Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,578Posts
    • 28,541Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 171
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 20th Jan 18, 12:11 PM
    • 12,341 Posts
    • 16,645 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    Did the item arrive? It's afternoon now ....
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    Yes it did, around 10:20 this morning. I've been to Morrisons since then for my weekly shop
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?

I live in the UK City of Culture 2021

I had to put mothballs in my wallet - the moths had learned the PINs to my cards...
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 20th Jan 18, 1:58 PM
    • 3,970 Posts
    • 14,666 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    I'm bored
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 81.7
    Total so far - 1915.5
    • Bogof_Babe
    • By Bogof_Babe 20th Jan 18, 6:31 PM
    • 10,123 Posts
    • 16,448 Thanks
    Bogof_Babe
    Been to Lidl this afternoon.
    About ten percent of the other customers were walking around either talking on their mobiles or texting.
    What are they doing? Updating their FB page with "I'm in the veg aisle" or something?
    Talk about the walking dead!
    Originally posted by Jackmydad
    Only 10%? You should try being on a train, or better still watching a row of people sitting in a waiting room at a station. Makes me wonder whatever we did before we all had mobile phones. Talk to eachother maybe?

Had to rearrange a signed for item to be redelivered by Royal Mail on Saturday morning but I don't know when our postie will be round with it so I can't go to Morrisons or run my errands in town until they've been

At least I've got plenty of milk for breakfast...
    Originally posted by MothballsWallet
    You sound like a cat!
    I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe

• dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 20th Jan 18, 6:52 PM
    • 4,444 Posts
    • 3,978 Thanks
    dekaspace
    Decided I wanted something from Argos, bit groggy today (over the cold but still tired) went out 3 minutes to 5 hoping to get a bus from main road to town, as I got there the on the hour bus that goes past my house arrives which slipped my mind so could of saved walking careful on the ice/snow.

Got to town thought I was lucky as had 12 minutes until Argos closed, the item which I did reserve Thursday I couldn't collect yesterday as the store closed 2 hours early due to weather ended up being out of stock!

Then went to get bus home after having my daily sandwich, I forgot as its Saturday the bus leaves 2 minutes earlier so I am about 25 feet from bus door and it pulls out! Never mind I think as a different bus that goes same route is due 5 minutes later, that bus was 4 minutes late!

Not end of world just annoying.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 20th Jan 18, 7:43 PM
    • 9,431 Posts
    • 16,096 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Seems TOO quiet
    Cur Sleazy
    There are those who say what's in their mind
    And those who mind what they say
    And the In-Betweeners
    Egypt & Switzerland
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 20th Jan 18, 8:30 PM
    • 35,720 Posts
    • 132,431 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Seems TOO quiet
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    The calm before the storm.

Denmark and Senegal
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 20th Jan 18, 8:32 PM
    • 9,431 Posts
    • 16,096 Thanks
    Sleazy
    The calm before the storm.

Originally posted by Pyxis
    Strange day today ....
    Cur Sleazy
    And the In-Betweeners
    Egypt & Switzerland
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 21st Jan 18, 10:42 AM
    • 3,970 Posts
    • 14,666 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    I had to stop before crossing a road on the way home this morning and of the 3 cars that I had to wait for, the first driver was using a mobile phone, the second driver was eating what looked like a burger in a bun and the third was drinking from what looked like a coffee cup.
    The worst of it was that all were having to drive slower because the road was icy and had not been gritted overnight.
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 81.7
    Total so far - 1915.5
    • cjdavies
    • By cjdavies 21st Jan 18, 2:07 PM
    • 3,364 Posts
    • 3,593 Thanks
    cjdavies
    Read a link on Facebook from Wales online, pensioner couldn't afford hearing up their home - can't post link as it's open as an app instead of url.

Anyway the 3 volunteers who noticed give Macdonalds manager 30 to warm up and for coffee for hours. Many commented McDonald's was disgraceful for accepting this - assuming it was just that visit, one of the trio commented it was for future visits also.

Anyway someone posted couldn't the trio have just paid the 30 heating to last a few weeks - weeks?! I would take a guess a week at most if lucky 2!!! Not enough, daily visits to Mcdonalds keeping warm for a few hours will last a lot longer.
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 21st Jan 18, 3:46 PM
    • 4,444 Posts
    • 3,978 Thanks
    dekaspace
    Have my ESA appointment tomorrow and its deep snow, dreading going in as bet either they will cancel without telling me, or public transport isn't running and they will close the claim and blame me.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 21st Jan 18, 4:44 PM
    • 27,908 Posts
    • 15,193 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Did questionnaire over the phone and lost the will to live.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 21st Jan 18, 4:47 PM
    • 27,908 Posts
    • 15,193 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Suffered a prat standing as if they are waiting for a til to become free at the self service tils to find he was just waiting for his mate at the nearest til to finish. Then i noticed there was another til free. I was not impressed.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 21st Jan 18, 5:28 PM
    • 7,716 Posts
    • 13,921 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    My Nanan and my great aunt having the most uncomfortable sofas and chairs. They are 30 years old (55 for my great aunt) and they spend all day at home. They have the money but don!!!8217;t want to buy as they will cause inconvenience.
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 21st Jan 18, 6:28 PM
    • 14,086 Posts
    • 54,815 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Couple of operator error type annoyances.

On Friday evening I realised my cordless drill/driver was a bit flat so I put it on charge. When I went to get it on Saturday morning it hadn't charged because I hadn't docked the battery into the charger properly

And the last dog walk tonight....it's been raining all day, there is no way I'm gonna get away with trainers and non waterproof over trousers in all that muck. So, on went full wet gear, waterproof trousers, waterproof coat and the hated wellies. (I dislike wearing wet walking gear and wellies as they make me feel like the Michellin man, very bulky and restrictive, and the wellies feel like those weighted boots the astronauts or divers wear, so make my legs ache and generally knacker me )

Anyway, at least I won't get wet thinks I. And I didn't.....until I walked through a deep puddle when I realised the left wellie had a leak around the Achilles tendon mark on the back of the ankle

So now I'm not only fed up, I'm wet too
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...

Finito

Brazil and Serbia
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 21st Jan 18, 6:33 PM
    • 9,431 Posts
    • 16,096 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Couple of operator error type annoyances.

Originally posted by joansgirl
    errare humanum est
    And you couldn't have known about the wellie leak anyway.
    Cur Sleazy
    And the In-Betweeners
    Egypt & Switzerland
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 21st Jan 18, 7:17 PM
    • 35,720 Posts
    • 132,431 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I went to use my headphones for the time in ages, and they were fine for a while and then the battery went.
    And I don't know where I've put the charging cable for them.
    Denmark and Senegal
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 21st Jan 18, 7:25 PM
    • 9,431 Posts
    • 16,096 Thanks
    Sleazy
    I went to use my headphones for the first time in ages, and they were fine for a while and then the battery went.
    And I don't know where I've put the charging cable for them.
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    You probably put it in "a very safe place" and now can't remember where.

I'm always doing it ...
    Cur Sleazy
    And the In-Betweeners
    Egypt & Switzerland
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 21st Jan 18, 11:32 PM
    • 4,444 Posts
    • 3,978 Thanks
    dekaspace
    Decided to replace the screen on my old iphone (6 year old model in case people think I have a iphone whilst on benefits) should of been a 5-30 minute job, took it apart within about 2 minutes, had the screws organised for reassembly but couldn't get the new screen ti sit right, one of the 3 connectors kept popping off no matter what I did, after like 2 hours I decided to test my old screen to see if it had issues, connected it within 30 seconds so made me think there must be a issue with new screen.

I did manage to connect the new screen a few times but it never held down so I knew the screen itself worked, and tested the old screen and each time got it on within a minute.

Eventually managed to get new screen to hold down for a bit so screwed it in which was another nightmare, but now the touch part wasn't right and noticed one of the connectors had come loose again.

Decided after that to put my old screen back on temporarily whilst I return new screen, but end up loosing all 3 of the screws that hold the cable in place, 1 of the screws that goes on the base of phone and 1 of the battery holder screws.

And of course because how stupid iphone contacts are i can't just pop sim into a phone for a few days and have all contacts have to install itunes and upload them.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 22nd Jan 18, 3:48 AM
    • 9,431 Posts
    • 16,096 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Waking up TOO early!
    Especially when I know that I have a busy & stressful day, but at least the appointment is in the morning ...
    Cur Sleazy
    And the In-Betweeners
    Egypt & Switzerland
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 22nd Jan 18, 11:32 AM
    • 14,086 Posts
    • 54,815 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Postimage is being a twonk. Won't post pictures and isn't showing old ones

I had to resort to Tinypic
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...

Finito

Brazil and Serbia
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,848Posts Today

6,252Users online

Martin's Twitter