Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 6:20 AM
    • 8,664Posts
    • 28,870Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 6:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 6:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 525
    • Zinco
    • By Zinco 10th Apr 19, 4:47 PM
    • 2,355 Posts
    • 4,084 Thanks
    Zinco
    Headache. ....................
    • BAD
    • By BAD 10th Apr 19, 7:59 PM
    • 51 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    BAD
    People singing in the bath .....
    • Zinco
    • By Zinco 11th Apr 19, 2:17 PM
    • 2,355 Posts
    • 4,084 Thanks
    Zinco
    More aches n pains.
    • elsien
    • By elsien 12th Apr 19, 5:41 PM
    • 18,789 Posts
    • 47,646 Thanks
    elsien
    People who say " I haven't read the whole thread, but in case no-ones mentioned it" then go on to spout the blindingly obvious comment that had been posted 6 times before.

*waits for someone to post out that this has been posted before and maybe I should read the whole thread.*
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • Marvel1
    • By Marvel1 13th Apr 19, 8:29 AM
    • 4,067 Posts
    • 4,483 Thanks
    Marvel1
    Round washing bowl too small for kitchen sink, can't get much in there.

Bigger rectangle bowl, doesn't really fot washing bowl, always have to have at an angle instead of flat, a pain but made do. Now has a leak at the bottom

Bought another today, rectangle, fits into sink, yay, however cannot lay a plate flat to leave and soak a few!

Is it really that difficult for a kitchen sink, plate and washing bowl to fit?!
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 13th Apr 19, 10:49 AM
    • 9,075 Posts
    • 30,235 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    Packing ebay parcels.
    I tell you, some days this no fault divorce looks downright appealing. As a slightly less satisfactory alternative to murder.
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 13th Apr 19, 11:05 AM
    • 5,564 Posts
    • 18,378 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    Packing ebay parcels.
    I tell you, some days this no fault divorce looks downright appealing. As a slightly less satisfactory alternative to murder.
    Originally posted by DigForVictory
    Part of the reason I stopped doing it.
    I felt that in a lot of cases I was ending up with less than the value of the hassle for the benefit of eBay, Paypal, and a complete stranger!
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 13th Apr 19, 11:17 AM
    • 201 Posts
    • 381 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    Part of the reason I stopped doing it.
    I felt that in a lot of cases I was ending up with less than the value of the hassle for the benefit of eBay, Paypal, and a complete stranger!
    Originally posted by Jackmydad
    You should do what dad does and just give the low value stuff away on your local Freegle, that way the person that wants it comes and collects
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 13th Apr 19, 11:20 AM
    • 5,564 Posts
    • 18,378 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    You should do what dad does and just give the low value stuff away on your local Freegle, that way the person that wants it comes and collects
    Originally posted by duncanthedog
    I take the stuff to a charity shop, and bin anything else.
    I don't want people coming to my home to pick up stuff, that's when they actually come!
    • elsien
    • By elsien 13th Apr 19, 11:21 AM
    • 18,789 Posts
    • 47,646 Thanks
    elsien
    Or in my case, not collect. Three no shows for a tent I'm trying to give away.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

• duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 13th Apr 19, 11:25 AM
    • 201 Posts
    • 381 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    Dad is aware that no-shows can be a big problem in some areas but has seldom had a problem that way.
    He even takes me walking sometimes to deliver some stuff
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 13th Apr 19, 11:49 AM
    • 5,564 Posts
    • 18,378 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    Dad is aware that no-shows can be a big problem in some areas but has seldom had a problem that way.
    He even takes me walking sometimes to deliver some stuff
    Originally posted by duncanthedog
    I've given stuff away in the past. Too many no shows, and one or two of the recipients weren't people I wanted here. One in particular came into my workshop to find me, at a time he wasn't supposed to come, and had eyes everywhere.
    Nothing happened. . . but!
    TBH ,I think our GSD "distant cousin to you" who was stopping with us at the time worried him.
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 13th Apr 19, 2:05 PM
    • 4,832 Posts
    • 4,526 Thanks
    dekaspace
    Phoning for my yearly sim only contract haggle with Three, always a nightmare this year I decided to give it a try and their "offer" was to say the tarrifs have changed and if I want to change tariff I would get the equivalent of what I have now for 4 a month extra!!!

Last year I phoned about 8 times and retentions used to get quite angry in tone with me, it was I had a 7 a month tariff and their "saving" was to cut me from unlimited minutes and texts and 4 gig of data to 200 minutes of calls and 1 gig of data for 6 and complain when I refused telling me they were trying to save me money and they didn't understand why I wasn't taking the saving and how I was a low usage customer so didn't need that much data!

Oh well back to the complaints team as I do every year.
    • Zinco
    • By Zinco 13th Apr 19, 2:20 PM
    • 2,355 Posts
    • 4,084 Thanks
    Zinco
    Now the 2nd lot of bad neighbours have left (evicted), i refuse to be irritated today!
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 14th Apr 19, 4:39 PM
    • 13,392 Posts
    • 18,567 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    That Twitter keep promoting a "have a look at our new look site" thing, but no idea when this will happen.

They've had it there for at least 6 weeks, iirc!
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?

I live in the UK City of Culture 2021
    • Barny1979
    • By Barny1979 14th Apr 19, 5:23 PM
    • 4,771 Posts
    • 48,224 Thanks
    Barny1979
    Useless builders who do things and then do not rectify the issue created or communicate
    2013 - 313 AFDs, 2014 - 289 AFDs, 2015 - 321 AFDs, 2016 - 276 AFDs, 2017 - 276 AFDs, 2018 - 240 AFDs
    MFW Challenge 2019 - 300/1809
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 14th Apr 19, 6:08 PM
    • 28,643 Posts
    • 15,858 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    That Twitter keep promoting a "have a look at our new look site" thing, but no idea when this will happen.

They've had it there for at least 6 weeks, iirc!
    Originally posted by MothballsWallet
    I dont like how long winded logging out is. Why not just have a log out button on screen.
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 15th Apr 19, 11:58 AM
    • 1,773 Posts
    • 4,395 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    Posters for whom it's difficult to tell if they're trolls or merely idiots.
    • elsien
    • By elsien 15th Apr 19, 7:28 PM
    • 18,789 Posts
    • 47,646 Thanks
    elsien
    Tesco pharmacy trying to charge 1 for a urine sample pot because "they have to charge 1 for all their sundry items."

Next time I'll get a free one from the vet by pretending it's for the dog.

Or persuade the GP surgery it might be useful to open occasionally when working folks are actually able to attend.

• colinw
    • By colinw 16th Apr 19, 12:22 PM
    • 54,894 Posts
    • 151,473 Thanks
    colinw
    Tesco pharmacy trying to charge 1 for a urine sample pot because "they have to charge 1 for all their sundry items."

Next time I'll get a free one from the vet by pretending it's for the dog.

Or persuade the GP surgery it might be useful to open occasionally when working folks are actually able to attend.
    Originally posted by elsien
    That really is taking the P1ss
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,478Posts Today

4,382Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin