Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,574Posts
    • 28,529Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 280
    • colinw
    • By colinw 11th May 18, 8:22 PM
    • 51,738 Posts
    • 143,290 Thanks
    colinw
    I see the image in a separate browser but it will not show for me on MSE even if I post it myself
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    Hmmm that is weird I don't know if your in a position to try and look at them with a tablet rather than a laptop? And does the same happen? That would suggest it might be something to do with your account as you also have this missing spam button, i will see if their are any settings that might affect it

Edit: you could create a new test user and see if you see them with that, that should discount your settings if you still can not
    Last edited by colinw; 11-05-2018 at 8:27 PM.
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 11th May 18, 8:29 PM
    • 3,742 Posts
    • 14,153 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Hmmm that is weird I don't know if your in a position to try and look at them with a tablet rather than a laptop? And does the same happen? That would suggest it might be something to do with your account as you also have this missing spam button, i will see if their are any settings that might affect it
    Originally posted by colinw
    I'm on a desktop, I don't have anything else that I can use

I posted about the missing spam button but MSE has never replied to the thread even though they have visited it to thank a post on it
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 66.6
    Total so far - 1604.4
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 11th May 18, 8:51 PM
    • 2,711 Posts
    • 3,604 Thanks
    ceredigion
    Was going to open a bottle of red, wife said no, oh well,
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 11th May 18, 8:56 PM
    • 8,660 Posts
    • 14,252 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Was going to open a bottle of red, wife said no, oh well,
    Originally posted by ceredigion
    Should have popped round here .

I've had a bottle of red less a glass for Mrs Sleazy, a couple of glasses of pear cider, and on my second glass of Cava as it's our anniversary .... however I am on the wagon until September from tomorrow ....

No more for me tonight either ....
    Sleazy
    In Vino Veritas, In Aqua Sanitas
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 11th May 18, 8:58 PM
    • 2,711 Posts
    • 3,604 Thanks
    ceredigion
    Should have popped round here .

I've had a bottle of red less a glass for Mrs Sleazy, a couple of glasses of pear cider, and on my second glass of Cava as it's our anniversary .... however I am on the wagon until September from tomorrow ....

No more for me tonight either ....
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    Congratulations,
    • dontone
    • By dontone 12th May 18, 4:26 PM
    • 4,108 Posts
    • 12,484 Thanks
    dontone
    Today's 'Dontone's Irritations'

Came home from running a couple of errands, and there was a delivery card from Hermes on the door mat. It said 'last delivery attempt'
    We were expecting a delivery next Monday/Tuesday (the 14th or 15th), and so decided to check our order status. We ordered an item on Wednesday night.
    It turns out that Hermes tried to deliver on Thursday, & Friday & now this morning. No cards except the one this morning, and nothing from the retailer, apart from 'we will let you know when it's dispatched' emither.
    So, our item that we expected early next week, should be back with the shop on Monday.
    Rather annoyed by it. If the driver had stuck a card through the door on Thursday, I would have made sure I was on on Friday. The neighbours were out in their garden too, they would have taken it in. Big fat MEH!!
    That's all.
    Carry on.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, 250 Reward Your thirst, 500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin'
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 12th May 18, 8:24 PM
    • 4,373 Posts
    • 3,835 Thanks
    dekaspace
    The neighbour upstairs has gone on one of her random guest things, can be quiet for days (bar a hour in morning, afternoon and evening) but been noisy last 3 nights to increasing level, and plays music full blast.

Saw her yesterday and rather than get angry or make her think theres bad blood I smiled and said hi to her, she gave me a nasty look walked past me without stopping and said to her friend something in Polish in a loud irritated voice.

Oh well, at least I took the high ground and didn't act immature.
    • debitcardmayhem
    • By debitcardmayhem 12th May 18, 10:36 PM
    • 8,535 Posts
    • 6,443 Thanks
    debitcardmayhem
    I'm on a desktop, I don't have anything else that I can use

I posted about the missing spam button but MSE has never replied to the thread even though they have visited it to thank a post on it
    No worries there then , I have just marked your post as spam from my Desktop Oh and I thought I had better thank it before marking it as spam
    • Zinco
    • By Zinco 13th May 18, 3:23 PM
    • 170 Posts
    • 292 Thanks
    Zinco
    Aches and pains.

It's no fun getting old.
    • tommix
    • By tommix 14th May 18, 4:48 PM
    • 36,485 Posts
    • 145,174 Thanks
    tommix
    Peeling bloody Onions..! Tears rolling down my cheeks, making my eyes sting. That'll teach me to form an emotional bond with them!
    • pipkin71
    • By pipkin71 14th May 18, 5:22 PM
    • 19,360 Posts
    • 87,129 Thanks
    pipkin71
    Peeling bloody Onions..! Tears rolling down my cheeks, making my eyes sting. That'll teach me to form an emotional bond with them!
    Originally posted by tommix
    You're supposed to stick a teaspoon in your mouth when peeling, apparently. Stops you crying
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
    • tommix
    • By tommix 14th May 18, 5:59 PM
    • 36,485 Posts
    • 145,174 Thanks
    tommix
    You're supposed to stick a teaspoon in your mouth when peeling, apparently. Stops you crying
    Originally posted by pipkin71
    It's Ok Pip..I'm over the Onions now. I'm going out on a date with a Carrot. I'm thinking of taking her to see a Bugs Bunny movie.
    • pipkin71
    • By pipkin71 14th May 18, 6:06 PM
    • 19,360 Posts
    • 87,129 Thanks
    pipkin71
    It's Ok Pip..I'm over the Onions now. I'm going out on a date with a Carrot. I'm thinking of taking her to see a Bugs Bunny movie.
    Originally posted by tommix
    Don't go getting up to anything in the cinema - she can see in the dark
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
    • tommix
    • By tommix 14th May 18, 7:08 PM
    • 36,485 Posts
    • 145,174 Thanks
    tommix
    Don't go getting up to anything in the cinema - she can see in the dark
    Originally posted by pipkin71
    True...

Anyway, for what it's worth we've decided to go see one of the greatest films ever made...'Raging Bunny' starring 'Rabbit De Niro'.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 14th May 18, 7:44 PM
    • 8,660 Posts
    • 14,252 Thanks
    Sleazy
    I haven't seen any spammers for a few days
    Thank you MSE if you've stopped them.
    Sleazy
    In Vino Veritas, In Aqua Sanitas
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 14th May 18, 8:14 PM
    • 3,742 Posts
    • 14,153 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Fly tippers

It must be more difficult for them to find a nice secluded spot to dump stuff than it would be to go to the local council tip
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 66.6
    Total so far - 1604.4
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 14th May 18, 8:18 PM
    • 4,373 Posts
    • 3,835 Thanks
    dekaspace
    The nice weather is attracting the neighbours idiot friends, I got used to their 3 hours a day noise at split times but now its back to every day 3pm onwards to at least 9, last night they were coming and going to about 1am! Cars pulling up, slamming doors, drunken sounding men in hall, storming upstairs drunken sounding laughter and whopping.
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 14th May 18, 8:45 PM
    • 706 Posts
    • 1,692 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    Ebay. Their mobile site has always been useless due to a lack of functionality, up until last week I would just switch to their desktop site but now that option is gone, if I try to switch on my phone it just takes me back to the mobile site.
    • pipkin71
    • By pipkin71 14th May 18, 9:10 PM
    • 19,360 Posts
    • 87,129 Thanks
    pipkin71
    Fly tippers

It must be more difficult for them to find a nice secluded spot to dump stuff than it would be to go to the local council tip
    I hate fly tippers with a passion

I also hate the fact that the council are not removing the rubbish, even though I finally managed to report it, despite their faulty Web page
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 15th May 18, 8:55 AM
    • 7,718 Posts
    • 22,379 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    The various stories spinning around about Megan Markle's Dad. The lass is getting married in days, wedding are complicated and more so where royalty & security are involved, & for whatever reason she has to cope with a load of assorted gossip.
    If her dad did pose for photos to raise airfare, I have to admit I'm amused * impressed that he can play the press to his own ends, but its beginning to look like he's come a cropper & that will make his lass unhappy.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1Posts Today

4,334Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin