Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,634Posts
    • 28,745Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 283
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 18th May 18, 9:45 PM
    • 28,237 Posts
    • 15,533 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    I did complain, months ago and she got really agressive with me and even then it was after I made all of 4 chats in a year where I politely said to her that I was being kept awake at night or woken early and had noise all day and laughed at, told kids will be kids, or she had relatives around and it was special occasion, or someones birthday there was always a excuse and tried turning it around on me each time saying things like shes a single mum (though told me she was married before, and the same guy that never leaves the house was her husband)

She seems to hold a grudge, and in new year when I was kept awake by dog barking (and I hear her scream at it a lot too) she lied and said she was "babysitting" the dog. Now every time she comes in with her kid from school etc they stand outside my door and she excites the dog and makes fake barking sounds till the dog barks for real then laughs.

The annoying thing is I can get say a whole day of peace and quiet bar kids a hour before bed, and another day 4-6 hours spread out over the day so you can't tell when you should go for a walk yourself.
    Originally posted by dekaspace
    Those type of people never see reason. They always see themselves as the victim. I wouldnt waste my time trying being friendly if i were you. If they say hello say it back of course but its unlikely i think.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 19th May 18, 7:16 AM
    • 39,824 Posts
    • 146,687 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Having someones wedding shoved down by throat by the media!
    Originally posted by Zinco
    I'd go shopping if I were you!

That's what I do when the World Cup is on!

Some of us can remember Princess Anne getting married Twice. Prince Charles getting married Twice. Prince Andrew getting married. Prince Edward getting married and Prince William getting married. Enough is enough!
    Originally posted by Zinco
    Well, if you're still around when Prince George gets married............. just be grateful you are still around!
    Last edited by Pyxis; 19-05-2018 at 7:19 AM.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 19th May 18, 7:23 AM
    • 39,824 Posts
    • 146,687 Thanks
    Pyxis
    But do you ever have exploding pods
    Originally posted by colinw
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 19th May 18, 7:43 AM
    • 12,926 Posts
    • 23,943 Thanks
    Sleazy
    ^^^^^^

I can't see the picture
    (P)earl Of The Alphabetty
    Nabob Of None
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 19th May 18, 7:53 AM
    • 39,824 Posts
    • 146,687 Thanks
    Pyxis
    ^^^^^^

I can't see the picture
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    It's not that exciting! But if you still can't see it, here's the link.....

https://youtu.be/4WCkHVwRaCs
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 19th May 18, 8:55 AM
    • 4,980 Posts
    • 16,975 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    ^^^^^^

I can't see the picture
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    Welcome to my world
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 75.1
    Total so far - 3486.4
    • Bogof_Babe
    • By Bogof_Babe 19th May 18, 5:31 PM
    • 10,158 Posts
    • 16,590 Thanks
    Bogof_Babe
    Buying half a dozen small items of makeup in Boots and not even being offered a small paper bag to put them in, they were just left rolling around on the counter for me to scoop up. I do think shops selling easily lose-able things should offer a bag of some sort, even if not the dreaded plastic.

I made my point by standing by the counter and fishing around in the depths of my handbag to find a little supermarket fruit and veg bag that I keep in there for such occasions.

(Anyone wondering why I was buying so much at one time - it's my bi-annual re-stock, which gets left until I eventually get around to it.)
    I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe

• tommix
    • By tommix 20th May 18, 12:41 PM
    • 37,577 Posts
    • 147,697 Thanks
    tommix
    Long story, but please bear with me, I need to get this off my chest.

I have a bearded hipster in my family name of Joe, whose way of talking irritates me. Which is fine cos I hardly ever see him anyway.

However I went to visit my 80 year old nan this morning who greeted me thus:

"Hey Tommy! I'm just about to rock up to Budgens to score some Spuds..Laters dude!"

It broke my heart to hear my sweet old 1930s Nan talk in this way.

Turns out that 'hipster Joe' had been staying with my nan for a few days and his daft way of talking has obviously rubbed off on her.

What should I do?
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 20th May 18, 12:44 PM
    • 15,110 Posts
    • 20,664 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    Let it go for now. If she grows a beard and starts wearing skinny jeans, say something.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. - Mark Twain
    • tommix
    • By tommix 20th May 18, 12:48 PM
    • 37,577 Posts
    • 147,697 Thanks
    tommix
    Let it go for now. If she grows a beard and starts wearing skinny jeans, say something.
    Originally posted by Gloomendoom

Tbh if she did that it wouldn't bother me so much..No, it's the lingo she's using that curdles my cheese.

Thanks anyway.
    • pipkin71
    • By pipkin71 20th May 18, 12:58 PM
    • 19,360 Posts
    • 87,169 Thanks
    pipkin71
    Long story, but please bear with me, I need to get this off my chest.

I have a bearded hipster in my family name of Joe, whose way of talking irritates me. Which is fine cos I hardly ever see him anyway.

However I went to visit my 80 year old nan this morning who greeted me thus:

"Hey Tommy! I'm just about to rock up to Budgens to score some Spuds..Laters dude!"

It broke my heart to hear my sweet old 1930s Nan talk in this way.

Turns out that 'hipster Joe' had been staying with my nan for a few days and his daft way of talking has obviously rubbed off on her.

What should I do?
    Originally posted by tommix
    I agree with Gloomendoom Grandma isn't hurting anyone and it can be quite funny listening to them. My dad does it with my girls and they often share jokes when he comes out with something or other he's picked up.
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
    • tommix
    • By tommix 20th May 18, 1:07 PM
    • 37,577 Posts
    • 147,697 Thanks
    tommix
    I agree with Gloomendoom Grandma isn't hurting anyone and it can be quite funny listening to them. My dad does it with my girls and they often share jokes when he comes out with something or other he's picked up.
    Originally posted by pipkin71

You are right Pip, she's not hurting anyone. However the incongruity of an 80 year old grandma talking like a 'surfer dude' just annoys the hell out of me.

I suppose I will just have to 'wind my neck in' and let her get on with it..
    Thank you for your reply.
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 20th May 18, 1:16 PM
    • 14,622 Posts
    • 56,746 Thanks
    joansgirl
    And still it rumbles on...and on....and on......

Enough already!
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
    • pipkin71
    • By pipkin71 20th May 18, 1:16 PM
    • 19,360 Posts
    • 87,169 Thanks
    pipkin71
    I'm not irritated but my daughter is

Boy dog hasn't eaten for two days and I hate it when they don't eat, so I gave him her sausages He enjoyed them as well
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 20th May 18, 3:00 PM
    • 4,695 Posts
    • 4,320 Thanks
    dekaspace
    Speaking of hipsters 2 weeks ago went for a drink with a friend, don't go to next town over that often (and don't drink alcohol at all normally) I noticed this run down old mans pub that I used to walk past when in that town did wonder why I didn't see the usual array of old men outside smoking, it had the cheap drinks menu on outside.

Walked in and it was all hipsters, turns out they had recently bought it over as it was old fashioned and hipsters liked the old decor, doubled drinks prices and stopped selling the normal pints and it was all drinks you never heard of or ones that are linked with hipters, men with those hipster beards etc, me and friend felt like we were the oldest people in there but my friend was recently 30!

And despite the pubs around getting like a proper ale for as cheap as 2.60 they wanted like 4 for their budget brand lager!
    • pipkin71
    • By pipkin71 20th May 18, 4:23 PM
    • 19,360 Posts
    • 87,169 Thanks
    pipkin71
    I started emptying the cupboard of doom and I'm irritated because I knew I should have just left it At least there is a black bag of sheets and duvets and a large wicker basket, ready to go to the charity shop, now
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 20th May 18, 4:24 PM
    • 39,824 Posts
    • 146,687 Thanks
    Pyxis

Enough already!
    Originally posted by joansgirl

Poor Gill!

I like it, though!

At least it's happy rumblings, rather than doom and gloom or violence and hate rumblings.

I still don't know who won that game thing, though!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 20th May 18, 4:25 PM
    • 39,824 Posts
    • 146,687 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I started emptying the cupboard of doom and I'm irritated because I knew I should have just left it At least there is a black bag of sheets and duvets and a large wicker basket, ready to go to the charity shop, now
    Originally posted by pipkin71
    Cupboard of doom? Wot a lightweight!
    If you want doom, you should see my whole house and garden of doom!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• colinw
    • By colinw 20th May 18, 4:36 PM
    • 53,883 Posts
    • 148,998 Thanks
    colinw

Enough already!
    Originally posted by joansgirl

Poor Gill!

I like it, though!

At least it's happy rumblings, rather than doom and gloom or violence and hate rumblings.

I still don't know who won that game thing, though!
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    I have only just worked out what Gill is on about
    • pipkin71
    • By pipkin71 20th May 18, 4:40 PM
    • 19,360 Posts
    • 87,169 Thanks
    pipkin71
    Cupboard of doom? Wot a lightweight!
    If you want doom, you should see my whole house and garden of doom!
    Originally posted by Pyxis

I know the feeling

This cupboard has been desperate for attention for a long time as everything gets chucked in there. We've pretty much ignored it though, so why on earth I went in there today, I don't know

The plan is to tackle a small amount each day. Maybe then, it will finally be sorted out
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,324Posts Today

8,156Users online

Martin's Twitter