Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,571Posts
    • 28,510Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 211
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 22nd Feb 18, 5:46 PM
    • 2,666 Posts
    • 3,491 Thanks
    ceredigion
    My electricians choice of radio channel. Radio 1. Dear god stephen turn it down or I throw it out.
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 22nd Feb 18, 6:08 PM
    • 10,880 Posts
    • 28,931 Thanks
    suki1964
    My electricians choice of radio channel. Radio 1. Dear god stephen turn it down or I throw it out.
    Originally posted by ceredigion
    Im subjected to that station all day in work

Still, at least it meant I knew who was being awarded at the Brits last night
    if you lend someone 20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 22nd Feb 18, 6:09 PM
    • 10,880 Posts
    • 28,931 Thanks
    suki1964
    I lost a bit of weight and went down a shoe size! The gorgeous Irregular Choice shoes I had for my birthday a couple of years ago are a bit too big for me now
    Originally posted by Flick216

Im a size 5 if they need rehoming
    if you lend someone 20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 22nd Feb 18, 6:12 PM
    • 2,330 Posts
    • 6,747 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    I'd tell him to turn it off, as I couldn't hear Radio 3. . .
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 22nd Feb 18, 6:14 PM
    • 2,666 Posts
    • 3,491 Thanks
    ceredigion
    I'd tell him to turn it off, as I couldn't hear Radio 3. . .
    Originally posted by Jackmydad
    Classic FM at work normally
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 22nd Feb 18, 6:16 PM
    • 34,264 Posts
    • 127,131 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Classic FM at work normally
    I have it playing all day.
    And always in the car as it relaxes me when I drive. Any other sort of music makes me het up in the car, even rock'n'roll or 40s swing, which I love, but not in the car!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 22nd Feb 18, 6:25 PM
    • 2,666 Posts
    • 3,491 Thanks
    ceredigion
    Radio 4 in the car / van, as I have the time to listen to it.
    • DesertWind
    • By DesertWind 22nd Feb 18, 6:26 PM
    • 353 Posts
    • 830 Thanks
    DesertWind
    I bit the inside of my cheek at lunchtime, now i've bitten the inside of my bottom lip at teatime.
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 22nd Feb 18, 6:28 PM
    • 2,666 Posts
    • 3,491 Thanks
    ceredigion
    I bit the inside of my cheek at lunchtime, now i've bitten the inside of my bottom lip at teatime.
    Originally posted by DesertWind
    Should know better at your age
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 22nd Feb 18, 7:01 PM
    • 2,330 Posts
    • 6,747 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    I have it playing all day.
    And always in the car as it relaxes me when I drive. Any other sort of music makes me het up in the car, even rock'n'roll or 40s swing, which I love, but not in the car!
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    Late 50s /early 60s hits for me in the car. It reminds me of the dodgems when I was a kid, and that's what driving is getting ever more like. . .
    "I'm a walkin' in the rain"
    • DesertWind
    • By DesertWind 22nd Feb 18, 7:20 PM
    • 353 Posts
    • 830 Thanks
    DesertWind
    Reading this http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=73918112&postcount=1
    • Vickimichelle
    • By Vickimichelle 23rd Feb 18, 3:31 AM
    • 1,622 Posts
    • 6,070 Thanks
    Vickimichelle
    I love bread but it doesn't like me
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 23rd Feb 18, 4:07 AM
    • 7,943 Posts
    • 12,362 Thanks
    Sleazy
    I love carbs generally but they make me bloated and fat
    Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't own it, but you can use it. You can't keep it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it you can never get it back.

Harvey Mackay
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 23rd Feb 18, 6:41 AM
    • 34,264 Posts
    • 127,131 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I love carbs generally but they make me bloated and fat
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    Do you have a wheat intolerance?

After I've checked for dairy intolerance, I'm going to try a wheat-free month to see if it's that.

You could try that, too. It's not easy, because there's wheat in so many processed foods.
    It wouldn't be enough to try going just gluten-free, as there are other things in wheat that might be causing the problem.

Give it up for a month, then re-introduce it and see what happens.

(Of course, you might then explode! )

Seriously, it might be worth a try.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 23rd Feb 18, 6:59 AM
    • 7,943 Posts
    • 12,362 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Thanks for the suggestion. I had been thinking about doing alcohol free March, but I suppose I could try something with carbs. I think I probably just eat too many, especially in the evening ...
    Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't own it, but you can use it. You can't keep it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it you can never get it back.

Harvey Mackay
    • colinw
    • By colinw 23rd Feb 18, 8:37 AM
    • 51,333 Posts
    • 142,183 Thanks
    colinw
    Me checking stuff before I leave the house in the Morning, I normally check in order, the back door, check fridge and freezer are closed, check the gases and oven are off but for some reason I have to check the back door again just in case it has somehow miraculously opened itself in the 20 seconds since I last checked it, I am worried eventually I might just get stuck in a continuous loop of check stuff and never leave the hours
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 23rd Feb 18, 8:50 AM
    • 7,943 Posts
    • 12,362 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Me checking stuff before I leave the house in the Morning, I normally check in order, the back door, check fridge and freezer are closed, check the gases and oven are off but for some reason I have to check the back door again just in case it has somehow miraculously opened itself in the 20 seconds since I last checked it, I am worried eventually I might just get stuck in a continuous loop of check stuff and never leave the hours
    Originally posted by colinw
    This could be a good time to take anything out of the freezer that you plan to eat later ....

Harvey Mackay
    • colinw
    • By colinw 23rd Feb 18, 9:36 AM
    • 51,333 Posts
    • 142,183 Thanks
    colinw
    We have a couple communal fridges in the new office and everyone else food looks way more interesting then mine
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 23rd Feb 18, 11:49 AM
    • 34,264 Posts
    • 127,131 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I am the snot monster.

Also, I have located my missing choos.
    Originally posted by Penitent
    No longer a teaser,
    Now a full sneezer!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 23rd Feb 18, 2:37 PM
    • 4,256 Posts
    • 3,737 Thanks
    dekaspace
    New larger face mask no longer leaks but instead the machine claims its not airtight! yet the smaller one that leaked it claimed was airtight!

To be fair I didn't notice the pressure as high even though pump was same speed.

Irritiations today, waiting 10 days so far for a refund from Amazon, my account is in a bad place with them after THEY around Christmas sent 2 food packages that got damaged in transport and another time left a expensive parcel on doorstep that was stolen which has meant they have flagged me as suspicious, which wouldn't be a problem except they are telling me now I have to wait until item is scanned in and refunded, and with the item still sitting at local shop for return and they say its 3 weeks from when its returned its not looking good.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

297Posts Today

3,574Users online

Martin's Twitter