Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,575Posts
    • 28,531Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 176
    • cjdavies
    • By cjdavies 25th Jan 18, 6:42 PM
    • 3,349 Posts
    • 3,580 Thanks
    cjdavies
    Pre-order a DVD for Amazon that is out March 26th, have it delivered to the Amazon locker and cannot as it's full, just as a test I removed the item and added another DVD from years ago and is possible.

Must be popular, I want to pre-order to my address but I want to ensure it's Royal Mail delivering the item.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 26th Jan 18, 8:04 AM
    • 52,021 Posts
    • 144,056 Thanks
    colinw
    Pyxis, please may we call you Beryl?

(Only joking BTW)!
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    What about the Peryl bit .......does it fit.....answers on the back of a postcard to Broadcasting House......
    • Kered
    • By Kered 26th Jan 18, 8:58 AM
    • 3,151 Posts
    • 17,886 Thanks
    Kered
    The BBC has changed its weather supplier and now the web page is not as customisable
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 26th Jan 18, 10:03 AM
    • 8,575 Posts
    • 28,531 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Sugar free fruit gums are much lower in calories that traditional sweets and in theory, seem like a great idea.
    In reality, the after effects of eating a whole bag are pretty painful.
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 26th Jan 18, 10:14 AM
    • 14,062 Posts
    • 54,710 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Sugar free fruit gums are much lower in calories that traditional sweets and in theory, seem like a great idea.
    In reality, the after effects of eating a whole bag are pretty painful.
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    Oh dear

Been there and done that as well

And...if it's xylitol...it only has 40% less calories than sugar
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...

Finito

Brazil and Serbia
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 26th Jan 18, 11:24 AM
    • 9,313 Posts
    • 15,746 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Mankind's inhumanity.
    Just been reading about a woman who experienced life in two concentration camps.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/stories-42822340/93-year-old-eva-behar-was-in-auschwitz-and-bergen-belsen
    Sleazy
    There are those who say what's in their mind
    And those who mind what they say
    And the In-Betweeners
    Egypt & Switzerland
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 26th Jan 18, 12:08 PM
    • 7,709 Posts
    • 13,910 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Pre-order a DVD for Amazon that is out March 26th, have it delivered to the Amazon locker and cannot as it's full, just as a test I removed the item and added another DVD from years ago and is possible.

Must be popular, I want to pre-order to my address but I want to ensure it's Royal Mail delivering the item.
    Originally posted by cjdavies
    How can Amazon know if a locker is going to be full in 2 months time?
    • mademoiselle
    • By mademoiselle 26th Jan 18, 12:13 PM
    • 390 Posts
    • 1,255 Thanks
    mademoiselle
    A small thing, but nonetheless irritating, and indicative of the growing 'sod you' culture around "Customer (mis)Services":

I bought a Kit Kat. Opened the foil, to find bits of crap and paper all over the back of the bar - it looked like it had been dropped on the floor. When I re-examined the foil wrapper, it had been wrapped all crooked, as if it had indeed come to some misadventure.

Ok, I thought, complain via e-mail - which is to NESTLE, the big multinational that now makes what was once a homely British invention. I took the trouble to photograph the manky Kit-Kat - what was wrong with it couldn't have been plainer.

Got a reply from NESTLE today, telling me (not asking!) to send the bar, and the packaging, back to them by Special Delivery... oh, and they will refund the postage, when they feel like it.

They have been smartly told to jog on with that! Absol-lutely b***y ridiculous. I've already bought something from them I can't eat, wasted half an hour of my life I won't get back photographing it and writing to them - now they are asking me to fund postage costs!

Poor show, NESTLE!
    • colinw
    • By colinw 26th Jan 18, 12:20 PM
    • 52,021 Posts
    • 144,056 Thanks
    colinw
    Mankind's inhumanity.
    Just been reading about a woman who experienced life in two concentration camps.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/stories-42822340/93-year-old-eva-behar-was-in-auschwitz-and-bergen-belsen
    Certain episodes of the World at War still shock no matter how many times you see them

A small thing, but nonetheless irritating, and indicative of the growing 'sod you' culture around "Customer (mis)Services":

I bought a Kit Kat. Opened the foil, to find bits of crap and paper all over the back of the bar - it looked like it had been dropped on the floor. When I re-examined the foil wrapper, it had been wrapped all crooked, as if it had indeed come to some misadventure.

Ok, I thought, complain via e-mail - which is to NESTLE, the big multinational that now makes what was once a homely British invention. I took the trouble to photograph the manky Kit-Kat - what was wrong with it couldn't have been plainer.

Got a reply from NESTLE today, telling me (not asking!) to send the bar, and the packaging, back to them by Special Delivery... oh, and they will refund the postage, when they feel like it.

They have been smartly told to jog on with that! Absol-lutely b***y ridiculous. I've already bought something from them I can't eat, wasted half an hour of my life I won't get back photographing it and writing to them - now they are asking me to fund postage costs!

Poor show, NESTLE!
    Originally posted by mademoiselle
    I would tweet about it and include their official tweet identifier in the message and see if they do anything, it just sounds like the arrogance of a big company.
    • mademoiselle
    • By mademoiselle 26th Jan 18, 1:06 PM
    • 390 Posts
    • 1,255 Thanks
    mademoiselle
    I would tweet about it and include their official tweet identifier in the message and see if they do anything, it just sounds like the arrogance of a big company.
    Thank you, a very good suggestion...if I had any tweeting followers worth having, I would definitely do this!
    • colinw
    • By colinw 26th Jan 18, 1:16 PM
    • 52,021 Posts
    • 144,056 Thanks
    colinw
    Thank you, a very good suggestion...if I had any tweeting followers worth having, I would definitely do this!
    You could maybe do it anyway with a #nestleareshit in there
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 26th Jan 18, 1:19 PM
    • 35,590 Posts
    • 131,919 Thanks
    Pyxis
    The BBC has changed its weather supplier and now the web page is not as customisable
    Originally posted by Kered
    Go direct to the MetOffice site, which is who the BBC used to use. Then you can bring up your home town details and save the page to favourites.

That's what I do, and I get very detailed and local info.

Poor show, NESTLE!
    Your first port of call should have been the shop you brought it from, as they are the ones you had a 'purchase contract' with, ifywim. The item wasn't 'fit for purpose'.
    They would have replaced it or refunded you and then it would have been up to them to take it up with Nestlè.
    Denmark and Senegal
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 26th Jan 18, 1:19 PM
    • 3,942 Posts
    • 14,612 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Sudden influx of sex related emails that have arrived overnight and this morning

I can't think who I have given that email address to recently but it has obviously been sold on or leaked out
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 80.6
    Total so far - 1833.8
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 26th Jan 18, 1:51 PM
    • 35,590 Posts
    • 131,919 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Pyxis, please may we call you Beryl?

(Only joking BTW)!
    What about the Peryl bit .......does it fit.....answers on the back of a postcard to Broadcasting House......
    Originally posted by colinw
    You can call me Pyxis the Peryl if you like! m

But but but...... looking at that picture of Beryl, what have they done to her! That's not the Beryl I know and love!

.............wait a minute..........
    This is the right Beryl!.......

Denmark and Senegal
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Izadora
    • By Izadora 26th Jan 18, 2:20 PM
    • 1,540 Posts
    • 4,459 Thanks
    Izadora
    Your first port of call should have been the shop you brought it from
    Originally posted by Pyxis

I expect better from you!!
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 26th Jan 18, 7:14 PM
    • 9,313 Posts
    • 15,746 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Your first port of call should have been the shop you brought it from, as they are the ones you had a 'purchase contract' with, ifywim. ....

Originally posted by Izadora
    Bought: to have purchased something. It is the past tense of the word buy.
    Brought: to have carried or taken something/someone with you. It is the past tense of the word bring

So, I believe that you are both correct! Either word could have been used ....

Was that diplomatic or what?
    Sleazy
    And the In-Betweeners
    Egypt & Switzerland
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 26th Jan 18, 7:47 PM
    • 35,590 Posts
    • 131,919 Thanks
    Pyxis

Originally posted by Izadora
    Bought: to have purchased something. It is the past tense of the word buy.
    Brought: to have carried or taken something/someone with you. It is the past tense of the word bring

So, I believe that you are both correct! Either word could have been used ....

Was that diplomatic or what?

Izadora, you are absolutely right!

I did mean bought, but typed brought. God knows why! I don't see how it could have been a typo.

In my defence, my router/internet connection has been continuously dropping out all day, and I've been tearing my hair out with it. I keep trying to type and post stuff quickly before it drops out again, so didn't proof-read it, obviously!

Sleazy, thank you for the lesson.
    In actual fact, as I was referring to a shop and a purchase, I don't feel that brought would have been appropriate in this instance!

I shall put myself in the corner with a dunce's cap on, and give myself a hundred lines.

By the way, my iPad keeps missing out some letters, so if some words on some posts look weird, that's why!
    Denmark and Senegal
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 26th Jan 18, 7:53 PM
    • 9,313 Posts
    • 15,746 Thanks
    Sleazy

I shall put myself in the corner with a dunce's cap on, and give myself a hundred lines.

Eat the sandwich I gave you
    Lolcats will explain all .....
    Sleazy
    And the In-Betweeners
    Egypt & Switzerland
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 26th Jan 18, 7:54 PM
    • 35,590 Posts
    • 131,919 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Eat the sandwich I gave you
    Lolcats will explain all .....
    I must be a dunce, because I'm flummoxed!
    Denmark and Senegal
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 26th Jan 18, 8:03 PM
    • 2,750 Posts
    • 8,369 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    I try not to comment on bad speling or grammer.
    Even though I was learned to know betterer. I thinks.

"Let him what is without sin's cast the first stone!"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,214Posts Today

6,995Users online

Martin's Twitter