Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,617Posts
    • 28,685Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 278
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 11th May 18, 9:04 AM
    • 11,505 Posts
    • 21,214 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Got my repeat prescription and find one item missing ... Oversight? No, but apparently not being prescribed it any more because I can purchase it over the counter.

Not at pharmacy prices I can't
    Been through this before and I will just buy several months stock from eBay, which I can afford to do, but the idea is somehow annoying me. Not for anything life threatening, but I do actually suffer when I don't take the medication ....

I'd rather be eccentric than egocentric
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 11th May 18, 9:11 AM
    • 14,383 Posts
    • 55,966 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Sitting waiting (impatiently) for my car to be collected. Can't go and do anything in the garden as I won't her them at the door
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 11th May 18, 11:11 AM
    • 4,493 Posts
    • 15,936 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Missing out on so many images that have been posted on the various threads on the forum

I still can't find out why
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 77.4
    Total so far - 2848
    • colinw
    • By colinw 11th May 18, 11:19 AM
    • 53,047 Posts
    • 146,938 Thanks
    colinw
    Missing out on so many images that have been posted on the various threads on the forum

I still can't find out why
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    Two things I would try are.....

try with a different browser ie... try on both Internet Explorer and Chrome or firefox or whatever to see if it is tied to one browser in particular

If it is not then I would disable your virus software for a short while to see if that is blocking them....
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 11th May 18, 11:22 AM
    • 4,493 Posts
    • 15,936 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Two things I would try are.....

try with a different browser ie... try on both Internet Explorer and Chrome or firefox or whatever to see if it is tied to one browser in particular

If it is not then I would disable your virus software for a short while to see if that is blocking them....
    Originally posted by colinw
    tried that but no difference

not tried the virus software thingy though, may try that later today

This week - 77.4
    Total so far - 2848
    • colinw
    • By colinw 11th May 18, 11:28 AM
    • 53,047 Posts
    • 146,938 Thanks
    colinw
    tried that but no difference

not tried the virus software thingy though, may try that later today
    Hmmm that would suggest something else like virus stuff might be blocking it then...it might just be being over sensitive to some sites and seeing them as a risk
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 11th May 18, 11:31 AM
    • 4,493 Posts
    • 15,936 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Hmmm that would suggest something else like virus stuff might be blocking it then...it might just be being over sensitive to some sites and seeing them as a risk
    if I quote a post containing an image that I can't see, I get the img code included in the quote but the image still doesn't show for me when I post the quoted post

This week - 77.4
    Total so far - 2848
    • colinw
    • By colinw 11th May 18, 12:06 PM
    • 53,047 Posts
    • 146,938 Thanks
    colinw
    if I quote a post containing an image that I can't see, I get the img code included in the quote but the image still doesn't show for me when I post the quoted post
    Actually before disabling the virus stuff this would be interesting to try...

Quote a post with a non showing image in like you say above, copy the image path bit, the path between the [ IMG ] tags and paste that into a separate tab on the browser and just see what it comes back with as it might stick up a message saying why it has been blocked,,,
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 11th May 18, 6:56 PM
    • 4,493 Posts
    • 15,936 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Actually before disabling the virus stuff this would be interesting to try...

Quote a post with a non showing image in like you say above, copy the image path bit, the path between the [ IMG ] tags and paste that into a separate tab on the browser and just see what it comes back with as it might stick up a message saying why it has been blocked,,,
    I see the image in a separate browser but it will not show for me on MSE even if I post it myself

This week - 77.4
    Total so far - 2848
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 11th May 18, 6:57 PM
    • 4,493 Posts
    • 15,936 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Feeling really guilty and sad after putting the cone on my dogs head for the first time.

He is just standing there with his head down and taking an occasional step backwards

This week - 77.4
    Total so far - 2848
    • pipkin71
    • By pipkin71 11th May 18, 7:39 PM
    • 19,360 Posts
    • 87,167 Thanks
    pipkin71
    Feeling really guilty and sad after putting the cone on my dogs head for the first time.

He is just standing there with his head down and taking an occasional step backwards
    Awwww

When the vet removed girl dog's eyes, she had to wear this tight bandage across her face and she hated it. Kept trying to get it off and I felt so mean, stopping her.
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
    • colinw
    • By colinw 11th May 18, 8:22 PM
    • 53,047 Posts
    • 146,938 Thanks
    colinw
    I see the image in a separate browser but it will not show for me on MSE even if I post it myself
    Hmmm that is weird I don't know if your in a position to try and look at them with a tablet rather than a laptop? And does the same happen? That would suggest it might be something to do with your account as you also have this missing spam button, i will see if their are any settings that might affect it

Edit: you could create a new test user and see if you see them with that, that should discount your settings if you still can not
    Last edited by colinw; 11-05-2018 at 8:27 PM.
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 11th May 18, 8:29 PM
    • 4,493 Posts
    • 15,936 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Hmmm that is weird I don't know if your in a position to try and look at them with a tablet rather than a laptop? And does the same happen? That would suggest it might be something to do with your account as you also have this missing spam button, i will see if their are any settings that might affect it
    I'm on a desktop, I don't have anything else that I can use

I posted about the missing spam button but MSE has never replied to the thread even though they have visited it to thank a post on it

This week - 77.4
    Total so far - 2848
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 11th May 18, 8:51 PM
    • 2,877 Posts
    • 3,911 Thanks
    ceredigion
    Was going to open a bottle of red, wife said no, oh well,
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 11th May 18, 8:56 PM
    • 11,505 Posts
    • 21,214 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Was going to open a bottle of red, wife said no, oh well,
    Originally posted by ceredigion
    Should have popped round here .

I've had a bottle of red less a glass for Mrs Sleazy, a couple of glasses of pear cider, and on my second glass of Cava as it's our anniversary .... however I am on the wagon until September from tomorrow ....

No more for me tonight either ....

I'd rather be eccentric than egocentric
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 11th May 18, 8:58 PM
    • 2,877 Posts
    • 3,911 Thanks
    ceredigion
    Should have popped round here .

I've had a bottle of red less a glass for Mrs Sleazy, a couple of glasses of pear cider, and on my second glass of Cava as it's our anniversary .... however I am on the wagon until September from tomorrow ....

No more for me tonight either ....
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    Congratulations,
    • dontone
    • By dontone 12th May 18, 4:26 PM
    • 4,195 Posts
    • 13,399 Thanks
    dontone
    Today's 'Dontone's Irritations'

Came home from running a couple of errands, and there was a delivery card from Hermes on the door mat. It said 'last delivery attempt'
    We were expecting a delivery next Monday/Tuesday (the 14th or 15th), and so decided to check our order status. We ordered an item on Wednesday night.
    It turns out that Hermes tried to deliver on Thursday, & Friday & now this morning. No cards except the one this morning, and nothing from the retailer, apart from 'we will let you know when it's dispatched' emither.
    So, our item that we expected early next week, should be back with the shop on Monday.
    Rather annoyed by it. If the driver had stuck a card through the door on Thursday, I would have made sure I was on on Friday. The neighbours were out in their garden too, they would have taken it in. Big fat MEH!!
    That's all.
    Carry on.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, 250 Reward Your thirst, 500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin'
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 12th May 18, 8:24 PM
    • 4,624 Posts
    • 4,213 Thanks
    dekaspace
    The neighbour upstairs has gone on one of her random guest things, can be quiet for days (bar a hour in morning, afternoon and evening) but been noisy last 3 nights to increasing level, and plays music full blast.

Saw her yesterday and rather than get angry or make her think theres bad blood I smiled and said hi to her, she gave me a nasty look walked past me without stopping and said to her friend something in Polish in a loud irritated voice.

Oh well, at least I took the high ground and didn't act immature.
    • debitcardmayhem
    • By debitcardmayhem 12th May 18, 10:36 PM
    • 8,653 Posts
    • 6,535 Thanks
    debitcardmayhem
    I'm on a desktop, I don't have anything else that I can use

I posted about the missing spam button but MSE has never replied to the thread even though they have visited it to thank a post on it
    No worries there then , I have just marked your post as spam from my Desktop Oh and I thought I had better thank it before marking it as spam
    • Zinco
    • By Zinco 13th May 18, 3:23 PM
    • 471 Posts
    • 991 Thanks
    Zinco
    Aches and pains.

It's no fun getting old.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,228Posts Today

8,443Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin