Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jraf
    • By jraf 24th Jun 17, 10:39 AM
    • 68Posts
    • 20Thanks
    jraf
    Nationwide Refer a friend and receive 200 new referral procedure
    • 24th Jun 17, 10:39 AM
    Nationwide Refer a friend and receive 200 new referral procedure 24th Jun 17 at 10:39 AM
    Hi everyone,

Since the previous thread is full of posters requesting personal details to be sent over the PM system I thought that this really warrants a new thread.

The much-loved refer a friend incentive at Nationwide has had a had a complete overhaul at Nationwide. You still get 200 - thats 100 for the new customer and 100 for the current customer but the way in which you are referred is completely different. It still works and on existing and new customer who has not been recommended previously. Only available on FlexAccount, FlexDirect or FlexPlus Account. Cash Card and FlexOne account holders are not eligible for this offer.

Full details here http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/landing-page/recommend-a-friend

Terms and conditions http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/service/raf-conditions

You need to:
    Switch a current account to Nationwide using their full switching service. This includes closure of your old account.
    Transfer at least 2 direct debits
    Not close the account for 3 months

Previously, account holders needed to fill in a form with their friend's full name, date of birth and email address. Under the new system, account holders simply need to request a unique referral link at the time of referring to send to the person they wish to recommend. This link will be valid for 90 days for one friend only. Nationwide will generate the link in 1-2 working days. If you want to be referred now, simply PM a Nationwide customer (such as myself) and request a referral link. No personal details are required! I think this will make some people more comfortable being referred by a stranger online. I'm sure we will all learn more about the process as we start using it. I requested my first link yesterday so I'll report back once I've been through the complete procedure.

Please PM me for a unique and valid referral link
    UPDATE (18/3/2018): I have 3 fresh valid referral links ready to go out.

See below for more details:
    http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/landing-page/recommend-a-friend

Last edited by jraf; 18-03-2018 at 6:41 PM.
Page 9
    • blindman
    • By blindman 6th Feb 18, 8:33 AM
    • 5,154 Posts
    • 4,175 Thanks
    blindman
    Why is no one offering part of their 100 to switch, as per the Bulb referral?
    Originally posted by roddydogs
    Because it's not allowed
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 6th Feb 18, 9:10 AM
    • 33,196 Posts
    • 39,137 Thanks
    Browntoa
    There were issues with people reneging on the split and newbies joining and vanishing before paying

So no splitting allowed
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • roddydogs
    • By roddydogs 6th Feb 18, 11:33 AM
    • 5,990 Posts
    • 2,506 Thanks
    roddydogs
    So why is the Bulb referral thread allowed?
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 6th Feb 18, 1:20 PM
    • 33,196 Posts
    • 39,137 Thanks
    Browntoa
    Ask forum team .........
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • roddydogs
    • By roddydogs 6th Feb 18, 1:34 PM
    • 5,990 Posts
    • 2,506 Thanks
    roddydogs
    Forums team? Why?
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 6th Feb 18, 2:59 PM
    • 33,196 Posts
    • 39,137 Thanks
    Browntoa
    As it's their policy , I don't make policy decisions only they do

People were getting scammed
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 6th Feb 18, 3:00 PM
    • 33,196 Posts
    • 39,137 Thanks
    Browntoa
    Add my bit

only post once in the thread I can see if you delete earlier posts and will just delete the repost

no referral splits , you cannot ask for or give away any of the referral moneys

it's ok to post in this thread if you posted on the last thread

my personal view is that you should choose a user with some "proper" posting history over a period of time rather than a new "1 post wonder" after the plague of suspicious new users in the old thread that all seemed to be the same person in the end
    Originally posted by Browntoa
    Requote of post 2 in the thread
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 6th Feb 18, 3:43 PM
    • 13,125 Posts
    • 41,384 Thanks
    sarah1972
    I have 2 links if anyone would like a referral.

Pop me a PM.

Brief Terms
    Your friend switches their main current account to us within 90 days of our email. If they already have a Nationwide current account, they can still be recommended if they switch their main non-Nationwide current account to us. As part of the switch they must transfer at least 2 Direct Debits (standing orders and recurring card payments do not qualify).
    Your 100 thank you will be in your account within 30 days of your friend completing their part of the recommendation process, including entering their details via the link you shared with them, providing you have both met the terms and conditions of the offer.
    Last edited by sarah1972; 07-02-2018 at 9:05 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • Cotta
    • By Cotta 6th Feb 18, 4:22 PM
    • 2,722 Posts
    • 1,114 Thanks
    Cotta
    How many referrals are allowed in total per person?
    • keiran
    • By keiran 6th Feb 18, 4:28 PM
    • 432 Posts
    • 220 Thanks
    keiran
    How many referrals are allowed in total per person?
    Originally posted by Cotta
    5 in any tax year

So pl do not refer any more than 5 as you will not get the 100 (the referred person still would get 100), and you'll deprive a fellow forumite of an incentive, too
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 8th Feb 18, 10:37 AM
    • 1,612 Posts
    • 14,072 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Please consider me when looking for a referral

I have 4 available

Thank you
    Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.
    • bioboybill
    • By bioboybill 8th Feb 18, 9:36 PM
    • 2,988 Posts
    • 1,366 Thanks
    bioboybill
    I am a long term current account holder at Nationwide and a long term member of the forums with 5 referrals available if anybody wants 100. Just pm me and I will send you a link.
    Last edited by bioboybill; 09-02-2018 at 10:27 PM.
    • Momama
    • By Momama 9th Feb 18, 1:52 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Momama
    Hi all, I have 4 refer a friend links available, please PM if you would like a code. I got my account via a switch and found the whole process really simple.

I'm saving to pay for a birthday party for my 'Paw Patrol loving' son who turns 4 in April, he is very excited as it will be his first proper party.

Thanks x
    • yymoney
    • By yymoney 12th Feb 18, 1:37 PM
    • 72 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    yymoney
    Thinking of switching can anyone just answer a couple of questions please.

Would I be able to open an account at the branch using the referral?

Can I set up the direct debits when I open the new account?

Or do they have to be transferred as I only have one DD but can set up another.

Is there a set amount the Direct Debit has to be?

Thanks in advance
    • Dolly Rocker
    • By Dolly Rocker 12th Feb 18, 1:44 PM
    • 3,815 Posts
    • 10,890 Thanks
    Dolly Rocker
    Thinking of switching can anyone just answer a couple of questions please.

Would I be able to open an account at the branch using the referral?

Can I set up the direct debits when I open the new account?

Or do they have to be transferred as I only have one DD but can set up another.

Is there a set amount the Direct Debit has to be?

Thanks in advance
    Originally posted by yymoney
    Hey,

Sent you a response by Pmail.

Thanks Dxxx
    CWP Goal Weight 31lbs/91lbs
    Debt Free Wannabee 696.97/6,649.97
    3-6 Month EF, 70/7,000
    3rd June 2018 - I have 3 Nationwide Referrals available, PM me if you want 100 to switch accounts
    • Scott882
    • By Scott882 13th Feb 18, 3:57 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Scott882
    Do you still have referrals looking to transfer across
    • Netherspark
    • By Netherspark 13th Feb 18, 4:00 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Netherspark
    Just sent you one
    • dj3824
    • By dj3824 15th Feb 18, 9:24 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dj3824
    If anyone wants me to refer them send me a PM and you will get your 100.
    • ljones12345
    • By ljones12345 16th Feb 18, 2:36 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ljones12345
    If anyone needs referring I have a fresh link, which will give you the 100 and can get another 4 links in needed.
    • raymilne
    • By raymilne 17th Feb 18, 5:10 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    raymilne
    Hi Folks,

I've been with Nationwide for about 15 years now and they have always been brilliant, and used them for for my current account, savings and mortgage.

If anyone needs a referral, I have one ready to send, and we'll both receive 100. Please send a PM and I'll gladly assist.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

33Posts Today

3,760Users online

Martin's Twitter