Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,634Posts
    • 28,745Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 330
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 6th Jul 18, 8:32 PM
    • 5,031 Posts
    • 17,092 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Just been for an eye test. When came out from the first routine check and needed to wait for the optometrist the only seat free was between to blokes who sat spread-eagled in shorts!

Not an appealing option.
    Originally posted by pollypenny
    Could have been worse, you might have had to sit opposite them
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 78.2
    Total so far - 3564.6
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 6th Jul 18, 8:35 PM
    • 5,031 Posts
    • 17,092 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Dog has been playing up something rotten today, chasing and barking at everything that moves, even worse if it has wheels or a tail

This week - 78.2
    Total so far - 3564.6
    • colinw
    • By colinw 7th Jul 18, 9:39 AM
    • 53,966 Posts
    • 149,224 Thanks
    colinw
    The hype concerning a certain football match is starting to irritate me, it is just a game of footy
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 7th Jul 18, 11:36 AM
    • 13,007 Posts
    • 24,103 Thanks
    Sleazy
    The hype concerning a certain football match is starting to irritate me, it is just a game of footy
    Originally posted by colinw
    I'm still debating whether to watch some of the match or to have my regular afternoon nap. I'm verging towards the nap. If England do win, then tonight's match will be of interest. If they don't win, then I won't really have missed anything anyway .....
    (P)earl Of The Alphabetty
    Nabob Of None
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 7th Jul 18, 11:39 AM
    • 15,148 Posts
    • 20,754 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    Downstairs loo floor is half an inch deep in water with no obvious cause. At least, I hope it's water.

Groan.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. - Mark Twain
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 7th Jul 18, 11:41 AM
    • 13,007 Posts
    • 24,103 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Downstairs loo floor is half an inch deep in water with no obvious cause. At least, I hope it's water.

Groan.
    Originally posted by Gloomendoom
    "If it's yellow, let it mellow ...."
    Nabob Of None
    • Zinco
    • By Zinco 7th Jul 18, 11:43 AM
    • 865 Posts
    • 1,625 Thanks
    Zinco

Groan.

If you sprinkle when you tinkle, be sure to wipe the floor.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 7th Jul 18, 11:48 AM
    • 13,007 Posts
    • 24,103 Thanks
    Sleazy
    If you sprinkle when you tinkle, be sure to wipe the floor.
    Originally posted by Zinco
    Half an inch deep.
    Maybe an elephant?
    Nabob Of None
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 7th Jul 18, 12:38 PM
    • 15,148 Posts
    • 20,754 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    Half an inch deep.
    Maybe an elephant?
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    I think I'd have noticed an elephant in the downstairs lobby, even with its feet painted yellow. Mind you, it's not that far fetched judging from the jungle noises that were going on all night.

Anyway, I found the leak and a repair is in progress. I'm relieved as initially I thought I was going to have to dig up the (concrete) floor.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. - Mark Twain
    • Frogletina
    • By Frogletina 7th Jul 18, 1:13 PM
    • 3,093 Posts
    • 11,258 Thanks
    Frogletina
    I have an instant access Isa which I use as a flexible Isa and have transfers set up for when I am away on holiday (Tuesday, for a month) to ensure everything runs smoothly.

Last week I went to another bank to transfer some of this money to a fixed rate Isa. I checked everything was ok this morning, and to do a small transfer, and have found out that instead of the amount I requested to be transferred over to the fixed rate Isa, they have requested the full balance so my instant access Isa is empty!!!

It will be Monday before their Isa department is over and they have agreed that if I go to the branch on Monday then they will agree to do a faster payment transfer for me (up to 1500) and waive any fees normally incurred. Then they can sort out the transfer of the excess funds back to my instant access Isa.

Not happy as the last thing I need to do is go into town on Monday as I will be doing last minute packing etc, so although I had to agree to do this, I asked for compensation. They said this will be agreed if they find that they have made the error....and not the other bank which misread their request...

frogletina
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first

SPC 8 #441 1567.31 SPC 9 #441 1014.64 SPC 10 #441 1164.13 SPC 11 #441 1598.15
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 7th Jul 18, 1:19 PM
    • 39,842 Posts
    • 146,828 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I think I'd have noticed an elephant in the downstairs lobby, even with its feet painted yellow. Mind you, it's not that far fetched judging from the jungle noises that were going on all night.

Anyway, I found the leak and a repair is in progress. I'm relieved as initially I thought I was going to have to dig up the (concrete) floor.
    I once had a hot water leak under my concrete kitchen floor. I was with Homeserve at the time (no longer!) and they said the kitchen floor had to come up. Then they said they wouldn't do it because the kitchen cabinets had to come out, and they wouldn't risk being liable for any damage to them.

Panic at the cost, upheaval and mess.

The engineer who serviced my boiler came and said he could run a new section of hot water pipe from the adjacent dining room (which had floorboards) into the kitchen on the floor surface under a bank of cabinets, where it wouldn't be seen, and up into the sink.

A fraction of the cost, no mess, no disruption.

What a difference in the attitude, though.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    • colinw
    • By colinw 7th Jul 18, 1:37 PM
    • 53,966 Posts
    • 149,224 Thanks
    colinw
    Radio stations that seem to think it is entertaining to have fans screaming COME ON into the mic....it aint

Mr Grumpy of Newcastle

This problem with the quotes that is not good also
    • colinw
    • By colinw 7th Jul 18, 1:39 PM
    • 53,966 Posts
    • 149,224 Thanks
    colinw
    Noisy @#&,%# kids in the house next door

Ffs pipe it down sunshine
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 7th Jul 18, 10:34 PM
    • 4,706 Posts
    • 4,349 Thanks
    dekaspace
    Hearing how the England team are "heroes" and all about how it brings back memories of 66, well a lot of people who talk about those "memories" were not even alive back then and quite often even their parents were small children or not even alive!

A lot of emails I get, be it food places, cashback website etc all use the words "its coming home" and "come on England"

As stated last week, it assumes everyone who lives in the UK is English!
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 7th Jul 18, 10:42 PM
    • 28,240 Posts
    • 15,543 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    The scumbags two doors away and the scumbags across the road are out partying which means my dad cant go to bed.
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 8th Jul 18, 9:27 AM
    • 12,687 Posts
    • 17,240 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    There should be a crime. "Parking in a stupid place"
    Preferably punishable by having you car towed away and crushed.
    Originally posted by Jackmydad
    Is that with or without the moronic driver still inside the car?
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?
    I live in the UK City of Culture 2021
    I had to put mothballs in my wallet - the moths had learned the PINs to my cards...
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 8th Jul 18, 10:15 AM
    • 15,148 Posts
    • 20,754 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    Moving the shed from one side of the garden to the other is this weekend's job so, in preparation, I disconnected the the power to the shed.

Mrs G has just come home from the gym, wringing wet with sweat, only to discover that the shower is on the same circuit. WTF?
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 8th Jul 18, 10:27 AM
    • 13,007 Posts
    • 24,103 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Moving the shed from one side of the garden to the other is this weekend's job so, in preparation, I disconnected the the power to the shed.

Mrs G has just come home from the gym, wringing wet with sweat, only to discover that the shower is on the same circuit. WTF?
    I suppose that it's ALL your fault as well.
    Send her back to the gym .....
    Nabob Of None
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 8th Jul 18, 11:36 AM
    • 5,031 Posts
    • 17,092 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Hearing how the England team are "heroes" and all about how it brings back memories of 66, well a lot of people who talk about those "memories" were not even alive back then and quite often even their parents were small children or not even alive!

A lot of emails I get, be it food places, cashback website etc all use the words "its coming home" and "come on England"

As stated last week, it assumes everyone who lives in the UK is English!
    Originally posted by dekaspace
    and likes football

This week - 78.2
    Total so far - 3564.6
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 8th Jul 18, 11:36 AM
    • 39,842 Posts
    • 146,828 Thanks
    Pyxis

Why not shower at the Gym?

I'm assuming your shed has a power point, and not just a light?
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,940Posts Today

8,415Users online

Martin's Twitter