Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,574Posts
    • 28,529Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 250
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 5th Apr 18, 2:42 PM
    • 8,574 Posts
    • 28,529 Thanks
    fairy lights
    people that care more about what their ex is doing now than they did before the break-up
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    what do you mean?
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 5th Apr 18, 2:57 PM
    • 3,739 Posts
    • 14,137 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    what do you mean?
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    just an observation
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 66.6
    Total so far - 1604.4
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 5th Apr 18, 3:10 PM
    • 7,555 Posts
    • 16,777 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    Twathole ex has gone and got himself a puppy. I heard the news while sat with the cat on my lap, the cat he abandoned when he left. Can't believe he can so easily replace his beautiful, hilarious cats with a scruffy mongrel.
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    My exOH got a Jack Russel straight after we split up - guess who ended up looking after it . .

P133y little animal!
    Should have joined Borrowmydoggy.com
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 5th Apr 18, 3:29 PM
    • 5,663 Posts
    • 18,659 Thanks
    indesisiv
    I feel your pain. And would add Hermes to the list.
    Originally posted by avogadro
    Hermes are great, they have never fail to either deliver to me or deliver for me.

My issue is stupid companies!!
    I ordered from a company in the netherlands, filled in the shipping address ... they have then only used my surname and street!
    There are lots of places on said street! Why couldn't they use the full address that they bloody asked me for.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 5th Apr 18, 3:32 PM
    • 2,502 Posts
    • 7,491 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    Local farmer with "bird scarer" obsession. Ignores the advice given by the NFU
    https://www.nfuonline.com/news/latest-news/download-our-bird-scarers-code-of-practice/
    (for anyone who is interested)
    We've got two or three of these damn things going off every 20 mins all through daylight hours for most of Spring and Summer now.
    I've watched pigeons in the field they are supposing to "protect" barely jump when they go off.
    And yes, he's been asked to be "reasonable" He isn't.
    Damn things should be banned!
    "Luck happens where hard work meets opportunity"
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 5th Apr 18, 4:00 PM
    • 8,574 Posts
    • 28,529 Thanks
    fairy lights
    just an observation
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    Hilarious.
    • Zinco
    • By Zinco 5th Apr 18, 4:23 PM
    • 170 Posts
    • 292 Thanks
    Zinco
    People cutting in on traffic jams!
    Originally posted by ShopForeverProducts

I feel your pain.
    • Zinco
    • By Zinco 5th Apr 18, 4:25 PM
    • 170 Posts
    • 292 Thanks
    Zinco
    I forgot to switch the slow cooker on before i left this morning.
    • Kered
    • By Kered 6th Apr 18, 8:30 AM
    • 3,146 Posts
    • 17,860 Thanks
    Kered
    People that stand in the middle of the pathway leaving no room to get past then look at you as if you were scum when you ask them to move
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 6th Apr 18, 9:12 AM
    • 8,645 Posts
    • 14,208 Thanks
    Sleazy
    People that stand in the middle of the pathway leaving no room to get past then look at you as if you were scum when you ask them to move
    Originally posted by Kered
    And those that walk 2 or 3 abreast, often with a buggy and think the path is 'theirs'.

I just stand there and wait for them to go around me, or if I am coming up behind them I have been known to make a 'beeping' noise as I approach.
    Sleazy
    In Vino Veritas, In Aqua Sanitas
    • Zinco
    • By Zinco 6th Apr 18, 10:38 AM
    • 170 Posts
    • 292 Thanks
    Zinco
    Originally posted by Kered
    And those that walk 2 or 3 abreast, often with a buggy and think the path is 'theirs'.

I just stand there and wait for them to go around me, or if I am coming up behind them I have been known to make a 'beeping' noise as I approach.
    Originally posted by Sleazy

It's 'The Selfish Society', i'm afraid
    • Money maker
    • By Money maker 6th Apr 18, 10:52 AM
    • 4,987 Posts
    • 11,336 Thanks
    Money maker

Theres a lot of it about. It's almost like they feel they're losing something if they move over so everyone can pass.

And dont even mention the blessed parent who spend more time stroking and talking lovingly to their mobile that their small child.
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed.

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite!
    • Pauciloquent 1
    • By Pauciloquent 1 6th Apr 18, 11:32 AM
    • 92 Posts
    • 295 Thanks
    Pauciloquent 1
    Two small parcels due yesterday or latest by this morning by RM aren't in the post.
    Which means they'll come tomorrow and I just know they'll arrive before I get home from an appointment I cannot miss.
    • Zinco
    • By Zinco 6th Apr 18, 4:15 PM
    • 170 Posts
    • 292 Thanks
    Zinco
    Apperently i am always wrong.
    • zsxd23456
    • By zsxd23456 6th Apr 18, 5:41 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    zsxd23456
    That chocolate isn't one of your 5 a day...
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 6th Apr 18, 6:03 PM
    • 27,858 Posts
    • 15,100 Thanks
    donnajunkie

I had a situation once where those coming towards us took up one side so i made for the other side. This meant a cyclist coming towards me had to go on the grass. They didnt like it and were threatening to kick off. I was tempted to say the clues in the name, FOOTpath. That means i have right of way over you. Did they expect me to walk on the wet grass? Idiots.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 6th Apr 18, 7:04 PM
    • 8,645 Posts
    • 14,208 Thanks
    Sleazy
    I had a situation once where those coming towards us took up one side so i made for the other side. This meant a cyclist coming towards me had to go on the grass. They didnt like it and were threatening to kick off. I was tempted to say the clues in the name, FOOTpath. That means i have right of way over you. Did they expect me to walk on the wet grass? Idiots.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    Many years ago, I did something similar. Cyclist on the path who had to stop due to pedestrians including me and was muttering a few things. I pointed to the pavement and said "Footpath. For people, not bicycles". I was probably lucky not to get a bunch of fives I guess
    Sleazy
    In Vino Veritas, In Aqua Sanitas
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 6th Apr 18, 7:17 PM
    • 4,368 Posts
    • 3,832 Thanks
    dekaspace
    Came back to find the junkies had left the back door open/jammed again right outside my door and all downstairs is spraypainted graffiti including names of local chav gangs!
    • Nomad44
    • By Nomad44 6th Apr 18, 7:20 PM
    • 153 Posts
    • 101 Thanks
    Nomad44
    Women who think Danes are into Eastenders
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 6th Apr 18, 7:40 PM
    • 12,304 Posts
    • 16,570 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    Women who think Danes are into Eastenders
    Originally posted by Nomad44
    That Eastenders is still going....
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?

I live in the UK City of Culture 2021

I had to put mothballs in my wallet - the moths had learned the PINs to my cards...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

54Posts Today

3,126Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin