Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,644Posts
    • 28,781Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 491
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 12th Jan 19, 8:34 AM
    • 14,214 Posts
    • 28,002 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Maybe there was a tear in the space - time continuum.
    Things seem more 'normal' today already somehow.

Off to do some more walking now, hopefully catch everybody later.
    Weekly Distance Walked 41km / Total For Year 65km

Anything posted here falls under The Official Secret Eater's Act
    • Zinco
    • By Zinco 12th Jan 19, 8:51 AM
    • 2,013 Posts
    • 3,592 Thanks
    Zinco
    Enjoy your walk Sleazy.

• Zinco
    • By Zinco 12th Jan 19, 10:01 AM
    • 2,013 Posts
    • 3,592 Thanks
    Zinco
    Being blamed by a Troll

• MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 12th Jan 19, 11:16 AM
    • 12,991 Posts
    • 17,835 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    Realising that if we have to print out all the evidence documents for Mrs MbW's visa renewal in October, since we have an inkjet printer, we're going to need at least 3 sets of the extra capacity cartridges - for our Epson XP-332, that's about 55 per set, or around 220

I wonder if I can hire a laser printer that can do double sided printing for that purpose, or find a company that can print the stuff off for me (I've tried Google, but I mostly get the commercial printers who do flyers and business stationery) for a better rate since there's monthly bank statements, bills, letters and emails from mid-April 2017 onwards, and the list will keep growing until we submit the application
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?
    I live in the UK City of Culture 2021
    I had to put mothballs in my wallet - the moths had learned the PINs to my cards...
    • BlondeHeadOn
    • By BlondeHeadOn 12th Jan 19, 12:16 PM
    • 2,210 Posts
    • 2,965 Thanks
    BlondeHeadOn
    Realising that if we have to print out all the evidence documents for Mrs MbW's visa renewal in October, since we have an inkjet printer, we're going to need at least 3 sets of the extra capacity cartridges - for our Epson XP-332, that's about 55 per set, or around 220

I wonder if I can hire a laser printer that can do double sided printing for that purpose, or find a company that can print the stuff off for me (I've tried Google, but I mostly get the commercial printers who do flyers and business stationery) for a better rate since there's monthly bank statements, bills, letters and emails from mid-April 2017 onwards, and the list will keep growing until we submit the application
    Originally posted by MothballsWallet
    A really good website for finding a local printing company - or indeed any other type of local company - is

https://www.buywithconfidence.gov.uk/find-a-business/

Enter your postcode and the type of company (eg photocopying and printing) and you will get a list of local small companies that offer that service.

The site is Trading Standards approved, and I've found lots of really good - and good value - companies from this.

HTH
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 12th Jan 19, 12:26 PM
    • 12,991 Posts
    • 17,835 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    A really good website for finding a local printing company - or indeed any other type of local company - is

https://www.buywithconfidence.gov.uk/find-a-business/

Enter your postcode and the type of company (eg photocopying and printing) and you will get a list of local small companies that offer that service.

The site is Trading Standards approved, and I've found lots of really good - and good value - companies from this.

HTH
    Originally posted by BlondeHeadOn
    Thank you - that's a good suggestion, I'll check it out later
    I had to put mothballs in my wallet - the moths had learned the PINs to my cards...
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 12th Jan 19, 12:38 PM
    • 12,991 Posts
    • 17,835 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    Ok, now that's seriously not on.
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 12th Jan 19, 12:38 PM
    • 15,536 Posts
    • 21,612 Thanks
    Gloomendoom

How many pages (in total) do you need to print?
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. - Mark Twain
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 12th Jan 19, 12:44 PM
    • 12,991 Posts
    • 17,835 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    How many pages (in total) do you need to print?
    Originally posted by Gloomendoom
    Good question - I haven't totalled it up yet, and there are still some documents I'm waiting for Mrs MbW to bring back with her from her current visit to her family, and they'll need to be translated as well, so I'm going to write an Excel spreadsheet with macros to automate that for me, but we're looking at hundreds, possibly over 1,000, and I'll want to get 2 copies - one for our application and one for our solicitor's files so she doesn't have to photocopy them all (and charge us more).

This would be so much easier if we could do this with all the electronic copies.

I also wish Mozilla would hurry up and OK an update to an addin for the Thunderbird email program that allows you to save emails in a folder to PDF files with a few clicks - it doesn't work since they released Thunderbird 60, but the developer's fixed it, released the new version to Mozilla, and is waiting for them to publish it on the updates server.
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 12th Jan 19, 12:50 PM
    • 5,000 Posts
    • 16,434 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    Is it something you're going to have to do again in the future MBW?
    Could you justify buying a mono laser printer?
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 12th Jan 19, 1:06 PM
    • 12,991 Posts
    • 17,835 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    Is it something you're going to have to do again in the future MBW?
    Could you justify buying a mono laser printer?
    Originally posted by Jackmydad
    Another good question, I don't know how many more stages there are before she qualifies for UK citizenship.
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 12th Jan 19, 1:10 PM
    • 5,000 Posts
    • 16,434 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    Another good question, I don't know how many more stages there are before she qualifies for UK citizenship.
    Not knowing sounds a right PITA.
    You could always resell the printer on eBay after you'd finished with it I suppose.
    • Zinco
    • By Zinco 12th Jan 19, 2:46 PM
    • 2,013 Posts
    • 3,592 Thanks
    Zinco
    *beeps sake!*

• elsien
    • By elsien 12th Jan 19, 2:55 PM
    • 18,088 Posts
    • 46,126 Thanks
    elsien
    *plinky music* Thank you for your patience - your call is important to us.*plinky music*

If it was that important to you, you'd have more people answering the sodding phones.

Being blamed by a Troll
    Originally posted by Zinco
    There's a lot of it around at the moment, sadly.
    Last edited by elsien; 12-01-2019 at 2:58 PM.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • Zinco
    • By Zinco 12th Jan 19, 3:28 PM
    • 2,013 Posts
    • 3,592 Thanks
    Zinco
    The fag ash family, i don't want to see or hear you!

• Zinco
    • By Zinco 13th Jan 19, 8:46 AM
    • 2,013 Posts
    • 3,592 Thanks
    Zinco
    Mess. .............

• Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 13th Jan 19, 8:57 AM
    • 14,214 Posts
    • 28,002 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Mess. .............
    Originally posted by Zinco
    What kind?
    Weekly Distance Walked 41km / Total For Year 65km

Anything posted here falls under The Official Secret Eater's Act
    • Kered
    • By Kered 13th Jan 19, 10:04 AM
    • 3,288 Posts
    • 18,388 Thanks
    Kered
    I was going to log in and post yesterday but I could not be doing with that troll that was about

Is it just me or does the 60 seconds between posts seem to take longer on a Sunday
    • Zinco
    • By Zinco 13th Jan 19, 11:18 AM
    • 2,013 Posts
    • 3,592 Thanks
    Zinco
    What kind?
    Originally posted by Sleazy

The recyclers didn't collect at all last week, and numpty neighbours have left it out, as it is now blowing a gale loads of of empty bottles, tins, paper etc are littering the street!

• minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 13th Jan 19, 12:13 PM
    • 4,958 Posts
    • 10,387 Thanks
    minimad1970
    My kitchen was supposed to be finished on friday but it's not. Whilst I'm very pleased that it's being done I thought 5 days would've been long enough.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,381Posts Today

8,899Users online

Martin's Twitter