Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,634Posts
    • 28,745Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 274
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 8th May 18, 10:35 PM
    • 12,926 Posts
    • 23,944 Thanks
    Sleazy
    It would certainly stop them from rolling down or wrinkling
    Originally posted by pipkin71
    Have you thought about pop sox?
    If they were under trousers, nobody would know
    (P)earl Of The Alphabetty
    Nabob Of None
    • tommix
    • By tommix 8th May 18, 11:38 PM
    • 37,576 Posts
    • 147,695 Thanks
    tommix
    One poster in the 'Arms' in two hours, between 9.30 and 11.30pm. [That be you sleazy]...back in the day you'd get a 100 posters during that period of time. Where did it all go wrong?
    • colinw
    • By colinw 9th May 18, 8:03 AM
    • 53,877 Posts
    • 148,990 Thanks
    colinw
    One poster in the 'Arms' in two hours, between 9.30 and 11.30pm. [That be you sleazy]...back in the day you'd get a 100 posters during that period of time. Where did it all go wrong?
    Originally posted by tommix
    It is indeed a sad situation tommix
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 9th May 18, 8:13 AM
    • 6,231 Posts
    • 20,438 Thanks
    indesisiv
    My 2nd display on my computer has decided to have a day switched off ....
    It still exists in windows and opens programs on it ... it just won't turn itself on so that I can see the said programs!
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
    • colinw
    • By colinw 9th May 18, 8:15 AM
    • 53,877 Posts
    • 148,990 Thanks
    colinw
    My 2nd display on my computer has decided to have a day switched off ....
    It still exists in windows and opens programs on it ... it just won't turn itself on so that I can see the said programs!
    Originally posted by indesisiv
    Speaking from an IT support point of view I think it might be &!@@@ed
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 9th May 18, 8:19 AM
    • 6,231 Posts
    • 20,438 Thanks
    indesisiv
    Speaking from an IT support point of view I think it might be &!@@@ed
    Originally posted by colinw
    Thanks, that's a proper professional view that is.
    At least I know a couple of shortcut keys so that the programs that open on there I can move to my other screen so that I can see them.

I diagnose it as driver issue, alas as I don't have admin rights I can't do anything to fix it.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 9th May 18, 8:21 AM
    • 53,877 Posts
    • 148,990 Thanks
    colinw
    Thanks, that's a proper professional view that is.
    At least I know a couple of shortcut keys so that the programs that open on there I can move to my other screen so that I can see them.

I diagnose it as driver issue, alas as I don't have admin rights I can't do anything to fix it.
    That drives me mad that the people who use the PC's do not have any rights to do anything, they do that here and I am forever typing in the admin password for people.....
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 9th May 18, 8:26 AM
    • 6,231 Posts
    • 20,438 Thanks
    indesisiv
    That drives me mad that the people who use the PC's do not have any rights to do anything, they do that here and I am forever typing in the admin password for people.....
    I get that people aren't allowed to do stuff, I've seen some of the people around here trying to use a computer! As for the admin password it would be nice if there wasn't a 3 or 4 day delay for IT to do anything.
    As it can't be fixed remotely (Its a bit of a try this try that for things like this) I fear it may take some time to fix.

The saving grace is that at least it hasn't shoveled all of my icons from both desktops onto 1...
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 9th May 18, 8:35 AM
    • 15,108 Posts
    • 20,660 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    I wondered if that was behind the recent spate of inane threads started by newbies. The forum owners trying to stimulate activity.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 9th May 18, 8:38 AM
    • 4,977 Posts
    • 16,967 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Yes it's sad that this part of the Forum doesn't get used as much at certain times of the day/night but.......

Tommix was here to notice there was only one poster about but didn't try to interact with them.

How many posters from 'back in the day' are still active/unbanned?

All of the posters from that time are that amount of time older and life does move on.
    I am older than I was and find that there is not enough to interest me to make me want to hang around much past 9pm even if I combine being on here with watching TV.

A prime example of the situation is the pub thread at the top, there used to be 3 stalwarts keeping it alive but then one got banned, one took unwell after retirement and the other was left with no-one to talk to late at night. Whose fault was all that? Life happens.
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 75.1
    Total so far - 3486.4
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 9th May 18, 8:40 AM
    • 4,977 Posts
    • 16,967 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    I wondered if that was behind the recent spate of inane threads started by newbies. The forum owners trying to stimulate activity.
    Originally posted by Gloomendoom
    That is why you are not allowed to critisize certain posters of inane threads

This week - 75.1
    Total so far - 3486.4
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 9th May 18, 8:51 AM
    • 15,108 Posts
    • 20,660 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    Ha ha! I know what's irritating my wife.

She just sent me a Whatsup message from work saying she'd forgotten her bra.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 9th May 18, 8:53 AM
    • 4,977 Posts
    • 16,967 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Ha ha! I know what's irritating my wife.

She just sent me a Whatsup message from work saying she'd forgotten her bra.
    Originally posted by Gloomendoom
    I wonder who told her

This week - 75.1
    Total so far - 3486.4
    • colinw
    • By colinw 9th May 18, 9:09 AM
    • 53,877 Posts
    • 148,990 Thanks
    colinw
    I get that people aren't allowed to do stuff, I've seen some of the people around here trying to use a computer! As for the admin password it would be nice if there wasn't a 3 or 4 day delay for IT to do anything.
    As it can't be fixed remotely (Its a bit of a try this try that for things like this) I fear it may take some time to fix.

The saving grace is that at least it hasn't shoveled all of my icons from both desktops onto 1...
    Oh that is rubbish! they have a lot of stuff here supported remotely as well but I am still around for more local stuff in this area like swapping screens and dealing with stuff that can not be done remote.....
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 9th May 18, 9:12 AM
    • 6,231 Posts
    • 20,438 Thanks
    indesisiv
    Oh that is rubbish! they have a lot of stuff here supported remotely as well but I am still around for more local stuff in this area like swapping screens and dealing with stuff that can not be done remote.....
    They are not based more than a 2 min walk away from my building!!
    To be fair it probably could be done remotely, its a software issue rather than a hardware issue.

The monitor works fine, its just windows not playing with it.
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 9th May 18, 9:13 AM
    • 15,108 Posts
    • 20,660 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    I wonder who told her
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    She went to the gym before work. I'm hoping that she realised when getting changed afterwards and not from a comment by some overly observant colleague.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 9th May 18, 9:15 AM
    • 53,877 Posts
    • 148,990 Thanks
    colinw
    They are not based more than a 2 min walk away from my building!!
    To be fair it probably could be done remotely, its a software issue rather than a hardware issue.

The monitor works fine, its just windows not playing with it.
    Tell you what on that one I have seen a full shut down fix that problem, not a restart but a full power off.....not sure if it resets something...that is on HP desktops though.
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 9th May 18, 9:32 AM
    • 6,231 Posts
    • 20,438 Thanks
    indesisiv
    Tell you what on that one I have seen a full shut down fix that problem, not a restart but a full power off.....not sure if it resets something...that is on HP desktops though.
    Yeah that fixed it yesterday .. alas today its not made any difference.
    What has helped though is forcing it onto vga by swapping with the other monitor and then replugging the cables the correct way.
    Strange as a simple unplug and replug had no effect. Oh well the strange world of windows we live in.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 9th May 18, 9:45 AM
    • 53,877 Posts
    • 148,990 Thanks
    colinw
    Yeah that fixed it yesterday .. alas today its not made any difference.
    What has helped though is forcing it onto vga by swapping with the other monitor and then replugging the cables the correct way.
    Strange as a simple unplug and replug had no effect. Oh well the strange world of windows we live in.
    I have seen that here as well where the digital feed from one will stop working so as you say swapping the cables around can fix that one.....as it is then using the vga interface..
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 9th May 18, 9:50 AM
    • 11,402 Posts
    • 30,570 Thanks
    suki1964

Go read in MSE feedback - tis a joke
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,188Posts Today

8,486Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've just heard about the 8 month pregnant woman shot through the stomach by a crossbow. Its both evil and medie? https://t.co/hQTOxWiXhj

• Major new guide... Brexit, what it means for you and your finances: M mortgages, savings, flights, consumer rights? https://t.co/SXCMG2qXwX

• Have you haggled on the high street in the last year? If so who with and did you succeed? Please vote in this week? https://t.co/fdzmmFfA4u

• Follow Martin