Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,580Posts
    • 28,547Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 77
    • colinw
    • By colinw 21st Sep 17, 11:22 AM
    • 52,502 Posts
    • 145,458 Thanks
    colinw
    Someone in the office keeps farting
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    You need a sniffer dog with big teeth!
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 21st Sep 17, 11:35 AM
    • 8,580 Posts
    • 28,547 Thanks
    fairy lights
    They've got a 'random annoyances' thread over in discussion time.
    Pfft, amateurs! We've been being annoyed here for years and all of a sudden posters on other boards are trying to get in on the game.
    The Discussion Time tread will probably have broken down in to an argument about immigration by lunchtime anyway.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 21st Sep 17, 11:44 AM
    • 52,502 Posts
    • 145,458 Thanks
    colinw
    They've got a 'random annoyances' thread over in discussion time.
    Pfft, amateurs! We've been being annoyed here for years and all of a sudden posters on other boards are trying to get in on the game.
    The Discussion Time tread will probably have broken down in to an argument about immigration by lunchtime anyway.
    The blooming very cheek of it now I am mad!
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 21st Sep 17, 11:53 AM
    • 8,580 Posts
    • 28,547 Thanks
    fairy lights
    The blooming very cheek of it now I am mad!
    Originally posted by colinw
    We need to go over there and teach them young imposters a lesson or two...
    • hunters
    • By hunters 21st Sep 17, 11:58 AM
    • 755 Posts
    • 2,122 Thanks
    hunters
    Someone in the office keeps farting
    sorry about that
    • tommix
    • By tommix 21st Sep 17, 1:26 PM
    • 36,770 Posts
    • 145,820 Thanks
    tommix
    My wife's giving me grief..She just found out I replaced the bed with a Trampoline..She hit the roof!

..and the day started off so well.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 21st Sep 17, 4:44 PM
    • 7,768 Posts
    • 13,987 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    I have to agree with you on this one.
    Some are a bit pig ignorant, and I've had a least 2 run ins with them. One was in the Rio Hotel in Vegas. They used to have a Carnival show where the floats were on tracks on the ceiling and they throw bead necklaces down if you wave at them. One lady decided that she didn't want me to have any, so from about 15 feet away, she started walking backwards, looking at me and moving her arms up and down like she was waving but her elbows were out (IYSWIM) When she got to me, they were level with me for bead throwing and she went to belt me with her elbow.
    I dodged it and pushed her out of the way with my arm (I wasn't going to move) Luckily she made it so obvious, 'cos if I hadn't have realised what she was doing and was watching she could have hurt me. All over a $1 bead necklace - That I caught.
    Another time was at Buckingham Palace and we went to see if Liz had washed her net curtains that year. One tourist thought it was fun to stand next to us, start spinning round and nearly belted us with a selfie stick. Luckily for her, the phone stayed on it.
    Some of them are nice, but a few have no manners. I suppose it could be said of people of all nations, including us.
    I've seen them take photos of ice cream vans and signs on iron railings as well. Don't they have them over there?
    Originally posted by dontone
    I visited the old city of Dubrovnik today. Didn't walk the walls as my leg is playing up. You are to walk them in one direction. From the fellow tour members, guess what few were walking the other way. Guessed it correctly, the Japanese!
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 21st Sep 17, 6:20 PM
    • 27,990 Posts
    • 15,259 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Japanese tourists.

Why don't they just follow the rules? I remember in Assisi, they were shouting in churches you should be silent on visiting. Then in the Sistine chapel, no photos are allowed yet they took them.

Then they take photos of stupid things. Pile of pigeon poo, dead pigeons, a drain etc
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    Language barrier perhaps. Although yeah they canít stop snapping with a camera. I have been on a bus in the lakes flying along going over bumps and they try and take photos of the scenery through the dirty windows.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 21st Sep 17, 7:51 PM
    • 7,768 Posts
    • 13,987 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Language barrier perhaps. Although yeah they canít stop snapping with a camera. I have been on a bus in the lakes flying along going over bumps and they try and take photos of the scenery through the dirty windows.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    These signs are internationally recognised. Camera crossed out - no photography. Finger in front of lips - silent please.

Yet they stop taking photos, shut up on being told off
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 21st Sep 17, 9:21 PM
    • 4,198 Posts
    • 15,277 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    "Flash-embedded videos are no longer supported, but you can still watchthis video on Youtube"
    and yet people are still posting them on this forum
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 75.3
    Total so far - 2160.3
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 22nd Sep 17, 12:51 AM
    • 27,990 Posts
    • 15,259 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    These signs are internationally recognised. Camera crossed out - no photography. Finger in front of lips - silent please.

Yet they stop taking photos, shut up on being told off
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    I have always had the impression they are polite people in general.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 22nd Sep 17, 12:54 AM
    • 27,990 Posts
    • 15,259 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    The keypad on ios11 seemingly wanting to turn certain letters into a number. In particular it loves making the letter e into a 3.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 22nd Sep 17, 12:55 AM
    • 27,990 Posts
    • 15,259 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Ccleaner getting upto no good on my system. Itís fixed now I think.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 22nd Sep 17, 5:36 AM
    • 36,618 Posts
    • 135,501 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I originally posted this on the Random Annoyances thread, but then decided it was more hardcore than a random annoyance, so have reposted it here................

It's far worse than that where I work. There are a few people who when making a hot drink insist on using the same spoon for scooping both the coffee and the sugar out of their relevant jars, thereby polluting perfectly good sugar with coffee.

Heathens!
    Originally posted by NaughtiusMaximus
    Or polluting perfectly good coffee with (blahugh) sugar.as someone who doesn't take sugar, I can detect one grain of the sickly stuff in a cup of coffee.

However, the real hanging/drawing/quartering offence is using the same knife to get butter from the butter-dish and the jam-jar.

Butter in the jam is as equally yuk as jam in the butter.

Actually, this is more than a random annoyance, so I shall repost it on the Irritations thread!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    • dontone
    • By dontone 22nd Sep 17, 8:42 AM
    • 4,160 Posts
    • 13,254 Thanks
    dontone
    I originally posted this on the Random Annoyances thread, but then decided it was more hardcore than a random annoyance, so have reposted it here................

Or polluting perfectly good coffee with (blahugh) sugar.as someone who doesn't take sugar, I can detect one grain of the sickly stuff in a cup of coffee.

However, the real hanging/drawing/quartering offence is using the same knife to get butter from the butter-dish and the jam-jar.

Butter in the jam is as equally yuk as jam in the butter.

Actually, this is more than a random annoyance, so I shall repost it on the Irritations thread!
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    OR, even worse, someone who makes both a cup of coffee and tea and uses the same spoon to first stir the coffee and dunks the spoon into the cup to stir the tea straight after. There is nothing worse than a decent cuppa tea totally ruined by such selfish behaviour
    People who do that instantly are put into the 'People who need a good hiding' category. That is all
    That was one of my pet hates when I worked in an office years ago. Just rinse the spoon or use another.
    Btw, morning
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin'
    • JasonLVC
    • By JasonLVC 22nd Sep 17, 10:28 AM
    • 15,430 Posts
    • 40,210 Thanks
    JasonLVC
    Hello fellow irritated people, I'd not realised there was a thread devoted to lifes mundane annoyances, sorry for starting a similar thread in the DT, I'll let that one die slowly and refocus my efforts here now!
    Anger ruins joy, it steals the goodness of my mind. Forces me to say terrible things. Overcoming anger brings peace of mind, a mind without regret. If I overcome anger, I will be delightful and loved by everyone.
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 22nd Sep 17, 10:49 AM
    • 8,580 Posts
    • 28,547 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Hello fellow irritated people, I'd not realised there was a thread devoted to lifes mundane annoyances, sorry for starting a similar thread in the DT, I'll let that one die slowly and refocus my efforts here now!
    Originally posted by JasonLVC
    Good. Good.
    You have made the right decision.
    I think you will be happy here.
    • avogadro
    • By avogadro 22nd Sep 17, 4:54 PM
    • 4,035 Posts
    • 7,278 Thanks
    avogadro
    and yet people are still posting them on this forum
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    I can't get flash to work either, and am very wary of installing anything after my computer got infected with a particularly nasty and stubborn piece of malware recently.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 22nd Sep 17, 4:58 PM
    • 7,768 Posts
    • 13,987 Thanks
    ScarletMarble

Originally posted by Pyxis
    Then are colleagues that leave the spoon in their cup, take it back to their desk, office and don't take it back to the hot drinks area.

Had a manager who did this. He left his job without clearing out his desk. His secretary cleared it ready for his replacement. 32 spoons found
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 22nd Sep 17, 5:41 PM
    • 8,580 Posts
    • 28,547 Thanks
    fairy lights
    There's a very irritating teenage boy who gets the same bus as me everyday and always opens a window, even when it's cold, wet, and blowing a gale.
    The rest of us sit there freezing with increasingly windswept hair while he blasts tinny drum and bass out of his phone. If he's hot he could try taking hus oversized hoodie off! Absolutely no respect for his elders. I am 30 now and prone to catching a chill I'll have you know.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,793Posts Today

7,513Users online

Martin's Twitter