Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,675Posts
    • 28,901Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 621
    • 3secondmemory
    • By 3secondmemory 14th Jan 20, 12:09 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 317 Thanks
    3secondmemory
    Universal Credit again, 2nd time in 6 months that I get less as I get paid 2 weekly I get paid 3 times in a month the very day when they make the assessment so I lose about £250 from that months payment.

It confuses and stresses me who has been to university so imagine people in a worse condition.
    Originally posted by dekaspace
    I’m terrified of being put on it! I can’t budget anymore as it is!

I need to power nap but I’m too stressed out from losing my glasses. I made it to my flu jab on time but they wouldn’t let me have it as I have a temperature
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 14th Jan 20, 5:12 PM
    • 1,301 Posts
    • 2,939 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    Dad would love to get benefits of some kind but he doesn't qualify for anything

Waiting for an important appointment to come through is the irritation of the moment
    • mark1959
    • By mark1959 14th Jan 20, 7:28 PM
    • 443 Posts
    • 518 Thanks
    mark1959
    Cold callers.
    Specifically the double glazing salesman that almost conned one of my neighbour's. [whose 86] Trying to charge £1500 for one window that doesn't need replacing. Anyway she's stopped the cheque.
    • tealady
    • By tealady 14th Jan 20, 7:48 PM
    • 3,238 Posts
    • 4,359 Thanks
    tealady
    Cold callers.
    Specifically the double glazing salesman that almost conned one of my neighbour's. [whose 86] Trying to charge £1500 for one window that doesn't need replacing. Anyway she's stopped the cheque.
    Originally posted by mark1959
    If salespeople come to my house I tell them it isnt my house.
    God botherers just get told I am busy.
    Proud to be an MSE nerd
    Judge people by their achievements, not by their mistakes
    • Meg x
    • By Meg x 15th Jan 20, 3:05 PM
    • 2,172 Posts
    • 2,521 Thanks
    Meg x
    Virgin media again!
    When I contacted them to ask if they'd reduce my broadband and phone line (the latter of which is never used) they were adamant that a £10 reduction was all they could offer, taking it from almost £50 to £40.
    I gave them 30 days notice and am now going with Vodafone for £21 a month.

Low and behold Virgin phoned me up yesterday and offered it me for £18 a month...I refused and told them it was a pity they couldn't have offered me that before ..I'm sticking with Vodafone now, and if it doesn't work out I'll go back to Virgin as a new customer and get a good deal..
    Procrastination is the thief of time

''The world is made of faith, trust, and pixie dust''
    J.M. Barrie
    • elsien
    • By elsien 15th Jan 20, 5:35 PM
    • 20,559 Posts
    • 52,445 Thanks
    elsien
    My local council. I've been requesting the fire safety report for a planning application since 3 January, and they've left uploading it to the portal till a couple of hours before the actual decision meeting. You'd almost think they were trying to steamroller it through again...
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • elsien
    • By elsien 15th Jan 20, 9:13 PM
    • 20,559 Posts
    • 52,445 Thanks
    elsien
    And to add to my last post, gutless planning committees who vote against the application, are bullied into a second vote, abstain rather than give their reasons for refusal, so the application is passed by the chair casting vote because none of them have the courage of their convictions.

And breathe.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

• Fingerbobs
    • By Fingerbobs 15th Jan 20, 9:39 PM
    • 863 Posts
    • 373 Thanks
    Fingerbobs
    Something that really annoys me is that they keep changing the channel numbers on Freeview.
    Just as I begin to remember the channel numbers for my favourite stations so I can go straight to them without having to call up the EPG, they move them all around again! Why?
    • 3secondmemory
    • By 3secondmemory 16th Jan 20, 11:42 AM
    • 147 Posts
    • 317 Thanks
    3secondmemory
    People who say ‘Awww, Bless.’!!
    • colinw
    • By colinw 16th Jan 20, 11:57 AM
    • 56,191 Posts
    • 154,645 Thanks
    colinw
    People who say ‘Awww, Bless.’!!
    Originally posted by 3secondmemory
    What about Hugs Hun?
    • 3secondmemory
    • By 3secondmemory 16th Jan 20, 12:01 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 317 Thanks
    3secondmemory
    What about Hugs Hun?
    Originally posted by colinw
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 16th Jan 20, 12:08 PM
    • 7,848 Posts
    • 25,531 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    Amazon delivery charges.
    Bunged something in the basket. "Free delivery on eligible order" or some such.
    No! Delivery is £4.99 unless you join "Prime" or have £20 worth of eligible orders.
    Add enough stuff to the basket to make the £20.
    That doesn't work. The other things already are post free!

So I got more or less the same thing on eBay for a bit less without the £4.99 postage.

I don't mind paying postage. I do mind when it's a flat fee "One size fits all", and when the whole delivery charges thing appears to be opaque.
    It's either free or it ain't. It's either a £20 order or it ain't.

Too many ifs, buts, and Primes.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 16th Jan 20, 3:15 PM
    • 19,415 Posts
    • 42,145 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Microsoft ending Windows 7 support and my PC deciding that it doesn't have a Hard Drive on the same day. Coincidence?

Anyway, after several hard reboots and forays into the setup my Hard Drive reappeared and the first thing i get is a Microsoft message informing me that support has now ended and I should really think about changing my computer ...
    Total distance walked in 2019 1459 km
    Target for 2020 - 2020 Km
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 16th Jan 20, 4:06 PM
    • 29,375 Posts
    • 16,344 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Something that really annoys me is that they keep changing the channel numbers on Freeview.
    Just as I begin to remember the channel numbers for my favourite stations so I can go straight to them without having to call up the EPG, they move them all around again! Why?
    Originally posted by Fingerbobs
    could be worse, free view does not work properly for us. channels often drop out or go blocky. analogue was better.
    • Marvel1
    • By Marvel1 17th Jan 20, 8:39 PM
    • 4,653 Posts
    • 5,278 Thanks
    Marvel1
    Wasted £10 on a Samsung Gear VR headset, which was complete rubbish. Luckily only £10, wanted to try it with with my smartphone, I already have a Playstation VR one - much better by miles!
    • Soscini
    • By Soscini 17th Jan 20, 10:38 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    Soscini
    Since listening to Sadhguru on Youtube, fewer and fewer things irritate me. but some remained like:

- servility
    - sticking to rules without thinking
    - neoliberalism
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 18th Jan 20, 10:58 AM
    • 1,301 Posts
    • 2,939 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    Internet adverts that call something a benefit but in reality they are selling you a funeral plan
    • Barny1979
    • By Barny1979 18th Jan 20, 11:09 AM
    • 5,537 Posts
    • 53,127 Thanks
    Barny1979
    Forgot to check a parkrun Facebook page this morning and ended up driving 25 miles to find it was cancelled.
    Last edited by Barny1979; 18-01-2020 at 11:52 AM.
    2013 - 313 AFDs, 2014 - 289 AFDs, 2015 - 321 AFDs, 2016 - 276 AFDs, 2017 - 276 AFDs, 2018 - 240 AFDs 2019 - 285 AFDs
    MFW Challenge 2019 - £1809/£1809
    • 3secondmemory
    • By 3secondmemory 18th Jan 20, 11:50 AM
    • 147 Posts
    • 317 Thanks
    3secondmemory
    Getting stuff wrong all the time
    • elsien
    • By elsien 19th Jan 20, 10:18 AM
    • 20,559 Posts
    • 52,445 Thanks
    elsien
    Insurance renewals.
    Get quote which is a stupid amount up from last year. Get alternative quotes online. Phone insurer ref wriggle room and they immediately knock £120 off the renewal quote I have been sent out. Complete waste of my time and energy.

Why can there not be an insurer who just keeps their prices reasonable without going through this fannying around every year??

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,884Posts Today

5,634Users online

Martin's Twitter