Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,567Posts
    • 28,501Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 208
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 20th Feb 18, 1:39 PM
    • 23,795 Posts
    • 61,931 Thanks
    pollypenny
    I am irate that there is nothing on DT that I can be bothered to contribute to.

Excuse clumsy grammar.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • Bogof_Babe
    • By Bogof_Babe 20th Feb 18, 2:12 PM
    • 10,122 Posts
    • 16,334 Thanks
    Bogof_Babe
    Fed up with the BBC and its obsession with salacious "news" about sx perverts. You can't get away from it. We are now watching Sky News instead.

This morning they had Damian Green on the Today programme on radio 4, and after a long intro about the coming crises in pension provision and elderly care, as soon as he was on air he was bombarded for the first five minutes with questions about his misdemeanours that resulted in him losing his seat in the cabinet. I don't know how he kept his temper, it was relentless prying for absolutely no good reason.

They eventually let him get onto talking about the social challenges ahead, as he is apparently working on those at present, but there was only a few minutes left by then.

Why do they think we all want to hear over and over again about stuff like that. It started with Jimmy Savile, and now it's become half the news broadcasts. Yes it's serious and unpleasant, but we don't need to hear every gory detail over and over again, and I doubt even the victims want the overkill publicity.
    I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe

• Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 20th Feb 18, 4:26 PM
    • 2,305 Posts
    • 6,676 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    People who agree to stuff then start negotiating again.
    Originally posted by Penitent
    Tell them it's already agreed and you're not open to further negotiation.
    It's hard to say without knowing more, but you can get into a situation where the more you agree the more they want. Easy to say when it's not me in that situation though!
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 20th Feb 18, 5:30 PM
    • 2,305 Posts
    • 6,676 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    That's pretty much exactly what I said. We made an agreement yesterday and I think they should honour it, and I'm now concerned that if I do agree to this they'll keep finding more stuff they want me to pay for. I'm livid.

Now I need to sit around waiting for a response.
    People like that think that because the whole thing is such a PIA, they can use such to their advantage.
    You've showed them you won't be pushed around.
    Good for you!
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 20th Feb 18, 5:33 PM
    • 4,251 Posts
    • 3,729 Thanks
    dekaspace
    After a week of peace bar a few small times where I heard noise for about 20 minutes its a group of people upstairs.

Wonder if it had anything to do with a card posted through my door from the councils anti social team saying they came to visit today when I was out (I was in shower actually)
    • James Watson7
    • By James Watson7 20th Feb 18, 5:39 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    James Watson7
    Wow what a start to a day!
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 20th Feb 18, 5:58 PM
    • 2,305 Posts
    • 6,676 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    We'll see if it's good for me when the EA gets back to me.

Don't think it's going to be today, now, so I'll just have to sit here seething.
    It's all waiting! Hope it works out well!
    • Dreamnine
    • By Dreamnine 20th Feb 18, 7:51 PM
    • 7,919 Posts
    • 13,401 Thanks
    Dreamnine
    Nothing is irritating me currently - even my constipation lifted today which I was pretty pleased about.
    I shot a vein in my neck and coughed up a Quaalude.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 20th Feb 18, 8:14 PM
    • 3,452 Posts
    • 13,202 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Some social media users are demanding Little Mix member Jesy Nelson delete an Instagram post of herself wearing her hair in dreadlocks.

The 26-year-old singer unveiled her new hairstyle on Monday evening, but some followers on the platform suggested the picture was offensive to black people.

Nelson was accused of "cultural appropriation" and there were calls for her to apologise.
    I have never even heard of this pop person but it made me so irritated to read this about her today.
    She could have a tattoo of Bob Marley on her bum for all I care, what gives anyone the right to demand anything of her because of the way she wears her hair?
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 76.4
    Total so far - 1237.9
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 20th Feb 18, 8:33 PM
    • 2,659 Posts
    • 3,468 Thanks
    ceredigion
    Big disaster. Ceiling on the floor, Floor floating. Carpets ringing
    • colinw
    • By colinw 20th Feb 18, 8:40 PM
    • 51,289 Posts
    • 142,068 Thanks
    colinw
    Big disaster. Ceiling on the floor, Floor floating. Carpets ringing
    Originally posted by ceredigion
    Oh !!!!!!

My irritation.The BBC obsession with Gregory Porter
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 20th Feb 18, 8:45 PM
    • 2,659 Posts
    • 3,468 Thanks
    ceredigion
    Oh !!!!!!

My irritation.The BBC obsession with Gregory Porter
    Originally posted by colinw

Who
    • colinw
    • By colinw 20th Feb 18, 8:46 PM
    • 51,289 Posts
    • 142,068 Thanks
    colinw
    Who
    Originally posted by ceredigion
    Exactly
    • cjdavies
    • By cjdavies 20th Feb 18, 10:17 PM
    • 3,223 Posts
    • 3,438 Thanks
    cjdavies
    Motorway, 50mph average speed camera, car in front of me, no-one in front of them, doing well below as I was doing 50mph fast approaching, I couldn't overtake as my exit was 100 yards away and I ended up tail hating the !!!!!!
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 20th Feb 18, 11:14 PM
    • 34,202 Posts
    • 126,940 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I have never even heard of this pop person but it made me so irritated to read this about her today.
    She could have a tattoo of Bob Marley on her bum for all I care, what gives anyone the right to demand anything of her because of the way she wears her hair?
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    Good grief, I so agree!
    Cultural appropriation? Rubbish. If it's anything, it's a compliment.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • Dreamnine
    • By Dreamnine 21st Feb 18, 10:26 AM
    • 7,919 Posts
    • 13,401 Thanks
    Dreamnine
    I hope your mum makes a speedy recovery, Penitent, nothing quite as bad as being stuck in bed - now that would irritate me no end.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
    • Dreamnine
    • By Dreamnine 21st Feb 18, 10:39 AM
    • 7,919 Posts
    • 13,401 Thanks
    Dreamnine
    I'd hate to have to start worrying about packing anything up - I try and keep everything ordered.

It often follows that if my thoughts are ordered I have an orderly day.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
    • Dreamnine
    • By Dreamnine 21st Feb 18, 10:53 AM
    • 7,919 Posts
    • 13,401 Thanks
    Dreamnine
    Will be thinking about you...Funny, on Saturday night it was a real hassle reading the discharge notes from the hospital and packing away all the myriad of medicines they gave me - having to make space for them all.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 21st Feb 18, 12:46 PM
    • 8,567 Posts
    • 28,501 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Ridiculous IT people.
    One of our company sales reps has a habit of invoicing customers for the wrong products, which causes mass confusion. I've spoke to him about this several times and asked if he can please, please, spend 30 seconds checking he's clicked on the correct product next time.
    So he's spoken to the IT people and they've decided the only possible solution is to spend weeks modifying our software to include a special report to alert him to what products he has previously sold...a report that would take him far longer to read than it would to just CHECK THE BLOODY PRODUCT CODE.
    • luvchocolate
    • By luvchocolate 21st Feb 18, 2:07 PM
    • 1,529 Posts
    • 1,396 Thanks
    luvchocolate
    Can't decide
    Cross with myself, since retiring and moving into town centre I hardly use my car 700 miles in a year.
    I cannot make my mind up about selling it!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

136Posts Today

1,166Users online

Martin's Twitter