Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,629Posts
    • 28,734Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 395
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 12th Oct 18, 6:38 PM
    • 28,199 Posts
    • 15,471 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    One time when i needed a filling it took four appointments, assessment, hygienist, temporary filling then permanent filling.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 12th Oct 18, 6:42 PM
    • 12,548 Posts
    • 23,067 Thanks
    Sleazy
    I get NHS dental treatment, but have to pay. A few weeks ago when I had a check up (£21-60), the dentist cleaned them at the same time.
    (P)earl Of The Alphabetty
    Nabob Of None
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 12th Oct 18, 6:46 PM
    • 28,199 Posts
    • 15,471 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    I get NHS dental treatment, but have to pay. A few weeks ago when I had a check up (£21-60), the dentist cleaned them at the same time.
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    I believe initial payment covers all future appointments connected to the same treatment.
    • Sunny Intervals
    • By Sunny Intervals 12th Oct 18, 8:45 PM
    • 448 Posts
    • 1,477 Thanks
    Sunny Intervals
    I love the fact that my washing machine beeps to tell me it's finished.
    Originally posted by Pyxis

I didn't mind the washer-dryer beeping, except that it sounded so proud of itself and then handed me wet clothes. It reminds me of this:

http://theawkwardyeti.com/comic/gall-bladders-day/

Wouldn't it be great if you could reboot a brain by turning it off and on again?

oh, hang on.......that's called 'sleep', isn't it?

To be fair, after a very very slow and dozy morning, I got a shocking amount done. Everything's unpacked and I've only got a few bits left to find a home for.
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 12th Oct 18, 9:06 PM
    • 14,909 Posts
    • 20,293 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    I love the fact that my washing machine beeps to tell me it's finished.
    When I bought my wife a new tumble drier*, I bought the one I did because it had blue led lights inside the drum.

*Our household is very traditional when it comes to the division of household chores. At home, I do man stuff, she does woman stuff. At work, we do the same job and get paid the same(ish) for doing it.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain
    • Sunny Intervals
    • By Sunny Intervals 12th Oct 18, 9:28 PM
    • 448 Posts
    • 1,477 Thanks
    Sunny Intervals
    When I bought my wife a new tumble drier*, I bought the one I did because it had blue led lights inside the drum.

*Our household is very traditional when it comes to the division of household chores. At home, I do man stuff, she does woman stuff. At work, we do the same job and get paid the same(ish) for doing it.
    Originally posted by Gloomendoom

Aren't most of the day-to-day household chores traditionally "woman stuff"?
    • coffeehound
    • By coffeehound 13th Oct 18, 8:40 AM
    • 1,898 Posts
    • 3,004 Thanks
    coffeehound
    I am not sure if I am irritated with myself for getting coffee and cake for a third day in a row

I blame the fact the new office is much closer to many branches of Greggs and my new contactless credit card which means I get all this food free
    Originally posted by colinw
    Yes totally agree, contactless is *far* too easy. I might have to go back to a daily cash allowance as now spending too much on ‘incidentals’

When I go to The Arms and read down the threads, I feel like I'm at the wrong end of a very strange interrogation.
    Originally posted by Sunny Intervals
    I lolled.

I didn't mind the washer-dryer beeping, except that it sounded so proud of itself and then handed me wet clothes. It reminds me of this:

http://theawkwardyeti.com/comic/gall-bladders-day/
    Heh. I had one of those washer-dryers and you had to remove half the wash load before drying as that was all it could cope with, perhaps yours is similar?
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 13th Oct 18, 8:50 AM
    • 4,768 Posts
    • 16,493 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Lethargy
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 81.2
    Total so far - 3257.1
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 13th Oct 18, 8:57 AM
    • 12,548 Posts
    • 23,067 Thanks
    Sleazy

Wouldn't it be great if you could reboot a brain by turning it off and on again?

oh, hang on.......that's called 'sleep', isn't it?

My shrink calls 'Electric Shock Therapy' rebooting the brain.
    Nabob Of None
    • Sunny Intervals
    • By Sunny Intervals 13th Oct 18, 9:03 AM
    • 448 Posts
    • 1,477 Thanks
    Sunny Intervals
    I was hoping the weather would have finished its tantrum by today, but it's still kicking everything about.

I bought some over-door hooks. They don't fit properly (my own fault for not measuring). They also look like they're very happy to see me and it's a little intimidating (I'm a lesbian, we don't usually have to deal with that sort of behaviour).

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8755333
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 13th Oct 18, 9:08 AM
    • 14,529 Posts
    • 56,402 Thanks
    joansgirl

I bought some over-door hooks. They don't fit properly (my own fault for not measuring). They also look like they're very happy to see me and it's a little intimidating (I'm a lesbian, we don't usually have to deal with that sort of behaviour).

Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
    • colinw
    • By colinw 13th Oct 18, 9:40 AM
    • 53,579 Posts
    • 148,196 Thanks
    colinw
    Yes totally agree, contactless is *far* too easy. I might have to go back to a daily cash allowance as now spending too much on ‘incidentals’

I lolled.

Heh. I had one of those washer-dryers and you had to remove half the wash load before drying as that was all it could cope with, perhaps yours is similar?
    Originally posted by coffeehound
    It makes buying dohnuts to easy I must cut back next week
    • HighamKneeDee
    • By HighamKneeDee 13th Oct 18, 10:30 AM
    • 320 Posts
    • 404 Thanks
    HighamKneeDee
    I'm pretty certain that I posted at approximately 4am this morning on a totally harmless thread about what the last text you sent was. Did I dream it?
    Audere est Facere
    • Sunny Intervals
    • By Sunny Intervals 13th Oct 18, 11:41 AM
    • 448 Posts
    • 1,477 Thanks
    Sunny Intervals
    I've just realised I need one more item of furniture. It's going to take over a week to get here, though, so I can't be officially finished until then.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 13th Oct 18, 11:45 AM
    • 12,548 Posts
    • 23,067 Thanks
    Sleazy
    I'm pretty certain that I posted at approximately 4am this morning on a totally harmless thread about what the last text you sent was. Did I dream it?
    Originally posted by HighamKneeDee
    I posted there too, but at about 0800. May I assume that it's gone then?

Edit - Indeed has gone. There was also one that was about the Last Text That You Received which has disappeared too. The poster who started the threads is still here.
    Last edited by Sleazy; 13-10-2018 at 11:49 AM.
    Nabob Of None
    • Sunny Intervals
    • By Sunny Intervals 13th Oct 18, 1:02 PM
    • 448 Posts
    • 1,477 Thanks
    Sunny Intervals
    Bolster pillow: great for when your back/hips are playing up, but an utter PITA to store away. I'm scared to vacuum bag it in case it doesn't refluff. Haven't squished my duvet for the same reason, even though I only use it for a couple of months a year.

ETA - I have given in and ordered the vacuum bags. So now my irritation is that I seem to be haemorrhaging cash at the moment.
    Last edited by Sunny Intervals; 13-10-2018 at 2:04 PM.
    • tommix
    • By tommix 13th Oct 18, 2:00 PM
    • 37,498 Posts
    • 147,535 Thanks
    tommix
    Don't panic this is not one of my silly jokes! This actually happened 3 hours ago..

Me) "Doctor Doctor I've come for my Flu Jab!"

Doctor) "Is there any particular reason why you want a Flu Jab?"

Me) "Yes, I don't want to catch Measles this Winter"

Of course I didn't answer his question in this way as he didn't seem the sort of chap who would respond favourably to witty sarcasm.

However I find it irritating that he put me in a position where I had to censor all my natural instincts and come up with a credible response. I finally settled on.."Uh well er..I have it every year"

That's all Folks!
    Last edited by tommix; 13-10-2018 at 2:03 PM.
    • Sunny Intervals
    • By Sunny Intervals 13th Oct 18, 2:03 PM
    • 448 Posts
    • 1,477 Thanks
    Sunny Intervals
    I'm awful for panicking and giving inappropriate answers. I probably would have told him I have a needle fetish or I heard they were in fashion this season or something.
    • tommix
    • By tommix 13th Oct 18, 2:14 PM
    • 37,498 Posts
    • 147,535 Thanks
    tommix
    I'm awful for panicking and giving inappropriate answers. I probably would have told him I have a needle fetish or I heard they were in fashion this season or something.

Yeah I'm lousy at thinking on my feet..If someone asks me awkward questions, I normally have to lie down for a couple of hours.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 13th Oct 18, 2:16 PM
    • 53,579 Posts
    • 148,196 Thanks
    colinw
    I was hoping the weather would have finished its tantrum by today, but it's still kicking everything about.

Can you get hooks based on sexual preference

Now I have a vision of Gene Hunt in my head saying “Ooks, Door Ooks”

Don't panic this is not one of my silly jokes! This actually happened 3 hours ago..

Me) "Doctor Doctor I've come for my Flu Jab!"

Doctor) "Is there any particular reason why you want a Flu Jab?"

Me) "Yes, I don't want to catch Measles this Winter"

Of course I didn't answer his question in this way as he didn't seem the sort of chap who would respond favourably to witty sarcasm.

However I find it irritating that he put me in a position where I had to censor all my natural instincts and come up with a credible response. I finally settled on.."Uh well er..I have it every year"

That's all Folks!
    Originally posted by tommix
    It’s daft they ask though pretty obvious why you want it
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,892Posts Today

9,276Users online

Martin's Twitter