Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • IceTry
    • By IceTry 19th Jun 17, 9:33 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 13Thanks
    IceTry
    What does it mean if the "debt bubble" bursts?
    • 19th Jun 17, 9:33 PM
    What does it mean if the "debt bubble" bursts? 19th Jun 17 at 9:33 PM
    Can anyone explain this to me, please?

I am wondering about this in terms of investments v. cash savings? But am also generally curious. A poster raised this issue in a recent thread.

Thanks.
Page 3
    • Carrieanne
    • By Carrieanne 12th Aug 18, 4:57 PM
    • 90 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    Carrieanne
    Events quickened in a big way two days ago when the Argentina peso and Turkish lira hit all-time lows versus the US dollar. It's massively odds-on that the Venezuelan bolivar and Iranian rial achieved similar but it's difficult to get accurate numbers as those countries are understandably coy about releasing data. Five years ago 10 bolivars purchased one US dollar. Today circa four million bolivars buys one US dollar, making that currency effectively worthless.

Agent Orange in the Whitehouse appears intent on imposing sanctions or tariffs on anything that catches his eye. Whomever's pulling his strings seems to be in a hurry to initiate economic chaos on a global scale.

Turkey's president has urged citizens to exchange their gold for lira. He ought to consider becoming a comedian.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

144Posts Today

1,192Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin