Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,579Posts
    • 28,545Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 80
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 25th Sep 17, 1:13 PM
    • 8,579 Posts
    • 28,545 Thanks
    fairy lights
    One of my colleagues is organising the works Christmas party and what should have been a relaxed meal is turning in to a weekend long, joyless carousel of team building activities. Well if I have to give up my own time for this I'm bringing along a plus one - my trusty flask of gin.
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 25th Sep 17, 1:19 PM
    • 4,512 Posts
    • 4,090 Thanks
    dekaspace
    People that double park so no-one can get through. I have put "Let's hope no-one needs an ambulance or fire engine" anonymous note on the windscreen on the vehicle which has caused the problem.
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    Somewhat common around here, not on double yellow lines but parking cars on a curved corner so if you come round it you have almost no reaction time, made worse by the size of the cars parked, even know a van that parks literally inches from bus stop so almost missed bus on occasion as bus driver can't see people waiting, even known in my last town (all posh houses too) people parking on the main road specifically bus stop and have large empty driveways big enough for like 4 cars, even seen them pull up before and give people at bus stop dirty looks as if to say get out of the way, or tell pedestrians they should move further up to get a bus,

Anotherr dog-related irritation . .

Our Pets at Home store id located on a small but very busy retail park. Why, oh why, do people with small dogs allow them to walk on an extended lead with so many cars moving around? You wouldn't let a small child walk there without keeping a firm hold on their hand! As well as the tripping hazard from the unenccesary length of the lead, yesterday, and not for the first time, I had to brake rather sharply as a small dog launched itself off the pavement right into the path of my car . . and it's stupid owner gave me a filthy look as if to say I should look where I'm going!!
    Originally posted by OldMotherTucker
    A few weeks ago as I was just about at my bus stop I heard a barking dog and saw a dog dash across a road as gate was open as owner was about to go out, cars slam on the breaks and the dog yap at my feet (didn't attack me just wanted to bark) owner came across and shouted loudly at the dog and took it back in.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 25th Sep 17, 2:10 PM
    • 52,483 Posts
    • 145,419 Thanks
    colinw
    One of my colleagues is organising the works Christmas party and what should have been a relaxed meal is turning in to a weekend long, joyless carousel of team building activities. Well if I have to give up my own time for this I'm bringing along a plus one - my trusty flask of gin.
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    and that sounds like my idea of Hell
    • DoubleDoors
    • By DoubleDoors 25th Sep 17, 2:27 PM
    • 258 Posts
    • 468 Thanks
    DoubleDoors
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    Oh God, I think someone should put these 'team builds' (and the person who came up with them), into room 101

• Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 25th Sep 17, 2:49 PM
    • 4,186 Posts
    • 15,267 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    I may have posted this before
    Teenagers that seem to spend all day to mess about on their trick bikes but can't seem to find time to look for a job
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 75.3
    Total so far - 2160.3
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 25th Sep 17, 3:53 PM
    • 7,767 Posts
    • 13,985 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Have been on these team builds and stayed at a hotel. Only things about it which I enjoyed were the spa facilities and the mini bar which my then employer paid for.
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 25th Sep 17, 5:08 PM
    • 12,369 Posts
    • 16,709 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    I'm back in the UK.

My irritations from yesterday were:
    . Only one place in Dubrovnik airport that sold drinks and food. A very common practice in many European airports I have flown from. East Midlands has roughly the same number of gates and there are about 7 places plus shops to buy food.
    . On collection of my suitcase, the baggage handlers put half of my flight's luggage on the carousel , then nothing for five minutes. Then started to put another flight's luggage on before the 2nd half of mine. Yet, there was an empty carousel. Because of almost 2 flights worth of luggage, they piled it on and when the belt went round a bend, at least 3 pieces of luggage fell off it.
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    I can beat that - the first time I went to Russia, and the second time I was in Moscow, my suitcase didn't come off the plane.

The taxi driver I hired helped me get one of the baggage handlers to take us to the plane and, sure enough, it was found at the back of the baggage compartment...
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?

I live in the UK City of Culture 2021

I had to put mothballs in my wallet - the moths had learned the PINs to my cards...
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 25th Sep 17, 6:18 PM
    • 7,767 Posts
    • 13,985 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    I can beat that - the first time I went to Russia, and the second time I was in Moscow, my suitcase didn't come off the plane.

The taxi driver I hired helped me get one of the baggage handlers to take us to the plane and, sure enough, it was found at the back of the baggage compartment...
    Originally posted by MothballsWallet
    A couple of years ago, a family friend flew back from Italy to Brum. Her suitcase wasn't there. Took down the various details. Days later, someone rang her saying her suitcase was found in Glasgow, ready for my friend to pick it up. Friend asked that as the airline or airport messed it up, they should courier the suitcase. Why should they expect my friend to do a round 620 mile trip - lives in Coventry?

The suitcase was delivered by courier and it was battered about. Fortunately, nothing was broken.
    • Piscean1991
    • By Piscean1991 25th Sep 17, 6:27 PM
    • 452 Posts
    • 641 Thanks
    Piscean1991
    I haven't been around in a while. I'm just struggling to cope. Thinking of giving up my job because it's triggered this.

Doctor has given me antidepressants but they are making me feel sick so hard to persevere. Can't face work tomorrow but have to go in.
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 25th Sep 17, 6:59 PM
    • 8,579 Posts
    • 28,545 Thanks
    fairy lights
    I haven't been around in a while. I'm just struggling to cope. Thinking of giving up my job because it's triggered this.

Doctor has given me antidepressants but they are making me feel sick so hard to persevere. Can't face work tomorrow but have to go in.
    Originally posted by Piscean1991
    Sorry to hear that
    Can't the doctor sign you off for a while?
    • Piscean1991
    • By Piscean1991 25th Sep 17, 7:10 PM
    • 452 Posts
    • 641 Thanks
    Piscean1991
    They've offered. And referred me for counselling. But I'm a teacher so the more time I take off, the more work there will be for me to do when I go back.
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 25th Sep 17, 8:01 PM
    • 14,199 Posts
    • 55,255 Thanks
    joansgirl
    They've offered. And referred me for counselling. But I'm a teacher so the more time I take off, the more work there will be for me to do when I go back.
    I'm going to say something completely nonconstructive......No job is worth risking your mental health for. Walk away from it now!

I wasn't a teacher or anything like that but I was in management for years and it caused me so much stress, so much lost sleep and eventually I just couldn't face it anymore. So I left, did a manual job which required little or no intelligence and never looked back. Best decision I ever made.

Life is too short.
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 25th Sep 17, 8:28 PM
    • 4,186 Posts
    • 15,267 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Single strands of spiders webs across the footpath at (my) head height, I must have walked into over a dozen of them on that last walk

Probably seems trivial to most of you but unless you are bald, you will have no idea what I'm on about
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 75.3
    Total so far - 2160.3
    • avogadro
    • By avogadro 25th Sep 17, 8:30 PM
    • 4,035 Posts
    • 7,278 Thanks
    avogadro
    Do you want to know why they do it?

Their dog has a poo, they pick it up. There are no available poo bins. They don't want to carry the poo with them on what could be a long walk. They don't want to leave it on the ground. So they hang it up so no one treads in it.

So really, it's a case of which is worse, poo bags hanging from trees or actual poo on the ground that you tread in.

Obviously the answer is for every dog owner to be a responsible owner and take their dog's poo with them but......never gonna happen
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    What do they think is going to happen to these bags of excrement which are (I am assuming?) hanging from various random trees? Will a council worker come along and dispose of the poop correctly?
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 25th Sep 17, 8:47 PM
    • 27,986 Posts
    • 15,257 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Retailers not catering for short and/or overweight people when it comes to clothing. Not everyone is 6ft+ and stick thin. They seem to think so.
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 26th Sep 17, 12:07 AM
    • 2,779 Posts
    • 3,713 Thanks
    ceredigion
    Retailers not catering for short and/or overweight people when it comes to clothing. Not everyone is 6ft+ and stick thin. They seem to think so.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie

I am 6ft+ and stick thin, and still nothing fits. You try and get
    trousers at 36" inside leg, 32" waist
    • colinw
    • By colinw 26th Sep 17, 7:54 AM
    • 52,483 Posts
    • 145,419 Thanks
    colinw
    I am 6ft+ and stick thin, and still nothing fits. You try and get
    trousers at 36" inside leg, 32" waist
    Originally posted by ceredigion
    36" That is a long leg! I am a mere 29"
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 26th Sep 17, 9:15 AM
    • 1,822 Posts
    • 12,613 Thanks
    Wednesday2000

Sorry to read that.xx ((Hugs))
    2018: Simplify your life
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 26th Sep 17, 6:32 PM
    • 7,767 Posts
    • 13,985 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    Retailers that don't cater women with long bodies, like me. I struggle to buy coats. Nothing worse than a coat that is too short. It's looks like a 16 year old wearing their first school blazer when they started the school aged 11.

Also thinking all women have skinny arms. Lost count on the number of times I have returned tops because the sleeves are tight
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 26th Sep 17, 6:40 PM
    • 14,199 Posts
    • 55,255 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Single strands of spiders webs across the footpath at (my) head height, I must have walked into over a dozen of them on that last walk

Probably seems trivial to most of you but unless you are bald, you will have no idea what I'm on about
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    I ain't bald (yet, give it time ) but the spiders webs stick to my face in the mornings, and it's worse when I've got moisturiser on coz then they REALLY stick and can't be brushed off.

I've noticed in the garden some of the webs are really tough and hard to break though. I usually try to remove an edge of a web and relocate it to another shrub so I can get through (like opening a gate) but some of them are virtually unbreakable
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

366Posts Today

3,755Users online

Martin's Twitter