Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,637Posts
    • 28,769Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 394
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 14th Oct 18, 6:52 AM
    • 13,312 Posts
    • 24,803 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Now, I know I had a bit of flat-packing to do, but I kept the banging to a minimum, didn't start until after 10am and stopped before 6pm. The bloke who moved in just after me is hammering something now. It's nearly 10pm FFS. This is the same neighbour who doesn't understand the concept of closing a door and has been repeatedly banging the communal door so hard I can feel the vibrations.
    Originally posted by Sunny Intervals
    "I can hammer longer and stronger than you can, so there"!

Why not knock on his door, ask to borrow his hammer, then don't give it back?
    Last edited by Sleazy; 14-10-2018 at 6:54 AM.
    (P)earl Of The Alphabetty
    Nabob Of None
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 14th Oct 18, 8:53 AM
    • 13,312 Posts
    • 24,803 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Knocking the door isn't an option, unfortunately (mental health stuff). I'm going with the fine British traditions of tutting and seething.
    One of our neighbours is to quote another neighbour "as thick as ....".
    I'm also tutting and seething, whilst trying to control my psychopathic tendencies.

Sleazy ... leave your axe in the shed .... we don't do that on Sunday ....
    Nabob Of None
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 14th Oct 18, 9:03 AM
    • 14,769 Posts
    • 57,242 Thanks
    joansgirl
    This morning when I walked Bailie it was hammering with rain. It's too hot to wear full wet gear and I couldn't wear a waterproof coat without wearing waterproof bottoms as the rain runs off the coat and makes your trouser legs wet.

So I opted for wearing just a normal, non waterproof, coat. Wrong
    The rain went straight through the coat and soaked me through to the skin within about 5 minutes. And me bottoms got soaked as well
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 14th Oct 18, 9:07 AM
    • 5,296 Posts
    • 17,802 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    This morning when I walked Bailie it was hammering with rain. It's too hot to wear full wet gear and I couldn't wear a waterproof coat without wearing waterproof bottoms as the rain runs off the coat and makes your trouser legs wet.

So I opted for wearing just a normal, non waterproof, coat. Wrong
    The rain went straight through the coat and soaked me through to the skin within about 5 minutes. And me bottoms got soaked as well
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    Nothing worse than a wet bottom

I know what you mean though, I did most of my dog walking yesterday with no clothes on under my waterproofs, just my undies and socks.
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 80.8
    Total so far - 3886.2
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 14th Oct 18, 9:09 AM
    • 39,981 Posts
    • 147,549 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Knocking the door isn't an option, unfortunately (mental health stuff). I'm going with the fine British traditions of tutting and seething.
    One of our neighbours is to quote another neighbour "as thick as ....".
    I'm also tutting and seething, whilst trying to control my psychopathic tendencies.

Sleazy ... leave your axe in the shed .... we don't do that on Sunday ....
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    You lot, tutting and seething. Humph. I'm above all that.
    I would not tut and seethe.
    Oh no..
    I am seething and tutting.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 14th Oct 18, 9:31 AM
    • 14,769 Posts
    • 57,242 Thanks
    joansgirl

I know what you mean though, I did most of my dog walking yesterday with no clothes on under my waterproofs, just my undies and socks.
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    Yeah, that's the sensible thing to do but I'm a bit paranoid about something happening to the bottoms, like them ripping or falling apart and then I'd have to do the walk of bottomless embarrassment
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 14th Oct 18, 9:33 AM
    • 39,981 Posts
    • 147,549 Thanks
    Pyxis

Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    Where is Sleazy's old beige mac avatar when you need it?
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 14th Oct 18, 9:34 AM
    • 13,312 Posts
    • 24,803 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Yeah, that's the sensible thing to do but I'm a bit paranoid about something happening to the bottoms, like them ripping or falling apart and then I'd have to do the walk of bottomless embarrassment
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    Dare I say "That sounds cheeky"?
    There, I've said it ....
    Nabob Of None
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 14th Oct 18, 1:30 PM
    • 8,443 Posts
    • 26,625 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    Having seen a day & a half of my annual leave devoted to driving from town to town hiking around charity shops for stuff for son to move into his own place with, my husband now has ironing board envy.
    Last edited by DigForVictory; 15-10-2018 at 4:03 PM.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 14th Oct 18, 2:57 PM
    • 54,231 Posts
    • 150,017 Thanks
    colinw
    I tried to watch Notting Hill, having heard such good things about it for years. I lasted a whole 14 minutes. It's utterly mind-numbing.
    Typical Richard Curtis / Hugh Grant !!!!!
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 14th Oct 18, 3:34 PM
    • 4,730 Posts
    • 4,414 Thanks
    dekaspace
    Half term so since Friday upstairs neighbours have been having guests/relatives round who bring their own kids and its noisy from 7am-midnight every day with screaming kids, laughing adults. people shouting on stairwell.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 14th Oct 18, 3:37 PM
    • 54,231 Posts
    • 150,017 Thanks
    colinw
    I think this is the only one of his lots-of-famous-folk romancey things I've seen...I might have watched Bridget Jones a few years ago--I genuinely can't remember if I watched the actual film or just a trailer for it.

Didn't he write Blackadder? Blackadder is brilliant, but this is just...it's the film equivalent of toast that hasn't been toasted properly, so you've get yourself all set up for toast and suddenly you're just eating warm bread.

Hugh Grant just seems to be playing Hugh Grant.
    Hugh Grant always plays Hugh Grant until.....he played Jeremy Thorpe this year and I do believe I actually saw him act

Those films are always a version of Britian that I do not recognise, maybe they are meant for the American market with those Wacky Brits

I liked Blackadder, nice poignant ending....

if it was Richard Curtis toast it would probable come with crushed avocado on linseed and quinoa bread
    Last edited by colinw; 14-10-2018 at 4:05 PM. Reason: I finally found the bread type I was looking for
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 14th Oct 18, 3:45 PM
    • 4,730 Posts
    • 4,414 Thanks
    dekaspace
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKSGdByaUIA
    • colinw
    • By colinw 14th Oct 18, 4:06 PM
    • 54,231 Posts
    • 150,017 Thanks
    colinw
    That sums it all up nicely
    • colinw
    • By colinw 14th Oct 18, 4:28 PM
    • 54,231 Posts
    • 150,017 Thanks
    colinw
    Me....prevaricating...I have two jobs to do online, one will take about 30 minutes and the other maybe 1 hour, been putting them off for days.....oh and now the Sun has come out I should go do the back windows!
    • colinw
    • By colinw 14th Oct 18, 4:29 PM
    • 54,231 Posts
    • 150,017 Thanks
    colinw
    You know, I rather like avocado, but I've never had it on toast. Maybe it's because I'm at the wrong end of the millenial age range? Wait...I had guacamole on toast once! I'd bought it to try and wasn't sure what to do with it, so I stuck it on toast. Does that count?

Yeah that counts it is the latest cool thing to have apparently, crushed Avocado on toast
    • colinw
    • By colinw 14th Oct 18, 4:33 PM
    • 54,231 Posts
    • 150,017 Thanks
    colinw
    I can't get on board with quinoa, though. It tastes funny and it looks like some kind of worm egg.
    I think I had some linseed and Quinioa toast on holidays once and was not impressed but then I am common!
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 14th Oct 18, 4:41 PM
    • 13,312 Posts
    • 24,803 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Having seen a day & a half of my annual leave devoted to driving from ton to town hiking around charity shops for stuff for son to move into his own place with, my husband now has ironing board envy.
    Originally posted by DigForVictory
    I think that we do still have an Ironing board and iron somewhere.
    Mrs. Sleazy delights in telling me that she doesn't do ironing, and that I do it better. I can't argue, but I just don't do it.

I look like a sack of potatoes whatever I wear anyway.
    Nabob Of None
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 14th Oct 18, 4:43 PM
    • 13,312 Posts
    • 24,803 Thanks
    Sleazy
    I can't get on board with quinoa, though. It tastes funny and it looks like some kind of worm egg.
    I think I had some linseed and Quinioa toast on holidays once and was not impressed but then I am common!
    Originally posted by colinw
    Squeeze me you two. I bought some quinoa and berry stuff yesterday and was planning to 'enjoy' it tomorrow!

I've had quinoa before and find it 'ok'.
    Nabob Of None
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 14th Oct 18, 5:26 PM
    • 39,981 Posts
    • 147,549 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Hugh Grant always plays Hugh Grant until.....he played Jeremy Thorpe this year and I do believe I actually saw him act

Those films are always a version of Britian that I do not recognise, maybe they are meant for the American market with those Wacky Brits

I liked Blackadder, nice poignant ending....

if it was Richard Curtis toast it would probable come with crushed avocado on linseed and quinoa bread
    Originally posted by colinw
    I have lots of irritations today.

A couple of threads have irritated me.
    A weird word.
    I've got food to use up before it goes off, but I'm not hungry.
    My feet are cold.
    There's a woman on TV and I can't remember which programme she's from.
    A shoe site seems to have lost its UK site and all the prices are in dollars and it won't deliver to the UK.
    Another shoe site, with gorgeous shoes, won't let you buy anything without opening a b****y account, so sod that.
    Lots of bits of me ache.
    I've got to put the bins out and I don't want to move.

(I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,701Posts Today

4,553Users online

Martin's Twitter