Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,574Posts
    • 28,529Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 256
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 15th Apr 18, 8:13 PM
    • 8,660 Posts
    • 14,242 Thanks
    Sleazy
    The Beta Blockers I'm taking for certain issues are having an unexpected side effect. They have made my bowel work properly for the first time in years.

Now really, this is a good thing as it's been troublesome for some time but where it's now moving more freely I'm producing a rather large amount of wind which even scares me dog
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    The relaxing effect, I suppose! That's an unexpected bonus!

Well, you're getting your own back on Baillie, anyway! There is some justice!
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    Best take care, we recently had a discussion on Alphabetty's concerning whether the gases effluent from the body were inflammable or not. I believe the consensus was that they were!
    Sleazy
    In Vino Veritas, In Aqua Sanitas
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 15th Apr 18, 9:08 PM
    • 4,412 Posts
    • 9,177 Thanks
    minimad1970
    Over the years I've had loads of these Adidas trainers. I've just dug out a couple of old pairs but the shell toe and the white sole have turned yellow. I've googled and tried the toothpaste remedy but it didn't work Anyone know what else to try?

Last edited by minimad1970; 15-04-2018 at 9:48 PM.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 15th Apr 18, 9:29 PM
    • 35,002 Posts
    • 129,912 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Over the years I've had loads of these Adidas trainers. I've just dug out a couple of old pairs but the hell toe and the white trim have turned yellow. I've googled and tried the toothpaste remedy but it didn't work Anyone know what else to try?

Originally posted by minimad1970
    Can you still buy that whitening stuff we used to sponge onto our tennis plimsolls?
    That might do it. Have a look in the shoe polish rack in supermarkets or in cobblers' shops, or even shoe shops.

Here's one type........

(I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 15th Apr 18, 9:47 PM
    • 4,412 Posts
    • 9,177 Thanks
    minimad1970
    Can you still buy that whitening stuff we used to sponge onto our tennis plimsolls?
    That might do it. Have a look in the shoe polish rack in supermarkets or in cobblers' shops, or even shoe shops.

Here's one type........

Originally posted by Pyxis
    Oh yes, thanks Pyxis I'd forgotten about that stuff.
    • Judi
    • By Judi 15th Apr 18, 11:21 PM
    • 16,131 Posts
    • 70,178 Thanks
    Judi
    Must be nice to be able to switch off when its convenient.
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 16th Apr 18, 8:19 AM
    • 3,742 Posts
    • 14,151 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Still sore
    Dog had a sneezing fit at 5am this morning that scared the life out of him and came up for some comforting, trouble is that he jumped up onto the bed and clambered all over me
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 66.6
    Total so far - 1604.4
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 16th Apr 18, 1:31 PM
    • 3,742 Posts
    • 14,151 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    I am going to stop picking up pennies when I see them, they bring me no luck other than bad

I found one this morning when out with the dog and first thing I did when I got home was to break the bird seed feeder when I was filling it so I had to go out again to get another one
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 66.6
    Total so far - 1604.4
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 16th Apr 18, 1:39 PM
    • 2,511 Posts
    • 7,515 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    Over the years I've had loads of these Adidas trainers. I've just dug out a couple of old pairs but the shell toe and the white sole have turned yellow. I've googled and tried the toothpaste remedy but it didn't work Anyone know what else to try?

Originally posted by minimad1970
    I wondered about using peroxide, so I Googled and found this:
    http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/how-to-whiten-yellowed-plastic/

The only trouble with that pump whitening stuff, is it's just a sort of powdery paint, or at least it used to be in the dim and distant past when I last used it!
    "Luck happens where hard work meets opportunity"
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 16th Apr 18, 4:03 PM
    • 4,372 Posts
    • 3,835 Thanks
    dekaspace
    As the school holidays are over, back to loudness from neighbours as in I was woken early by kids screaming and running about, then gathering of people again.

Its tolerable but still bloody loud!
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 16th Apr 18, 4:04 PM
    • 12,307 Posts
    • 16,573 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    The posters are back in droves.

They are definitely using robotic process automation software, or something very much like it, with multiple logins, to post their garbage.

MSE Towers, you need to do something more about this.
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?

I live in the UK City of Culture 2021

I had to put mothballs in my wallet - the moths had learned the PINs to my cards...
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 16th Apr 18, 4:21 PM
    • 8,660 Posts
    • 14,242 Thanks
    Sleazy
    The posters are back in droves.

They are definitely using robotic process automation software, or something very much like it, with multiple logins, to post their garbage.

MSE Towers, you need to do something more about this.
    Originally posted by MothballsWallet
    I see the forum is down on Wednesday Evening:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74167863#post74167863

Maybe anti spam measures are part of what's going on? (Hopefully)
    Sleazy
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 16th Apr 18, 4:23 PM
    • 12,307 Posts
    • 16,573 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    I see the forum is down on Wednesday Evening:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74167863#post74167863

Maybe anti spam measures are part of what's going on? (Hopefully)
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    Maybe. But I doubt it.
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?

I live in the UK City of Culture 2021

I had to put mothballs in my wallet - the moths had learned the PINs to my cards...
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 16th Apr 18, 4:35 PM
    • 706 Posts
    • 1,692 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    This morning when I was lying in bed just after my alarm went off, the cat jumped on my chest for some fuss. Nothing wrong with that at all......................... until he sneezed in my face.

There's nothing like a face full of cat snot to make you get out of bed in the morning.
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 16th Apr 18, 5:33 PM
    • 4,412 Posts
    • 9,177 Thanks
    minimad1970

There's nothing like a face full of cat snot to make you get out of bed in the morning.
    Originally posted by NaughtiusMaximus
    Hearing my dog retching has a similar effect
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 16th Apr 18, 7:06 PM
    • 8,660 Posts
    • 14,242 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Jorge and his
    Sleazy
    • avogadro
    • By avogadro 16th Apr 18, 7:12 PM
    • 4,004 Posts
    • 7,102 Thanks
    avogadro
    The Beta Blockers I'm taking for certain issues are having an unexpected side effect. They have made my bowel work properly for the first time in years.

Now really, this is a good thing as it's been troublesome for some time but where it's now moving more freely I'm producing a rather large amount of wind which even scares me dog
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    I took beta blockers years ago, when I was a student but they gave me diarrhoea. A fellow student also had to stop taking them, for the same reason.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 16th Apr 18, 7:17 PM
    • 8,660 Posts
    • 14,242 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Taking an interest in someones facebook profile once in a while doesnt necessarily mean your a stalker....

Too late now.
    Originally posted by Judi
    What you been gone and done?
    Sleazy
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 16th Apr 18, 7:24 PM
    • 13,940 Posts
    • 54,271 Thanks
    joansgirl
    I took beta blockers years ago, when I was a student but they gave me diarrhoea. A fellow student also had to stop taking them, for the same reason.
    Originally posted by avogadro
    My IBS related constipation is huge and I'd rather have the wind and regular movements than tolerate how it was before After all, it's only poetic justice for the dawg
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...

Finito
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 16th Apr 18, 7:34 PM
    • 8,660 Posts
    • 14,242 Thanks
    Sleazy
    I was prescribed 'lactulose' by my GP but think you can buy it over the counter - works for me if I take too much codeine ...
    Sleazy
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 16th Apr 18, 7:39 PM
    • 13,940 Posts
    • 54,271 Thanks
    joansgirl
    I was prescribed 'lactulose' by my GP but think you can buy it over the counter - works for me if I take too much codeine ...
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    I find laxatives push me too far the other way

The beta blockers stop my system picking up the adrenaline I produce. The adrenaline (or excess adrenaline should I say) makes my bowel tense up and spasm which causes the constipation. So now the adrenaline has been blocked me bowel is behaving "normally".
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...

Finito
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,794Posts Today

7,004Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin