Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,634Posts
    • 28,745Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 329
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 6th Jul 18, 3:07 PM
    • 7,923 Posts
    • 14,285 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Phoning an organisation and you get disconnected for these reasons
    . When you have not selected an option as you forgotten what 1 goes to or unsure which one to select
    . When the queue is full. Sometimes just trying a couple of minutes later and you are able to queue. It's the ones you try several times. No idea when is the best time to phone them
    . The ones you speak to an automated voice. "What are you calling about?" Then slowly saying "I want to pay". They don't understand what you are saying then hang up. Couldn't remember which company that was for now. Normally, they connect you to a human.
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 6th Jul 18, 3:46 PM
    • 1,337 Posts
    • 3,245 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    . When you have not selected an option as you forgotten what 1 goes to or unsure which one to select
    . When the queue is full. Sometimes just trying a couple of minutes later and you are able to queue. It's the ones you try several times. No idea when is the best time to phone them
    . The ones you speak to an automated voice. "What are you calling about?" Then slowly saying "I want to pay". They don't understand what you are saying then hang up. Couldn't remember which company that was for now. Normally, they connect you to a human.
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    I can think of one which happened to me last year (can't remember who it was) which trumps all of those:

When you call a company and after spending 15 minutes in the queue you get a message along the lines of "all our operators are busy, please call back later", then get cut off.
    • Zinco
    • By Zinco 6th Jul 18, 4:10 PM
    • 686 Posts
    • 1,366 Thanks
    Zinco
    Too hot, no air.
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 6th Jul 18, 5:01 PM
    • 4,469 Posts
    • 14,610 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    I can think of one which happened to me last year (can't remember who it was) which trumps all of those:

When you call a company and after spending 15 minutes in the queue you get a message along the lines of "all our operators are busy, please call back later", then get cut off.
    Originally posted by NaughtiusMaximus
    "Your call is important to us" . . . Click. . .Dialtone.
    Been there a few times.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 6th Jul 18, 5:13 PM
    • 39,818 Posts
    • 146,643 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Trying to arrange a redelivery online with Royal Mail, going through all the stages, and then it tells me there is a problem with my address; I'm to put in a flat number.
    Well, it's a house in single ownership, not a block of flats, so I couldn't.
    After trying to get past it a few times, I gave up and rang the telephone number instead.

Went right through everything, slowly, finally got to what I thought would be a confirmation of the redelivery date, and an automated voice said: can't proceed due to a semantic error, goodbye. Dialling tone.

It wasn't all that long ago you could ring the local sorting office and speak to a very nice man who sorted everything really quickly.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    • Flick216
    • By Flick216 6th Jul 18, 5:18 PM
    • 8,440 Posts
    • 34,115 Thanks
    Flick216
    Nothing!

I finished at 3 today and I am most of the way through a bottle of wine, chilling with The Sims! Yay me!
    ENFP - Assertive
    Officially in a clique of idiots

Smoke me a kipper; I'll be back for breakfast
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 6th Jul 18, 5:23 PM
    • 1,337 Posts
    • 3,245 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    Trying to arrange a redelivery online with Royal Mail, going through all the stages, and then it tells me there is a problem with my address; I'm to put in a flat number.
    After trying to get past it a few times, I gave up and rang the telephone number instead.

Went right through everything, slowly, finally got to what I thought would be a confirmation of the redelivery date, and an automated voice said: can't proceed due to a semantic error, goodbye. Dialling tone.

It wasn't all that long ago you could ring the local sorting office and speak to a very nice man who sorted everything really quickly.
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    I'd have thought adding a non-existent flat number would be okay, as long as the rest of the address, including house number, is correct it should get there.
    Last edited by NaughtiusMaximus; 06-07-2018 at 5:26 PM.
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 6th Jul 18, 5:30 PM
    • 15,097 Posts
    • 20,646 Thanks
    Gloomendoom

Originally posted by Pyxis
    I had a similar problem trying to get something delivered to my work address. I kept trying to submit the form but it kept asking for a second line in the address. In frustration, I typed in "There is no f%4ing second line." It was happy with that and confirmed my order.

A week later the package was delivered to reception complete with the second line in the address, exactly as I'd typed it (without the special characters).
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. - Mark Twain
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 6th Jul 18, 5:33 PM
    • 1,337 Posts
    • 3,245 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    I had a similar problem trying to get something delivered to my work address. I kept trying to submit the form but it kept asking for a second line in the address. In frustration, I typed in "There is no f%4ing second line." It was happy with that and confirmed my order.

A week later the package was delivered to reception complete with the second line in the address, exactly as I'd typed it (without the special characters).
    Originally posted by Gloomendoom
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 6th Jul 18, 5:54 PM
    • 39,818 Posts
    • 146,643 Thanks
    Pyxis

Originally posted by Gloomendoom

What's annoying, though, is that if Royal Mail can't get your address right, especially with the post code, what hope is there?
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 6th Jul 18, 6:06 PM
    • 39,818 Posts
    • 146,643 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Nothing!

I finished at 3 today and I am most of the way through a bottle of wine, chilling with The Sims! Yay me!
    Originally posted by Flick216
    Well bu**er off this thread then!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 6th Jul 18, 6:16 PM
    • 28,237 Posts
    • 15,533 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    People believing daily mail anti benefits propaganda. The latest all unemployed parents get 30 hours free childcare. Then if you tell them they are wrong you get accused of defending scroungers.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 6th Jul 18, 6:20 PM
    • 7,923 Posts
    • 14,285 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    My flat is normally cool. Either open windows and hear screaming kids or keep windows closed and sweat
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 6th Jul 18, 6:25 PM
    • 28,237 Posts
    • 15,533 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    My flat is normally cool. Either open windows and hear screaming kids or keep windows closed and sweat
    Its similar here. The neighbours number one hobby is making noise. Thats the whole street and probably the whole estate.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 6th Jul 18, 6:32 PM
    • 7,923 Posts
    • 14,285 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    At what age should kids stop screaming when running around?
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 6th Jul 18, 6:38 PM
    • 28,237 Posts
    • 15,533 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    We get fully grown adults doing it. They live like what a teenager would if left home alone permanently to do as they please.
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 6th Jul 18, 6:47 PM
    • 25,110 Posts
    • 65,725 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Just been for an eye test. When came out from the first routine check and needed to wait for the optometrist the only seat free was between to blokes who sat spread-eagled in shorts!

Not an appealing option.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 6th Jul 18, 6:52 PM
    • 28,237 Posts
    • 15,533 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Just been for an eye test. When came out from the first routine check and needed to wait for the optometrist the only seat free was between to blokes who sat spread-eagled in shorts!

Not an appealing option.
    Originally posted by pollypenny
    Just say oi mate, its winking at me.
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 6th Jul 18, 7:45 PM
    • 4,469 Posts
    • 14,610 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    Preferably before they can walk. . .
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 6th Jul 18, 7:47 PM
    • 7,923 Posts
    • 14,285 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Preferably before they can walk. . .
    Originally posted by Jackmydad
    Try telling that to the kids near me
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

25Posts Today

3,098Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @laurawithers84: @MartinSLewis Our school is going to use your book for our new finance fortnight for year 8 students. We thought we wou?

• RT @katiejane13uk: ????????IMPORTANT - CALLING ALL LEASEHOLDERS TO COMPLETE???????? @mhclg Leasehold Reform Consultation closes this month. This is the?

• Just sent a text about postgrad loans. My Swype text auto-corrected it to pothead loans. Does it know something I don't?

• Follow Martin