Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,573Posts
    • 28,526Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 140
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 13th Dec 17, 6:26 PM
    • 27,814 Posts
    • 15,065 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    A bit strange though, travelling by bus at 9.00 when you think that the bus pass isn't valid until 9.30!
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    Some areas have a concession of some sort before 9.30. Here it used to still be free then due to austerity it became a flat 30p charge.
    • cjdavies
    • By cjdavies 13th Dec 17, 7:11 PM
    • 3,294 Posts
    • 3,508 Thanks
    cjdavies
    Reward wallet on Topcashback

Certain cashback cannot be transferred to your Reward Wallet. Use the "Part payout" option at the top of the page to untick ineligible transactions to enable it.
    So that is all of them, seems worthless.
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 13th Dec 17, 9:21 PM
    • 3,696 Posts
    • 14,032 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Boy racers and their farting exhausts
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 77.7
    Total so far - 1537.8
    • Frogletina
    • By Frogletina 14th Dec 17, 10:55 AM
    • 3,057 Posts
    • 11,067 Thanks
    Frogletina
    I've just washed and dried a couple of items, only to take them out of the dryer to find that I forgot to add the washing liquid

Back to the beginning again. I'm glad they were only on a 20 minute washing cycle

frogletina
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first

SPC 8 #441 1567.31 SPC 9 #441 1014.64 SPC 10 #441 1164.13
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 14th Dec 17, 12:00 PM
    • 8,573 Posts
    • 28,526 Thanks
    fairy lights
    The 'Frugality Olympics - Christmas edition'
    E.g. "I save money by not getting a turkey, a chicken is cheaper and tastes better too"

- "Yeah, well, I don't waste money buying tins of quality street, I fish old tin foil out of my neighbours recycling bin and wrap up single raisins"

- "Raisins? Dried fruit is for spendthrifts. We only eat berries we've foraged ourselves and why waste money on tins of tuna when there are perfectly good squirrels ready to be wrangled?"
    • Attila the Bun
    • By Attila the Bun 14th Dec 17, 12:34 PM
    • 313 Posts
    • 545 Thanks
    Attila the Bun
    To save wear and tear on the stairway carpet I just shimmy up and down the banisters.
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 14th Dec 17, 3:51 PM
    • 8,573 Posts
    • 28,526 Thanks
    fairy lights
    To save wear and tear on the stairway carpet I just shimmy up and down the banisters.
    Originally posted by Attila the Bun
    Well la-di-da! Look at you and your fancy banisters. I don't even have stairs, just a bit of old rope leading in to oblivion.
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 14th Dec 17, 4:06 PM
    • 687 Posts
    • 1,661 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    The 'Frugality Olympics - Christmas edition'
    E.g. "I save money by not getting a turkey, a chicken is cheaper and tastes better too"

- "Yeah, well, I don't waste money buying tins of quality street, I fish old tin foil out of my neighbours recycling bin and wrap up single raisins"

- "Raisins? Dried fruit is for spendthrifts. We only eat berries we've foraged ourselves and why waste money on tins of tuna when there are perfectly good squirrels ready to be wrangled?"
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    tbh I'd agree with the first two but not for reasons of thrift, never been keen on turkey and Quality Street is the mankiest non-American chocolate there is IMO.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 14th Dec 17, 5:32 PM
    • 8,540 Posts
    • 13,946 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Originally posted by Attila the Bun
    That explains the shiny patches on your trousers!

Sleazy
    In Vino Veritas, In Aqua Sanitas
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 14th Dec 17, 5:38 PM
    • 7,654 Posts
    • 13,815 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    People at my shop and others I have visited past couple of days having a moan as ran out of bags for life. We still got 5p bags

My employer have ordered more, yet sold out. It's not mine, my employer or other shops' fault that they run out of bags.

It's your fault. Why not bring your own bags for once?

Some people have never bothered to bring their own bags! Seen customers buy a box of tissues - ask for a 5p bag when they have other new bags from other shops with one or two items in them.

To those who never bother to reuse bags, do you know how much money you are wasting? Probably in the customers above, about 140 since the bag charge.
    • cjdavies
    • By cjdavies 14th Dec 17, 6:29 PM
    • 3,294 Posts
    • 3,508 Thanks
    cjdavies
    Bought a game yesterday for my nephew on Amazon.

Showed him today to see if any interest on the game - yes, however saw 30 - could have sworn I paid 40 yesterday.

Looked at my orders and I did! Cancellation request has gone in, fingers crossed I get email to confirm.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 14th Dec 17, 6:39 PM
    • 27,814 Posts
    • 15,065 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Bought a game yesterday for my nephew on Amazon.

Showed him today to see if any interest on the game - yes, however saw 30 - could have sworn I paid 40 yesterday.

Looked at my orders and I did! Cancellation request has gone in, fingers crossed I get email to confirm.
    Originally posted by cjdavies
    Dont get your hopes up. I tried to cancel an order on amazon once about 30 minutes afterwards and they said it was too late. You can return it though.
    • cjdavies
    • By cjdavies 14th Dec 17, 7:05 PM
    • 3,294 Posts
    • 3,508 Thanks
    cjdavies
    Dont get your hopes up. I tried to cancel an order on amazon once about 30 minutes afterwards and they said it was too late. You can return it though.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    I just had an email it was cancelled
    • Quizzical Squirrel
    • By Quizzical Squirrel 14th Dec 17, 7:17 PM
    • 166 Posts
    • 4,540 Thanks
    Quizzical Squirrel
    I was just stuck at traffic lights and noticed a hand painted sign advertising a band's website.

I wonder if anyone ever visits their site because of a crappy sign?
    Why don't I?
    Maybe I'll like it.
    Let's give it a go....

Okay, that's the last time I ever do that.
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 14th Dec 17, 7:26 PM
    • 11,027 Posts
    • 29,387 Thanks
    suki1964
    gifs instead of a reply

What!!!8217;s that all about?

Seriously I!!!8217;m half crippled but a reply can be sent without a bloody giff
    if you lend someone 20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 14th Dec 17, 7:56 PM
    • 7,654 Posts
    • 13,815 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    I was just stuck at traffic lights and noticed a hand painted sign advertising a band's website.

I wonder if anyone ever visits their site because of a crappy sign?
    Why don't I?
    Maybe I'll like it.
    Let's give it a go....

Okay, that's the last time I ever do that.
    Originally posted by Quizzical Squirrel
    Got a few round here handwritten signs "we buy houses for cash" with just a mobile phone number. Who is going to be that stupid?
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 14th Dec 17, 8:42 PM
    • 8,540 Posts
    • 13,946 Thanks
    Sleazy
    1000 words instead of 1 picture ....
    Sleazy
    In Vino Veritas, In Aqua Sanitas
    • Bogof_Babe
    • By Bogof_Babe 14th Dec 17, 8:47 PM
    • 10,106 Posts
    • 16,358 Thanks
    Bogof_Babe
    "Easy peel" oranges (generic) that aren't. Been caught out in all the major supermarkets, they should be more honest.
    I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe

• ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 14th Dec 17, 9:11 PM
    • 2,699 Posts
    • 3,574 Thanks
    ceredigion
    TSB said NO
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 14th Dec 17, 11:58 PM
    • 27,814 Posts
    • 15,065 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Someone on facebook keeps doing some boring answer questions thing and every answer gets posted in big letters in the big coloured box things. It fills the feed and i am scrolling through endless rubbish. I end up giving up and logging out. I dont want to say can you stop posting rubbish.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

802Posts Today

6,252Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin