Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,574Posts
    • 28,529Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 144
    • Cheeky Little Monkey
    • By Cheeky Little Monkey 19th Dec 17, 9:44 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Cheeky Little Monkey
    I do like your avatar
    Originally posted by Attila the Bun
    Yours is cool too
    • Attila the Bun
    • By Attila the Bun 19th Dec 17, 9:52 AM
    • 313 Posts
    • 545 Thanks
    Attila the Bun
    Yours is cool too
    Originally posted by Cheeky Little Monkey
    Ooo-OOO-oooh, stop that missus, you'll go blind.
    • Cheeky Little Monkey
    • By Cheeky Little Monkey 19th Dec 17, 9:56 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Cheeky Little Monkey
    Ooo-OOO-oooh, stop that missus, you'll go blind.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 19th Dec 17, 10:01 AM
    • 8,616 Posts
    • 14,161 Thanks
    Sleazy
    ... I think some posts are still being removed due to our resident button-pusher(s). You'd think some people would grow up, wouldn't you, but sadly not. Seems I was optimistic about their age range, too
    One of mine disappeared. Maybe something I said?
    Sleazy
    In Vino Veritas, In Aqua Sanitas
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 19th Dec 17, 11:17 AM
    • 13,934 Posts
    • 54,248 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Paintbrushes that drop hairs everywhere

Supposed good quality brush...and I'm only using emulsion. I could understand if it was gloss.....
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...

Finito
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 19th Dec 17, 12:21 PM
    • 34,962 Posts
    • 129,809 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Paintbrushes that drop hairs everywhere

Supposed good quality brush...and I'm only using emulsion. I could understand if it was gloss.....
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    Use the end of Bailie's tail.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 19th Dec 17, 12:33 PM
    • 13,934 Posts
    • 54,248 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Use the end of Bailie's tail.
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    Noooooooo, that comes with Bailie attached

Can you imagine the mess

Finito
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 19th Dec 17, 12:42 PM
    • 1,773 Posts
    • 9,464 Thanks
    NBLondon
    Schafernacker is a meterologist, I think a lot of the male ones are. The females, alas, seem to be chosen for their choice in pretty dresses.
    I was under the impression that ALL the BBC forecasters were Met Office employees and therefore trained in meteorology in some way - and the ones who were also good at presenting and reasonably photogenic got to do the TV and radio appearances. Other networks may just use presenters - where the script has been written by an external service. Same as not all newsreaders are journalists - some have been involved with selecting, writing and editing the items and some are just reading the autocue.

Which leads to another annoyance... Jason Rosam on BBC London. As a roving reporter and vox pop collector for other shows - he was fine. But when he sits in for Petrie Hosken on the Breakfast Show, he sounds like he's auditioning for children's TV even when trying to discuss a serious political issue.
    Womble #7 - Running Total 9.68 $1.99 3.35 S//0.10 (that's supposed to be 10 Ukrainian kopiyki but the site is refusing to display the symbol) Bds$0.10 A$0.05 C$0.88 S$0.20 zl0.02 (Polish grosze) LB0.22 (Bulgarian stotinka) ISKr 5 DKr 0.50 CHF 0.50
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 19th Dec 17, 1:17 PM
    • 13,934 Posts
    • 54,248 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Both mice on both laptops are borked

They are both double clicking

Finito
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 19th Dec 17, 1:20 PM
    • 34,962 Posts
    • 129,809 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I was under the impression that ALL the BBC forecasters were Met Office employees and therefore trained in meteorology in some way - and the ones who were also good at presenting and reasonably photogenic got to do the TV and radio appearances. Other networks may just use presenters - where the script has been written by an external service. Same as not all newsreaders are journalists - some have been involved with selecting, writing and editing the items and some are just reading the autocue.

Which leads to another annoyance... Jason Rosam on BBC London. As a roving reporter and vox pop collector for other shows - he was fine. But when he sits in for Petrie Hosken on the Breakfast Show, he sounds like he's auditioning for children's TV even when trying to discuss a serious political issue.
    Originally posted by NBLondon
    The Met Office lost its bid to do BBC weather several months ago.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 19th Dec 17, 1:28 PM
    • 7,703 Posts
    • 22,296 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    Beloved OH grousing over Big Lizzie Leaks "story" - yes, all boats leak, especially before sea trials etc but for someone who cordially loathes the monarchy, he's fuming over the fourth estate instead!
    • colinw
    • By colinw 19th Dec 17, 1:41 PM
    • 51,724 Posts
    • 143,241 Thanks
    colinw
    Condescending ageist posters
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 19th Dec 17, 1:47 PM
    • 8,574 Posts
    • 28,529 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Want to go and get my lunch but my boss and his wife are in the kitchen and I might walk in on them having sex* if I go in now.

*this is probably not a legitimate fear and is highly unlikely but why risk it?
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 19th Dec 17, 2:10 PM
    • 34,962 Posts
    • 129,809 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Want to go and get my lunch but my boss and his wife are in the kitchen and I might walk in on them having sex* if I go in now.

Originally posted by fairy lights
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 19th Dec 17, 5:58 PM
    • 27,846 Posts
    • 15,094 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Both mice on both laptops are borked

They are both double clicking
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    Other than getting them fixed or replaced i find you can reduce this by making a point of clicking the front end of the button.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 19th Dec 17, 6:01 PM
    • 27,846 Posts
    • 15,094 Thanks
    donnajunkie

Originally posted by fairy lights
    Walk in with the camera rolling on your phone. You will then have black mail material. If that is happening.
    • avogadro
    • By avogadro 19th Dec 17, 6:27 PM
    • 4,003 Posts
    • 7,102 Thanks
    avogadro
    The price of Mac accessories!

I'm looking for a second hand Mac keyboard, as I'm getting a bit fed up of having to navigate my way round a normal PC one. (# is Alt and 3 for example) But even the old decrepit ones seem to go for 20+
    • lewishardwick
    • By lewishardwick 19th Dec 17, 7:05 PM
    • 543 Posts
    • 679 Thanks
    lewishardwick
    'Black Tie' Christmas parties. As if dressing up is going to stop people getting blind drunk at the free bar!

Reminds me of nightclubs where men must wear shoes (not boots or trainers) and shirts with a collar. Because looking 'smart' somehow prevents you ramming a pint glass in someone's face!
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 19th Dec 17, 7:15 PM
    • 8,616 Posts
    • 14,161 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Sleazy
    In Vino Veritas, In Aqua Sanitas
    • mademoiselle
    • By mademoiselle 19th Dec 17, 7:28 PM
    • 390 Posts
    • 1,255 Thanks
    mademoiselle
    Rip-off society is irritating me today! The way patient, hard-working, enduring Middle Britons are seen by everyone as a target to be fleeced.
    Top of the list being my rubbish local authority (one of those, I might add, currently under multiple investigations by the Police for their corruption/incompetence). I am SICK of reading about the frantic awards, commendations and prizes they give to THEMSELVES and their management staff. I mean, for God's sake get a grip! Spending our Council Tax monies on giving yourself prizes and posh awards dinners at flash hotels is not going to demonstrate that you understand why we are all so p*****d off with you!
    They have also, at my local shopping centre, instigated a 15 minute parking limit on some parking bays close to the shops. They have a weaselly little 'enforcement officer' (in a brand-new liveried car, of course) taking photos of the poor unsuspecting shoppers who park there, unaware of the tiny postcard-size signs that advertise the puny amount of time you're allowed to park. (the signs are completely obscured every time a big van parks in the bay). So LOTS of Christmas shoppers are going to get an unpleasant 50 tax on their Christmas budget. We're SO PLEASED that our Council thinks this is an efficient way to raise revenue. NOT.
    Thank you, I have said my piece.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

78Posts Today

1,940Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin