Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,571Posts
    • 28,510Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 217
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 25th Feb 18, 4:01 PM
    • 2,337 Posts
    • 6,762 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    Thats how my phone spells 'Tee' Shirt !!
    Originally posted by 50Twuncle
    And I thought it was the opposite of a "many shirt"
    • Frogletina
    • By Frogletina 25th Feb 18, 4:43 PM
    • 3,047 Posts
    • 11,042 Thanks
    Frogletina
    Can't use my laptop because the adapter lead has broken. Where it plugs in the wires are exposed and was sparking. Not so easy to use my phone as I have to keep increasing the page size to read the forum posts.
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first

SPC 8 #441 £1567.31 SPC 9 #441 £1014.64 SPC 10 #441 £1164.13
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 25th Feb 18, 6:28 PM
    • 3,494 Posts
    • 13,339 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    I think my ear is broken

Not the hearing bit but the outside bit, it feels hot and sore round the top edge and looks a totally different shape to the other one.
    Been like this for a couple of weeks but really sore this afternoon for some reason
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 76.4
    Total so far - 1237.9
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 25th Feb 18, 6:33 PM
    • 7,962 Posts
    • 12,428 Thanks
    Sleazy
    I think my ear is broken

Not the hearing bit but the outside bit, it feels hot and sore round the top edge and looks a totally different shape to the other one.
    Been like this for a couple of weeks but really sore this afternoon for some reason
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    If you were out a lot in the cold today helping with the phone books, may not have helped .... may be best to keep in the warm as much as possible for a day or two. The different shape doesn't sound too good though - maybe see how it is in the morning and decide whether to seek medical advice?

Take care ....
    Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't own it, but you can use it. You can't keep it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it you can never get it back.

Harvey Mackay
    • Mr Gruntfuttock
    • By Mr Gruntfuttock 25th Feb 18, 6:36 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    Mr Gruntfuttock
    Well, if you don't mind me joining the thread, my right arm has been playing up for about three weeks. Only when I turn it, or lift things like a heavy pan, but it's rather annoying. No idea what it is, or what's caused it, either. Too trivial to see the quack about (probably an internal bruise or something) but irritating, nonetheless.
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 25th Feb 18, 6:36 PM
    • 3,494 Posts
    • 13,339 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    If you were out a lot in the cold today helping with the phone books, may not have helped .... may be best to keep in the warm as much as possible for a day or two. The different shape doesn't sound too good though - maybe see how it is in the morning and decide whether to seek medical advice?

Take care ....
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    I had thought about that but it is difficult to stay indoors when I have a very energetic dog to keep busy
    I had thought it was easing off but it flared up again today, I shall phone the triage nurse and ask for advice about the next step.

This week - 76.4
    Total so far - 1237.9
    • colinw
    • By colinw 25th Feb 18, 6:49 PM
    • 51,363 Posts
    • 142,219 Thanks
    colinw
    I think my ear is broken

I am no doctor but could it be scurvy of the ear due to not eating oranges?

as I say I have no medical training but I see Holby on the odd week and 24 hours in A&E
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 25th Feb 18, 6:52 PM
    • 4,257 Posts
    • 3,737 Thanks
    dekaspace
    Small one, went to town for a hour and the main bus stop was closed I think due to them about to start digging up the roads as around the corner they were working on the pipes for a week (though never once saw workmen there no matter the time of day)

Meant bus had to go all around the centre, added about 3 or 4 minutes to journey

That and there was zero evidence of workmen even putting barriers up or dug up roads, if the digging is starting tomorrow why has it been closed since today/last night!
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 25th Feb 18, 6:59 PM
    • 3,494 Posts
    • 13,339 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    I am no doctor but could it be scurvy of the ear due to not eating oranges?

as I say I have no medical training but I see Holby on the odd week and 24 hours in A&E
    Originally posted by colinw
    I am not an eater of oranges normally, I do drink juice regularly though, about 3 glassfulls a day

This week - 76.4
    Total so far - 1237.9
    • colinw
    • By colinw 25th Feb 18, 7:13 PM
    • 51,363 Posts
    • 142,219 Thanks
    colinw
    I am not an eater of oranges normally, I do drink juice regularly though, about 3 glassfulls a day
    Hmmm unlikely to be that then I know it used to affect explorers on ships back in Cook’s day
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 25th Feb 18, 7:20 PM
    • 7,962 Posts
    • 12,428 Thanks
    Sleazy
    There's quite a lot of pictures if you search on google for "broken ear cartilage". You might find one that looks similar to yours perhaps?
    Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't own it, but you can use it. You can't keep it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it you can never get it back.

Harvey Mackay
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 25th Feb 18, 7:21 PM
    • 10,889 Posts
    • 28,950 Thanks
    suki1964
    Sounds like a fungal infection. If you have any canestan rub a bit of that on
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • colinw
    • By colinw 25th Feb 18, 7:22 PM
    • 51,363 Posts
    • 142,219 Thanks
    colinw
    Originally posted by suki1964
    Rub a can of Stan on it?
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 25th Feb 18, 7:25 PM
    • 7,962 Posts
    • 12,428 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Originally posted by suki1964
    Not sure they have that in Scotland. Lot's of other Stan's though ...

Harvey Mackay
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 25th Feb 18, 7:26 PM
    • 7,962 Posts
    • 12,428 Thanks
    Sleazy
    You've started something here Suki ...
    The boys are in a funny mood even without alcohol ....

Harvey Mackay
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 25th Feb 18, 7:33 PM
    • 2,666 Posts
    • 3,492 Thanks
    ceredigion
    I'm not a doctor either which is a good thing considering the number of seemingly decrepit contributors to this thread.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 25th Feb 18, 7:35 PM
    • 51,363 Posts
    • 142,219 Thanks
    colinw
    I'm not a doctor either which is a good thing considering the number of seemingly decrepit contributors to this thread.
    Originally posted by ceredigion
    Arf arf that is funny
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 25th Feb 18, 7:44 PM
    • 7,962 Posts
    • 12,428 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Arf arf that is funny
    Originally posted by colinw
    Who's Alf? Does he come 'ere too? Is it Wednesday tomorrow?

Harvey Mackay
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 25th Feb 18, 7:46 PM
    • 3,494 Posts
    • 13,339 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    I wasn't really looking for any advice, I was just posting the current Wizard irritation.

I have a new one now anyway that far outweighs the broken ear.

I have had to collect a stool sample from a very runny bowel movement

This week - 76.4
    Total so far - 1237.9
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 25th Feb 18, 9:18 PM
    • 4,380 Posts
    • 9,116 Thanks
    minimad1970
    I wasn't really looking for any advice, I was just posting the current Wizard irritation.

I have a new one now anyway that far outweighs the broken ear.

I have had to collect a stool sample from a very runny bowel movement
    From you or your dog?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

102Posts Today

1,357Users online

Martin's Twitter