Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,578Posts
    • 28,541Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 93
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 15th Oct 17, 9:20 AM
    • 35,721 Posts
    • 132,452 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Oh dear

She does cause you alot trouble and expence!

Maybe get a little Yorkshire Terrier next time?
    Originally posted by Susie Richards
    Well, they can be demons!

Tripping up joggers, attacking bikes, and generally going for the throats of any visitors.

I'm sure they are direct descendants of T-Rexes.
    Only smaller.
    Denmark and Senegal
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 15th Oct 17, 10:09 AM
    • 8,578 Posts
    • 28,541 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Blummin' ruddy 'orrible dog of mine

Regular readers will know I have to muzzle her when she's off the lead because she's a walking dustbin and will eat virtually anything. This morning we were in a field, nobody else about. She was off the lead and muzzled but she kept asking for the ball. So, I took the muzzle off and let her have the ball.........I should know better.

She brought the ball back 3 times but on the fourth go she dumped it, ran across the field 200 yards and pulled the contents of a bin out then scoffed the remnants of some kind of burger in a bun

Well, that was her one and only chance and she blew it. Never again.
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    I would suggest trading her in for a cat, but seeing as one of mine shredded a bin bag to retrieve a stale pitta bread this morning, maybe not. I hear stick insects make good pets.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 15th Oct 17, 6:16 PM
    • 27,914 Posts
    • 15,200 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    I can guarantee being stuck behind someone slow if I am in a rush. Some people act kind they have all day.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    That should be like not kind lol. The joys of the iPad keypad. Only just noticed it did that.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 15th Oct 17, 9:23 PM
    • 35,721 Posts
    • 132,452 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I would suggest trading her in for a cat, but seeing as one of mine shredded a bin bag to retrieve a stale pitta bread this morning, maybe not. I hear stick insects make good pets.
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    Stick insects have lots of babies which escape and get in your butter dish.

I speak from personal experience.

The good news is that they are very clean, as they just make sweet-smelling compost, so you just pick the babies out of the butter, and carry on spreading it on your toast.

Minus the stick insects.
    Denmark and Senegal
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• dontone
    • By dontone 15th Oct 17, 10:25 PM
    • 4,132 Posts
    • 12,970 Thanks
    dontone
    Blummin' ruddy 'orrible dog of mine

Regular readers will know I have to muzzle her when she's off the lead because she's a walking dustbin and will eat virtually anything. This morning we were in a field, nobody else about. She was off the lead and muzzled but she kept asking for the ball. So, I took the muzzle off and let her have the ball.........I should know better.

She brought the ball back 3 times but on the fourth go she dumped it, ran across the field 200 yards and pulled the contents of a bin out then scoffed the remnants of some kind of burger in a bun

Well, that was her one and only chance and she blew it. Never again.
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    She isn't a roller is she?
    'Cos today's 'Dontone's Irritation' is a shout out to the s*ddin' cat who must have had a heavy night on the beer last night, and decided to deposit the remains of the heavy sesh on our lawn. Cue the Basset Hound rejoicing in this opportunity to cover himself in said 'eau de parfum' and run into the house. He was going to have a bath anyway, but this just hastened the process. Cat poop smells..........bad!!!! And once you get the whiff up your nose, it takes ages to go.
    That, and I've had a migraine, big fat MEH!! to today.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin'
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 16th Oct 17, 1:35 AM
    • 27,914 Posts
    • 15,200 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Forgot your password links being so close to the password box. Its so easy to accidentally click on it. I did when logging in here.
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 16th Oct 17, 12:17 PM
    • 8,578 Posts
    • 28,541 Thanks
    fairy lights
    The mind-boggling stupidity of some anti-vaccers.
    The fact that we're still vaccinating against the same diseases we were vaccinating against 20 years ago is proof they don't work apparently, otherwise they would have been wiped out and we wouldn't need to vaccinate against them any more.
    It's all a big conspiracy to inject mercury in to our brains because...erm...well, they never manage to come up with reasons but the government and big pharma are definitely out to get us.
    • Susie Richards
    • By Susie Richards 16th Oct 17, 1:18 PM
    • 556 Posts
    • 839 Thanks
    Susie Richards
    It's all a big conspiracy to inject mercury in to our brains because...erm...well, they never manage to come up with reasons but the government and big pharma are definitely out to get us.
    I'm with you 100%.

That's why i wear this:

They aren't gonna get me
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 16th Oct 17, 4:17 PM
    • 4,447 Posts
    • 3,984 Thanks
    dekaspace
    Its the October holiday so that means woken at 6am by neighbours kids above me, them running about on their laminate floor which is against social housing rules, kids slamming doors and dropping toys for hours each day.

Even when they go out or come back in you hear the parents laugh and encourage their kids to be noisy and kids scream and run up then hear them running indoors.

To be fair thats about the only issue I have with them but its such severe noise when there is it.
    • cjdavies
    • By cjdavies 16th Oct 17, 9:09 PM
    • 3,366 Posts
    • 3,594 Thanks
    cjdavies
    Now TV, catchup for new series for Supergirl put on now, no subtitles, so it's cancel entertainment pass and hello Kodi.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 17th Oct 17, 1:06 AM
    • 27,914 Posts
    • 15,200 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Caught up on a tv show, an hour to catch a killer. Now I am angry. Burn in hell murdering scumbag.
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 17th Oct 17, 6:32 AM
    • 8,578 Posts
    • 28,541 Thanks
    fairy lights
    I'm with you 100%.

That's why i wear this:

They aren't gonna get me
    Originally posted by Susie Richards
    For gods sake Susie put on your protective goggles, before the propoganda beams penetrate your retinas
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 17th Oct 17, 10:59 AM
    • 8,578 Posts
    • 28,541 Thanks
    fairy lights
    I'm not saying that Latey Mclateface deserves to be pushed down a flight of stairs, I'm not saying that at all.
    • Susie Richards
    • By Susie Richards 17th Oct 17, 11:05 AM
    • 556 Posts
    • 839 Thanks
    Susie Richards
    I'm not saying that Latey Mclateface deserves to be pushed down a flight of stairs, I'm not saying that at all.

How about kicked?

• Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 17th Oct 17, 11:55 AM
    • 3,998 Posts
    • 14,732 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Trying to find the perforations on the roll of poo bags in the dark while trying to hold on to a wandering dog at the same time as keeping an eye on the spot that he pooped on
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 81.7
    Total so far - 1915.5
    • dontone
    • By dontone 17th Oct 17, 3:36 PM
    • 4,132 Posts
    • 12,970 Thanks
    dontone
    Today's 'Dontone Irritations'

Was queuing in Primark this morning, and I was next in line, when an old fella behind me poked me in the shoulder and said 'no. 4 is free'
    Where I was stood had a few folk blocking the cashiers little space, so I didn't see the person who had been served before move away. The lady didn't even have chance to press the buzzer to tell me, and I have this impatient s*d poking me telling me she was finished.
    I hope you read this, and I hope the said finger suffers an extremely painful paper cut - so there!!!
    Also, you can't move in the shops for Halloween/Trick or Treat tat. It's an American custom that has no place here. Especially when, 364 days of the year, paranoid parents tell their little darlings not to accept sweeties from strangers. What's so different about October 31st?
    And finally Ebay. They have done some changes, and decided to make the 'unsold' page 'easier to use' I'm trying to revert it back, but have no luck. Some of us were more than happy clicking a button that did relisting in bulk - why has that been replaced by a 'delete' icon? Why would we want to delete things? And don't get me started on the Seller Hub they want us to us. Neither use nor ornament. I can't be the only one not happy with it. JUST LEAVE THINGS ALONE!!!!
    That is all, carry on.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

• Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 17th Oct 17, 4:19 PM
    • 35,721 Posts
    • 132,452 Thanks
    Pyxis

Was queuing in Primark this morning, and I was next in line, when an old fella behind me poked me in the shoulder and said 'no. 4 is free'
    Where I was stood had a few folk blocking the cashiers little space, so I didn't see the person who had been served before move away. The lady didn't even have chance to press the buzzer to tell me, and I have this impatient s*d poking me telling me she was finished.
    I hope you read this, and I hope the said finger suffers an extremely painful paper cut - so there!!!
    Originally posted by dontone
    That's on a par with waiting at lights, and have someone behind you toot when, yes, you have seen the lights have changed but you're actually in the process of putting the gearstick into first and letting off the handbrake.
    Just because I don't ride the clutch or rev the accelerator while I'm waiting doesn't mean I'm not keeping an eye on the lights.

Apologies to you, hooter person, for making you wait an extra nano second, not.

It's so rude.

(It's different if it becomes obvious someone hasn't seen a green light - especially when it's a filter left, etc. - due to a much longer length of time passing).
    Denmark and Senegal
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 17th Oct 17, 4:32 PM
    • 7,721 Posts
    • 13,925 Thanks
    ScarletMarble

Also, you can't move in the shops for Halloween/Trick or Treat tat. It's an American custom that has no place here. Especially when, 364 days of the year, paranoid parents tell their little darlings not to accept sweeties from strangers. What's so different about October 31st?
    Totally agree with you here! On the Halloweens, I don't work, I have never answered the door. I switch off the doorbell on the circuit board. Yes the amount of tat is ridiculous. When I was a child, shops only had witches hats, hooked noses, vampire teeth, warty fingers, fake blood and face paints.

I'm not keen on the phrase Happy Halloween as its not a happy occasion. Don't understand why teenagers throw eggs at houses, cars. Many shops including mine as we sell a small range of food not to sell eggs and flour to anyone under 18 normally for a fortnight around Halloween and bonfire night. It's a disgusting experience to remove dried on eggy flour mess

Though the following day, I pop into Sainsburys to get half price sweets and cakes. The former are generally in a Halloween themed outer packaging but actual sweets are wrapped in normal design packaging
    • dontone
    • By dontone 17th Oct 17, 4:40 PM
    • 4,132 Posts
    • 12,970 Thanks
    dontone
    Totally agree with you here! On the Halloweens, I don't work, I have never answered the door. I switch off the doorbell on the circuit board. Yes the amount of tat is ridiculous. When I was a child, shops only had witches hats, hooked noses, vampire teeth, warty fingers, fake blood and face paints.

I'm not keen on the phrase Happy Halloween as its not a happy occasion. Don't understand why teenagers throw eggs at houses, cars. Many shops including mine as we sell a small range of food not to sell eggs and flour to anyone under 18 normally for a fortnight around Halloween and bonfire night. It's a disgusting experience to remove dried on eggy flour mess

Though the following day, I pop into Sainsburys to get half price sweets and cakes. The former are generally in a Halloween themed outer packaging but actual sweets are wrapped in normal design packaging
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble

Your first paragraph is true. We had a school disco, and all the kids wore a daft cardboard witches hat. The Mam's liked it 'cos they could sit in a huddle (or coven, depending on who's Mam turned up lol ) and have a chin wag while we 'danced'
    Dunno where you are, but we have a sort of annoying tradition called 'mischevious night' where teenagers throw eggs at your windows. The shops are asked by the police not to sell stuff like that on that day, but kids get them anyway.
    One year a kid on a bike bombarded our house with rubbish. We are still waiting for the police to turn up 4 years later. It was horrendous.
    That time of year, Halloween, & Bonfire Night gets right on my nerves. I think it's a tremendous rip off.

• ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 17th Oct 17, 6:04 PM
    • 7,721 Posts
    • 13,925 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Dunno where you are, but we have a sort of annoying tradition called 'mischevious night' where teenagers throw eggs at your windows. The shops are asked by the police not to sell stuff like that on that day, but kids get them anyway.
    Not a big deal around here, but still refuse sell of eggs to under 18s just in case, they decide to start it one year.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,201Posts Today

8,317Users online

Martin's Twitter