Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,567Posts
    • 28,500Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 218
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 26th Feb 18, 8:40 AM
    • 23,791 Posts
    • 61,906 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Oh, dear, owing to weather warnings Anglia are cancelling 'services'.

Why can they not cancel 'trains'?

Unless they offer other 'services', of course. Hmmm.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 26th Feb 18, 8:50 AM
    • 7,619 Posts
    • 13,780 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    People that panic on forecasts of snow then clear the shelves of bread Do these people actually have food in the house? I have enough food to last me 3.5 weeks - maybe not things that go together, but something

You can live without bread for goodness sake. My parents have a couple of those bread mixes which take up very little space in the cupboard.
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 26th Feb 18, 8:56 AM
    • 13,703 Posts
    • 53,319 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Toothache and earache
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...

Finito
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 26th Feb 18, 11:41 AM
    • 7,555 Posts
    • 16,774 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    Well, if you don't mind me joining the thread, my right arm has been playing up for about three weeks. Only when I turn it, or lift things like a heavy pan, but it's rather annoying. No idea what it is, or what's caused it, either. Too trivial to see the quack about (probably an internal bruise or something) but irritating, nonetheless.
    Originally posted by Mr Gruntfuttock
    I had this all day yesterday - most of Tue range of movement was fine but at a certain height and angle, I'd get a sharp pain saying 'Don't do that!' Very restrictive!!!!128542;

On the plus side, nice to see the back of that pompous idiot!
    Should have joined Borrowmydoggy.com
    • Mr Gruntfuttock
    • By Mr Gruntfuttock 26th Feb 18, 12:27 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    Mr Gruntfuttock
    I'm not a doctor either which is a good thing considering the number of seemingly decrepit contributors to this thread.
    Originally posted by ceredigion
    decrepit indeed.. hmpf

You'll be old one day
    • Flick216
    • By Flick216 26th Feb 18, 12:40 PM
    • 7,860 Posts
    • 31,987 Thanks
    Flick216
    Had a migraine that lasted from when I woke up on Saturday morning to when I went to bed on Sunday evening.

Thanks for ruining my weekend brain!
    ENFP - Assertive
    Officially in a clique of idiots

Smoke me a kipper; I'll be back for breakfast
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 26th Feb 18, 12:47 PM
    • 3,446 Posts
    • 13,181 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    From you or your dog?
    Originally posted by minimad1970
    sadly it was from me :O

I delivered another sample straight into the toilet at the surgery this morning when I was delivering the one in the container that I collected yesterday evening.
    I have been having 'one of those weeks' with my Crohns disease and that was why the hospital wanted the sample.
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 80.2
    Total so far - 1161.5
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 26th Feb 18, 1:05 PM
    • 4,249 Posts
    • 3,727 Thanks
    dekaspace
    Due to the light headed feeling I get from my sleep kit I lost track of time last night, assumed it was 1am and even then between 10pm-1am felt more like 30 minutes than 3 hours then looked at clock and it said 2.15am! really I am feeling so light headed on this kit

Wanted to go to bed anyway but realised had to be up at 9am which I did though felt exhausted, quickly had a shower and went out of the house at 9.25 some junkies/alcoholics already off their faces at that time of morning and bus arrived and thought I will be a few minutes late, got to appointment 1 minute late to find I had the wrong day.

Well I think that was more the person giving the appointments fault as I have been going on a Monday for the past month and they told me it was earlier this time as they had another appointment, turns out they meant 10am Wednesday!(which I can't do)

So could of got a better nights sleep, and also if I had known I could of made a same day doctors appointment rather than wait till Friday and hope I get one!

EDIT : Oh and just as I finished typing that I heard the dog barking non stop and still going as of now, heard a woman shout at the dog and booming male voices. So much again for the neighbour claiming her dog doesn't make noise and she never has male friends round.

Its annoying there because it happens to be on the day off I have where I got up early and its being ruined by the neighbours.
    Last edited by dekaspace; 26-02-2018 at 1:14 PM.
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 26th Feb 18, 6:43 PM
    • 2,659 Posts
    • 3,468 Thanks
    ceredigion
    "It is cold and it might snow". Well it is February FFS
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 26th Feb 18, 7:49 PM
    • 3,446 Posts
    • 13,181 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    The new spam button is not available for everyone on the forum
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 80.2
    Total so far - 1161.5
    • colinw
    • By colinw 26th Feb 18, 8:35 PM
    • 51,287 Posts
    • 142,047 Thanks
    colinw
    My laptop which for some reason has decided it will not give me internet access when connected to the router, currently rolling back the laptop to the 18th Feb
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 26th Feb 18, 8:57 PM
    • 8,567 Posts
    • 28,500 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Accidentally said "Ok, love you, bye" when saying goodbye to a customer on the phone today. I only realised I'd said it after I'd hung up and now I just want to die
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 26th Feb 18, 9:07 PM
    • 7,847 Posts
    • 12,177 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Accidentally said "Ok, love you, bye" when saying goodbye to a customer on the phone today. I only realised I'd said it after I'd hung up and now I just want to die
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    As long as it wasn't one of the 'circling vultures' you mentioned a while back, you should be ok ....

Don't worry, if they realised what you said they've probably forgotten by now. They probably assumed that they had misheard ...
    I (usually) do whatever the little voices in my wife's head tell me to
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 26th Feb 18, 9:09 PM
    • 10,858 Posts
    • 28,873 Thanks
    suki1964
    That is pure class

if you lend someone 20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 26th Feb 18, 9:11 PM
    • 10,858 Posts
    • 28,873 Thanks
    suki1964
    People that panic on forecasts of snow then clear the shelves of bread Do these people actually have food in the house? I have enough food to last me 3.5 weeks - maybe not things that go together, but something

You can live without bread for goodness sake. My parents have a couple of those bread mixes which take up very little space in the cupboard.
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble

So your parents are the sort that can't go without bread?
    if you lend someone 20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 26th Feb 18, 9:20 PM
    • 7,847 Posts
    • 12,177 Thanks
    Sleazy
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 26th Feb 18, 9:28 PM
    • 7,555 Posts
    • 16,774 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    I had this all day yesterday - most of Tue range of movement was fine but at a certain height and angle, I'd get a sharp pain saying 'Don't do that!' Very restrictive!!!!128542;

On the plus side, nice to see the back of that pompous idiot!
    Originally posted by OldMotherTucker
    Guess who got their first iphone today?
    Should have joined Borrowmydoggy.com
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 26th Feb 18, 9:29 PM
    • 7,847 Posts
    • 12,177 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Guess who got their first iphone today?
    Originally posted by OldMotherTucker
    errrrr ..... you?
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 26th Feb 18, 9:32 PM
    • 7,847 Posts
    • 12,177 Thanks
    Sleazy
    On the other hand .... if tomorrow you get a dozen red roses delivered to the office ...

I'm only joking .....
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 26th Feb 18, 9:36 PM
    • 7,847 Posts
    • 12,177 Thanks
    Sleazy
    So your parents are the sort that can't go without bread?
    Originally posted by suki1964
    I stole this from another thread (courtesy of Desert Wind), but thought it was appropriate:

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,559Posts Today

5,817Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr? https://t.co/B2ft5OS3Ig

• Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R? https://t.co/vi3hBxo4Hn

• Follow Martin