Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,574Posts
    • 28,529Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 98
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 25th Oct 17, 10:33 AM
    • 35,564 Posts
    • 131,786 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Wore a nice white t-shirt today and within an hour of putting it on I've managed to spill tea down myself. Does Tea stain? I hope not. It's a nice t-shirt.
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    Yes it does.

Get it into a cold water soak straight away, and then hand wash it with a bio powder/liquid, in tepid water.
    Denmark and Senegal
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 25th Oct 17, 10:37 AM
    • 8,574 Posts
    • 28,529 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Yes it does.

Get it into a cold water soak straight away, and then hand wash it with a bio powder/liquid, in tepid water.
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    I would but I'm at work and it's too cold in the office to go topless
    If it stains I wonder if I can claim to cost of a replacement on expenses? It was a work-related tea accident after all.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 25th Oct 17, 10:47 AM
    • 35,564 Posts
    • 131,786 Thanks
    Pyxis
    The solution is simple, carefully open the Dyson's dust bin then suck out the contents with a Henry
    Originally posted by NaughtiusMaximus
    Then get your maid to empty the bag from Henry.

Sorted.

Painting was pretty irritating today! still all is good now...the secret use my big fluffy one! my roller....then irritating bits of solid paint on wall....vert frustrating.
    Originally posted by colinw
    no talk of big fluffy ones, per-leeze!

I would but I'm at work and it's too cold in the office to go topless
    If it stains I wonder if I can claim to cost of a replacement on expenses? It was a work-related tea accident after all.
    Well, you could pour the cold water all over the stain instead.
    But then you might start a wet tea-shirt competition!

Edit..
    Failing that, you could draw around the stain, and pretend it's the latest thing in modern-art t-shirts.
    In fact, you could enter it for the Turner prize!
    Call it t-Ragedy.
    Last edited by Pyxis; 25-10-2017 at 10:50 AM.
    Denmark and Senegal
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 25th Oct 17, 6:29 PM
    • 4,417 Posts
    • 3,936 Thanks
    dekaspace
    One thing really annoyed me today, a few other things were more mild roll eye moments.

Main one, I came out of hospital and knew a bus was due, got there and missed it by a minute as was just pulling out as I got there, knew one was due 20 minutes later and sat at the shelter

Only 5 minutes before it was due a few people arrived and 1 minute before it was due this student girl arrived and when I saw bus I jumped up and was first to the kerb (as I know what people are like), I ended up being FIFTH out of seven people on the bus and having to stand, oh and that girl that arrived one minute before bus arrived took the LAST SEAT!!!

I stressfully sighed as I got on and one of the women who pushed in front quickly said without prompting "oh theres a seat at back, theres a seat at back, go sit there, at the seat at back" I didn't even do anything to prompt that so she must of realised, shame she didn't move despite pushing in and me clearly getting on my my disabled buspass and also having my busspass and disabled railcard in clear view.

And the "seat at the back" was a cramped space next to someone who had loads of shopping whilst the seat she took up was one of those wide ones.

I didn't know to be more annoyed at her or the stereotypical bleached blonde, heavily made up student girl in tatty clothes who arrived 1 minute before the bus was due.(in case people think thats offensive I meant she was vain and intentionally pushing)

The small annoyances today were I got to hospital for my appointment which the doctor in my local hospital told me was meant to be a overnight stay but reception didn't know when I rang but said its not overnight but likely tests that take few hours instead, I was in and out in under 20 minutes and told I have to come back next week to be shown how to use a kit, then bring it back between 8am-10am following day, which means I have to get up 6.30am to get there 8.30-9 just to hand in the device!
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 25th Oct 17, 7:08 PM
    • 12,334 Posts
    • 16,640 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    The number of cyclists I see around here with no hi-vis, no reflectors and little to no lights when it's still dark in the mornings.
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?

I live in the UK City of Culture 2021

I had to put mothballs in my wallet - the moths had learned the PINs to my cards...
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 25th Oct 17, 8:22 PM
    • 35,564 Posts
    • 131,786 Thanks
    Pyxis
    The number of cyclists I see around here with no hi-vis, no reflectors and little to no lights when it's still dark in the mornings.
    Originally posted by MothballsWallet
    Hear hear!
    It's terrifying!

Add to that, jaywalkers at night who are wearing all black.
    PLEASE wear something white at night!
    Denmark and Senegal
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 25th Oct 17, 8:42 PM
    • 2,746 Posts
    • 3,654 Thanks
    ceredigion
    How do you walk on a jay ? Pyxis
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 25th Oct 17, 8:46 PM
    • 35,564 Posts
    • 131,786 Thanks
    Pyxis
    How do you walk on a jay ? Pyxis
    Originally posted by ceredigion
    Firstly, you put your right foot on it, then your left, then you just keep alternating.
    Denmark and Senegal
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 25th Oct 17, 8:51 PM
    • 3,937 Posts
    • 14,597 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    So sad that 'Black is Beautiful' has been hijacked by the racial equality campaigners and is not allowed to be used for anything else

BBC story about black toilet paper
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 80.6
    Total so far - 1833.8
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 25th Oct 17, 10:21 PM
    • 27,872 Posts
    • 15,163 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Originally posted by MothballsWallet
    I hate it when they come speeding towards me on the pavement like itís a race track. Some chav on a bike nearly kicked off at me once. There were people walking towards me which meant I went for the space at the side of them. This meant the cyclist coming towards me had to go on the grass and they werenít happy. I thought what? Do you expect me to walk on the grass so you and your bike can stay on the footpath? I feel Like shouting theres a clue in the name, FOOTpath. That means I have right of way ahead of you.
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 25th Oct 17, 10:51 PM
    • 2,746 Posts
    • 3,654 Thanks
    ceredigion
    I hate it when they come speeding towards me on the pavement like itís a race track. Some chav on a bike nearly kicked off at me once. There were people walking towards me which meant I went for the space at the side of them. This meant the cyclist coming towards me had to go on the grass and they werenít happy. I thought what? Do you expect me to walk on the grass so you and your bike can stay on the footpath? I feel Like shouting theres a clue in the name, FOOTpath. That means I have right of way ahead of you.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie

pedestrians are always right
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 25th Oct 17, 10:59 PM
    • 27,872 Posts
    • 15,163 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    pedestrians are always right
    Originally posted by ceredigion
    Actually what do the rules say? Is a bike lane on a pavement just saying itís ok for bikes or is it saying they have right of way ahead of pedestrians?
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 26th Oct 17, 5:15 AM
    • 35,564 Posts
    • 131,786 Thanks
    Pyxis
    So sad that 'Black is Beautiful' has been hijacked by the racial equality campaigners and is not allowed to be used for anything else

Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    I was once told I shouldn't ask for a black coffee.

Not sure what I should call my avatar now.

Actually what do the rules say? Is a bike lane on a pavement just saying it!!!8217;s ok for bikes or is it saying they have right of way ahead of pedestrians?
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    The signs very clearly said walk on the left, cycle on the right, and the road markings reinforced this.
    A cycle lane is just that.....for cycles! Just as a bus lane is for buses!

Supposing the cyclist had been in the walk lane? Would your question have been - is it just ok to walk, or is it saying walkers have right of way over cyclists?
    Suppose the cyclist had been in the walk lane? All hell would have been let loose.

I thought that guy did really well with the approach he took!
    Last edited by Pyxis; 26-10-2017 at 5:18 AM.
    Denmark and Senegal
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 26th Oct 17, 9:53 AM
    • 746 Posts
    • 1,758 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus

Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    I've only ever heard that phrase used in the context of race, it's the Brazilian bogroll manufacturers who've hijacked it. If a company came up with an advertising campaign which used the the phrase 'no means no' as a slogan it would rightly annoy a lot of people, this is the same principle.
    • Flick216
    • By Flick216 26th Oct 17, 11:21 AM
    • 8,059 Posts
    • 32,658 Thanks
    Flick216
    I won't get my endowment money until next week at the earliest - which means I have had to order my new furniture on 0% interest free credit - which I probably won't get because the IVA is on my record until March 18 which means I will miss out on before xmas delivery and the half price sale.............aaaaaaaand breathe......
    ENFP - Assertive
    Officially in a clique of idiots

Smoke me a kipper; I'll be back for breakfast

Australia & Spain
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 26th Oct 17, 11:35 AM
    • 14,048 Posts
    • 54,652 Thanks
    joansgirl
    I won't get my endowment money until next week at the earliest - which means I have had to order my new furniture on 0% interest free credit - which I probably won't get because the IVA is on my record until March 18 which means I will miss out on before xmas delivery and the half price sale.............aaaaaaaand breathe......
    Originally posted by Flick216
    Booger Flick
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...

Finito

Brazil and Serbia
    • V2-Schneider
    • By V2-Schneider 26th Oct 17, 12:32 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 141 Thanks
    V2-Schneider
    I'm currently on half term and, frustratingly, won't be getting paid until next Tuesday - at which point I would have started work again. This makes for a very thrifty and dull half term. In a way this is nice because I'm exploring already-read books and the library for cost-effective entertainment - but one can't lie still reading all day, can they?
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 26th Oct 17, 12:41 PM
    • 8,574 Posts
    • 28,529 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Why have half of the posts on this page been deleted?
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 26th Oct 17, 12:42 PM
    • 746 Posts
    • 1,758 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    Why have half of the posts on this page been deleted?
    • Sad. Sack
    • By Sad. Sack 26th Oct 17, 12:44 PM
    • 255 Posts
    • 196 Thanks
    Sad. Sack
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,000Posts Today

7,971Users online

Martin's Twitter