Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,573Posts
    • 28,526Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 257
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 17th Apr 18, 9:34 AM
    • 8,540 Posts
    • 13,946 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Bits of crisps in between my teeth .....
    Sleazy
    In Vino Veritas, In Aqua Sanitas
    • pipkin71
    • By pipkin71 17th Apr 18, 1:15 PM
    • 19,344 Posts
    • 86,957 Thanks
    pipkin71
    This shouldn't be an irritation but I sorted out some designer outfits that were stored away for special occasions and they no longer fit. I'm happy with the figure I have now but when I think about how much I paid for them and that a couple have only been worn once or twice, it does make me think hmmph!
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
    • pipkin71
    • By pipkin71 17th Apr 18, 1:17 PM
    • 19,344 Posts
    • 86,957 Thanks
    pipkin71
    Bits of crisps in between my teeth .....
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    I smiled for a photo once, not thinking about the sesame seeds I had just eaten so if anyone zooms in on my smile...
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
    • avogadro
    • By avogadro 17th Apr 18, 2:50 PM
    • 4,002 Posts
    • 7,100 Thanks
    avogadro
    This shouldn't be an irritation but I sorted out some designer outfits that were stored away for special occasions and they no longer fit. I'm happy with the figure I have now but when I think about how much I paid for them and that a couple have only been worn once or twice, it does make me think hmmph!
    Originally posted by pipkin71
    Would it be worth EBaying them?
    • pipkin71
    • By pipkin71 17th Apr 18, 3:28 PM
    • 19,344 Posts
    • 86,957 Thanks
    pipkin71
    Would it be worth EBaying them?
    Originally posted by avogadro
    I have thought about listing them on Ebay as I would at least get something back in return but part of me thinks it is just easier to send them to the charity shop
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 17th Apr 18, 3:45 PM
    • 8,540 Posts
    • 13,946 Thanks
    Sleazy
    I'm not Seven Foot Ten.
    I don't have a 35 inch waist.

I'd settle for either, but not both together please,
    Sleazy
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 17th Apr 18, 5:16 PM
    • 34,850 Posts
    • 129,394 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I'd keep them.

You never know if your figure might change, and then you might regret it.

I gave away all my big jeans and expensive bras when I lost weight a while ago, because I wasn't ever going to put weight on again, but then I was ill and laid up continuously in bed for months and months and months ( well, two years, really). and had to stop my exercise classes, and put loads back on.
    I could have done with the bras in particular.

(Am losing it again now, but it will take a while again).
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • pipkin71
    • By pipkin71 17th Apr 18, 6:21 PM
    • 19,344 Posts
    • 86,957 Thanks
    pipkin71
    I'd keep them.

You never know if your figure might change, and then you might regret it.

I gave away all my big jeans and expensive bras when I lost weight a while ago, because I wasn't ever going to put weight on again, but then I was ill and laid up continuously in bed for months and months and months ( well, two years, really). and had to stop my exercise classes, and put loads back on.
    I could have done with the bras in particular.

(Am losing it again now, but it will take a while again).
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    You have a point but I hope I never go back to that size. You never know, though
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 17th Apr 18, 6:24 PM
    • 8,540 Posts
    • 13,946 Thanks
    Sleazy
    You have a point but I hope I never go back to that size. You never know, though
    You could be correct - once I lose the weight that I want (another 3 or 4 stone), I don't think I'll be keeping my 'too big' clothes. Once I've lost it, I don't want it back - ever!
    Sleazy
    • pipkin71
    • By pipkin71 17th Apr 18, 7:12 PM
    • 19,344 Posts
    • 86,957 Thanks
    pipkin71
    You could be correct - once I lose the weight that I want (another 3 or 4 stone), I don't think I'll be keeping my 'too big' clothes. Once I've lost it, I don't want it back - ever!
    Good luck with it, Sleazy
    • avogadro
    • By avogadro 17th Apr 18, 7:35 PM
    • 4,002 Posts
    • 7,100 Thanks
    avogadro
    I can't be damned with hitting the spam button non-stop. MSE you need to prevent these bots from being able to get through your registration process.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 17th Apr 18, 7:37 PM
    • 8,540 Posts
    • 13,946 Thanks
    Sleazy
    I can't be damned with hitting the spam button non-stop. MSE you need to prevent these bots from being able to get through your registration process.
    Originally posted by avogadro
    Been hitting it like crazy today
    Sleazy
    • pipkin71
    • By pipkin71 17th Apr 18, 8:54 PM
    • 19,344 Posts
    • 86,957 Thanks
    pipkin71
    My daughter keeps sending me pictures of dried up river beds to show me what my face is going to look like when I'm old
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 17th Apr 18, 9:33 PM
    • 2,699 Posts
    • 3,574 Thanks
    ceredigion
    I'm not Seven Foot Ten.
    I don't have a 35 inch waist.

I'd settle for either, but not both together please,
    Where did that come from ?
    What is wrong with tall and slim.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 17th Apr 18, 9:39 PM
    • 36,622 Posts
    • 82,942 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    My daughter keeps sending me pictures of dried up river beds to show me what my face is going to look like when I'm old
    Be nice to your kids. They get to choose your nursing home.

Be nice to your parents. They decide who gets what in your will.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 17th Apr 18, 9:41 PM
    • 13,932 Posts
    • 18,320 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    Just realised that I have lost my car keys. At least 150 for replacements.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. - Mark Twain
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 18th Apr 18, 8:45 AM
    • 3,696 Posts
    • 14,032 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    This site is soooooo slooooow this morning whether logged in or not, is it just me?

I cleared all my cookies and cashe last night trying to get the spam button back on here and all it seems to have done is logged me out of all of my favourite sites, I have spent most of the morning logging in all over the place
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 77.7
    Total so far - 1537.8
    • Zinco
    • By Zinco 18th Apr 18, 8:50 AM
    • 154 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    Zinco
    Yes it is very slow today.
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 18th Apr 18, 8:53 AM
    • 13,914 Posts
    • 54,149 Thanks
    joansgirl
    This site is soooooo slooooow this morning whether logged in or not, is it just me?

I cleared all my cookies and cashe last night trying to get the spam button back on here and all it seems to have done is logged me out of all of my favourite sites, I have spent most of the morning logging in all over the place
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    Nope, not just you, I'm losing the will to live now so logging off and trying again later
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...

Finito
    • avogadro
    • By avogadro 18th Apr 18, 9:49 AM
    • 4,002 Posts
    • 7,100 Thanks
    avogadro
    It is very slow this morning, I wonder if it's to do with the planned maintenance tonight?

My irritation for the day would be that this site seems to be getting ever more full of spam, trolls or multiple AE accounts, which the forum team don't seem to have the resources to deal with, so probably worth taking a self-imposed break from here for a while.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,189Posts Today

7,106Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin