Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,576Posts
    • 28,532Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 95
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 19th Oct 17, 5:22 PM
    • 8,576 Posts
    • 28,532 Thanks
    fairy lights
    One of my colleagues (not Latey McLateface, another one) has been off for two days with a 'viral infection' which is pretty coincidental, because the day before the virus rendered him unable to work was his birthday, and he was last spotted enjoying 'a few' drinks...
    • Susie Richards
    • By Susie Richards 19th Oct 17, 5:40 PM
    • 556 Posts
    • 839 Thanks
    Susie Richards
    One of my colleagues (not Latey McLateface, another one) has been off for two days with a 'viral infection' which is pretty coincidental, because the day before the virus rendered him unable to work was his birthday, and he was last spotted enjoying 'a few' drinks...
    Originally posted by fairy lights

Maybe he caught it from a dirty glass?
    • colinw
    • By colinw 19th Oct 17, 6:07 PM
    • 52,025 Posts
    • 144,063 Thanks
    colinw
    Maybe he caught it from a dirty glass?
    Originally posted by Susie Richards
    Or a dirty toilet seat
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 19th Oct 17, 6:10 PM
    • 35,595 Posts
    • 131,962 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    I think you should get another job.

You seem to be working with a right shower!
    Denmark and Senegal
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • AElene
    • By AElene 19th Oct 17, 6:20 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 364 Thanks
    AElene
    People often get caught out on social media, when they throw a sickie after having been out partying, especially if they uploaded the photos onto Facebook.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 19th Oct 17, 6:40 PM
    • 27,877 Posts
    • 15,168 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    I just end up guessing almost and waiting for other people to cross
    Originally posted by colinw
    You can just about see the lights for the traffic and they are still straight ahead of us the pedestrians even if pointing in the traffics direction, I just watch for them to turn red to know when to cross.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 19th Oct 17, 6:42 PM
    • 27,877 Posts
    • 15,168 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    People who park in the bus stop when our bus is due.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 19th Oct 17, 6:47 PM
    • 27,877 Posts
    • 15,168 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Went into Iceland today to buy two things. Two tils were open I went to one who then proceeded to close which meant I had to queue at the only til open behind someone buying half the shop. Two minutes later they opened a second til again and the people behind me rushed to it. I was not amused. Why close a til and only leave one open knowing a queue will build and then end up reopening it two minutes later. I fealt Like asking, are you taking the p***.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 19th Oct 17, 8:31 PM
    • 7,709 Posts
    • 13,910 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Went into Iceland today to buy two things. Two tils were open I went to one who then proceeded to close which meant I had to queue at the only til open behind someone buying half the shop. Two minutes later they opened a second til again and the people behind me rushed to it. I was not amused. Why close a til and only leave one open knowing a queue will build and then end up reopening it two minutes later. I fealt Like asking, are you taking the p***.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    The Iceland near me only has one till open most of the time. Usually, there is a Vicki Pollard type mother of four kids clogs the checkout buying crap like chicken nuggets, pizzas, a ton of chips etc - never brings her own bags
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 19th Oct 17, 9:16 PM
    • 4,430 Posts
    • 3,958 Thanks
    dekaspace
    More noise from the "little darlings" upstairs, 15 minutes ago I heard a lot of adult activity and from then constant kids noise stomping back and forth.

Had a terrible nights sleep last night and wanted a early night as up at 7.30am for another job trial but at this rate knowing past noise they can be noisy to around 10.30pm so I have to put up with their lack of care.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 19th Oct 17, 11:45 PM
    • 27,877 Posts
    • 15,168 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    The Iceland near me only has one till open most of the time. Usually, there is a Vicki Pollard type mother of four kids clogs the checkout buying crap like chicken nuggets, pizzas, a ton of chips etc - never brings her own bags
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    The most annoying thing was they closed a til, moved me to the other and then reopened the til they moved me from.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 20th Oct 17, 6:57 AM
    • 7,709 Posts
    • 13,910 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    The most annoying thing was they closed a til, moved me to the other and then reopened the til they moved me from.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    I would raised my voice "I was in that till's queue before you stupidly closed it 2 mins ago"
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 20th Oct 17, 9:59 AM
    • 1,540 Posts
    • 4,459 Thanks
    Izadora
    Waterstones, again.
    Having cancelled my order yesterday, I got an email this morning to tell me that it's been dispatched...

On the plus side, I managed to get the book for the same as their pre-order price by picking it up at a supermarket on my way home.
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 20th Oct 17, 10:41 AM
    • 745 Posts
    • 1,758 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    People often get caught out on social media, when they throw a sickie after having been out partying, especially if they uploaded the photos onto Facebook.
    Originally posted by AElene
    Pre-internet an ex of mine decided to pull a sickie one day and spent the afternoon in a pub in the same street as the shop she worked in, inevitably her boss spotted her on the way out of the pub.

She wasn't the brightest of people
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 20th Oct 17, 11:04 AM
    • 7,709 Posts
    • 13,910 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Pre-internet an ex of mine decided to pull a sickie one day and spent the afternoon in a pub in the same street as the shop she worked in, inevitably her boss spotted her on the way out of the pub.

Originally posted by NaughtiusMaximus
    One of my former employers, we got paid final Thursday of the month. A colleague, of the same brightness as your ex, phoned in sick the following day after getting paid. Did this every other month as we had three week shift patterns. She had her P45 issued when the manager had a list of dates of the day after pay day and noticed a pattern
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 20th Oct 17, 11:39 AM
    • 35,595 Posts
    • 131,962 Thanks
    Pyxis

Originally posted by NaughtiusMaximus
    One of my former employers, we got paid final Thursday of the month. A colleague, of the same brightness as your ex, phoned in sick the following day after getting paid. Did this every other month as we had three week shift patterns. She had her P45 issued when the manager had a list of dates of the day after pay day and noticed a pattern
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    Wasn't there someone who pulled a sickie and went to a football match (possibly abroad?) but was caught when his boss, watching the match on TV, spotted him in the crowd.
    Denmark and Senegal
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 20th Oct 17, 1:14 PM
    • 7,709 Posts
    • 13,910 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Wasn't there someone who pulled a sickie and went to a football match (possibly abroad?) but was caught when his boss, watching the match on TV, spotted him in the crowd.
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    Think so I think it was a Man U Champions League match?

Another bad thing to pull a sickie is when you try to book a certain day off but you can't. The day in question is finally here and you ring in 'sick'. There are always colleagues that remember you tried to get today off. Yet made no effort to get another colleague to swap shifts
    • colinw
    • By colinw 20th Oct 17, 3:44 PM
    • 52,025 Posts
    • 144,063 Thanks
    colinw
    Trump tweeting about UK crime figures...surely this clown has enough problems in his own Country to deal with? how many people are killed everyday in gun crime there?

• AElene
    • By AElene 20th Oct 17, 6:36 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 364 Thanks
    AElene
    Does he know for sure that the 13% rise in crime is linked to Islamic terrorism or is he just tweeting whatever comes into his head.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 20th Oct 17, 6:57 PM
    • 35,595 Posts
    • 131,962 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Does he know for sure that the 13% rise in crime is linked to Islamic terrorism or is he just tweeting whatever comes into his head.
    Originally posted by AElene
    Oh, I can't imagine he would tweet something without verifying all the facts first!
    Denmark and Senegal
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,195Posts Today

8,253Users online

Martin's Twitter