Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,634Posts
    • 28,745Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 444
    • Sunny Intervals
    • By Sunny Intervals 9th Nov 18, 10:47 PM
    • 746 Posts
    • 2,479 Thanks
    Sunny Intervals
    I've stayed up past by use by date again and I'm starting to curdle. I think the whole tradesman thing has thrown my tenuous schedule off. Little p'ed off--it usually take me ages to get back on track.
    Last edited by Sunny Intervals; 09-11-2018 at 10:57 PM.
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 10th Nov 18, 1:55 AM
    • 8,307 Posts
    • 26,039 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    VAT threshold 85k & to stay that way for 2 years (sorry, odds & bits that stay stuck in memory after an budget!) Hardly super-league but I must say it'd be interesting to have that income & problem!

I try to be flattered by net pricing, but the simple truth is I shall have tho find that extra 20% or join the grey economy, deal in cash & hope to heck I don't need the warranty. I amuse myself with this little gizmo - ask for their vat number & run it through. Funny how many small plumbers etc are registered as home bargains & the like, at which point, we can start the negotiation...

However, I arrived here as life is playing nasty tricks on me. For the third night in a row my sleep has been disturbed by this cough & tonight I thought: bark, dash, wind, bark. And leapt from the bed before I disturbed anyone. Bathroom preliminaries (thumping great dressing gown, my natty M&S article being snaffled by moved out firstborn [he & I must have a Little Chat]) complete I was all set to head for the cupasoup doings, when I realised our bedroom light was on. Peeked in apologetically to find himself sat up finishing some Lucullan repast & not a crumb left for me.

To be scrupulously fair I am usually out cold - in health I sleep like one sandbagged & he could have 15 courses with appropriate wines, ices & light entertainments, but tonight I feel somewhat sniffy. As well as snuffly, barking, & peeved [whom I may retain next I need a lawyer.]

It took a great deal of comfort out of the cup-a-chicken-soup.
    Last edited by DigForVictory; 10-11-2018 at 1:57 AM.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 10th Nov 18, 6:20 AM
    • 39,826 Posts
    • 146,721 Thanks
    Pyxis
    VAT threshold 85k & to stay that way for 2 years (sorry, odds & bits that stay stuck in memory after an budget!) Hardly super-league but I must say it'd be interesting to have that income & problem!
    Originally posted by DigForVictory
    Please note, that isn't an income threshold, it's a turnover threshold. Actual income could be, and most probably is, a great deal lower.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 10th Nov 18, 9:36 AM
    • 4,993 Posts
    • 17,004 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Discarded human food on the footpaths
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 75.1
    Total so far - 3486.4
    • Sunny Intervals
    • By Sunny Intervals 10th Nov 18, 11:09 AM
    • 746 Posts
    • 2,479 Thanks
    Sunny Intervals
    I was totally going to do stuff today, but all I've done so far is get back into bed.
    • Sunny Intervals
    • By Sunny Intervals 10th Nov 18, 11:32 AM
    • 746 Posts
    • 2,479 Thanks
    Sunny Intervals
    I've come to the conclusion that some car drivers are part cat. I am basing my theory on their parking choices, which echo the "if it fits, I sits" ethos of cat-kind and don't appear to take into account whether the area is an appropriate place for their car to "sit".
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 10th Nov 18, 12:31 PM
    • 15,118 Posts
    • 20,679 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    According to the weather forecast I'm looking at now, today is sunny with occasional light rain showers.

The reality is that it is barely light enough to see the garden and torrential rain of biblical proportions.

I'm irritated because I had planned to do stuff outdoors.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. - Mark Twain
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 10th Nov 18, 12:33 PM
    • 12,935 Posts
    • 23,960 Thanks
    Sleazy
    According to the weather forecast I'm looking at now, today is sunny with occasional light rain showers.

The reality is that it is barely light enough to see the garden and torrential rain of biblical proportions.

I'm irritated because I had planned to do stuff outdoors.
    Originally posted by Gloomendoom
    Here, it was gloomy but now bright sunshine.
    I wanted to have a nap, but it's almost too light.
    Humans are difficult to please sometimes ....
    (P)earl Of The Alphabetty
    Nabob Of None
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 10th Nov 18, 12:55 PM
    • 39,826 Posts
    • 146,721 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I've come to the conclusion that some car drivers are part cat. I am basing my theory on their parking choices, which echo the "if it fits, I sits" ethos of cat-kind and don't appear to take into account whether the area is an appropriate place for their car to "sit".
    Originally posted by Sunny Intervals
    I passed a ten-ton pick-up 4 x4 thing yesterday, trying desperately to squeeze into a roadside parking space on a shopping street, and holding up the traffic.
    I don't mind waiting for people to parallel park, as I know some people find it difficult, but it was funny how this car so wanted to squeeze into this free space, whereas not thirty yards away was the half-empty car park I had just left, where it cost 1 for 2 hours, and you could get that back by shopping in the M&S food hall adjacent.

If they could afford the huge urban tractor, surely they could stretch to a pound for parking?

People are funny!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 10th Nov 18, 12:57 PM
    • 39,826 Posts
    • 146,721 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Oh for heaven's sake!

I've just opened the bloody curtains, because it was dark and raining, and now the sun's come out and is in my eyes! Aaaaaargh!

And I've just got comfy!

Where are the slaves when you need one?
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 10th Nov 18, 1:48 PM
    • 15,118 Posts
    • 20,679 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    If they could afford the huge urban tractor, surely they could stretch to a pound for parking?

People are funny!
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    My wife drives a Dodge 4x4.

Believe me, it is so thirsty she needs to keep every spare pound to help pay for the fuel.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. - Mark Twain
    • Zinco
    • By Zinco 10th Nov 18, 2:52 PM
    • 756 Posts
    • 1,457 Thanks
    Zinco
    Discarded human food on the footpaths
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id

From the overnight drunks?

Surprised the pigeons haven't found it and eaten it, they do over here.
    • Zinco
    • By Zinco 10th Nov 18, 2:54 PM
    • 756 Posts
    • 1,457 Thanks
    Zinco
    Noise from outside.

Why can't people shut their car doors quietly?

And why do they have to slam/drop their wheelie bin lid down with an almighty thud?
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 10th Nov 18, 4:39 PM
    • 7,935 Posts
    • 14,311 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    The few people around here that have only their windows open - regardless of the weather, when they are playing awful music
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 10th Nov 18, 5:54 PM
    • 7,935 Posts
    • 14,311 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Anyone that is in a public place during 2 min silence and not observing it. It shows yourself up. I remember a few years ago, i was at work during Armistice Day and during the 2 minute silence which we tannoyed the start of it, some rude person asked to be served. Everyone looked at her with a disgusted look. A couple had the guts to tell how disrespectful she was. Also get some people that just talk through it. Rude indeed.

If you are against serving 2 mins silence for whatever reason or you can't, then please don't be in a public place
    • Zinco
    • By Zinco 10th Nov 18, 5:59 PM
    • 756 Posts
    • 1,457 Thanks
    Zinco
    The few people around here that have only their windows open - regardless of the weather, when they are playing awful music
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble

That annoys me too.

And loud yawping voices!
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 10th Nov 18, 6:40 PM
    • 39,826 Posts
    • 146,721 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I can't get used to Doctor Who being on a Sunday and not a Saturday.

Every Saturday so far I've been thinking it will be on, and then being reminded by the TV guide that it's not on tonight.

It's annoying.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 10th Nov 18, 8:10 PM
    • 2,956 Posts
    • 4,071 Thanks
    ceredigion
    I can't get used to Doctor Who being on a Sunday and not a Saturday.

Every Saturday so far I've been thinking it will be on, and then being reminded by the TV guide that it's not on tonight.

It's annoying.
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    Like football, kick off is 3PM Saturday. 4.30 Sunday WTF.
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 11th Nov 18, 4:35 AM
    • 8,307 Posts
    • 26,039 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    Another disturbed night. Which isn't that big a deal, but it is unpleasantly novel.
    Ordinarily my meds mean head-pillow-alarm.
    I believe thanks to the verdampt cough it's now meds-pillow-sleep-wake coughing violently-have a cupasoup [last week I sneered - this week I think they're marvellous] & a whinge here-wait for the systems to settle-pillow-sleep again.

No way to treat friends & I apolgise but at least I'm not sharing this fiend bug.
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 11th Nov 18, 9:04 AM
    • 4,993 Posts
    • 17,004 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    A helicopter buzzing about overhead from 7am.
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 75.1
    Total so far - 3486.4
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,590Posts Today

4,461Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Watching Theresa May... seriously would anyone in their right mind truly want her job right now!

• RT @thecheekypostie: @MartinSLewis Thanks to this, I have just skim read it. To those in Scotland - on page 548, Dounreay is mentioned by n?

• Today's twitter poll: The 585 page draft agreement of the withdrawal of the UK from the EU has been published. A? https://t.co/8YLkPyzqYM

• Follow Martin