Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,629Posts
    • 28,734Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 351
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 8th Aug 18, 7:43 PM
    • 4,783 Posts
    • 16,515 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    My dog has a single whisker that points back up towards his eye, almost in it but not quite and it drives me insane every time I see it
    I am so tempted to clip it off but he is so jittery, I am scared to try
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 81.2
    Total so far - 3257.1
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 8th Aug 18, 10:37 PM
    • 28,199 Posts
    • 15,472 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Health worries and how i dont want to go to the doctor because they either tell you you will die tomorrow or they dont do anything at all when you know theres something that should be investigated.
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 8th Aug 18, 11:07 PM
    • 4,664 Posts
    • 4,253 Thanks
    dekaspace
    Taking apart my xbox one and had 4 awkward screws, think I don't have the exact screw head managed to get 3 of them out leaving me 1 screw left to remove.

No matter what I do I can't remove it! The rest worked with a close enough match to the shape and force (without stripping the screw) this last one refuses to grip!!
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 9th Aug 18, 5:40 AM
    • 39,435 Posts
    • 145,234 Thanks
    Pyxis
    My internet went yesterday evening, and I couldn't log out.

Really annoys me when I can't log out.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 9th Aug 18, 5:48 AM
    • 39,435 Posts
    • 145,234 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Manufacturers that think that if they inundate you with the same ad about their product, over and over again, especially using an annoying song, that you will be brainwashed into rushing out and buying it.

NO! I WON'T!

But what I will do is never, ever buy your product, because you have driven me so bonkers with that annoying ad, over and over again, to the extent that I would rather stick pins in my eyes than go anywhere near it, let alone spend money on it or bring it into my home!

Yes! I'm talking to YOU, Branston Pickle, on Classic FM!

(I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 9th Aug 18, 8:42 AM
    • 12,568 Posts
    • 23,100 Thanks
    Sleazy

Originally posted by Pyxis
    Now I'm irritated because I don't know if you're really here or I'm talking mumbling to myself.
    (P)earl Of The Alphabetty
    Nabob Of None
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 9th Aug 18, 8:45 AM
    • 39,435 Posts
    • 145,234 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Now I'm irritated because I don't know if you're really here or I'm talking mumbling to myself.
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    I am really here!

So be afraid! Be verrrrrrry afraid!

(Even if I weren't here at the moment, I would read your posts eventually, so mumble away! )
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• joho
    • By joho 9th Aug 18, 10:29 AM
    • 3,988 Posts
    • 13,994 Thanks
    joho
    When you email one person and they have to reply to you and 4 other people, who don't need to be part of the conversation and don't need more emails clogging their inbox.

It's like a form of telling tales or something. Petty and childish.
    There - in that place; they're - they are; their - owned by them.
    If you have nothing constructive to say, just move along.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 9th Aug 18, 5:38 PM
    • 28,199 Posts
    • 15,472 Thanks
    donnajunkie

Originally posted by Pyxis
    Just deleting temp internet files and cache effectively logs you out.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 9th Aug 18, 7:11 PM
    • 7,877 Posts
    • 14,171 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Eye surgery postponed due to cornea too thin to have procedure done in treatment room. Needs to be done in the theatre. Hospital staff are saying they will start getting something sorted this afternoon or tomorrow for a rescheduled date. Need something soon. I!!!8217;m an emotional wreck. If not rescheduled before a certain date then it!!!8217;s needs to be in October as on holiday then end of September, I have a special day out and can!!!8217;t miss it.

Then work have cover already in place for my absence. If too many are in there isn!!!8217;t enough work
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    Next Friday now.
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 9th Aug 18, 7:12 PM
    • 4,253 Posts
    • 13,937 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    Next Friday now.
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    Hope it all works out well for you!
    "Luck happens where hard work meets opportunity"
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 10th Aug 18, 12:49 AM
    • 4,664 Posts
    • 4,253 Thanks
    dekaspace
    Still haven't finished putting back together my Xbox, got that last screw out with some new heads but its a little stripped so have to be careful, but theres 2 similar types of screw in the board and the only difference easily visible is one is like pure silver and one has a minor rusty tint to it in a very faint way.

Typical I didn't play the Xbox for a year and start playing it and decide to take it apart to make better cooling and this happens! Not even a hard repair as such its just the screws aren't generic Phillips head else I would of taken the thing apart in like 15 minutes!
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 10th Aug 18, 7:08 AM
    • 14,916 Posts
    • 20,298 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    I bought a biggish box of assorted tiny computer type screws from eBay as I always seem to lose a few when I take things apart, or they have already dropped out of their own accord.
    “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 10th Aug 18, 7:14 AM
    • 14,916 Posts
    • 20,298 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    Just realised that I have been hammering the data on my iPad when it will connect to a Wi-fi signal if I just hold it six inches higher up.
    “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 10th Aug 18, 10:09 AM
    • 1,268 Posts
    • 3,085 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    A woman at work is having a baby shower.

Last time I checked the office hadn't been teleported to the USA.
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 10th Aug 18, 12:37 PM
    • 14,916 Posts
    • 20,298 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    I'm not even sure what one is.

She's not staying in very long?
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 10th Aug 18, 12:46 PM
    • 1,567 Posts
    • 4,546 Thanks
    Izadora
    Aqua. My card statement shows that they took my DD on 1st August but it hasn't come out of my bank. When I phoned them earlier this week they told me that there'd been a problem since 30th July and they're working on it so just leave the money in my bank and they'll take it at a later date.
    It's irritating enough that I have to remember to adjust my available balance whenever I check my bank account but I'm really annoyed that they didn't think it might be worth contacting people and letting them know.
    I'm pretty good at knowing everything that's coming into and going out of my account so it's not really a problem for me but there are plenty of people, especially those who have a card that's designed for people with a poor credit history, who will have just presumed that the DD's been taken and are going to be in for a nasty shock when their bank balance suddenly drops.
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 10th Aug 18, 2:17 PM
    • 2,214 Posts
    • 11,518 Thanks
    NBLondon
    How stupid do spammers/scammers think we are? I have just seen one where the return address was contact (at) criminal.postmasterlink.com
    Womble #7 - Running Total £18.53 $2.71 €5.96 S//0.10 (10 Ukrainian kopiyki) Bds$0.10 A$0.15 NZ$0.55 C$0.89 S$0.20 zl0.02 (Polish grosze) LB0.22 (Bulgarian stotinka) ISKr 5 DKr 1.0 CHF 0.60 R0.10 (Rand not Rupees) KD0.05 (Kuwaiti fils) MDL0.25 (Moldovan bani)
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 10th Aug 18, 3:44 PM
    • 4,253 Posts
    • 13,937 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    I bought a biggish box of assorted tiny computer type screws from eBay as I always seem to lose a few when I take things apart, or they have already dropped out of their own accord.
    Originally posted by Gloomendoom
    Cutting mat to work on for small stuff, and some sort of container for all the little screws. Cheap enough.
    "Luck happens where hard work meets opportunity"
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 10th Aug 18, 3:57 PM
    • 24,955 Posts
    • 65,227 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Just been following Martin's advice on insurance quotes 21 days ahead as prime time.

Quidco showed £45 cashbaspck from Age Uk, so no- brainer as first call. £542!

Used Quidco Compare and found decent ones around £250.

How the heck can Age U.K. justify that price?
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

550Posts Today

5,561Users online

Martin's Twitter