Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,629Posts
    • 28,729Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 352
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 10th Aug 18, 4:16 PM
    • 39,212 Posts
    • 144,492 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I'm not even sure what one is.

She's not staying in very long?
    Originally posted by Gloomendoom
    It's a horrible American thing where you invite as many people round as you can think of, ply them with food and drink, on the understanding that they all bring you a present of some sort of baby equipment/clothes etc.

I mean, this is before the baby is born!

Quite apart from the tempting fate thing, it's sort of forcing people to give you something, and with everyone else there watching, are you really going to come with just a dummy?

Ridiculous idea!

The time for presents is afterwards!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 10th Aug 18, 6:48 PM
    • 4,663 Posts
    • 4,247 Thanks
    dekaspace
    Was in bank wanting to change some details, I went to get them off my phone and had zero signal so apologised and went to get them off a letter in my bag, whole thing took under a minute from getting served to getting the letter but the guy behind wasn't patient and started effing and blinding about the wait "gods sake" F this, "certain people shouldn't be allowed a bank account etc" then when another customer came up talk about "some people" and whinge how they had a bad day etc.

Even the counter staff member was miserable.

I was in a part of the city where I haven't been before with a reputation of being miserable, thought that was just hearsay but guess not!
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 10th Aug 18, 7:56 PM
    • 2,917 Posts
    • 3,978 Thanks
    ceredigion
    Was in bank wanting to change some details, I went to get them off my phone and had zero signal so apologised and went to get them off a letter in my bag, whole thing took under a minute from getting served to getting the letter but the guy behind wasn't patient and started effing and blinding about the wait "gods sake" F this, "certain people shouldn't be allowed a bank account etc" then when another customer came up talk about "some people" and whinge how they had a bad day etc.

Even the counter staff member was miserable.

I was in a part of the city where I haven't been before with a reputation of being miserable, thought that was just hearsay but guess not!
    Originally posted by dekaspace
    There is a new concept called, online banking
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 10th Aug 18, 8:02 PM
    • 39,212 Posts
    • 144,492 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Originally posted by ceredigion
    Wash your mouth out with soap!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 10th Aug 18, 8:30 PM
    • 4,663 Posts
    • 4,247 Thanks
    dekaspace
    Originally posted by ceredigion

Yeah well aware of it been using I think over 10 years now but this was for an account I don't use very often, I was passing by the branch at random, and never used online banking with this bank (do with my main) as it has a over complicated system, rather than just a online account number password and security questions it also adds extra stages of numbers to remember which are around 20 digits long.
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 10th Aug 18, 11:39 PM
    • 14,886 Posts
    • 20,233 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    It appears that I need to replace my trusty old Motorola phone in order to take advantage of the 4G network so I went into a phone shop to look at the latest version. It's massive!

I carry my current phone in my trouser pocket. If I did that with the latest version, I'd risk castrating myself whenever I sat down. Every phone in the place seemed to be of a similar gargantuan size or even bigger. The only exception was an Iphone something. Perfect size, massive price tag.

Meanwhile, my wife has ordered a shiny new reasonably priced Moto G6. She keeps her phone in her handbag so no risk of castration.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 11th Aug 18, 7:03 PM
    • 28,186 Posts
    • 15,448 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    It appears that I need to replace my trusty old Motorola phone in order to take advantage of the 4G network so I went into a phone shop to look at the latest version. It's massive!

I carry my current phone in my trouser pocket. If I did that with the latest version, I'd risk castrating myself whenever I sat down. Every phone in the place seemed to be of a similar gargantuan size or even bigger. The only exception was an Iphone something. Perfect size, massive price tag.

Meanwhile, my wife has ordered a shiny new reasonably priced Moto G6. She keeps her phone in her handbag so no risk of castration.
    Originally posted by Gloomendoom
    Sony do compact versions of certain models. The latest is the xz2 compact. The older xz1 will be cheaper though. My network refuses to let us use 4g on payg unless we buy what they call a pack. We just use wifi instead.
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 11th Aug 18, 7:29 PM
    • 14,886 Posts
    • 20,233 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    Sony do compact versions of certain models. The latest is the xz2 compact. The older xz1 will be cheaper though. My network refuses to let us use 4g on payg unless we buy what they call a pack. We just use wifi instead.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    Thanks. I did look at the Sony phones but they weren't that small and had nasty sharp corners that would dig in when in my pocket.
    They also had fake displays so I couldn't really judge what I was buying.

I'm on 3 PAYG and they have no restrictions on 4G. I'm really pleased with them as we travel abroad fairly frequently and their feel at home rates are are excellent.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 11th Aug 18, 9:08 PM
    • 12,408 Posts
    • 22,722 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Women smoking pipes.
    (P)earl Of The Alphabetty
    Nabob Of None
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 11th Aug 18, 9:19 PM
    • 39,212 Posts
    • 144,492 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Anybody smoking pipes.

Anybody smoking.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 12th Aug 18, 7:46 AM
    • 12,408 Posts
    • 22,722 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Spontaneous Human Combustion
    And fires in wheelie bins
    Both produce too much smoke!
    (P)earl Of The Alphabetty
    Nabob Of None
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 12th Aug 18, 11:18 AM
    • 4,704 Posts
    • 16,327 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Anybody smoking pipes.

Anybody smoking.
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    It is the residual stench that gets right up my nose
    I have been stopped smoking for over 25 years and while I dislike the smell of the smoke, the stench that hangs about doorways, clothing and furniture after the smoker has gone is really awful.

Those vaping pipes are not much better and the people using them just seem to puff out wads of smoke without actually inhaling it, I can't see the point in that
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 87.3
    Total so far - 3175.9
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 12th Aug 18, 1:36 PM
    • 4,179 Posts
    • 13,603 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    That residual stench from smoking is horrible.
    I used to smoke, but these days I actually object to people standing in public places smoking.
    It stinks.
    And standing in a queue or something with smokers you can smell it on them.
    "Luck happens where hard work meets opportunity"
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 12th Aug 18, 1:53 PM
    • 1,223 Posts
    • 2,981 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    Originally posted by Jackmydad
    I feel the same, I think the smell of stale cigarette smoke on clothes or in a smokers house is far worse than an actual lit fag.
    • tommix
    • By tommix 12th Aug 18, 2:26 PM
    • 37,472 Posts
    • 147,457 Thanks
    tommix
    Women smoking pipes.
    Originally posted by Sleazy

I used to go out with a women who smoked a pipe. Name of, Shirleylock Holmes..
    • tommix
    • By tommix 12th Aug 18, 2:30 PM
    • 37,472 Posts
    • 147,457 Thanks
    tommix
    I used to smoke, but these days I actually object to people standing in public places smoking.
    It stinks.

I smoke. However I'm a considerate smoker and I always make a point of standing next to a chimney when I light up.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 12th Aug 18, 2:31 PM
    • 39,212 Posts
    • 144,492 Thanks
    Pyxis
    It stinks.
    One thing that can be very annoying is when, on a nice warm day, you sit in the outdoor bit of a cafè, order lunch, lunch comes, you start eating it, and then someone on the next table to you lights up a cigarette, and you are downwind of it.

Now, I know that technically it's outside, and they are technically allowed to smoke, but in my view, outside eating areas should be subject to the same rules. After all, if you can smell it, then you are breathing it in, and a lot of outside areas have canopies or awnings which contain the smoke to some extent.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• tommix
    • By tommix 12th Aug 18, 2:33 PM
    • 37,472 Posts
    • 147,457 Thanks
    tommix
    I feel the same, I think the smell of stale cigarette smoke on clothes or in a smokers house is far worse than an actual lit fag.
    Originally posted by NaughtiusMaximus

I also make a point of only smoking when I'm naked...So if ever you come across a naked man standing next to a chimney puffing away on a woodbine..That'll be me.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 12th Aug 18, 2:37 PM
    • 39,212 Posts
    • 144,492 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I also make a point of only smoking when I'm naked...So if ever you come across a naked man standing next to a chimney puffing away on a woodbine..That'll be me.
    Originally posted by tommix
    I'll remember that.

One way of identifying you. Not as many chimneys about as there used to be.

Come to think of it.........can you even still get Woodbines?
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• tommix
    • By tommix 12th Aug 18, 2:44 PM
    • 37,472 Posts
    • 147,457 Thanks
    tommix
    One thing that can be very annoying is when, on a nice warm day, you sit in the outdoor bit of a cafè, order lunch, lunch comes, you start eating it, and then someone on the next table to you lights up a cigarette, and you are downwind of it.

Now, I know that technically it's outside, and they are technically allowed to smoke, but in my view, outside eating areas should be subject to the same rules. After all, if you can smell it, then you are breathing it in, and a lot of outside areas have canopies or awnings which contain the smoke to some extent.
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    I agree with this..I never smoke in public eating areas. If I want to smoke in that situation, I usually scurry off round the back of the Cafe and have a quick puff by the Bins.

Ok, It takes some of the romance out of enjoying an Al fresco Cappucinno with your loved one..But it's a small sacrifice I am prepared to make in order that others may enjoy their Coffee and Danish in a smoke free environment..I'm good like that.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

196Posts Today

1,491Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Lovely package on #newsnight just now about Brexit hitchhiking, livened up what has been not the most exciting show.

• Is this is a serious tweet or a joke? Why did I mention he was a cyclist - because he was a cyclist. Eh? https://t.co/F1SP7UJZkH

• How awful Mark. This is why those people who take risks on the road, have to realise while they think they're gamb? https://t.co/berU23vQOU

• Follow Martin