Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,580Posts
    • 28,547Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 81
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 26th Sep 17, 6:44 PM
    • 14,209 Posts
    • 55,292 Thanks
    joansgirl
    What do they think is going to happen to these bags of excrement which are (I am assuming?) hanging from various random trees? Will a council worker come along and dispose of the poop correctly?
    Originally posted by avogadro
    Well, these irresponsible people don't think at all. Eventually the bio degradable bags bio degrade and the poop falls out on to the ground, thus completely defeating the point of picking it up in the first place
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
    • hunters
    • By hunters 26th Sep 17, 7:13 PM
    • 755 Posts
    • 2,122 Thanks
    hunters
    36" That is a long leg! I am a mere 29"
    Originally posted by colinw
    I once had to measure Ronnie Corbettís inside leg, it was shorter
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 26th Sep 17, 11:46 PM
    • 27,998 Posts
    • 15,263 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    I am 6ft+ and stick thin, and still nothing fits. You try and get
    trousers at 36" inside leg, 32" waist
    Originally posted by ceredigion
    I have found there is usually 3 or 4 choices of leg length with each waist size. The problem for me is they donít go lower than 29inches inside leg and sometimes not even that short. I can just about get away with the 29inch but really could do with 28 or 27. With clothes on my top half to fit round my gut I end up getting things where the arms are a touch too long. I know, lose weight then but the point is there are people of all sorts of shapes and sizes.
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 27th Sep 17, 12:05 AM
    • 7,737 Posts
    • 17,142 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    36" That is a long leg! I am a mere 29"
    Lol - I'm a 32" leg!!
    Should have joined Borrowmydoggy.com
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 27th Sep 17, 12:06 AM
    • 36,704 Posts
    • 135,770 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Lol - I'm a 32" leg!!
    Originally posted by OldMotherTucker
    Ah, but you're a woman, so yours go up to your armpits!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    • colinw
    • By colinw 27th Sep 17, 9:06 AM
    • 52,523 Posts
    • 145,559 Thanks
    colinw
    The utter tripe that passes for news on the internet these days, usually the latest inane muttering of someone like Piers Morgan which has left people feeling "outrages", "shocked", "astounded" etc. etc. and of course people like him feed it as any attention is good to those people.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 27th Sep 17, 9:18 AM
    • 36,704 Posts
    • 135,770 Thanks
    Pyxis
    My bally internet connection!

It's driving mad, mad, mad!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 27th Sep 17, 10:12 AM
    • 8,580 Posts
    • 28,547 Thanks
    fairy lights
    I had a dream of an adult nature about one of my work colleagues and now I can hardly bring myself to meet his eye over the desk partition.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 27th Sep 17, 10:13 AM
    • 52,523 Posts
    • 145,559 Thanks
    colinw
    I had a dream of an adult nature about one of my work colleagues and now I can hardly bring myself to meet his eye over the desk partition.
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    Not McLateyDreamMan
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 27th Sep 17, 10:16 AM
    • 8,580 Posts
    • 28,547 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Not McLateyDreamMan
    Oh heavens no! If it had been him I would have had to resign and leave the country.
    No, it was a colleague who most closely resembles Moss from the IT crowd. If I told him I think he would literally burst in to flames from embarrassment
    • colinw
    • By colinw 27th Sep 17, 10:17 AM
    • 52,523 Posts
    • 145,559 Thanks
    colinw
    Oh heavens no! If it had been him I would have had to resign and leave the country.
    No, it was a colleague who most closely resembles Moss from the IT crowd. If I told him I think he would literally burst in to flames from embarrassment
    Good Lord
    • Susie Richards
    • By Susie Richards 27th Sep 17, 10:21 AM
    • 556 Posts
    • 839 Thanks
    Susie Richards

Moss Man

• Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 27th Sep 17, 11:43 AM
    • 4,201 Posts
    • 15,297 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    I was across in the park with my dog yesterday just as the kids football training was starting, maybe about 30 boys under 8yo and a handfull of parents as well as the guys giving the training.
    Hardly an irritant you might think until fast forward to this morning and a visit to the same park now strewn with plastic drinks bottles, coffee cups and other general rubbish including a huge empty pizza box all in the same area as the training was yesterday.

Tell me again how bad a dog poo bag hanging in the branches of a tree is, at least that will rot down and feed the soil below in about 6 months.
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 78.9
    Total so far - 2238.2
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 27th Sep 17, 12:00 PM
    • 36,704 Posts
    • 135,770 Thanks
    Pyxis
    You never know...... he might have had the same dream!

Not McLateyDreamMan

He would have 'arrived' late!
    Last edited by Pyxis; 27-09-2017 at 12:02 PM.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• colinw
    • By colinw 27th Sep 17, 12:25 PM
    • 52,523 Posts
    • 145,559 Thanks
    colinw

Originally posted by Pyxis
    and wearing a jumper probably
    • colinw
    • By colinw 27th Sep 17, 12:57 PM
    • 52,523 Posts
    • 145,559 Thanks
    colinw

Maybe he misheard and wore a French Sweater
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 27th Sep 17, 1:52 PM
    • 800 Posts
    • 1,922 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    Retailers not catering for short and/or overweight people when it comes to clothing. Not everyone is 6ft+ and stick thin. They seem to think so.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    As others have alluded to, it's more the fact retailers don't cater to those outside what they consider to be a 'normal' size range generally.

I have a 36" inside leg which massively limits the range of trousers I can buy, supermarket brands for instance are a dead loss. A bigger problem is long sleeved shirts, I invariably have to buy shirts which are too big around the chest if I want sleeves that cover my wrist.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 27th Sep 17, 2:08 PM
    • 36,704 Posts
    • 135,770 Thanks
    Pyxis
    As others have alluded to, it's more the fact retailers don't cater to those outside what they consider to be a 'normal' size range generally.

I have a 36" inside leg which massively limits the range of trousers I can buy, supermarket brands for instance are a dead loss. A bigger problem is long sleeved shirts, I invariably have to buy shirts which are too big around the chest if I want sleeves that cover my wrist.
    Originally posted by NaughtiusMaximus
    I guess you can't blame them, as they could be left with loads of 'unusual' size combinations that they can't shift.

Some enterprising firm could offer alterations to existing stock for a reasonable additional fee, I would have thought.

My big bugbear is sleeves that are too tight, even when the rest of the garment fits well.

Those tiny little cap sleeves are some of the worst.

And I can never do up the buttons on sleeves, as my wrists are too thick. Yet not massively so.
    I prefer three-quarter length sleeves anyway.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 27th Sep 17, 3:48 PM
    • 7,774 Posts
    • 13,993 Thanks
    ScarletMarble

My big bugbear is sleeves that are too tight, even when the rest of the garment fits well.
    My mum reckons to save cost, tops from 8-22 have just 2 or even worse, 1 size of sleeves.

I got my muscular arms through work. No gym involved. Carrying, lifting stuff all the time does tone up the arms.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 27th Sep 17, 3:52 PM
    • 7,774 Posts
    • 13,993 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Why do bra manufacturers think the bigger the chest size, the bigger cup you have? I have a wide back, looks narrow from the front. I'm a 42B and not lost anything there when I was 5 stone heavier at my heaviest. It makes me jealous too when people lose 1.5 stone, they lose a chest and cup size. I would be flat chested by now.

I can't wear wired bras as they irritate my skin. I just wear those bra tops. Still got 3 stone to go and hopefully I lose something finally on the bust.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

711Posts Today

6,153Users online

Martin's Twitter