Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,636Posts
    • 28,766Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 395
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 14th Oct 18, 5:34 PM
    • 39,960 Posts
    • 147,422 Thanks
    Pyxis
    "....,, my apartment....it's on the corner of Main and Notting".

(I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 14th Oct 18, 5:40 PM
    • 39,960 Posts
    • 147,422 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Socks for the feet, IMDb for the unknown actress, bath/heatpad/paracetamol for your poor creaking body...and I can't help with the rest.

What was the weird word? I had to look up how to spell column and piled earlier because my brain wouldn't co-operate.
    Originally posted by Sunny Intervals
    I've already got socks on, and they are under a duvet as well.

Actress...... don't know her surname.

Can't have a bath because my damaged wrists aren't able to push down on the sides when I want to get out, so I'd have to stay in it for ever.

Word....... it was just strange....a strange construction of a normal word.

However, I have just taken some paracetamol.

Plus, at some stage I will have to get up to go to the loo, so I'll put the bins out then.
    As for the shoes....... I shouldn't really be buying any anyway. Even really beooooooooooootiful ones. Plus, whenever I buy anything from the States, something always goes wrong, so I have escaped that hassle, I suppose.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 14th Oct 18, 5:48 PM
    • 39,960 Posts
    • 147,422 Thanks
    Pyxis
    When I can't remember someone's name, I look up the programme on IMDb and look at the folk's photos. Pretty much everything I watch there's a moment of, "Oh, it's that guy...what do I know him from?"

It wasn't me that did the strange thing to the word, was it? I have a tendency to forget how words are supposed to work and accidentally abuse the English language. It usually makes sense in my head, but not in other people's ears.
    No, not you........it was on a completely different thread, and it appears to be in the dictionary, but it's so very odd.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• colinw
    • By colinw 14th Oct 18, 5:52 PM
    • 54,151 Posts
    • 149,809 Thanks
    colinw
    I have lots of irritations today.

A couple of threads have irritated me.
    A weird word.
    I've got food to use up before it goes off, but I'm not hungry.
    My feet are cold.
    There's a woman on TV and I can't remember which programme she's from.
    A shoe site seems to have lost its UK site and all the prices are in dollars and it won't deliver to the UK.
    Another shoe site, with gorgeous shoes, won't let you buy anything without opening a b****y account, so sod that.
    Lots of bits of me ache.
    I've got to put the bins out and I don't want to move.

Originally posted by Pyxis
    Yeah but apart from that I presume things are going well
    • colinw
    • By colinw 14th Oct 18, 6:03 PM
    • 54,151 Posts
    • 149,809 Thanks
    colinw
    Ouch my teeth hurt they are sensitive....like me oh yes and my achilles knacks! still my cough seems to have gone
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 14th Oct 18, 6:14 PM
    • 39,960 Posts
    • 147,422 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Ouch my teeth hurt they are sensitive....like me oh yes and my achilles knacks! still my cough seems to have gone
    Originally posted by colinw
    At least your teeth don't itch!

Right! Time to put those bins out, then back to bed for the duration.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 14th Oct 18, 7:21 PM
    • 39,960 Posts
    • 147,422 Thanks
    Pyxis
    The loud neighbour has just started hammering again. He's been in all day, but he waits till the evening to start being noisy. Hoping it's not going to go on till after midnight again, else I'm going to have to start tutting and/or seething again.

I'm strangely annoyed that the prickly neighbour--who kept pestering my contractors on the odd weekends they were doing work on the flat--hasn't said anything to this new guy about the late night banging, the door slamming or the loud hallway conversations. Not sure why I deserve special attention.
    Perhaps he thinks he might get thumped by the guy if he were to say anything to him?
    Maybe he doesn't think you'd thump him?
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 14th Oct 18, 7:58 PM
    • 39,960 Posts
    • 147,422 Thanks
    Pyxis
    My contractors were all blokes, though, and at least one of them quite intimidating-looking (he's actually lovely). I look a bit intimidating (buzzcut, bit butch).

My best guesses are a) he doesn't like a woman living here (I'm the only one, so it's the only obvious difference) or b) he had some kind of problem with the bloke who used to live in my flat (I heard a rumour that he caused some sort of problems) and decided to sort me out before I became a problem.
    You could jump around a bit, and yell hi-ya! a few times, then tell him you're a karate champion and you were practising.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• colinw
    • By colinw 14th Oct 18, 9:11 PM
    • 54,151 Posts
    • 149,809 Thanks
    colinw
    Me....prevaricating...I have two jobs to do online, one will take about 30 minutes and the other maybe 1 hour, been putting them off for days.....oh and now the Sun has come out I should go do the back windows!
    and still I prevaricate

Just get on with it Watts

On the plus side a neighbour has just rang to ask are we having any problems with the plumbing, we have for over a week but I did not think it was worth getting anyone in as they were not that bad, anyway they have contacted the water board so hopefully that will get sorted soon
    Last edited by colinw; 14-10-2018 at 9:14 PM.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 15th Oct 18, 8:15 AM
    • 54,151 Posts
    • 149,809 Thanks
    colinw
    and still I prevaricate

Just get on with it Watts

On the plus side a neighbour has just rang to ask are we having any problems with the plumbing, we have for over a week but I did not think it was worth getting anyone in as they were not that bad, anyway they have contacted the water board so hopefully that will get sorted soon
    and still I prevaricate and have not done them
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 15th Oct 18, 8:20 AM
    • 13,179 Posts
    • 24,493 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Prevarication is the name of the game!
    (P)earl Of The Alphabetty
    Nabob Of None
    • colinw
    • By colinw 15th Oct 18, 8:27 AM
    • 54,151 Posts
    • 149,809 Thanks
    colinw
    Prevarication is the name of the game!
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    I get a mental block on stuff if I leave it, I always have done, way back to when I started work, it is like a mental block I don't want to go back to, same with books, if I stop reading one I have a thing that stops me going back to it, hence why I have been trying to read the same book since 2009
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 15th Oct 18, 8:45 AM
    • 13,179 Posts
    • 24,493 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Probably explains why I have a problem with filing home related paperwork.
    It goes in a pile, not a file ....

Also irritated that I've had a bad start to the week as per my number three threads and although I have now had three coffees, my appetite has gone.

What the hell - another coffee or two is unlikely to kill me .... aaaarrrrgggghh!
    Nabob Of None
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 15th Oct 18, 9:02 AM
    • 5,201 Posts
    • 17,548 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Left knee is sore but I can't remember doing anything different to make it thus
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 90.2
    Total so far - 3805.4
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 15th Oct 18, 9:11 AM
    • 13,179 Posts
    • 24,493 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Left knee is sore but I can't remember doing anything different to make it thus
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    Your rain gear rubbing on it in the rain?
    Nabob Of None
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 15th Oct 18, 9:22 AM
    • 5,201 Posts
    • 17,548 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Your rain gear rubbing on it in the rain?
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    Not that simple I fear

This week - 90.2
    Total so far - 3805.4
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 15th Oct 18, 9:43 AM
    • 5,201 Posts
    • 17,548 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    An ebay seller laying the groundwork for a possible late delivery as soon as I made the purchase

This week - 90.2
    Total so far - 3805.4
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 15th Oct 18, 10:15 AM
    • 1,384 Posts
    • 3,395 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    An ebay seller laying the groundwork for a possible late delivery as soon as I made the purchase
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    I had one of those yesterday too, a family bereavement apparently.

Luckily it's not something I need urgently.
    • Sunshinesally
    • By Sunshinesally 15th Oct 18, 1:32 PM
    • 90 Posts
    • 168 Thanks
    Sunshinesally
    Many things.
    The clock in the doctor's surgery is still wrong. I have so far resisted the urge to take it off the wall and change the time myself. Also, touching that germ infested self check in screen, yet they provide no hand sanatizer unit.

Young chavvy men who walk around with one hand permanently down inside the front of their jogging bottoms/pants. Dirty !!!!!!s.

But most annoying was yesterday my son and I we're almost killed by some idiotic tart who drove through the pedestrian crossing at 60mph even though there was a "green man" Grrrr, angry face!
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 15th Oct 18, 4:08 PM
    • 8,424 Posts
    • 26,553 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    Having seen a day & a half of my annual leave devoted to driving from town to town hiking around charity shops for stuff for son to move into his own place with, my husband now has ironing board envy.
    Originally posted by DigForVictory
    Which with his customary grace & charm he is now denying, after I had reserved one for him & my mother had even offered to fund. It seems being female means we cannot do right. (Other than drive, and that's another areas of dissension. All to "be expected within a marriage" no doubt.)

Actually a flatpack viking longship might mean you could send the rubbish downriver & let someone else deal with it? A sort of elegant flytipping? (Anyone got a weblink to this flatpack anyway? I may have a corpse to burn in one shortly.)
    Last edited by DigForVictory; 15-10-2018 at 4:11 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,138Posts Today

7,747Users online

Martin's Twitter