Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Emmaharris
    • By Emmaharris 20th Jun 17, 3:23 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Emmaharris
    Flight claims company sending threatening letters
    • 20th Jun 17, 3:23 PM
    Flight claims company sending threatening letters 20th Jun 17 at 3:23 PM
    Hi,
    Hoping I've posted this in the right place, if not, apologies.
    Bit of a complicated one. On return of a holiday to Costa Rica with Thompson we were told we were entitled to claim for a delay. Unfortunately although my stepmum was told to wait until we did it for her she went online and added all flight details to an online claims company she came across. ( Flight delay claims team. Based in Northants )
    She filled in most info then they asked her to fill in a power of attorney form and she decided not to carry on online. She received an email saying thanks for signing up with us and called them a couple of weeks later to say she didn't want to go ahead as it was being dealt with by my brother. On the phone they said that was ok and that would be the end of it. Fast forward to recent weeks and she is recieving letters saying she owes them nearly 1600 for ignored reminders, the work they did processing the claim etc. The are adding interest daily and adding charges for random stuff and I have no idea what to do next. They won't discuss over the phone and say they don't take phone calls. Have emailed and they are pretty much saying tough luck pay up.
    She hasn't heard anything from Thompson regarding the compensation but the two other people that claimed together officially with Thompson have had their money back already. ( no one knew she'd put any details in online as we all did ours with resolver )
    It's all a mess and we have no clue how to sort it!
    Any help or advice would be great.
    Thank you.
Page 35
    • CharlB
    • By CharlB 2nd Jan 20, 12:28 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CharlB
    Hey guys,

Does anyone know what i should do with regards to witnesses etc? The witnesses i were going to use arent able to attend the date if which i am going to court (07/01/2020) due to personal circumstances.
    Do i have to inform the courts or? Im really unsure how to go about it, i havent prepared at all and i cant find any information on how to prepare myself... i dont know what im allowed to bring with me, what im allowed to say/speak about. Its putting me in a pit of despair and making me feel quite sick knowing these !!!!!!!s are trying to fleece me for that amount.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 2nd Jan 20, 3:25 PM
    • 4,852 Posts
    • 1,316 Thanks
    JPears
    Have you read Vauban's guide? I'm sure there is some info in there on what to have prepared generally for small claims.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • CharlB
    • By CharlB 2nd Jan 20, 5:31 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CharlB
    I havent no will read that. Its more just that fact the witnesses can no longer attend the hearing im concerned about. Its literally causing me so much anxiety leading up to this i feel like i could have a mental breakdown any minute.
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 2nd Jan 20, 5:45 PM
    • 1,151 Posts
    • 493 Thanks
    legal magpie
    It depends what you mean by "personal circumstances". If, for example the witness had booked a holiday before the date was known or has a pre-arranged hospital appointment this would be grounds to seek an adjournment assuming, of course, that these problems weren't known about when you returned your directions questionnaires to the Court. Otherwise, you should still submit their signed witness statements to the Court and to the company and explain to the Judge that they couldn't attend. The Judge can take such notice of the statement as he thinks fit and will probably have read the statement before the case starts. You could serve a hearsay notice but this is probably overkill.
    On the other hand, if you are concerned about your own mental health you always have the option of giving in and paying up.
    • Lo57635
    • By Lo57635 5th Jan 20, 7:25 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lo57635
    Has anyone got a update on flight delay claims team, when they are at court next or about there hearing
    • CharlB
    • By CharlB 5th Jan 20, 7:37 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CharlB
    Personal circumstances being that he fell ill to cancer and has had to undergo major surgery so isnt well enough to attend, he also hasnt done a witness statement. The witness statement they have provided is complete lies, i have no witness statements to bring with me only facts from other cases like the Bott & Co case earlier this year. Also the fact r.e their crown court case and what not.
    With regards to paying theres no way i can afford to pay it and i feel strongly that i do not owe it to them.

The amount FDCT are claiming for is about 280 more than the initial final invoice amount they sent me as well so i cant work out what theyre trying to do.
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 5th Jan 20, 8:28 PM
    • 1,151 Posts
    • 493 Thanks
    legal magpie
    The company and its directors all entered pleas of "Not Guilty" and the trial will take place in January 2021.
    • CharlB
    • By CharlB 5th Jan 20, 8:46 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CharlB
    Why doesnt that surprise me, typical.
    Well id say the Bott & Co case is pretty good back up, as theres wasnt just individuals it was a blanket order, stating that they were jot entitled to any of the compensation they had received via claims. So surely an unregulated company such as these clowns the judge can see that they arent professionals and dont have a clue about what theyre doing the only thing they have a clue about it fleecing people for money.
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 5th Jan 20, 9:07 PM
    • 1,151 Posts
    • 493 Thanks
    legal magpie
    What "Bott and Co case"?
    • CharlB
    • By CharlB 7th Jan 20, 12:57 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CharlB
    Hi all,

Had my hearing this morning and it couldnt have gone better. Judge ruled in my favour, fingers crossed to everyone else!
    • Davexmas
    • By Davexmas 7th Jan 20, 7:48 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Davexmas
    Brilliant !
    • Mccaffs
    • By Mccaffs 7th Jan 20, 8:07 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Mccaffs
    Excellent news!
    • Camdan123
    • By Camdan123 8th Jan 20, 3:08 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Camdan123
    Great News
    • JAM2018
    • By JAM2018 8th Jan 20, 5:42 PM
    • 111 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    JAM2018
    Court Case
    Well done. It does seem that when the cases go to court FDCT lose.
    • Elena C
    • By Elena C 12th Jan 20, 7:52 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Elena C
    I have read the whole thread and wow, this has been useful! I ended up in the same situation as most - filled in an online enquiry but didn't sign a power of attorney or anything else, ignored their letter requests to submit more documents and just over 2 weeks later (of course) I get an email that I allegedly owe them a cancellation fee. When I asked to see the "signed" contract they sent me a document with my name typed in Comic Sans, absolute joke. Can't believe the audacity of those scammers even with a court case hanging over them and won't pay them a penny.
    • DrA_Harrogate
    • By DrA_Harrogate 14th Jan 20, 1:06 PM
    • 302 Posts
    • 107 Thanks
    DrA_Harrogate
    You are quite right, but be aware they may well pursue you in Court (I suppose they will give up somwtime?) in which case you will need ALL your facts like ducks in a row. You are off to a great start by reading the thread, of course.
    • Helppp
    • By Helppp 15th Jan 20, 4:52 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Helppp
    Hey guys ..

Hope your well ..

I thought I would let you know that FDCT have ceased trading so they will no longer be able to pursue claims against ANYONE. WE DID IT GUYS .... WE DID IT !!!

Mariya.
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 15th Jan 20, 7:02 PM
    • 1,151 Posts
    • 493 Thanks
    legal magpie
    How do you know? Their website is still up and running
    • Helppp
    • By Helppp 16th Jan 20, 11:07 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Helppp
    Hey I received an email to confirm this.
    • Davexmas
    • By Davexmas 16th Jan 20, 10:19 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Davexmas
    Who sent the email to confirm this ? They still appear to be operating online ?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,079Posts Today

6,636Users online

Martin's Twitter