Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 6:20 AM
    • 8,675Posts
    • 28,901Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 6:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 6:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 544
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 14th Jun 19, 9:29 AM
    • 2,114 Posts
    • 5,220 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    Having to wait 60 seconds between posts is very annoying
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    ...especially when you want to make a post of less than 10 characters.
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 14th Jun 19, 9:56 AM
    • 7,258 Posts
    • 23,328 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    Having to wait 60 seconds between posts is very annoying and it reminds me why I stopped posting.
    You must be a quicker triper than me. I've rarely found it a problem. The ten characters thing is always catching me out though.
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 14th Jun 19, 12:13 PM
    • 2,114 Posts
    • 5,220 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    Bought an item on ebay on Sunday, estimated delivery date was yesterday.

I've just received a message from the seller saying they're out of stock
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 14th Jun 19, 12:28 PM
    • 5,137 Posts
    • 4,841 Thanks
    dekaspace
    Bought an item on ebay on Sunday, estimated delivery date was yesterday.

I've just received a message from the seller saying they're out of stock
    Originally posted by NaughtiusMaximus
    I ordered some things last Thursday, some from Chinese sellers and the rest from British, the Chinese ones arrived fast and the British ones haven't arrived yet!

Anyway

Conflicting information about phone appointment, was told "in the afternoon" by receptionist, the website appointment system said 3pm I go on lunch break at 12, leave my phone at desk and 12:02 get a missed call from doctor, phone reception and they hang up on me twice and third time say I will get a call back later when I enquire about the time slot I get a snotty "the appointment system shouldn't of told you an exact time"
    Last edited by dekaspace; 14-06-2019 at 1:00 PM.
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 14th Jun 19, 5:00 PM
    • 5,137 Posts
    • 4,841 Thanks
    dekaspace
    I queried with Universal Credit on Tuesday if I needed a sick note as I was claiming the limited capability part as I work part time, they responded with no and theres nothing on file to say so and nothing about a health assessment needed as I am already on the limited capability, come back home today to find a health assessment form dated the same day, and when I log into UC a new "to do" item to provide a sick note

FOR THE 3 MONTHS I ALREADY GAVE ONE FOR!!!

And dated the same day as my enquiry, guessing me asking flagged it.
    • MissPickle
    • By MissPickle 14th Jun 19, 5:46 PM
    • 2,001 Posts
    • 2,423 Thanks
    MissPickle
    I queried with Universal Credit on Tuesday if I needed a sick note as I was claiming the limited capability part as I work part time, they responded with no and theres nothing on file to say so and nothing about a health assessment needed as I am already on the limited capability, come back home today to find a health assessment form dated the same day, and when I log into UC a new "to do" item to provide a sick note

FOR THE 3 MONTHS I ALREADY GAVE ONE FOR!!!

And dated the same day as my enquiry, guessing me asking flagged it.
    Originally posted by dekaspace
    Keep everything.
    Get yourself to citizens advice.
    Try not to panic. It's what they do. You're not the first & I doubt you'll be the last.
    And no I do not claim myself. Before they all start.
    I'm not down the boozer 7 nights a week after Bingo.
    Nor am I at church.
    Just helping a poster out. That is all.
    Smile... It'll confuse em.
  • archived user
    My EHIC card expired in the past week. As I, and millions of others thought we would have left the EU at the end of March (please don't go on about this) so in the process of renewing my card and noticed that I made a typo of my middle name - typing quickly made me type two letters the wrong way round)
    Then on a page it says
    Before submitting your application, please check all details are correct. To amend your application, or to include additional applicants use the "Edit Details" button.
    Click the edit details button then to discover the name in uneditable. WTH?

Probably best off starting as a new applicant
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 15th Jun 19, 9:18 AM
    • 15,380 Posts
    • 58,810 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Why is it that whenever I log into Faceache and try to open one of my chat boxes it will never, EVER open on that tab and I always have to open another tab to get the box to open
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 15th Jun 19, 11:46 AM
    • 13,612 Posts
    • 18,912 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    Why is it that whenever I log into Faceache and try to open one of my chat boxes it will never, EVER open on that tab and I always have to open another tab to get the box to open
    Because it's Faceache, they only care about selling ad space, and don't care about their users or to whom they sell that ad space to: one day, terrorists will buy ad space on it and Zuckerberg won't care until the gov and police step in and make him care if he doesn't want to go to jail.
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?

I live in the UK City of Culture 2021
    • elsien
    • By elsien 15th Jun 19, 2:16 PM
    • 19,867 Posts
    • 50,450 Thanks
    elsien
    I have just remembered why I try to avoid town on a Saturday.

An element of crowd rage kicking in followed by being behind the person in Lidl who loaded the contents of their overfull trolley onto the belt, then decided they couldn't afford it and walked out of the shop abandoning the lot. Not sure what happened to mentally calculating as you go along, but they must have realised it was well over the hundred quid mark as they were piling it all in?
    Had to wait flipping ages while it was cleared, to pay for mine.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 15th Jun 19, 5:25 PM
    • 18,445 Posts
    • 39,566 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Before anybody asks me or suspects anything ... I am not Kwonky.
    Weekly Distance Walked 30km / Total For Year 1162 km
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 15th Jun 19, 6:25 PM
    • 7,258 Posts
    • 23,328 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    TV channels that keep changing.
    That's the second retune in a couple of weeks.
    Have to use manual with the PVR as well because auto picks up lower power transmission from somewhere, that confuses the box!
    Why change them!
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 15th Jun 19, 6:27 PM
    • 7,258 Posts
    • 23,328 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    Because it's Faceache, they only care about selling ad space, and don't care about their users or to whom they sell that ad space to: one day, terrorists will buy ad space on it and Zuckerberg won't care until the gov and police step in and make him care if he doesn't want to go to jail.
    Originally posted by MothballsWallet
    I'm getting tired of it TBH. "Notices" you don't want. "Friends" you don't know, and endless adverts for stuff you don't want, which all have to be ignored.
    • elsien
    • By elsien 15th Jun 19, 6:34 PM
    • 19,867 Posts
    • 50,450 Thanks
    elsien
    I'm getting tired of it TBH. "Notices" you don't want. "Friends" you don't know, and endless adverts for stuff you don't want, which all have to be ignored.
    Originally posted by Jackmydad
    There's very few of my Faceache friends I do know, to be fair. Set it up initially to do competitions so had to collect a random assortment of other compers to tag in etc.
    It's now expanded to shared interest groups, but no-one I'd count as a RL friend or family - not even on there in my real name. They don't tell you when you first start that you can only change your name so many times before you hit the limit and I was just playing around with the options. Got stuck with something that I'd not have chosen to have on there in the long run.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

• joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 16th Jun 19, 7:20 AM
    • 15,380 Posts
    • 58,810 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Bleary eyes....
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 16th Jun 19, 8:08 AM
    • 701 Posts
    • 1,590 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    Dad took me to the shops early today because there is a road running thing on in our area today and a lot of the roads and footpaths are closed off later (Dad is irritated by this)
    The way that he packed his rucksack at the shop meant that the plastic container that held the peaches clicked twice with every step that he took and it was driving me nuts I was on the short lead so I couldn't even get away out of earshot
    One and a half miles of 'click-click click-click' all the way home
    • elsien
    • By elsien 16th Jun 19, 3:26 PM
    • 19,867 Posts
    • 50,450 Thanks
    elsien
    Go food shopping.
    Go for massage.
    Return home.
    Start to cook tea. Ponder why the fridge is empty. Realise your food is still sitting in the gym. Because you thought about asking someone to remind you then decided it wasn't necessary as you couldn't possibly forget...

• Doom_and_Gloom
    • By Doom_and_Gloom 16th Jun 19, 4:51 PM
    • 3,838 Posts
    • 13,238 Thanks
    Doom_and_Gloom
    Customer caught one of my fingers with one of their nails so hard that he drew blood. Did he care, aknowledge what he did or say sorry? No he did not. I had to stop to clean the cut and put a plaster on so I wouldn't bleed everywhere. He was more interested in getting his shopping through making a colleague take over while I sorted out the problem he made.
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 16th Jun 19, 5:30 PM
    • 3,442 Posts
    • 4,905 Thanks
    ceredigion
    Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    Go away
    • elsien
    • By elsien 16th Jun 19, 5:40 PM
    • 19,867 Posts
    • 50,450 Thanks
    elsien
    Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    Go away
    Originally posted by ceredigion
    If you put someone on ignore, does that mean you can't see any of the threads they start?
    Says she hopefully.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,439Posts Today

8,677Users online

Martin's Twitter