Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,580Posts
    • 28,547Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 92
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 12th Oct 17, 7:15 PM
    • 36,693 Posts
    • 135,706 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Yes a remoaner and proud of it it is more that buffoon that annoys me though
    Originally posted by colinw
    Yes, the lies, lies and more lies. I hate lies.

More than that, I hate hypocrites, and he is one so very big hypocrite.
    Hypocrites, Hot-air bags, and Honey-monsters * - what a beautiful world we live in.
    Not.

Plus I burnt my chips.

(* Translation: The B, Kim thing, Trump)

And I was in such a good mood earlier today.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    • Chris25
    • By Chris25 13th Oct 17, 3:37 PM
    • 12,776 Posts
    • 12,609 Thanks
    Chris25
    I'm starting to get really hacked off with various companies which send a second email a short time after the first, stating "oops, we messed up".

No you didn't! You're just sending the second one to try to get more attention without it seeming that you're sending out too much mail!!
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 13th Oct 17, 3:39 PM
    • 1,541 Posts
    • 4,467 Thanks
    Izadora
    No you didn't! You're just sending the second one to try to get more attention without it seeming that you're sending out too much mail!!
    Originally posted by Chris25
    I'm irritated by the fact that I'm so stupid that I hadn't realised that's what they're doing
    • Chris25
    • By Chris25 13th Oct 17, 3:44 PM
    • 12,776 Posts
    • 12,609 Thanks
    Chris25
    I'm irritated by the fact that I'm so stupid that I hadn't realised that's what they're doing
    Originally posted by Izadora

maybe it's me being cynical
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 13th Oct 17, 3:50 PM
    • 8,580 Posts
    • 28,547 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Work twazzocks being all twazzocky.
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 13th Oct 17, 8:51 PM
    • 4,199 Posts
    • 15,295 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    I got 2 emails today from people on fb that I don't know wishing me (by my full name) a happy birthday.
    1 - it's not my birthday
    2 - I am not on fb
    3 - I don't know anyone that is on fb
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 78.9
    Total so far - 2238.2
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 14th Oct 17, 8:35 AM
    • 14,209 Posts
    • 55,286 Thanks
    joansgirl
    People and their ruddy dog treats
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 14th Oct 17, 12:09 PM
    • 8,580 Posts
    • 28,547 Thanks
    fairy lights
    The weather. It's not just warm it's DISGUSTINGLY warm. If we were in a victorian novel there would be a cholera outbreak.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 14th Oct 17, 12:27 PM
    • 7,773 Posts
    • 13,991 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    My online banking with Santander keeps crashing everytime I do a transaction. I have to close the window and reopen a new one to log in again.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 14th Oct 17, 5:18 PM
    • 52,518 Posts
    • 145,528 Thanks
    colinw
    I was stuck behind the slowest packer ever in Sainsbury!!!8217;s today, it was like watching someone playing Tetris with th3 shopping meticulously fitting the shopping into the bags,
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 14th Oct 17, 5:32 PM
    • 12,378 Posts
    • 16,721 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    Did a volunteering gig the other week through work where we were painting, which was good - the irritation is that although I wore older clothes, I don't know how to get the gloss paint off the fabric

I've tried detergent + stain remover powder and it hasn't done much

Non-drip gloss my arris...
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?

I live in the UK City of Culture 2021

I had to put mothballs in my wallet - the moths had learned the PINs to my cards...
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 14th Oct 17, 7:59 PM
    • 8,580 Posts
    • 28,547 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Did a volunteering gig the other week through work where we were painting, which was good - the irritation is that although I wore older clothes, I don't know how to get the gloss paint off the fabric

I've tried detergent + stain remover powder and it hasn't done much

Non-drip gloss my arris...
    Originally posted by MothballsWallet
    What fabric are the clothes? If they're natural fibres you could try to dissolve it off with nail polish remover.
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 14th Oct 17, 8:24 PM
    • 4,199 Posts
    • 15,295 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    People and their ruddy dog treats
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    This
    I hate it when people say that my dog is skinny and try to give him a treat out of their pocket.

NO he is not skinny, your dog is FAT because you give it too many treats and don't exercise it enough
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 78.9
    Total so far - 2238.2
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 14th Oct 17, 9:08 PM
    • 2,780 Posts
    • 3,727 Thanks
    ceredigion
    Todays irritant been to the theatre, a nice little theatre to see a play performed by top end actors. This is a moderately series play , no children in the audience , moderately expensive seats , clean tidy and comfortable. So all is good apart from the inconsiderate person 2 rows back from me rattling his sweet packet. Why cant adults sit still for 60 mins at a time without feeling the need to stuff their face.
    • dontone
    • By dontone 14th Oct 17, 10:03 PM
    • 4,160 Posts
    • 13,256 Thanks
    dontone
    Today's 'Dontone irritations'

Been to the football today, it was a good match, but some of the regulars weren't there, so a few of the not so regs turned up.
    One of the was telling one of the player how rubbish he was - until someone pointed out that he had the wrong player.
    Then someone decided to sit in the vacant seat in front of us, and was up and down like a yo-yo. One of those really hyper-active men who can't keep still.
    On the way home, I was walking behind a bloke and some kids, and caught up. The bloke saw me and went to the kids... 'Let, er, this pass'
    To which I said 'it's okay' and crossed the road.
    Then I could hear the brats...er.....kids whispering really loudly.. 'Is it a she??' Things along those lines.
    Contrary to popular belief (and the last time I looked) I am a woman, full on 100%. I might look a bit like a tom-boy, - and I had my football shirt on - but for some reason, that hurt . I wanted to say something, but I would have gone into a full on rage - the last couple of days haven't been kind - so kept me mouth shut.
    I seem to have dropped on a few pig ignorant folk.
    Never mind.
    Carry on.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin'
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 15th Oct 17, 1:23 AM
    • 27,998 Posts
    • 15,262 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    I was stuck behind the slowest packer ever in Sainsbury’s today, it was like watching someone playing Tetris with th3 shopping meticulously fitting the shopping into the bags,
    Originally posted by colinw
    I can guarantee being stuck behind someone slow if I am in a rush. Some people act kind they have all day.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 15th Oct 17, 1:25 AM
    • 27,998 Posts
    • 15,262 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Tried to update my kodi build only for it to fail to appear. I can’t just keep trying either coz they limit us to 5 downloads in 10 days.
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 15th Oct 17, 8:32 AM
    • 14,209 Posts
    • 55,286 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Blummin' ruddy 'orrible dog of mine

Regular readers will know I have to muzzle her when she's off the lead because she's a walking dustbin and will eat virtually anything. This morning we were in a field, nobody else about. She was off the lead and muzzled but she kept asking for the ball. So, I took the muzzle off and let her have the ball.........I should know better.

She brought the ball back 3 times but on the fourth go she dumped it, ran across the field 200 yards and pulled the contents of a bin out then scoffed the remnants of some kind of burger in a bun

Well, that was her one and only chance and she blew it. Never again.
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 15th Oct 17, 8:35 AM
    • 14,209 Posts
    • 55,286 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Today's 'Dontone irritations'

On the way home, I was walking behind a bloke and some kids, and caught up. The bloke saw me and went to the kids... 'Let, er, this pass'
    To which I said 'it's okay' and crossed the road.
    Then I could hear the brats...er.....kids whispering really loudly.. 'Is it a she??' Things along those lines.
    Contrary to popular belief (and the last time I looked) I am a woman, full on 100%. I might look a bit like a tom-boy, - and I had my football shirt on - but for some reason, that hurt . I wanted to say something, but I would have gone into a full on rage - the last couple of days haven't been kind - so kept me mouth shut.
    I seem to have dropped on a few pig ignorant folk.
    Never mind.
    Carry on.
    Originally posted by dontone
    I don't know what to say to that. I don't know what's the matter with some people. And they're allowed to reproduce as well
    • Susie Richards
    • By Susie Richards 15th Oct 17, 8:48 AM
    • 556 Posts
    • 839 Thanks
    Susie Richards
    Blummin' ruddy 'orrible dog of mine

Regular readers will know I have to muzzle her when she's off the lead because she's a walking dustbin and will eat virtually anything. This morning we were in a field, nobody else about. She was off the lead and muzzled but she kept asking for the ball. So, I took the muzzle off and let her have the ball.........I should know better.

She brought the ball back 3 times but on the fourth go she dumped it, ran across the field 200 yards and pulled the contents of a bin out then scoffed the remnants of some kind of burger in a bun

Well, that was her one and only chance and she blew it. Never again.
    Originally posted by joansgirl

Oh dear

She does cause you alot trouble and expence!

Maybe get a little Yorkshire Terrier next time?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,127Posts Today

7,872Users online

Martin's Twitter