Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,629Posts
    • 28,734Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 394
    • HighamKneeDee
    • By HighamKneeDee 12th Oct 18, 10:48 AM
    • 320 Posts
    • 405 Thanks
    HighamKneeDee
    Hmm I never saw that thread then again I was quite busy last week for a change

and as the the butter question ermm I would say top right and the hangnail would be no
    Originally posted by colinw
    It was about a week ago. Appeared one day, gone by 4am the next. It was a poll by sleazy around if you had cheated and if you'd confessed. A few had answered by my bedtime, not many, some of the usual subjects admitted to it, some with perverse glee. I got up the next day and it was gone.

By the way, I have never cheated. Been cheated upon, got my satisfaction when she begged me to take her back. On your bike, literally, because I kept the car.......and the house. Couldn't be happier now, new long term partner and a big grin on my face.
    Audere est Facere
    • colinw
    • By colinw 12th Oct 18, 10:53 AM
    • 53,606 Posts
    • 148,288 Thanks
    colinw
    It was about a week ago. Appeared one day, gone by 4am the next. It was a poll by sleazy around if you had cheated and if you'd confessed. A few had answered by my bedtime, not many, some of the usual subjects admitted to it, some with perverse glee. I got up the next day and it was gone.

By the way, I have never cheated. Been cheated upon, got my satisfaction when she begged me to take her back. On your bike, literally, because I kept the car.......and the house. Couldn't be happier now, new long term partner and a big grin on my face.
    Originally posted by HighamKneeDee
    That is good to know anyway I am glad it worked out well for you
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 12th Oct 18, 11:12 AM
    • 39,465 Posts
    • 145,311 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I'm irritated because I'm getting irritated by things I shouldn't be getting irritated about.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    • Sunny Intervals
    • By Sunny Intervals 12th Oct 18, 11:34 AM
    • 466 Posts
    • 1,534 Thanks
    Sunny Intervals
    My new washer-dryer is very impressive. It has a timer and it beeps. Unfortunately, it also has a rather odd definition of "cupboard dry"--hot, but sopping wet.

I was totally going to get on with the last bit of unpacking/sorting today, but even paperwork and putting things in cupboards seems to be a bridge too far today. I put the laundry on and returned to bed. Will try again later.
    • Sunny Intervals
    • By Sunny Intervals 12th Oct 18, 11:36 AM
    • 466 Posts
    • 1,534 Thanks
    Sunny Intervals
    Speaking of beeps, I hate that my microwave beeps when I push the buttons to set the time, so 3 min 30 secs would be six beeps (3x 1 min button and 3x 10 sec button). It's both annoying and unnecessary. All I need is one beep to tell me it's finished cooking.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 12th Oct 18, 12:13 PM
    • 12,583 Posts
    • 23,140 Thanks
    Sleazy
    My new washer-dryer is very impressive. It has a timer and it beeps. Unfortunately, it also has a rather odd definition of "cupboard dry"--hot, but sopping wet.

Originally posted by Sunny Intervals
    Speaking of beeps, I hate that my microwave beeps when I push the buttons to set the time, so 3 min 30 secs would be six beeps (3x 1 min button and 3x 10 sec button). It's both annoying and unnecessary. All I need is one beep to tell me it's finished cooking.
    Beepin' Hell!
    (P)earl Of The Alphabetty
    Nabob Of None
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 12th Oct 18, 12:26 PM
    • 4,794 Posts
    • 16,550 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    I can understand that people like to have their headphones on when out jogging but to have the volume so loud that they can't hear a warning about a cyclist approaching them from the rear is just stupid.
    The said cyclist not only had headphones on as well but was looking at her phone while cycling along.

The resulting near miss should have made me smile but I was busy trying to control my dog whose barking at the cyclist was the only thing that either of the 2 of them heard, if he had not barked there would have been a definite collision.
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 81.2
    Total so far - 3257.1
    • Sunny Intervals
    • By Sunny Intervals 12th Oct 18, 12:41 PM
    • 466 Posts
    • 1,534 Thanks
    Sunny Intervals
    I can understand that people like to have their headphones on when out jogging but to have the volume so loud that they can't hear a warning about a cyclist approaching them from the rear is just stupid.
    The said cyclist not only had headphones on as well but was looking at her phone while cycling along.

The resulting near miss should have made me smile but I was busy trying to control my dog whose barking at the cyclist was the only thing that either of the 2 of them heard, if he had not barked there would have been a definite collision.
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    It sounds like they're both in training for the Darwin Award.

I put a few things away, but then I must have spent a full minute just sitting there with a knife and fork because I forgot to take my "food" out of the microwave.

I think it would probably be best for everyone if I just build a blanket fort and re-emerge tomorrow, sort of like a turn-it-off-and-on-again tech fix.
    • Sunny Intervals
    • By Sunny Intervals 12th Oct 18, 12:44 PM
    • 466 Posts
    • 1,534 Thanks
    Sunny Intervals
    This weather's obviously causing issues--just heard my 4th or 5th siren of the day. I hate windy weather and I can't get get my head around calling a storm Callum--it makes it sound like it's going to get drunk and vomit on its mum's petunias. No-one's going to take a storm called Callum seriously.
    Last edited by Sunny Intervals; 12-10-2018 at 12:47 PM.
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 12th Oct 18, 12:48 PM
    • 1,272 Posts
    • 3,107 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    Let me guess, is it a condenser dryer?
    • Sunny Intervals
    • By Sunny Intervals 12th Oct 18, 1:55 PM
    • 466 Posts
    • 1,534 Thanks
    Sunny Intervals
    Let me guess, is it a condenser dryer?
    Originally posted by NaughtiusMaximus
    No, it drains into the waste pipe, it's just being a tw*t. It turns out the cure is to ignore the fancy sensor and just set it to dry for x minutes.

ETA - I actually had a condenser dryer in the old place. It worked very well and I liked not having to mess about with the giant hose.
    Last edited by Sunny Intervals; 12-10-2018 at 3:54 PM.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 12th Oct 18, 2:43 PM
    • 53,606 Posts
    • 148,288 Thanks
    colinw
    I am not sure if I am irritated with myself for getting coffee and cake for a third day in a row

I blame the fact the new office is much closer to many branches of Greggs and my new contactless credit card which means I get all this food free
    • Sunny Intervals
    • By Sunny Intervals 12th Oct 18, 3:57 PM
    • 466 Posts
    • 1,534 Thanks
    Sunny Intervals
    When I go to The Arms and read down the threads, I feel like I'm at the wrong end of a very strange interrogation.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 12th Oct 18, 4:11 PM
    • 53,606 Posts
    • 148,288 Thanks
    colinw
    When I go to The Arms and read down the threads, I feel like I'm at the wrong end of a very strange interrogation.
    Ha Ha I see what you mean
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 12th Oct 18, 6:24 PM
    • 39,465 Posts
    • 145,311 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I love the fact that my washing machine beeps to tell me it's finished.

I think it would probably be best for everyone if I just build a blanket fort and re-emerge tomorrow, sort of like a turn-it-off-and-on-again tech fix.

Wouldn't it be great if you could reboot a brain by turning it off and on again?

oh, hang on.......that's called 'sleep', isn't it?
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 12th Oct 18, 6:26 PM
    • 28,199 Posts
    • 15,472 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Had check up at dentist and what a surprise she wants me to see the hygienist. Why dont they save time and let the hygienist do check ups and i am sure if theres anything that warrants the dentists attention they can say so.
    They just love wasting my time.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 12th Oct 18, 6:27 PM
    • 12,583 Posts
    • 23,140 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Had check up at dentist and what a surprise she wants me to see the hygienist. Why dont they save time and let the hygienist do check ups and i am sure if theres anything that warrants the dentists attention they can say so.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    And money?
    (P)earl Of The Alphabetty
    Nabob Of None
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 12th Oct 18, 6:30 PM
    • 39,465 Posts
    • 145,311 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    I always book the hygienist and the dentist check-up to run straight after each other.

However well I clean, scrape and floss my teeth, the hygienist always manages to find something, so I save time by always booking both together.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 12th Oct 18, 6:31 PM
    • 28,199 Posts
    • 15,472 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    And money?
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    No, luckily i qualify for free treatment and its a nhs dentist anyway so wouldnt be too expensive. They may well be wasting nhs money though.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 12th Oct 18, 6:35 PM
    • 28,199 Posts
    • 15,472 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    I always book the hygienist and the dentist check-up to run straight after each other.

However well I clean, scrape and floss my teeth, the hygienist always manages to find something, so I save time by always booking both together.
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    I am not sure i can do that. I think i have to do it as they want it done. The previous dentist who retired was more efficient and would do the cleaning at the same time himself. He was brutal though.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,884Posts Today

7,511Users online

Martin's Twitter