    http:// parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/hopeless-solicitors-gladstones-bungle.html
    • Maverick84
    • By Maverick84 1st Jun 18, 12:34 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Maverick84
    Gladstone solicitors court threat
    Hi I have also received the letter from Gladstone Solicitors in relation to a parking charge notice I disputed and have subsequently not paid. Any help on how I should respond would be appreciated.
    If the mater goes go to court and I lose will I automatically get a county court judgement or that will only happen if at that point I continue to not pay.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 1st Jun 18, 12:40 PM
    • 8,789 Posts
    • 11,670 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Hi I have also received the letter from Gladstone Solicitors in relation to a parking charge notice I disputed and have subsequently not paid. Any help on how I should respond would be appreciated.
    If the mater goes go to court and I lose will I automatically get a county court judgement or that will only happen if at that point I continue to not pay.
    Originally posted by Maverick84
    This an old thread so if you want help, you must start
    your own thread.. and before that, carefully read the
    NEWBIES thread
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • waamo
    • By waamo 1st Jun 18, 12:41 PM
    • 4,422 Posts
    • 5,811 Thanks
    waamo
    Originally posted by Maverick84
    Read the link to the Newbies thread. It's a few posts above this. Then start your own thread as this could get confusing answering several people in one thread.
    This space for hire.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

225Posts Today

1,987Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Lovely package on #newsnight just now about Brexit hitchhiking, livened up what has been not the most exciting show.

• Is this is a serious tweet or a joke? Why did I mention he was a cyclist - because he was a cyclist. Eh? https://t.co/F1SP7UJZkH

• How awful Mark. This is why those people who take risks on the road, have to realise while they think they're gamb? https://t.co/berU23vQOU

• Follow Martin