Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,573Posts
    • 28,526Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 252
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 8th Apr 18, 8:33 PM
    • 2,480 Posts
    • 7,403 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    Has the forum skin just changed slightly, or is it me?
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    You've got me wondering now!
    Dunno!
    "Luck happens where hard work meets opportunity"
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 8th Apr 18, 8:36 PM
    • 8,540 Posts
    • 13,948 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Or maybe we've entered an alternate universe where things are almost but not exactly the same ....

Bits (eg on 'New Posts' screen seem green when they weren't before)
    Last edited by Sleazy; 08-04-2018 at 8:38 PM.
    Sleazy
    In Vino Veritas, In Aqua Sanitas
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 8th Apr 18, 8:43 PM
    • 34,864 Posts
    • 129,473 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Looks the same to me.

But April is the time that Andrea said they'd be pulling the plug on the older green skins, and people who were on those would be put on the latest green skin, which I'm on anyway.

If you're not already on New Masthead Fixed Width (recommended) you soon will be , unless you're on the blue one.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 8th Apr 18, 8:46 PM
    • 8,540 Posts
    • 13,948 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Looks the same to me.

But April is the time that Andrea said they'd be pulling the plug on the older green skins, and people who were on those would be put on the latest green skin, which I'm on anyway.

If you're not already on New Masthead Fixed Width (recommended) you soon will be , unless you're on the blue one.
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    That's what I'm on. Mind you I have been drinking wine tonight!
    Probably a good reminder why I shouldn't ...
    Sleazy
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 8th Apr 18, 9:15 PM
    • 3,709 Posts
    • 14,055 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Noticed that the main forum index page has been updated when I click back to it rather than what it was when I was there last.
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 77.7
    Total so far - 1537.8
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 8th Apr 18, 9:21 PM
    • 8,540 Posts
    • 13,948 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Noticed that the main forum index page has been updated when I click back to it rather than what it was when I was there last.
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    Maybe I'm NOT going (more) crazy then!
    Sleazy
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 9th Apr 18, 8:37 AM
    • 696 Posts
    • 1,668 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    Looks the same to me, maybe it's specific to a particular browser.
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 9th Apr 18, 2:18 PM
    • 2,480 Posts
    • 7,403 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    It's funny, but I thought there was something vaguely different. Don't remember just when, but in the last couple of days.
    What though is another matter. TBH I don't take that much notice. The forum skin is "there", but unless it's particularly nausea inducing you don't "see" it.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 9th Apr 18, 2:39 PM
    • 34,864 Posts
    • 129,473 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Is it perhaps brighter?

Or less bright?

Two of the old green skins that are going are 'bright' and 'less bright'.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 9th Apr 18, 2:48 PM
    • 2,480 Posts
    • 7,403 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    I don't know. I had the impression there was possibly something missing, but what I can't see. Then again I go on two or three forums, so I'm really not sure.
    I'm using the default skin.
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 9th Apr 18, 6:00 PM
    • 13,920 Posts
    • 54,180 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Dogs. Why do we have them? Why does it seem to be their main aim to kill us?

I took Bailie out the front on to the green at lunchtime to facilitate peeing. She peed. Then she spotted a doggie friend that she wanted to say hello to so she pulled, really bloody hard. I pulled back and had it all under control until my feet lost grip on the sodden, muddy quagmire that is supposed to be the grass.

It was like in the cartoons. My feet went from under me and somehow when I fell my legs and feet went right up in the air and I landed heavily on my back, mostly on the right hand side.

The end result is an incredible amount of agony whenever I try to cough, sneeze, move, breathe
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...

Finito
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 9th Apr 18, 6:12 PM
    • 27,817 Posts
    • 15,070 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Waiting for a delivery. I hate it. When something doesnt arrive at the earliest realistic opportunity i get more and more stressed for every extra day it doesnt arrive.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 9th Apr 18, 6:46 PM
    • 34,864 Posts
    • 129,473 Thanks
    Pyxis

I took Bailie out the front on to the green at lunchtime to facilitate peeing. She peed. Then she spotted a doggie friend that she wanted to say hello to so she pulled, really bloody hard. I pulled back and had it all under control until my feet lost grip on the sodden, muddy quagmire that is supposed to be the grass.

It was like in the cartoons. My feet went from under me and somehow when I fell my legs and feet went right up in the air and I landed heavily on my back, mostly on the right hand side.

The end result is an incredible amount of agony whenever I try to cough, sneeze, move, breathe
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    Oh God, Gill! You haven't cracked a rib, have you?
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 9th Apr 18, 7:13 PM
    • 13,920 Posts
    • 54,180 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Yeah, probably, and feels like more than one. I honestly think she's trying to kill me

Even typing hurts, bloody animal

Finito
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 9th Apr 18, 7:31 PM
    • 34,864 Posts
    • 129,473 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Yeah, probably, and feels like more than one. I honestly think she's trying to kill me

Even typing hurts, bloody animal
    Do you think you should get to A&E, just to make sure that there isn't any risk of your lung getting punctured?

Just to be on the safe side?
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 9th Apr 18, 7:38 PM
    • 8,540 Posts
    • 13,948 Thanks
    Sleazy
    It hurts just thinking about it!

Might be best to be safe rather than sorry though ... hurting when you're breathing doesn't sound good!
    Sleazy
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 9th Apr 18, 8:11 PM
    • 13,920 Posts
    • 54,180 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Do you think you should get to A&E, just to make sure that there isn't any risk of your lung getting punctured?

Just to be on the safe side?
    I don't think it's that bad Pyxis, I've taken a couple paracetamol and it's bearable, especially when sitting doing nowt

I'm probably bruised and winded, that's all.

Annoyingly it's the same side (but at the back) that I injured a couple years ago, again by falling over I'd cracked a couple then and it feels similar.

Finito
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 9th Apr 18, 8:20 PM
    • 3,709 Posts
    • 14,055 Thanks
    Wizard of Id

Ouch!!!
    I hope you sleep OK tonight

I do feel your pain though, my dog has had me over a few times now and one of them resulted in a cracked rib, I know what that feels like from past experience.
    It's not just pulling me over, I have fallen over backwards twice because he has suddenly stopped pulling and I wasn't ready for it then fell backwards because I was leaning that way when he was pulling
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 77.7
    Total so far - 1537.8
    • pipkin71
    • By pipkin71 9th Apr 18, 8:58 PM
    • 19,349 Posts
    • 86,977 Thanks
    pipkin71
    That was my first thought as well
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 10th Apr 18, 8:47 AM
    • 13,920 Posts
    • 54,180 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Ouch!!!
    I hope you sleep OK tonight

I do feel your pain though, my dog has had me over a few times now and one of them resulted in a cracked rib, I know what that feels like from past experience.
    It's not just pulling me over, I have fallen over backwards twice because he has suddenly stopped pulling and I wasn't ready for it then fell backwards because I was leaning that way when he was pulling
    What are we like and why do we bother? Bloody dogs. The more I hear about yours the more I think he's related to Bailie somewhere down the line

Finito
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

206Posts Today

3,805Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin