Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,574Posts
    • 28,529Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 30
    • coffeehound
    • By coffeehound 20th Jul 17, 8:40 PM
    • 1,382 Posts
    • 2,227 Thanks
    coffeehound
    I'm irritated that the 666th post wasn't more more devilish...well, there's your sig, I suppose.
    Originally posted by Penitent
    Heh, what are the chances?
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 20th Jul 17, 8:46 PM
    • 7,555 Posts
    • 16,777 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    Lol cos I do love irony!

The 'Hell in a Handcart' reference was only ever about election results here and across the Atlantic.

Sad that another person in my daughter's life has commited suicide - even if he was just a musician that she never met.
    Should have joined Borrowmydoggy.com
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 20th Jul 17, 8:58 PM
    • 3,739 Posts
    • 14,139 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Burnt the roof of my mouth earlier on baked beans of all things
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 66.6
    Total so far - 1604.4
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 20th Jul 17, 9:11 PM
    • 2,711 Posts
    • 3,599 Thanks
    ceredigion
    The electricians apprentice is the definition of irritating
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 21st Jul 17, 8:20 AM
    • 34,985 Posts
    • 129,864 Thanks
    Pyxis
    The word cheeky, as used in this example from an article about food on the Tube:

!!!8220;The only trouble is I really don!!!8217;t want to get a fine if I get caught with a cheeky kebab on the night tube home.!!!8221;

If you use cheeky in this way, we can't be friends.
    Do you get fined for eating food on the Tube?

My right fingers and the Palm are itchy.
    Last edited by Pyxis; 21-07-2017 at 8:35 AM.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 21st Jul 17, 9:40 AM
    • 3,739 Posts
    • 14,139 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Burnt the roof of my mouth earlier on baked beans of all things
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    Should be in the smile thread but wakening up this morning to find that my mouth had healed overnight got the day off to a good start

This week - 66.6
    Total so far - 1604.4
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 21st Jul 17, 10:20 AM
    • 8,574 Posts
    • 28,529 Thanks
    fairy lights
    The word cheeky, as used in this example from an article about food on the Tube:

“The only trouble is I really don’t want to get a fine if I get caught with a cheeky kebab on the night tube home.”

I've got a facebook friend who has a very 'cheeky' life.
    "Having a cheeky curry for tea lolz"
    What's cheeky about that?! That's your dinner??

Or "Cheeky cup of tea before work"
    Again, not cheeky. Staying hydrated is not cheeky.
    Almost as irritating as people who use 'lush' to describe food, children, and shoes.
    • hunters
    • By hunters 21st Jul 17, 11:14 AM
    • 754 Posts
    • 2,116 Thanks
    hunters
    I've got a facebook friend who has a very 'cheeky' life.
    "Having a cheeky curry for tea lolz"
    What's cheeky about that?! That's your dinner??

Or "Cheeky cup of tea before work"
    Again, not cheeky. Staying hydrated is not cheeky.
    Almost as irritating as people who use 'lush' to describe food, children, and shoes.
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    I saw this talked about on Twitter last night, I'd add to lush people who say nom, nom describing food, does my head in.
    • coffeehound
    • By coffeehound 21st Jul 17, 11:38 AM
    • 1,382 Posts
    • 2,227 Thanks
    coffeehound

!!!8220;The only trouble is I really don!!!8217;t want to get a fine if I get caught with a cheeky kebab on the night tube home.!!!8221;

It is important that you do NOT watch this video, unless you want total immersion therapy.

It would be great if they ban eating on all public transport. I seem to be a magnet for the crisp eaters.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 21st Jul 17, 1:06 PM
    • 34,985 Posts
    • 129,864 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I saw this talked about on Twitter last night, I'd add to lush people who say nom, nom describing food, does my head in.
    Originally posted by hunters
    Yes, what happened to yum yum?
    That's what I've always said.

Is nom nom another americanism?

I don't mind people eating sandwiches or 'dry' food, providing they are careful and don't leave wrappers all over the place, but yes, I'd hate to be subjected to someone eating cooked food. Yuk. Gross.
    Last edited by Pyxis; 21-07-2017 at 1:10 PM.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 21st Jul 17, 1:43 PM
    • 13,934 Posts
    • 54,249 Thanks
    joansgirl
    I have achieved precisely nothing in the last 3 days. I feel so lazy
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 21st Jul 17, 2:54 PM
    • 1,540 Posts
    • 4,459 Thanks
    Izadora
    I don't mind people eating sandwiches.
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    It depends what the filling is. Recently someone sat down next to me and then took a tuna sandwich out of her bag. She then looked most put out when I needed her to move her legs so that I could go to a different carriage.

I'm irritated by public transport in general. My trains were messed up on the way home last night and on the way in this morning and they're generally full of idiots who make me want to commit mass murder.
    • avogadro
    • By avogadro 21st Jul 17, 5:31 PM
    • 4,003 Posts
    • 7,102 Thanks
    avogadro
    I got an orange out on a train once and started eating it. I don't think the other passengers were impressed I quite like the smell of orange, myself. Better than the smell of tuna!
    • Piscean1991
    • By Piscean1991 21st Jul 17, 8:13 PM
    • 452 Posts
    • 641 Thanks
    Piscean1991
    Losing track of days. It's already Friday.

I've been avoiding lodgers like the plague (easy to do when you're off work and they're not) and remembering that it's Saturday tomorrow and they'll be here all day is depressing.

They're so messy and so loud and just so generally in the way all the time. I wouldn't be bothered so much about them monopolising the living room if they at least had the courtesy to tidy it up after using it. I've had words and they've fallen on deaf ears.

OH will be moving in soon and they'll be moving out shortly after. They're both aware of this (I've been very open about it) but I am very much looking forward to putting the letters of notice in their hands. We'll hopefully have a date sometime next week. Can't wait!
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 21st Jul 17, 8:19 PM
    • 3,739 Posts
    • 14,139 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    The 'like' generation has grown up and they are now in customer facing jobs but no-one has told them that saying 'like' every third word is very confusing to us old folk

This week - 66.6
    Total so far - 1604.4
    • Dreamnine
    • By Dreamnine 21st Jul 17, 9:04 PM
    • 7,926 Posts
    • 13,410 Thanks
    Dreamnine
    People eating in the streets, walking along face down into their phones.

Even worse are those who scoff their Greggs rolls while in a shop. A charity shop worker I know says this is quite common and that they have to tell people to leave the shop if they are eating.
    Last edited by Dreamnine; 21-07-2017 at 9:07 PM.
    I shot a vein in my neck and coughed up a Quaalude.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 21st Jul 17, 9:14 PM
    • 2,711 Posts
    • 3,599 Thanks
    ceredigion
    The 'like' generation has grown up and they are now in customer facing jobs but no-one has told them that saying 'like' every third word is very confusing to us old folk
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id

Can I add to that "mate"
    No I am not your mate, I am your employer . My client is also not your mate, as far as you are concerned he is god .
    • Happyhousewife
    • By Happyhousewife 22nd Jul 17, 12:03 AM
    • 52 Posts
    • 138 Thanks
    Happyhousewife
    Double standards
    • Piscean1991
    • By Piscean1991 22nd Jul 17, 12:13 AM
    • 452 Posts
    • 641 Thanks
    Piscean1991
    Had a letter shoved through the door. The local council are proposing to turn the whole village into a building site for the sake of putting in a few (unnecessary) speed bumps and turning most of it into a 20mph zone to make it "more pedestrian friendly".

It's actually already very pedestrian friendly with plenty of crossings and nice wide pavements and decent cycle paths. There is no traffic problem whatsoever in the village. The letter doesn't say how much it will cost but the planning department clearly haven't taken a stroll around the city centre lately. The number of homeless people is shocking.

I just think in a financial climate where council tax has increased past the point of being affordable for many and where we can't afford to feed and house people or provide vital services, it's a bit of a joke to suggest such a large-scale project which is completely unnecessary. Obviously I've responded to the consultation but I actually think I might be compelled to write to the village gazette too. Think I'll chat to the neighbours in the morning and sound out their views too.
    • cjdavies
    • By cjdavies 22nd Jul 17, 8:10 AM
    • 3,302 Posts
    • 3,538 Thanks
    cjdavies
    Work get together later for food, set menu no free choice!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

61Posts Today

2,789Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin