Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,579Posts
    • 28,544Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 79
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 23rd Sep 17, 9:24 PM
    • 36,507 Posts
    • 135,048 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Person on Freegle that I had offered an item to that they were requesting not even bothering to reply to my message
    and another one that had offered something I wanted so I replied to them saying that I was interested and could collect at a time to suit them, they have not replied either
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    One of the things about Freegle etiquette is that they ask people offering things not to give it to the first person who replies, but to wait 2 or 3days.

This is because they say that the first person to call may not be the best person to have it, and also because it gives people who may not have immediate internet access a chance to reply too.

That might be why you haven't benn contacted yet.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    • DoubleDoors
    • By DoubleDoors 24th Sep 17, 11:29 AM
    • 258 Posts
    • 468 Thanks
    DoubleDoors
    A slice present?
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    My reply to this has been removed??

I came up with an alliterative alternative, if anyone remembers it
    (and it wasn't particularly rude or report-worthy!)
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 24th Sep 17, 11:32 AM
    • 36,507 Posts
    • 135,048 Thanks
    Pyxis
    My reply to this has been removed??

I came up with an alliterative alternative, if anyone remembers it
    (and it wasn't particularly rude or report-worthy!)
    Originally posted by DoubleDoors
    You're correct.

And it wasn't rude or anything, imo.

In fact, due to the alliteration, it was better than my "slice present".

(I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 24th Sep 17, 11:51 AM
    • 4,173 Posts
    • 15,203 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    One of the things about Freegle etiquette is that they ask people offering things not to give it to the first person who replies, but to wait 2 or 3days.

This is because they say that the first person to call may not be the best person to have it, and also because it gives people who may not have immediate internet access a chance to reply too.

That might be why you haven't benn contacted yet.
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    Very true, that is what is recommended but I know that I was not the first applicant and it has now been 7 days since the offer first appeared and it is still on the board with 6 applicants hoping to receive.
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 75.3
    Total so far - 2160.3
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 24th Sep 17, 12:24 PM
    • 1,819 Posts
    • 12,590 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    Sunday so my neighbours are using their incredibly loud garden tools and lawnmowers.
    2018: Simplify your life
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 24th Sep 17, 1:05 PM
    • 4,173 Posts
    • 15,203 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    I have a pain in my lower gut, just hope that it's not the old trouble flaring up again it has been quiet for about 3 months

This week - 75.3
    Total so far - 2160.3
    • helcat26
    • By helcat26 24th Sep 17, 4:49 PM
    • 1,068 Posts
    • 2,787 Thanks
    helcat26
    People who bag their dog S**t and then hang it in trees!

On a walk today and I was absolutely shocked at how much of this happens.
    What possible thought process could make that an OK thing to do?
    Do they think fairies come and collect it?
    Are they proud of the volume and making a display?

There is no fine enough for this.

They should be made to stand under a bag of poop until it falls.
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 24th Sep 17, 6:24 PM
    • 12,368 Posts
    • 16,706 Thanks
    MothballsWallet

Originally posted by helcat26
    Or make them eat it.
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?

I live in the UK City of Culture 2021

I had to put mothballs in my wallet - the moths had learned the PINs to my cards...
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 24th Sep 17, 6:48 PM
    • 8,579 Posts
    • 28,544 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Or make them eat it.
    Originally posted by MothballsWallet
    Harsh but fair.
    • avogadro
    • By avogadro 24th Sep 17, 6:54 PM
    • 4,035 Posts
    • 7,276 Thanks
    avogadro
    I am lost for words..
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 24th Sep 17, 7:11 PM
    • 4,494 Posts
    • 4,075 Thanks
    dekaspace
    So this happened to me today, I was waiting for a train and there 25 minutes early just missing one train and it was already about 20 people waiting, then 10 minutes before it got swamped and some young women arrived 5 minutes before the train arrived in a group of 5 then when train arrived were brushing past people and I blocked them so they tried nudging me hard, managed to squeeze past me so I said loudly when they sat down "I see people are pushing in that waited 5 minutes and grabbing seats when theres old people and people with health problems forced to stand, I hope the people who pushed are proud of themselves" The girls gave me a dirty look and muttered something to me as i past them and then turned their head and looked at me muttering even more so I said

"yes I can see you, I hope you are proud of yourself for pushing in and people who were waiting 30 minutes forced to stand" I did see them talk amongst themselves about me being a weirdo and freak, ugly etc.

Annoyed but glad I stood up for myself once, they seemed to act like there were there first therefore they had priority, well I have weak bones due to arthritis and I was forced to stand.
    • DoubleDoors
    • By DoubleDoors 24th Sep 17, 8:01 PM
    • 258 Posts
    • 468 Thanks
    DoubleDoors
    Oh deka you are funny. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall.

You should have walked past them and dropped a massive f*rt. They might have vacated their seats then
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 24th Sep 17, 8:10 PM
    • 14,189 Posts
    • 55,193 Thanks
    joansgirl

Do you want to know why they do it?

Their dog has a poo, they pick it up. There are no available poo bins. They don't want to carry the poo with them on what could be a long walk. They don't want to leave it on the ground. So they hang it up so no one treads in it.

So really, it's a case of which is worse, poo bags hanging from trees or actual poo on the ground that you tread in.

Obviously the answer is for every dog owner to be a responsible owner and take their dog's poo with them but......never gonna happen
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 24th Sep 17, 8:47 PM
    • 4,173 Posts
    • 15,203 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Do you want to know why they do it?

Their dog has a poo, they pick it up. There are no available poo bins. They don't want to carry the poo with them on what could be a long walk. They don't want to leave it on the ground. So they hang it up so no one treads in it.

So really, it's a case of which is worse, poo bags hanging from trees or actual poo on the ground that you tread in.

Obviously the answer is for every dog owner to be a responsible owner and take their dog's poo with them but......never gonna happen
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    You beat me to the answer

It is also not always a case of hanging the bag on the tree, sometimes they have tried to toss it into the undergrowth but it has caught up in the branches.
    The people that do this tend to be the 'cool' people, there is no bin in sight and they are too cool to be seen walking about carrying a bag of dog poo.

I have recently written to my local council about the shortage of suitable bins for dog waste and also that the bins there are are not always emptied, still waiting for an answer

This week - 75.3
    Total so far - 2160.3
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 25th Sep 17, 7:23 AM
    • 7,763 Posts
    • 13,983 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    I'm back in the UK.

My irritations from yesterday were:
    . Only one place in Dubrovnik airport that sold drinks and food. A very common practice in many European airports I have flown from. East Midlands has roughly the same number of gates and there are about 7 places plus shops to buy food.
    . On collection of my suitcase, the baggage handlers put half of my flight's luggage on the carousel , then nothing for five minutes. Then started to put another flight's luggage on before the 2nd half of mine. Yet, there was an empty carousel. Because of almost 2 flights worth of luggage, they piled it on and when the belt went round a bend, at least 3 pieces of luggage fell off it.
    • DoubleDoors
    • By DoubleDoors 25th Sep 17, 9:26 AM
    • 258 Posts
    • 468 Thanks
    DoubleDoors
    My mother in law always grumbles about her holidays. Something's always not quite up to her standards, or she didn't like the people, etc etc. I just want to tell her how nice it would be to be able to afford a flippin holiday to grumble about!!
    • Destabilising
    • By Destabilising 25th Sep 17, 9:49 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    Destabilising
    Right now? I quit smoking today and my colleague who sits near me is just sitting there repeatedly waving rollies in my face. I'm close to ending up in a meeting for slapping a colleague.
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 25th Sep 17, 10:48 AM
    • 7,704 Posts
    • 17,089 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    Right now? I quit smoking today and my colleague who sits near me is just sitting there repeatedly waving rollies in my face. I'm close to ending up in a meeting for slapping a colleague.
    Originally posted by Destabilising

Well done Destabilising! Hang in there - your colleague is evidently a huge knobend!

I gave up on 13th of this month 13 days without a cigarette

The best tip ( and I don't mean a filter tip ) I can give you is DON'T VAPE!!!

I'm on the Nicotine Replacement Gum so that I can avoid going out to the smoking/vaping area at work. I always do better if I don't hang around with people who are smoking. Although I'm already finding the smell of cigarette smoke on people's clothes quite repellent, there is always a millisecond when someone sparks a ciggy nearby and I think 'Mmmmm, I really want one!!!'

All in all though it's going well and I wish you the best of luck and a bucket full of restraint when it comes to not clouting your dipstick moron of a co-worker!!
    Should have joined Borrowmydoggy.com
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 25th Sep 17, 10:55 AM
    • 7,704 Posts
    • 17,089 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    Anotherr dog-related irritation . .

Our Pets at Home store id located on a small but very busy retail park. Why, oh why, do people with small dogs allow them to walk on an extended lead with so many cars moving around? You wouldn't let a small child walk there without keeping a firm hold on their hand! As well as the tripping hazard from the unenccesary length of the lead, yesterday, and not for the first time, I had to brake rather sharply as a small dog launched itself off the pavement right into the path of my car . . and it's stupid owner gave me a filthy look as if to say I should look where I'm going!!
    Should have joined Borrowmydoggy.com
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 25th Sep 17, 11:00 AM
    • 7,763 Posts
    • 13,983 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    People that double park so no-one can get through. I have put "Let's hope no-one needs an ambulance or fire engine" anonymous note on the windscreen on the vehicle which has caused the problem.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

96Posts Today

2,071Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bbcthehour: "Mental health and debt is a marriage made in hell" @MartinSLewis told the Senedd when people are more vulnerable they're m?

• RT @justindeaville: @MartinSLewis I looked it up when we last went. It's ball speed. And it's about O.3 seconds to cross the court. @Martin?

• Amazing how empty the #Wimbledon court is for the mixed doubles even though there's a Brit playing. The bars outside are rammed though

• Follow Martin