Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jraf
    • By jraf 24th Jun 17, 10:39 AM
    • 68Posts
    • 20Thanks
    jraf
    Nationwide Refer a friend and receive 200 new referral procedure
    • 24th Jun 17, 10:39 AM
    Nationwide Refer a friend and receive 200 new referral procedure 24th Jun 17 at 10:39 AM
    Hi everyone,

Since the previous thread is full of posters requesting personal details to be sent over the PM system I thought that this really warrants a new thread.

The much-loved refer a friend incentive at Nationwide has had a had a complete overhaul at Nationwide. You still get 200 - thats 100 for the new customer and 100 for the current customer but the way in which you are referred is completely different. It still works and on existing and new customer who has not been recommended previously. Only available on FlexAccount, FlexDirect or FlexPlus Account. Cash Card and FlexOne account holders are not eligible for this offer.

Full details here http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/landing-page/recommend-a-friend

Terms and conditions http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/service/raf-conditions

You need to:
    Switch a current account to Nationwide using their full switching service. This includes closure of your old account.
    Transfer at least 2 direct debits
    Not close the account for 3 months

Previously, account holders needed to fill in a form with their friend's full name, date of birth and email address. Under the new system, account holders simply need to request a unique referral link at the time of referring to send to the person they wish to recommend. This link will be valid for 90 days for one friend only. Nationwide will generate the link in 1-2 working days. If you want to be referred now, simply PM a Nationwide customer (such as myself) and request a referral link. No personal details are required! I think this will make some people more comfortable being referred by a stranger online. I'm sure we will all learn more about the process as we start using it. I requested my first link yesterday so I'll report back once I've been through the complete procedure.

Please PM me for a unique and valid referral link
    UPDATE (18/3/2018): I have 3 fresh valid referral links ready to go out.

See below for more details:
    http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/landing-page/recommend-a-friend

Last edited by jraf; 18-03-2018 at 6:41 PM.
Page 12
    • blindman
    • By blindman 9th Apr 18, 2:43 PM
    • 5,171 Posts
    • 4,196 Thanks
    blindman
    Doh!
    Thank you for the concise answers!

I would still like to switch anyway. So all our accounts are with 1 bank. If I did so using a referral link just in case, would the switch still take place, but I just wouldn't get the funds?

Thanks
    Originally posted by ishrew
    I would think so.

However IMHO you could just leave them dormant so you can leap on any other offers that come up?
    Have you tried them all?

Natwest made a surprise offer earlier this year and Mrs B and I had some dormant accounts we could use to switch.

You never know
    • anactuary
    • By anactuary 12th Apr 18, 2:44 PM
    • 643 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    anactuary
    If you would like me to refer you so we can both get a 100 switch bonus then please send me a PM for a referral.

You'll need to switch a current account to Nationwide and transfer at least 2 direct debits.

This link takes you to the relevant Nationwide page.

Thanks.
    • freelancepuddle
    • By freelancepuddle 15th Apr 18, 2:46 PM
    • 73 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    freelancepuddle
    I've got a new referral code. If you're interested in moving to Nationwide and getting the free 100, please PM me your:

Name
    Email Address
    DOB
    Last edited by freelancepuddle; 15-04-2018 at 2:48 PM.
    • anactuary
    • By anactuary 15th Apr 18, 3:00 PM
    • 643 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    anactuary
    I've got a new referral code. If you're interested in moving to Nationwide and getting the free 100, please PM me your:

Name
    Email Address
    DOB
    Originally posted by freelancepuddle
    Referrers no longer need name and date of birth, you just need to send your 'friend' the link you get from Nationwide.
    • SamMoneySaver
    • By SamMoneySaver 17th Apr 18, 12:59 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    SamMoneySaver
    Hello, fellow money savers,

If you would like me to refer, you so that we can both get 100 switch bonus then please send me a PM for a referral link. 9 code available.

Before I send you a referral link, which lasts 90 days, you need to do the following;

1. Open one of our current accounts
    You'll need to open one of our FlexAccount, FlexDirect or FlexPlus current accounts. If you already have a Nationwide current account, you can still be recommended if you switch your main non-Nationwide current account to us. As part of the switch you must transfer at least 2 Direct Debits (standing orders and recurring card payments do not qualify).

2.1. Once your Nationwide account is open, in the menu section, click the Manage; tab and then find Switch my current account and fill out your details. This will then generate you an 18-digit switch code beginning FSW code. You input this code into my referral email, I will send you.

https://imagebin.ca/v/3ygz2nAX8GYA

Note* - You will need your debit card that is attached with your account.

The process is easy thanks to the Current Account Switch Service which takes seven working days. Many providers are signed up to this service. If they aren't, you can still apply manually on our site.

2. Enter your switch code
    Once your switch has started, you will be given an 18 digit switch code beginning FSW. The code is then inputted into the referral form I will send you. If you switched manually and do not have a code, visit our FAQ page.

Note* - Do not close the account for 3 months as we will lose the bonus.

https://imagebin.ca/v/3ygyUlCQBoKj

Any more questions pm me.

Cheers
    Last edited by SamMoneySaver; 17-04-2018 at 2:34 PM. Reason: add images
    Love Saving others Money
    • vernall
    • By vernall 17th Apr 18, 1:32 PM
    • 450 Posts
    • 92 Thanks
    vernall
    Hi everyone,

If you would like me to refer you so that we can both get 100 switch bonus then please send me a PM for a referral.

You need to:
    Switch a current account to Nationwide using their full switching service. This includes closure of your old account.

Thanks guys
    • wizzywig27
    • By wizzywig27 17th Apr 18, 1:54 PM
    • 1,205 Posts
    • 798 Thanks
    wizzywig27
    I have a referral code, if you PM me I can send you the link.

Thanks
    • Dolly Rocker
    • By Dolly Rocker 17th Apr 18, 2:18 PM
    • 3,899 Posts
    • 11,209 Thanks
    Dolly Rocker
    Repost deleted

Don't delete your earlier post and repost

I cannot reinstate your deleted posts
    Originally posted by Browntoa
    Thought the site was going crazy for a while there

Dxxx
    CWP Goal Weight 25lbs/91lbs
    Debt Free Wannabe 3,269.39/6,649.97
    3-6 Month EF, 140/7,000
    5th August 2018 - I have 2 Nationwide Referrals available, PM me if you want 100 to switch accounts
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 17th Apr 18, 2:30 PM
    • 33,410 Posts
    • 39,546 Thanks
    Browntoa
    I have a referral code, if you PM me I can send you the link.

Thanks
    Originally posted by wizzywig27
    I've ok'd this last repost.
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • redditrabbit
    • By redditrabbit 17th Apr 18, 2:50 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    redditrabbit
    Hi everyone,

If you would like me to refer you so that we can both get 100 switch bonus then please send me a PM for a referral.

You need to:

Thanks guys
    • Ste92
    • By Ste92 17th Apr 18, 9:50 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ste92
    Can someone please PM me a referral code? Thanks
    • Curls2208
    • By Curls2208 18th Apr 18, 9:19 AM
    • 50 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    Curls2208
    Hi all,

I was a Nationwide member last year, and got the 100 refereral. Must have been summer 2016. I left after the 5% accounts all expired. Anyway now I'm looking to join again, with the Flex plus account due to the fact it's actually very good.

Does anyone know if it's possible for me to get a new 100 joining bonus (as I no longer have an account with them). It's probably still a little less than a year since I left, but i've no clue on time limits, or if its possible at all.
    • Dolly Rocker
    • By Dolly Rocker 18th Apr 18, 9:27 AM
    • 3,899 Posts
    • 11,209 Thanks
    Dolly Rocker
    Hey Curls2208,

PM sent with a link.

Good luck with it.

Dxxx
    3-6 Month EF, 140/7,000
    5th August 2018 - I have 2 Nationwide Referrals available, PM me if you want 100 to switch accounts
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 18th Apr 18, 9:39 AM
    • 33,410 Posts
    • 39,546 Thanks
    Browntoa
    To save from cluttering up the thread can we please have no more "pm me " requests

You need to send a pm to the person that you want to act as referrer.

I'll remove any "pm me " posts from now on

Thank you
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • blindman
    • By blindman 18th Apr 18, 10:46 AM
    • 5,171 Posts
    • 4,196 Thanks
    blindman
    Hi all,

I was a Nationwide member last year, and got the 100 refereral. Must have been summer 2016. I left after the 5% accounts all expired. Anyway now I'm looking to join again, with the Flex plus account due to the fact it's actually very good.

Does anyone know if it's possible for me to get a new 100 joining bonus (as I no longer have an account with them). It's probably still a little less than a year since I left, but i've no clue on time limits, or if its possible at all.
    Originally posted by Curls2208
    No it's not

it' a one time referral thing.

See their T&C's I quoted in this post
    • SamMoneySaver
    • By SamMoneySaver 18th Apr 18, 12:37 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    SamMoneySaver
    Hi, guys a few questions,

Say you generate a referral link and the person uses someone's else link. Does your link expire after 90 days and goes back into the pool?

@Browntoa, how does a new user know, who to pm that has available referral links?

Cheers

Sam
    Love Saving others Money
    • Dolly Rocker
    • By Dolly Rocker 18th Apr 18, 12:39 PM
    • 3,899 Posts
    • 11,209 Thanks
    Dolly Rocker
    I am sure after 90 days it expires and you would need to provide another link.

Dxxx
    3-6 Month EF, 140/7,000
    • blindman
    • By blindman 18th Apr 18, 12:40 PM
    • 5,171 Posts
    • 4,196 Thanks
    blindman
    Hi, guys a few questions,

Say you generate a referral link and the person uses someone's else link. Does your link expire after 90 days and goes back into the pool?

@Browntoa, how does a new user know, who to pm that has available referral links?

Cheers

Sam
    Originally posted by SamMoneySaver
    it expires.

New user has to look for posts that offered referrals.
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 19th Apr 18, 5:23 AM
    • 13,234 Posts
    • 41,803 Thanks
    sarah1972

Cheers

Sam
    Originally posted by SamMoneySaver
    at one time it used to be that we listed that we had referrals and people used to work down the line but now it just seems like a free for all so basically look though here and pick a user name that you like the sound of that says they have referrals and pm them .

And not put them in their signature to get around the only posting a referral once rule so people will see them which is what you have done .
    Last edited by sarah1972; 19-04-2018 at 5:27 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • roddydogs
    • By roddydogs 19th Apr 18, 7:32 AM
    • 6,023 Posts
    • 2,529 Thanks
    roddydogs
    Better still ban the whole tawdry thread.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,569Posts Today

9,349Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin