Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,578Posts
    • 28,541Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 258
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 19th Apr 18, 4:08 PM
    • 7,715 Posts
    • 13,918 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Glorious weather outside though it brings out fashion disasters. Some women need to wear a top that covers their bra. Who in the right mind thinks wearing a bright blue strapless top with a white STRAPPED bra looks good? Bras belong to the clothing group underwear and they should be for UNDER what you are wearing.
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 19th Apr 18, 4:30 PM
    • 7,817 Posts
    • 22,993 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    Son's assertion "I know what I'm doing, Mother" when the evidence is contradictory.

Youth is so wasted on the young. Along with all those healthy organs...
    • Quizzical Squirrel
    • By Quizzical Squirrel 19th Apr 18, 4:43 PM
    • 205 Posts
    • 4,680 Thanks
    Quizzical Squirrel
    Paint colour cards.
    Paint colour names.
    Actual paint samples that you've paid for based on the colour card and the name.
    Do I need to say more?

Yes, I do want to say more.
    Why is this one even categorised as a grey when the actual paint comes out of the tin looking like a hot dog sausage?
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 19th Apr 18, 4:49 PM
    • 9,414 Posts
    • 16,043 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Skype customer service spam.
    Today I don't have the desire to bash them, so I'll come back later.
    Cur Sleazy
    There are those who say what's in their mind
    And those who mind what they say
    And the In-Betweeners
    Egypt & Switzerland
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 19th Apr 18, 4:51 PM
    • 2,772 Posts
    • 8,469 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    Paint colour cards.
    Paint colour names.
    Actual paint samples that you've paid for based on the colour card and the name.
    Do I need to say more?

Yes, I do want to say more.
    Why is this one even categorised as a grey when the actual paint comes out of the tin looking like a hot dog sausage?
    Originally posted by Quizzical Squirrel
    Paint names always make me smile.
    The actual colour is another thing. It depends to quite a large extent on the "temperature" ie the colour of the light used to view it in. And that colour can be reflected from other colours remember.
    I imagine that paint companies go to a fair bit of trouble to get all the colour profiles right so that the colours match between the dry paint and the card.
    The only way to be somewhere near sure is to look at the colour of the sample on the actual surface you are painting, in the light it will be most sen in.
    "Luck happens where hard work meets opportunity"
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 19th Apr 18, 4:58 PM
    • 1,540 Posts
    • 4,459 Thanks
    Izadora
    Bras belong to the clothing group underwear and they should be for UNDER what you are wearing.
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    I feel like I end up having this argument every summer - the fact that the straps are showing does not change the fact that the bra is being worn under clothes.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 19th Apr 18, 5:12 PM
    • 9,414 Posts
    • 16,043 Thanks
    Sleazy
    ... Bras belong to the clothing group underwear and they should be for UNDER what you are wearing.
    I feel like I end up having this argument every summer - the fact that the straps are showing does not change the fact that the bra is being worn under clothes.
    Originally posted by Izadora
    How about this 'fashionista'?

Thanks, but no thanks.
    Cur Sleazy
    And the In-Betweeners
    Egypt & Switzerland
    • pipkin71
    • By pipkin71 19th Apr 18, 5:45 PM
    • 19,360 Posts
    • 87,163 Thanks
    pipkin71
    Swallowed a fly
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    Did you swallow a spider after that?
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
    • pipkin71
    • By pipkin71 19th Apr 18, 5:49 PM
    • 19,360 Posts
    • 87,163 Thanks
    pipkin71
    How about this 'fashionista'?

Thanks, but no thanks.
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    The toes on the left foot would prevent me wearing sandals, if they were mine
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 19th Apr 18, 6:37 PM
    • 14,154 Posts
    • 18,743 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    Glorious weather outside though it brings out fashion disasters. Some women need to wear a top that covers their bra. Who in the right mind thinks wearing a bright blue strapless top with a white STRAPPED bra looks good? Bras belong to the clothing group underwear and they should be for UNDER what you are wearing.
    One of my wife's pet hates. If her bra straps show she adjusts them so they don't, goes braless, or finds something else to wear.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. - Mark Twain
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 19th Apr 18, 6:49 PM
    • 27,899 Posts
    • 15,181 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Barbers somehow having an inability to cut my hair properly. My regular barber was ok but has retired and left the business to his daughter. She is rubbish. I have let her at my hair twice and not been happy with it. Anytime i have tried other barbers i havent been impressed with them either. So now i have said stuff it and got it all shaved off. I dont like that either but its the lesser of two evils.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 19th Apr 18, 6:51 PM
    • 27,899 Posts
    • 15,181 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    I posted a question about a forthcoming videogame on a facebook page for the game and got a load of smart a..e comments.
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 19th Apr 18, 7:25 PM
    • 4,441 Posts
    • 3,965 Thanks
    dekaspace

I was told off before as a few years ago I saw a girl wearing like a modern i.e barely covering body Daisy Dukes (what Daisy Duke wore would seem modest in comparison!)walking through city centre, without a bra on, certain body feature in full view, jeans cut into shorts so short in fact they are basically y fronts (if not smaller)

Not to sound pervy but she was at least a DD cup, braless, wearing those short shorts and a top that basically was a bra walking through town centre on a warm summer day.

People were staring more because of how she dressed rather than perving and through all this I heard her talk about how men are treating her like a piece of meat and couldn't keep their eyes off her, typical men.

Anyway today I saw junkie up town, shirtless with his big beer gut downing cans of super Skol in town centre and shouting to his pals across the road drawing attention to him.
    • coffeehound
    • By coffeehound 20th Apr 18, 12:26 PM
    • 1,422 Posts
    • 2,275 Thanks
    coffeehound
    Well it's all about the plastic all of a sudden. It's irritating that we've known it's a problem for decades, but it has had to become a fashionable issue before anyone does anything about it.
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 20th Apr 18, 12:48 PM
    • 3,963 Posts
    • 14,646 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Had the first bee of the year in my house today and I was an hour trying to shoo it out again, big burger it was too
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 80.6
    Total so far - 1833.8
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 20th Apr 18, 1:12 PM
    • 9,414 Posts
    • 16,043 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Had the first bee of the year in my house today and I was an hour trying to shoo it out again, big burger it was too
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    Was his name Gerhard?
    Cur Sleazy
    And the In-Betweeners
    Egypt & Switzerland
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 20th Apr 18, 1:21 PM
    • 12,334 Posts
    • 16,642 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    I'm starting a new contract on Monday - the lady at the agency who helped me secure it sent the contract document to my umbrella accountant firm on Tuesday morning.

They've sent it back asking me to sign 2 pages opting out of the Conduct Regulations 2003 (which I did on the last contract) and the Working Time Regulations 1998 (which I never do) but didn't send it back until 12:25 this afternoon.

So if I wanted to take my own legal advice about the first opt out (as advised in the document) I can't do it today as there won't be any appointments available at local solicitors, nor can I do it from Monday since I'll be working at a different site.
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?

I live in the UK City of Culture 2021

I had to put mothballs in my wallet - the moths had learned the PINs to my cards...
    • cjdavies
    • By cjdavies 20th Apr 18, 1:29 PM
    • 3,361 Posts
    • 3,589 Thanks
    cjdavies
    Virgin Media bill increase now - 40

For that it's:
    70Mb Broadband
    Talk mWeekends
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 20th Apr 18, 1:32 PM
    • 3,963 Posts
    • 14,646 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Was his name Gerhard?
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    sorry, you lost me with that one

This week - 80.6
    Total so far - 1833.8
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 20th Apr 18, 2:00 PM
    • 3,963 Posts
    • 14,646 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    I think the Virgin engineers must be working in my area somewhere, my broadband has dropped 3 times in the last hour for about 5 minutes each time

This week - 80.6
    Total so far - 1833.8
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

563Posts Today

5,675Users online

Martin's Twitter