Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jraf
    • By jraf 24th Jun 17, 10:39 AM
    • 67Posts
    • 20Thanks
    jraf
    Nationwide Refer a friend and receive 200 new referral procedure
    • 24th Jun 17, 10:39 AM
    Nationwide Refer a friend and receive 200 new referral procedure 24th Jun 17 at 10:39 AM
    Hi everyone,

Since the previous thread is full of posters requesting personal details to be sent over the PM system I thought that this really warrants a new thread.

The much-loved refer a friend incentive at Nationwide has had a had a complete overhaul at Nationwide. You still get 200 - thats 100 for the new customer and 100 for the current customer but the way in which you are referred is completely different. It still works and on existing and new customer who has not been recommended previously. Only available on FlexAccount, FlexDirect or FlexPlus Account. Cash Card and FlexOne account holders are not eligible for this offer.

Full details here http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/landing-page/recommend-a-friend

Terms and conditions http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/service/raf-conditions

You need to:
    Switch a current account to Nationwide using their full switching service. This includes closure of your old account.
    Transfer at least 2 direct debits
    Not close the account for 3 months

Previously, account holders needed to fill in a form with their friend's full name, date of birth and email address. Under the new system, account holders simply need to request a unique referral link at the time of referring to send to the person they wish to recommend. This link will be valid for 90 days for one friend only. Nationwide will generate the link in 1-2 working days. If you want to be referred now, simply PM a Nationwide customer (such as myself) and request a referral link. No personal details are required! I think this will make some people more comfortable being referred by a stranger online. I'm sure we will all learn more about the process as we start using it. I requested my first link yesterday so I'll report back once I've been through the complete procedure.

Please PM me for a unique and valid referral link
    UPDATE (18/3/2018): I have 3 fresh valid referral links ready to go out.

See below for more details:
    http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/landing-page/recommend-a-friend

Last edited by jraf; 18-03-2018 at 6:41 PM.
Page 11
    • Smiley Riley
    • By Smiley Riley 15th Mar 18, 9:57 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Smiley Riley
    Hi everyone,

If you would like me to refer you so that we can both get 100 switch bonus then please send me a PM for a referral.

You need to:
    Switch a current account to Nationwide using their full switching service. This includes closure of your old account.
    Transfer at least 2 direct debits
    Not close the account for 3 months

Cheers
    UPDATE (21/3/2018): I have 5 fresh valid referral links ready to go out.
    Last edited by Smiley Riley; 21-03-2018 at 6:41 PM. Reason: Update
    • darkovo
    • By darkovo 17th Mar 18, 11:00 AM
    • 112 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    darkovo
    edit: 1 referral left
    -----------------------------------------

Hi,
    I'm a long time member here.
    I have 1 remaining recommend a friend link1 to give out.

Message me on this link to my profile:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=10645

All you have to do is switch your current account to a Nationwide FlexAccount, FlexDirect or a FlexPlus account, and transfer at least two Direct Debits as part of the switch.

We'll both get 100 each for a successful switch .

You can also switch a joint account into another joint account.

Many thanks
    Last edited by darkovo; 10-04-2018 at 9:12 PM. Reason: update
    • mic Hael
    • By mic Hael 17th Mar 18, 4:02 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mic Hael
    I can refer up to four people to Nationwide.

I have been a Nationwide member for almost a year; I didn't know anyone else who banked with Nationwide at the time so was grateful to find this forum and the member who agreed to refer me.

I'd be delighted to provide a referral link to someone looking to switch to Nationwide. Just PM me.
    Last edited by mic Hael; 17-03-2018 at 4:21 PM.
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 19th Mar 18, 7:37 AM
    • 33,020 Posts
    • 38,587 Thanks
    Browntoa
    Post with referral split removed , not allowed in this thread
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • roddydogs
    • By roddydogs 19th Mar 18, 8:35 AM
    • 5,986 Posts
    • 2,505 Thanks
    roddydogs
    But it is in the bulb thread?
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 19th Mar 18, 9:06 AM
    • 33,020 Posts
    • 38,587 Thanks
    Browntoa
    It's in the *not in this thread*

I've posted why several times in the thread , myvery first post in the thread explains (post 2)

It could apply to other threads if people start reneging on their split
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • Matt17
    • By Matt17 19th Mar 18, 1:46 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Matt17
    If you want to switch to Nationwide and get some extra free money for doing it you would be most welcome to use my refferal code. Its a great oer, PM me for more details if you are interested as I can't put them in this post.
    Last edited by Matt17; 21-03-2018 at 8:38 PM.
    • BritOnABudget
    • By BritOnABudget 19th Mar 18, 2:10 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 495 Thanks
    BritOnABudget
    Hi everyone,

If you are interested in making 100 I have a referral link, all you need to do is PM me
    House Deposit: 5,015.37
    Make 2018 in 2018 - 1399.45/2018
    Save 7k in 2018 #25
    Emergency Fund - 0/1000 = 90%
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 19th Mar 18, 10:09 PM
    • 2,969 Posts
    • 18,817 Thanks
    mije1983
    I've got a few referral codes if anyone fancies 100 for switching to Nationwide.

See post 1 in this thread for the full details.

An added bonus to the 100 is that the Nationwide account is one of the top picks listed on this site, and also has a 5% interest regular saver available to current account holders.

Just PM me if you need a link

• starM
    • By starM 23rd Mar 18, 8:03 PM
    • 1,353 Posts
    • 179 Thanks
    starM
    Hi.

I can refer up to 10 people. Me and other half has a Nationwide account for number of years now.

See details here - how it works:- https://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/our-current-accounts/recommend-a-friend-tab

Please PM me. I will submit the request to Nationwide. They will normally reply back within 1-2 working days with referral link.

Any questions please ask.

Thanks
    • richardjmcdougall
    • By richardjmcdougall 2nd Apr 18, 11:56 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    richardjmcdougall
    Hi I am happy to refer a friend to Nationwide , 100 for you 100 for me.
    PM for details
    • coldjim
    • By coldjim 3rd Apr 18, 12:53 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    coldjim
    I have 5 referral codes to switch!

If anyone would like too, please get in touch and we will go through it together.

Cheers.
    • Diego Francis
    • By Diego Francis 3rd Apr 18, 10:03 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Diego Francis
    Recommend a Friend
    Quick and simple:

I have four referrel codes to give out.

What you do:

Switch a current account to a Nationwide FlexDirect current account. The current account you switch must have 2 direct debits going out, such as two charity donation direct debits. The current account you switch does not have to be your main go to account. You can open any current account up within seven working days and then switch it once you've set up the direct debits. Can all be done in a week.

When you've started the switching process with Nationwide, you'll get a few emails updating you on your progress.

When you recieve an email with Your Account Switch Reference Number, come back here, PM me that you're ready to be 'referred' and I'll send you a link.

Last step, you fill out the form on that link, remembering to paste in your Switch Reference Number on page one. Complete it and then simply go about your daily life and within th next 30 days you'll have earned 100 for using your wits.

Easy peasy. Sounds too good to be true but it works and isn't dodgy in any way - providing you have a good credit history and can get a FlexDirect account and keep it for 3 months.

If you need any more info, go to Nationwide's website, search Recommend a Friend and read their T's&C's.

Cheers!
    • ZenUK
    • By ZenUK 7th Apr 18, 5:32 PM
    • 285 Posts
    • 721 Thanks
    ZenUK
    Get 100 when you switch your account
    I have some referral links available for switching your current account to Nationwide.

Private message me and I will send you one quickly.

Once you receive the link in my reply, simply click on it then follow the instructions on the Nationwide website. It is quite simple and straightforward.

Once it all goes through Nationwide will send you 100. I will receive the same.

Just a reminder you need to switch your current account to a Nationwide FlexAccount, FlexPlus or FlexDirect account and transfer at least two Direct Debits as part of the switch (standing orders and recurring card payments don't qualify).

Thanks!
    Last edited by ZenUK; 07-04-2018 at 5:42 PM.
    • turtlemoose
    • By turtlemoose 9th Apr 18, 2:09 AM
    • 1,530 Posts
    • 4,446 Thanks
    turtlemoose
    I have been a Nationwide customer for about 10 years now - happy to send referrals, just pm me

thanks
    • I am spartacus
    • By I am spartacus 9th Apr 18, 8:43 AM
    • 94 Posts
    • 91 Thanks
    I am spartacus
    Double Nationwide bank switching incentive, interested?
    With the NatWest switching incentive payment due imminently (13/4/18)
    Im seeking to get my next switching incentive fix

Ive started a new thread as the existing one Ive seen is a different scenario.

The situation is that I currently have a Nationwide savings account, but not a current account with them.
    I am seeking someone who wants to open a Nationwide current account using a recommend a friend link from me (earning us both 100 each), who when their Nationwide account is opened and their switch complete, can then recommend me back as a friend using their own link, I will then open/switch to a Nationwide current account (which will earn us both a further 100 each, making a total of 200 each!)

Obviously this two way you scratch my back, and Ill scratch yours, win/win arrangement will only work once for the both of us.

I am hot to trot so would be looking to link up with someone wishing to proceed with the process straight away.
    If you are interested, please click the username I am Spartacus and select "Send a private message to I am Spartacus" I will get back to you and we can set the wheels rolling.

The main points, once referred you need to-within 90 days:-
    1. Switch a current account to a Nationwide FlexAccount, FlexDirect or a FlexPlus account using their full switching service. (This will close your old account)
    2. Transfer at least 2 direct debits
    3. Not close the account for 3 months
    Further details link :- https://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/our-current-accounts/recommend-a-friend-tab
    (includes frequently asked questions section)

Just to explain, I do not class myself as a carpetbagger, just someone looking to make up some of the low/lost savings interest from the past 10 years!
    I assure you I will not mess you about.

Thank you for reading.
    I am, therefore I think.

• Zandimos
    • By Zandimos 9th Apr 18, 12:58 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    Zandimos
    Hi all,

Got some referrals again to use since the new tax year. Have referred friends and 1 person from here and all gone through without a hitch.

PM me for a link I have them ready to go

If you require any help I am readily available by email.
    • ishrew
    • By ishrew 9th Apr 18, 2:14 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ishrew
    joint switching
    Hi, I can't find anything in the T&Cs about being an existing customer of nationwide and still being elligable to switch. Can someone here help?

My case:
    I've already switched one personal current account to Nationwide sucessfully, using the recommend a friend.
    I now want to switch my natwest joint account to nationwide.
    Myself and my partner are the joint account holders and we are both existing nationwide current account holders (having switched using using the referral.)
    Do I still qualify for a 100 bonus for switching the joint account?
    Is there anything we have to do differently because it's joint?

and finally (a long shot)... to get 200 between us, can my partner refer me, if we hold the same natwest joint account that will be switched? Or is this like refferring yourself?!

Any help appreciated, has anyone done this?
    THANKS!
    • blindman
    • By blindman 9th Apr 18, 2:18 PM
    • 5,138 Posts
    • 4,167 Thanks
    blindman
    Hi, I can't find anything in the T&Cs about being an existing customer of nationwide and still being elligable to switch. Can someone here help?

My case:
    I've already switched one personal current account to Nationwide sucessfully, using the recommend a friend.

You cannot do it again I'm afraid

I now want to switch my natwest joint account to nationwide.
    Myself and my partner are the joint account holders and we are both existing nationwide current account holders (having switched using using the referral.)
    Do I still qualify for a 100 bonus for switching the joint account?

No

Is there anything we have to do differently because it's joint?

and finally (a long shot)... to get 200 between us, can my partner refer me, if we hold the same natwest joint account that will be switched? Or is this like refferring yourself?!

Any help appreciated, has anyone done this?
    THANKS!
    Originally posted by ishrew
    'Fraid not
    Item 11 in the T&C's

If the recommended friend has received a payment under any other Nationwide Recommend a Friend offer, then they are not eligible to receive a payment under this offer.
    Last edited by blindman; 09-04-2018 at 2:25 PM.
    • ishrew
    • By ishrew 9th Apr 18, 2:22 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ishrew
    Doh!
    Thank you for the concise answers!

I would still like to switch anyway. So all our accounts are with 1 bank. If I did so using a referral link just in case, would the switch still take place, but I just wouldn't get the funds?

Thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,343Posts Today

5,534Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin