Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,579Posts
    • 28,544Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 274
    • pipkin71
    • By pipkin71 8th May 18, 11:40 AM
    • 19,360 Posts
    • 87,163 Thanks
    pipkin71

Had an image of short stockings and long suspenders!
    Maybe your legs are just too long
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    They are - which can be both a blessing and a curse I ordered some off eBay, via China, not thinking about the Chinese perhaps genetically being smaller. They didn't even come up to my knee
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
    • pipkin71
    • By pipkin71 8th May 18, 11:42 AM
    • 19,360 Posts
    • 87,163 Thanks
    pipkin71
    There's nothing worse than a sagging crotch.
    Originally posted by Pyxis

That's why I can't wear tights Even with another pair of pants over the outside to try and hold them up
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 8th May 18, 12:27 PM
    • 3,079 Posts
    • 9,557 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    With the heat comes the miges
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    And with the cold come the Magi. . .
    "Luck happens where hard work meets opportunity"
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 8th May 18, 1:01 PM
    • 36,536 Posts
    • 135,169 Thanks
    Pyxis

That's why I can't wear tights Even with another pair of pants over the outside to try and hold them up
    Originally posted by pipkin71
    The superman effect!

Tights are one reason why I always wear trousers these days!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 8th May 18, 5:41 PM
    • 4,494 Posts
    • 4,076 Thanks
    dekaspace
    One of those days, had job interview at 12 luckily at somewhere I know well as a client of, left 1 hour before interview knowing it can take as little as 20 minutes door to door but in rush hour like 30-40.

I saw bus arriving as I left my house ran and bus driver must of saw me and pulled into bus stop despite no one getting on or off, a few feet from door he closes the door and pulls out all whilst some people waiting for another bus I saw grin and laugh.

Got to inverview 10 minutes late, did phone in advance though and they told me it was an excellent interview.

Got back to town at 1 after interview, went to get food, drinks machine was broken so went without a drink, had an appointment at 2 arrived 10 minutes early and person didn't arrive to 2.20 and what I assumed to be a 20 minute appointment took 2 hours decided to have some food rather than cook at home went back to food place but when I left got bus and 1 minute into my 4 minute bus ride someome had a seizure, luckily their relatives were there and helped them but waited 30 minutes for ambulance and got call back saying they won't attend as person is no speaking and seems concious.

Finished journey home desperate for toilet came in and it leaked over my feet so had to mop up, then the mop slipped out my hands when cleaning.

Annoying day, and to be clear I was sympathetic for the guy who had seizure its more I felt it to be just another thing that happened on a bad day.

Was pouring with rain on and off all day too.
    • Frogletina
    • By Frogletina 8th May 18, 6:44 PM
    • 3,068 Posts
    • 11,108 Thanks
    Frogletina

I saw bus arriving as I left my house ran and bus driver must of saw me and pulled into bus stop despite no one getting on or off, a few feet from door he closes the door and pulls out all whilst some people waiting for another bus I saw grin and laugh.
    Originally posted by dekaspace
    I managed to get one over a bus driver the other day.

I was in town and the driver definitely saw me coming towards the bus and still pulled away from the bus stop. There is a another bus which goes a similar way but it doesn't go to the nearest bus stop to my house.

That other bus came soon after the first one, and I realised that the first one went into the railway station whereas the one I was on didn't - so I got off at the stop after that, and caught the original one. The bus driver still had a smirk when I got on, and said something that I didn't catch, but he knew he had underestimated me.

frogletina
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first

SPC 8 #441 £1567.31 SPC 9 #441 £1014.64 SPC 10 #441 £1164.13
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 8th May 18, 7:41 PM
    • 2,774 Posts
    • 3,704 Thanks
    ceredigion
    They are - which can be both a blessing and a curse I ordered some off eBay, via China, not thinking about the Chinese perhaps genetically being smaller. They didn't even come up to my knee
    You need some of these
    • pipkin71
    • By pipkin71 8th May 18, 8:33 PM
    • 19,360 Posts
    • 87,163 Thanks
    pipkin71
    You need some of these
    Originally posted by ceredigion
    It would certainly stop them from rolling down or wrinkling
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 8th May 18, 10:33 PM
    • 10,168 Posts
    • 18,080 Thanks
    Sleazy
    I managed to get one over a bus driver the other day.

I was in town and the driver definitely saw me coming towards the bus and still pulled away from the bus stop. There is a another bus which goes a similar way but it doesn't go to the nearest bus stop to my house.

That other bus came soon after the first one, and I realised that the first one went into the railway station whereas the one I was on didn't - so I got off at the stop after that, and caught the original one. The bus driver still had a smirk when I got on, and said something that I didn't catch, but he knew he had underestimated me.

frogletina
    Originally posted by Frogletina
    Bravo!
    I've done something similar in the past.
    A great feeling of 'satisfaction'. I think the other bus passengers were surprised by my reappearance later on the route as well!
    Cur Sleazy, Faffer of Nôtre Forum
    Lurker, Rattler Of Cages, Puller Of Both Legs And Chains
    Certified Member Of The Clique Of Idiots
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 8th May 18, 10:35 PM
    • 10,168 Posts
    • 18,080 Thanks
    Sleazy
    It would certainly stop them from rolling down or wrinkling
    Have you thought about pop sox?
    If they were under trousers, nobody would know
    Cur Sleazy, Faffer of Nôtre Forum
    Lurker, Rattler Of Cages, Puller Of Both Legs And Chains
    Certified Member Of The Clique Of Idiots
    • tommix
    • By tommix 8th May 18, 11:38 PM
    • 36,758 Posts
    • 145,797 Thanks
    tommix
    One poster in the 'Arms' in two hours, between 9.30 and 11.30pm. [That be you sleazy]...back in the day you'd get a 100 posters during that period of time. Where did it all go wrong?
    • colinw
    • By colinw 9th May 18, 8:03 AM
    • 52,479 Posts
    • 145,398 Thanks
    colinw
    One poster in the 'Arms' in two hours, between 9.30 and 11.30pm. [That be you sleazy]...back in the day you'd get a 100 posters during that period of time. Where did it all go wrong?
    Originally posted by tommix
    It is indeed a sad situation tommix
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 9th May 18, 8:13 AM
    • 5,972 Posts
    • 19,685 Thanks
    indesisiv
    My 2nd display on my computer has decided to have a day switched off ....
    It still exists in windows and opens programs on it ... it just won't turn itself on so that I can see the said programs!
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
    • colinw
    • By colinw 9th May 18, 8:15 AM
    • 52,479 Posts
    • 145,398 Thanks
    colinw
    My 2nd display on my computer has decided to have a day switched off ....
    It still exists in windows and opens programs on it ... it just won't turn itself on so that I can see the said programs!
    Originally posted by indesisiv
    Speaking from an IT support point of view I think it might be &!@@@ed
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 9th May 18, 8:19 AM
    • 5,972 Posts
    • 19,685 Thanks
    indesisiv
    Speaking from an IT support point of view I think it might be &!@@@ed
    Originally posted by colinw
    Thanks, that's a proper professional view that is.
    At least I know a couple of shortcut keys so that the programs that open on there I can move to my other screen so that I can see them.

I diagnose it as driver issue, alas as I don't have admin rights I can't do anything to fix it.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 9th May 18, 8:21 AM
    • 52,479 Posts
    • 145,398 Thanks
    colinw
    Thanks, that's a proper professional view that is.
    At least I know a couple of shortcut keys so that the programs that open on there I can move to my other screen so that I can see them.

I diagnose it as driver issue, alas as I don't have admin rights I can't do anything to fix it.
    Originally posted by indesisiv
    That drives me mad that the people who use the PC's do not have any rights to do anything, they do that here and I am forever typing in the admin password for people.....
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 9th May 18, 8:26 AM
    • 5,972 Posts
    • 19,685 Thanks
    indesisiv
    That drives me mad that the people who use the PC's do not have any rights to do anything, they do that here and I am forever typing in the admin password for people.....
    I get that people aren't allowed to do stuff, I've seen some of the people around here trying to use a computer! As for the admin password it would be nice if there wasn't a 3 or 4 day delay for IT to do anything.
    As it can't be fixed remotely (Its a bit of a try this try that for things like this) I fear it may take some time to fix.

The saving grace is that at least it hasn't shoveled all of my icons from both desktops onto 1...
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 9th May 18, 8:35 AM
    • 14,366 Posts
    • 19,196 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    I wondered if that was behind the recent spate of inane threads started by newbies. The forum owners trying to stimulate activity.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 9th May 18, 8:38 AM
    • 4,178 Posts
    • 15,236 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    It is indeed a sad situation tommix
    Yes it's sad that this part of the Forum doesn't get used as much at certain times of the day/night but.......

Tommix was here to notice there was only one poster about but didn't try to interact with them.

How many posters from 'back in the day' are still active/unbanned?

All of the posters from that time are that amount of time older and life does move on.
    I am older than I was and find that there is not enough to interest me to make me want to hang around much past 9pm even if I combine being on here with watching TV.

A prime example of the situation is the pub thread at the top, there used to be 3 stalwarts keeping it alive but then one got banned, one took unwell after retirement and the other was left with no-one to talk to late at night. Whose fault was all that? Life happens.
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 75.3
    Total so far - 2160.3
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 9th May 18, 8:40 AM
    • 4,178 Posts
    • 15,236 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    I wondered if that was behind the recent spate of inane threads started by newbies. The forum owners trying to stimulate activity.
    Originally posted by Gloomendoom
    That is why you are not allowed to critisize certain posters of inane threads
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 75.3
    Total so far - 2160.3
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,418Posts Today

8,077Users online

Martin's Twitter