Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,574Posts
    • 28,529Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 279
    • coffeehound
    • By coffeehound 10th May 18, 5:41 PM
    • 1,382 Posts
    • 2,227 Thanks
    coffeehound
    Trivial compared with what some folks are dealing with, but <<You okay there? >> spoken with mock friendliness by young counter staff after theyve pointlessly kept you waiting for 10 minutes. (I am now officially a curmudgeon.)
    Last edited by coffeehound; 10-05-2018 at 5:43 PM.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 10th May 18, 5:54 PM
    • 8,604 Posts
    • 14,134 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Trivial compared with what some folks are dealing with, but <<You okay there? >> spoken with mock friendliness by young counter staff after theyve pointlessly kept you waiting for 10 minutes. (I am now officially a curmudgeon.)
    Originally posted by coffeehound
    Sleazy
    In Vino Veritas, In Aqua Sanitas
    • coffeehound
    • By coffeehound 10th May 18, 6:03 PM
    • 1,382 Posts
    • 2,227 Thanks
    coffeehound
    Sleazy : yep
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 10th May 18, 7:52 PM
    • 12,302 Posts
    • 16,567 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    Today, a man was sentenced to life in Warwick Court for stabbing someone to death.

A few weeks ago, a man was sentenced to 9 years in prison plus a 15 year driving ban for killing 2 young brothers with a car (he was also banned from driving while he was behind the wheel).

The British justice system, ladies and gentlemen, only issue life sentences if a blade is involved
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?

I live in the UK City of Culture 2021

I had to put mothballs in my wallet - the moths had learned the PINs to my cards...
    • Quizzical Squirrel
    • By Quizzical Squirrel 10th May 18, 7:56 PM
    • 170 Posts
    • 4,571 Thanks
    Quizzical Squirrel
    Waiting for a plumber who now only has 4 minutes left in the promised time slot.

Waiting for a Fedex delivery of wine that I have to sign for and show ID to prove I'm old enough to handle it.

Waiting for a UPS delivery of a chainsaw. No signature or ID needed so it must not be as dangerous as the wine.
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 10th May 18, 7:59 PM
    • 12,302 Posts
    • 16,567 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    Waiting for a plumber who now only has 4 minutes left in the promised time slot.

Waiting for a Fedex delivery of wine that I have to sign for and show ID to prove I'm old enough to handle it.

Waiting for a UPS delivery of a chainsaw. No signature or ID needed so it must not be as dangerous as the wine.
    Originally posted by Quizzical Squirrel
    Ah, but wine + chainsaw = higher chance of "oh crap, I just cut a limb off!"
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?

I live in the UK City of Culture 2021

I had to put mothballs in my wallet - the moths had learned the PINs to my cards...
    • Quizzical Squirrel
    • By Quizzical Squirrel 10th May 18, 8:28 PM
    • 170 Posts
    • 4,571 Thanks
    Quizzical Squirrel
    i now have the wine and the chainsaw.

I'm so ready for the plumber.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 10th May 18, 8:39 PM
    • 8,604 Posts
    • 14,134 Thanks
    Sleazy

After he's done whatever he's coming to do presumably?
    Otherwise, you could have a problem (as well as him)
    Sleazy
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 10th May 18, 9:04 PM
    • 34,949 Posts
    • 129,756 Thanks
    Pyxis

Please don't use the chainsaw after you've used the wine!

Especially if the plumber's in the way!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 11th May 18, 9:04 AM
    • 8,604 Posts
    • 14,134 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Got my repeat prescription and find one item missing ... Oversight? No, but apparently not being prescribed it any more because I can purchase it over the counter.

Not at pharmacy prices I can't
    Been through this before and I will just buy several months stock from eBay, which I can afford to do, but the idea is somehow annoying me. Not for anything life threatening, but I do actually suffer when I don't take the medication ....
    Sleazy
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 11th May 18, 9:11 AM
    • 13,932 Posts
    • 54,240 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Sitting waiting (impatiently) for my car to be collected. Can't go and do anything in the garden as I won't her them at the door
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...

Finito
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 11th May 18, 11:11 AM
    • 3,734 Posts
    • 14,119 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Missing out on so many images that have been posted on the various threads on the forum

I still can't find out why
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 77.7
    Total so far - 1537.8
    • colinw
    • By colinw 11th May 18, 11:19 AM
    • 51,704 Posts
    • 143,219 Thanks
    colinw
    Missing out on so many images that have been posted on the various threads on the forum

I still can't find out why
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    Two things I would try are.....

try with a different browser ie... try on both Internet Explorer and Chrome or firefox or whatever to see if it is tied to one browser in particular

If it is not then I would disable your virus software for a short while to see if that is blocking them....
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 11th May 18, 11:22 AM
    • 3,734 Posts
    • 14,119 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Two things I would try are.....

try with a different browser ie... try on both Internet Explorer and Chrome or firefox or whatever to see if it is tied to one browser in particular

If it is not then I would disable your virus software for a short while to see if that is blocking them....
    Originally posted by colinw
    tried that but no difference

not tried the virus software thingy though, may try that later today

This week - 77.7
    Total so far - 1537.8
    • colinw
    • By colinw 11th May 18, 11:28 AM
    • 51,704 Posts
    • 143,219 Thanks
    colinw
    tried that but no difference

not tried the virus software thingy though, may try that later today
    Hmmm that would suggest something else like virus stuff might be blocking it then...it might just be being over sensitive to some sites and seeing them as a risk
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 11th May 18, 11:31 AM
    • 3,734 Posts
    • 14,119 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Hmmm that would suggest something else like virus stuff might be blocking it then...it might just be being over sensitive to some sites and seeing them as a risk
    if I quote a post containing an image that I can't see, I get the img code included in the quote but the image still doesn't show for me when I post the quoted post

This week - 77.7
    Total so far - 1537.8
    • colinw
    • By colinw 11th May 18, 12:06 PM
    • 51,704 Posts
    • 143,219 Thanks
    colinw
    if I quote a post containing an image that I can't see, I get the img code included in the quote but the image still doesn't show for me when I post the quoted post
    Actually before disabling the virus stuff this would be interesting to try...

Quote a post with a non showing image in like you say above, copy the image path bit, the path between the [ IMG ] tags and paste that into a separate tab on the browser and just see what it comes back with as it might stick up a message saying why it has been blocked,,,
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 11th May 18, 6:56 PM
    • 3,734 Posts
    • 14,119 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Actually before disabling the virus stuff this would be interesting to try...

Quote a post with a non showing image in like you say above, copy the image path bit, the path between the [ IMG ] tags and paste that into a separate tab on the browser and just see what it comes back with as it might stick up a message saying why it has been blocked,,,
    I see the image in a separate browser but it will not show for me on MSE even if I post it myself

This week - 77.7
    Total so far - 1537.8
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 11th May 18, 6:57 PM
    • 3,734 Posts
    • 14,119 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Feeling really guilty and sad after putting the cone on my dogs head for the first time.

He is just standing there with his head down and taking an occasional step backwards

This week - 77.7
    Total so far - 1537.8
    • pipkin71
    • By pipkin71 11th May 18, 7:39 PM
    • 19,359 Posts
    • 87,059 Thanks
    pipkin71
    Feeling really guilty and sad after putting the cone on my dogs head for the first time.

He is just standing there with his head down and taking an occasional step backwards
    Awwww

When the vet removed girl dog's eyes, she had to wear this tight bandage across her face and she hated it. Kept trying to get it off and I felt so mean, stopping her.
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,060Posts Today

7,660Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin