Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,617Posts
    • 28,685Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 257
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 18th Apr 18, 6:00 PM
    • 14,397 Posts
    • 55,988 Thanks
    joansgirl
    While the sunny weather is a pleasant relief from the previous relentless rain it never ceases to amaze me what happens as soon as the sun comes out.

Massively overweight people in tight, bright lycra lumbering round the lake path in a vain bid to get fit. Will probably be the only time they do this...until the first nice day next year.

Off lead out of control dogs that only ever get outside when the sun shines and then proceed to cause havoc for the regulars whose dogs are on leads and under control.

Kids on motorbikes and scooters zooming up and down the 5MPH access road whose machines sound like angry wasps in biscuit tins.

Cars with soft tops down and their music blasting out for the entertainment of the masses. And drivers of said cars looking around to see how many people are looking at them.

Gnats and mozzies and bugs that get in your mouth and up yer nose.

Idiots that don't read the notices about not feeding the water fowl bread (as it causes massive problems with the lake's water quality) who proceed to chuck a months worth of Kingsmill in the lake at the half dozen or so birds that have managed to survive the toxic water.

OK, rant over
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 18th Apr 18, 6:28 PM
    • 4,633 Posts
    • 4,221 Thanks
    dekaspace
    Interesting day, first just before I went to bed I dropped something down the back of radiator, got my hand stuck trying to get it out and had to lift the radiator at one corner to get it out which caused it to come away from wall(not the bracket) this caused problem with the pipe as even when I got it back on bracket it dripped all night so had to get council round to fix it, ended up needing new hose pipe, at least its got a modern thermostat on now.

Then when I was in shower I had electric heater on next to radiator to dry carpet this tripped my electric.

Then when I get ready to leave a message from a sensible friend (one who deals with mentally ill friend like a carer) saying that friend A whom I think is autistic going by past actions and this (and/or depression) got some cannabis and gave a small bit to friend B, the one who has mental health problems that caused him to get sectioned 2 years ago after a breakdown where he turned to cannabis and alcohol! This has caused friend B to get paranoid and punch dents into his doors in his flat and get agressive all which Friend A knows never to share cannabis with friend B (hes not malicious, he thinks she is being a good friend and gets surprised when it hits the fan hence one of reasons I suspect hes autistic)

So what a day and its my 1 day off this week and I was wanting to go out and get some food!
    • Topcat123
    • By Topcat123 18th Apr 18, 6:34 PM
    • 820 Posts
    • 511 Thanks
    Topcat123
    Been trying to contact google for help but I don't know the number.
    • Topcat123
    • By Topcat123 18th Apr 18, 6:38 PM
    • 820 Posts
    • 511 Thanks
    Topcat123
    Interesting day, first just before I went to bed I dropped something down the back of radiator, got my hand stuck trying to get it out and had to lift the radiator at one corner to get it out which caused it to come away from wall(not the bracket) this caused problem with the pipe as even when I got it back on bracket it dripped all night so had to get council round to fix it, ended up needing new hose pipe, at least its got a modern thermostat on now.

Then when I was in shower I had electric heater on next to radiator to dry carpet this tripped my electric.

Then when I get ready to leave a message from a sensible friend (one who deals with mentally ill friend like a carer) saying that friend A whom I think is autistic going by past actions and this (and/or depression) got some cannabis and gave a small bit to friend B, the one who has mental health problems that caused him to get sectioned 2 years ago after a breakdown where he turned to cannabis and alcohol! This has caused friend B to get paranoid and punch dents into his doors in his flat and get agressive all which Friend A knows never to share cannabis with friend B (hes not malicious, he thinks she is being a good friend and gets surprised when it hits the fan hence one of reasons I suspect hes autistic)

So what a day and its my 1 day off this week and I was wanting to go out and get some food!
    Originally posted by dekaspace
    leave a message from a sensible friend ?

Dont you mean to?
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 18th Apr 18, 7:09 PM
    • 11,696 Posts
    • 21,465 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Been trying to contact google for help but I don't know the number.
    Originally posted by Topcat123
    Why is there never any spam when you need some?
    (P)earl Of The Alphabetty
    Nabob Of None
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 18th Apr 18, 8:16 PM
    • 4,633 Posts
    • 4,221 Thanks
    dekaspace

Dont you mean to?

No they messaged me, I meant as I went to leave I received a message from a sensible friend.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 18th Apr 18, 8:22 PM
    • 11,696 Posts
    • 21,465 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Then when I get ready to leave, a message from a sensible friend ...

Dont you mean to?
    No they messaged me, I meant as I went to leave I received a message from a sensible friend.
    I think that the problem was a missing comma.
    Edited above.
    Nabob Of None
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 18th Apr 18, 8:31 PM
    • 4,633 Posts
    • 4,221 Thanks
    dekaspace
    And the day got worse, as I was getting to bus stop missed one bus one came a minute behind but as it pulled in got a message from relative begging again that "girlfriend" is being harassed by her landlord again as shes in rent arrears and unless she gets 100 by midnight tonight shes on street.

Well thats the same thing that happens on the same day every month!

Then on way back from town 1 of the kids that gave me abuse was there, waited for me to sit on seat at the bus shelter then came up to me and made spitting gestures then when I ignored that threatened me and gave me other abuse, he got same bus not sure if its lucky or not but it was just me and him on bus (so CCTV has evidence) he again waited until I sat down and picked seat 2 rows in front (maybe as he was worried 1 row was grabbing distance) then threatened me again, gave me abuse, I blanked him which made him more agitated. luckily it was only a 5 minute journey and he got off at stop before.

What was it that made today so bad? Id understand if it was last Friday!
    Last edited by dekaspace; 18-04-2018 at 8:33 PM.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 18th Apr 18, 8:49 PM
    • 38,759 Posts
    • 143,304 Thanks
    Pyxis
    And the day got worse, as I was getting to bus stop missed one bus one came a minute behind but as it pulled in got a message from relative begging again that "girlfriend" is being harassed by her landlord again as shes in rent arrears and unless she gets 100 by midnight tonight shes on street.

Well thats the same thing that happens on the same day every month!

Then on way back from town 1 of the kids that gave me abuse was there, waited for me to sit on seat at the bus shelter then came up to me and made spitting gestures then when I ignored that threatened me and gave me other abuse, he got same bus not sure if its lucky or not but it was just me and him on bus (so CCTV has evidence) he again waited until I sat down and picked seat 2 rows in front (maybe as he was worried 1 row was grabbing distance) then threatened me again, gave me abuse, I blanked him which made him more agitated. luckily it was only a 5 minute journey and he got off at stop before.

What was it that made today so bad? Id understand if it was last Friday!
    Did you by any chance once get swallowed by a whale?
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    • Frogletina
    • By Frogletina 18th Apr 18, 10:01 PM
    • 3,071 Posts
    • 11,124 Thanks
    Frogletina
    I had a bad day with buses today, and Sainsburys.

I used the new Smart checkout with only 5 items - but when I came to pay I got a message about the items needing to be re-scanned and the first assistant could not help, nor the second, third or fourth. One of them decided it would be quicker to rescan at a till, so that's what she did.

When I got to the bus stop, late, at 7.00, I'd missed one bus but there was another at 7.12, except it didn't come. The one at 7.23 came - but was full and the driver refused to take any more passengers despite letting some off. The third bus was late, about 7.35, and I eventually got home at 7.45.

Evening topped off by my TV not recording two programmes tonight, and then my YouView box froze.

frogletina
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first

SPC 8 #441 1567.31 SPC 9 #441 1014.64 SPC 10 #441 1164.13
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 19th Apr 18, 6:19 AM
    • 11,696 Posts
    • 21,465 Thanks
    Sleazy
    ^^^^^^

I'm irritated that apparently the forum wasn't down at 10 PM as stated!

Ok, only joking .....
    Nabob Of None
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 19th Apr 18, 6:21 AM
    • 11,696 Posts
    • 21,465 Thanks
    Sleazy
    I had a bad day with buses today, and Sainsburys.

I used the new Smart checkout with only 5 items - but when I came to pay I got a message about the items needing to be re-scanned and the first assistant could not help, nor the second, third or fourth. One of them decided it would be quicker to rescan at a till, so that's what she did.

When I got to the bus stop, late, at 7.00, I'd missed one bus but there was another at 7.12, except it didn't come. The one at 7.23 came - but was full and the driver refused to take any more passengers despite letting some off. The third bus was late, about 7.35, and I eventually got home at 7.45.

Evening topped off by my TV not recording two programmes tonight, and then my YouView box froze.

frogletina
    Originally posted by Frogletina
    This sounds exactly like my experience yesterday with buses and Sainsbury's, except I was about an hour before you!
    Nabob Of None
    • Zinco
    • By Zinco 19th Apr 18, 6:29 AM
    • 473 Posts
    • 998 Thanks
    Zinco
    Yesterdays irritation.

The smell of BO and i don't mean mine.

Remember your arm pits and never more so on a hot day!
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 19th Apr 18, 11:40 AM
    • 8,074 Posts
    • 24,665 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    My ordinarily sensible (within reason) son, the one who wants to be a paramedic, had friends round, had a bonfire & burned his left hand. Didn't mention it, concealed it under sticky plasters for the university paramedic course open day & only when I spotted it unwrapped, admitted to it. "It's fine, Mother..."
    He's too big for me to drag to the drop in centre but this morning sense finally dawned, he elected to take himself to a medic & is now on antibiotics, swathed in proper dressings & to report back on Saturday for an official unwrapping & review.
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 19th Apr 18, 2:04 PM
    • 4,530 Posts
    • 15,996 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Swallowed a fly
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 79.2
    Total so far - 2927.2
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 19th Apr 18, 2:31 PM
    • 4,633 Posts
    • 4,221 Thanks
    dekaspace
    No idea if its some random thing but first my pc which I reinstalled Windows the other day kept going between 1 hour ahead and 1 hour behind, now MSE shows everything 1 hour behind too.

Did mess with my head as one night rushed to bed as it was later than I thought then the clock next morning was a hour earlier than I thought which I thought couldn't be right.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 19th Apr 18, 4:08 PM
    • 7,859 Posts
    • 14,140 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Glorious weather outside though it brings out fashion disasters. Some women need to wear a top that covers their bra. Who in the right mind thinks wearing a bright blue strapless top with a white STRAPPED bra looks good? Bras belong to the clothing group underwear and they should be for UNDER what you are wearing.
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 19th Apr 18, 4:30 PM
    • 8,074 Posts
    • 24,665 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    Son's assertion "I know what I'm doing, Mother" when the evidence is contradictory.

Youth is so wasted on the young. Along with all those healthy organs...
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 19th Apr 18, 4:49 PM
    • 11,696 Posts
    • 21,465 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Skype customer service spam.
    Today I don't have the desire to bash them, so I'll come back later.
    Nabob Of None
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 19th Apr 18, 4:51 PM
    • 4,026 Posts
    • 13,205 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    Paint colour cards.
    Paint colour names.
    Actual paint samples that you've paid for based on the colour card and the name.
    Do I need to say more?

Yes, I do want to say more.
    Why is this one even categorised as a grey when the actual paint comes out of the tin looking like a hot dog sausage?
    Originally posted by Quizzical Squirrel
    Paint names always make me smile.
    The actual colour is another thing. It depends to quite a large extent on the "temperature" ie the colour of the light used to view it in. And that colour can be reflected from other colours remember.
    I imagine that paint companies go to a fair bit of trouble to get all the colour profiles right so that the colours match between the dry paint and the card.
    The only way to be somewhere near sure is to look at the colour of the sample on the actual surface you are painting, in the light it will be most sen in.
    "Luck happens where hard work meets opportunity"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

398Posts Today

4,294Users online

Martin's Twitter